Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! (39433 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Na this 1979 motor you dey call new lol cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
wey your papa never see for him life abi grin

3 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by youngllleo: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2021
My love for cars ehh, abeg teach me more about cars, i love Mercedes ooo, nd i've seen ur thread about racing a Toyota!
Teach me about car engines, i want to be familiar with alot of thing bout cars!
Are Lexus cars fast?
Abeg godinu Find me that money those boys reject! I need am

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by maximunimpact(m): 11:57am On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
It was 6:50 am in the morning when I called teddy that I was coming to Lagos to pick my cls up( I had paid for a thorough paint job to be meted out on the car)

I booked a flight from calabar to Lagos that same month for almost twice the normal fee! shocked

Everything went smoothly from there and I spent the night at one of those hotels in the GRA axis of ikeja.

I went down to meet up with the paint guy, and I was impressed by what I saw.

I was assigned a driver by the company to drive the car down to calabar... “Na new car be this, drive carefully “ the driver was told, but it was the complete opposite of the instructions he was meted out to that he did.

Pothole upon pothole the car entered, and I was so mad that I couldn’t shout again.

The final straw that broke the camelback was when he entered two potholes at once along sapele road, and the tyres screeched and gave up.

The passenger side tyres tore like it was riddled with bullets, and it was a bushy area.....

shocked

We heard a siren blow and a police van ordered us not to park there that hoodlums kidnapped people there...

They had to follow us to the nearest filling station, which was thankfully near an army checkpoint.

The rims had given up too at that point ( rims wey I buy 250k) cry

I was so mad I couldn’t even talk to the driver again.

The policemen came down and asked what the problem was .. they offered to bring down the tyre and sorted things for us. shocked

We had to sleep in the filling station that night for the car to be worked on the the next morning!
That particular night, without being signaled to come, 4 Warri boys helped us get new tyres and transported it to the car’s location without collecting money. I was shocked by the hospitality.

The next day, the boys again took me to where I’d get rims and everything for the car, which was beyond amazing.

I had to squeeze 3k to the supposed leader, as they refused to collect anything.

I got back to calabar yesterday afternoon, and I’m riddled with repairs worth 300k+

If you’re from delta, you guys rock! So much, as if it wasn’t for those guys, then my situation would have been lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Wow! We deltans rock! Even police still help your case
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2021
How far?
OfficialDJ:
It was 6:50 am in the morning when I called teddy that I was coming to Lagos to pick my cls up( I had paid for a thorough paint job to be meted out on the car)

I booked a flight from calabar to Lagos that same month for almost twice the normal fee! shocked

Everything went smoothly from there and I spent the night at one of those hotels in the GRA axis of ikeja.

I was assigned a driver by the company to drive the car down to calabar... “Na new car be this, drive carefully “ the driver was told, but it was the complete opposite of the instructions he was meted out to that he did.

Pothole upon pothole the car entered, and I was so mad that I couldn’t shout again.

The final straw that broke the camelback was when he entered two potholes at once along sapele road, and the tyres screeched and gave up.

The passenger side tyres tore like it was riddled with bullets, and it was a bushy area.....

shocked

We heard a siren blow and a police van ordered us not to park there that hoodlums kidnapped people there...

They had to follow us to the nearest filling station, which was thankfully near an army checkpoint.

The policemen came down and asked what the problem was .. they offered to bring down the tyre and sorted things for us. shocked

We had to sleep in the filling station that night for the car to be worked on the the next morning!
That particular night, without being signaled to come, 4 Warri boys helped us get new tyres and transported it to the car’s location without collecting money. I was shocked by the hospitality.

The next day, the boys again took me to where I’d get rims and everything for the car, which was beyond amazing.

I had to squeeze 3k to the supposed leader, as they refused to collect anything.

I got back to calabar yesterday afternoon, and I’m riddled with repairs worth 300k+

If you’re from delta, you guys rock! So much, as if it wasn’t for those guys, then my situation would have been lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 11:58am On Jun 08, 2021
maximunimpact:

Wow! We deltans rock! Even police still help your case
most definitely!
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2021
Angrygoat:
Lol why stressing yourself over am outdated naija used cls. Why didn't you tow it or hire a company to do it. U never see problem yet. Sheybi na benz u wan drive. Dont worry from 300k plus ,u go still spend another 500k. Then the cycle continues which eventually it will land on nairaland as 6months used. Dont buy benz,una no go here. U go hail later,no worry.
why tf are you pained
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by KingAzari: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2021
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by tooth4tooth: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

shocked

Pls,when you require a trip of this nature,avoid the nights. Personally, l hate night trips

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
wey your papa never see for him life abi grin

Olodo dem dey paint New motor kikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by greggng: 11:59am On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

shocked

Next time get a good driver that knows the terrain...
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Isokoboy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

shocked

Yes ooo.na so we be oo...
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Chirowman(m): 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Good one
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Olodo dem dey paint New motor kikikikiki
maybe I go hire your papa to paint my Honda...

I dey even argue with bleaching grin lizard...
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
most definitely!

Mumu you done see who believe your story. You fly go lagos to go follow motor come by road.

This Akpan is daft

6 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by bigcee(m): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
ReadaDream:
The NEW Way To Slim Down & Get Rid Of Excess Belly Fat Using A Special Nigerian Diet
See the secret here: Link in my signature or send a PM

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Curious345: 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
im changing the color though to white!
jesus ,I saw this car opposite the RCCg campground just yesterday afternoon, it drove past me... Am I correct please ?
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
maybe I go hire your papa to paint my Honda...

I dey even argue with bleaching grin lizard...

Lol how sure are we you are not the driver or house boy lol

2 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by phemmyfour: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
all my cars are white, and white doesn’t radiate heat like black sad
White absorbs dirt. Black absorbs heat. It doesn't affect you
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by KingAzari: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
Smithkline200:
Congratulations bro.

But i read couple of journals about the CLS.... not being a great Mercedes product...

But then... your choice

It is quite problematic. Give it 2 years max and it will stress him out with bills even if he is A.D.

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AirBay: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

What year is this car pls?
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
AirBay:

What year is this car pls?

1979. You no see the picture?
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
all my cars are white, and white doesn’t radiate heat like black sad

All which cars?

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Curious345:
jesus ,I saw this car opposite the RCCg campground just yesterday afternoon, it drove past me... Am I correct please ?
when?
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
Fooolishbuharri:

Na so. E no get motor when dem go drive with force enter pothole sotey wheel break when no go sleep road. Which is why as beautiful as alloy wheels are, cast wheels are still stronger.

Plus those OP wheels are after market, likely Chinese.

You sabi am
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
when?

Lol e choke you

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by ClitRaider: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
BamBamK:
sweet looking

Nice story but you could've drove yourself of get a good friend to do such next time.

Pls is not advisable to change colors from black to white, it may affect a lot of things.
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Ekg911(m): 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2021
Carchoice:
Toyota clitoris? grin

Do you have conscience at all?
This nairaland, ona no go finish person with laugh cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by KosiGee(m): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Ain’t you the same guy that was racing a Toyota Highlander??

Talk true, what happened to your car?
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

Lol e choke you
grin
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Kingcalls: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Angrygoat:
Lol why stressing yourself over am outdated naija used cls. Why didn't you tow it or hire a company to do it. U never see problem yet. Sheybi na benz u wan drive. Dont worry from 300k plus ,u go still spend another 500k. Then the cycle continues which eventually it will land on nairaland as 6months used. Dont buy benz,una no go here. U go hail later,no worry.

Blacks and bitterness...jealous mf ... u hv never in ur life driven a Mercedes and u are insulting someone that drives one just cos u can't afford it...in America a 2005 Mercedes is more valuable than a 2015 Toyota, in terms of respect.... in Eastern Europe big business men still drive 05 benz , u cant catch them with Toyota... u are certainly not enlightened....u think say Toyota follow for motor

5 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by mormoney85(m): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
don't try it if not u wiil hate the car

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Parking Revenges: These Terrible Drivers Got What They Deserved / Christmas Cow Spotted Inside A Car In Port Harcourt (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.