Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! (39397 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / Racing A 2014 Highlander With A mercedes Cls550. Toyotas Need To Know Their Mate / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by ClitRaider: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2021
Fooolishbuharri:

Lol baba Benz no be Nissan oh. Those cars are solid. I advise you use one before you bad mouth it and don't base your knowledge on some kazeem's verdict.

Buy a car with good history, change oil as at when due, give it what it requires and it WILL even outlast your Toyota clitoris which it most likely out performs too.

Toyota Clit?!

WTF

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Loverboy3333: 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Angrygoat:
Lol why stressing yourself over am outdated naija used cls. Why didn't you tow it or hire a company to do it. U never see problem yet. Sheybi na benz u wan drive. Dont worry from 300k plus ,u go still spend another 500k. Then the cycle continues which eventually it will land on nairaland as 6months used. Dont buy benz,una no go here. U go hail later,no worry.

Now repeat after me, "Poverty get out from me"

say it 7times

2 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by abbatoir(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
another clown who watches and believes this guy on YouTube.

I drive Benz... truly quite expensive to maintain

But I no get choice..

2 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Angrygoat: 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2021
Do u even have up to 500k s we speak. Move enter stale gutter quick
Loverboy3333:

Now repeat after me, "Poverty get out from me"

say it 7times
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
all my cars are white, and white doesn’t radiate heat like black sad

You got a good point boss, anything black radiates heat, but most people don't know this.
Congratulations and God bless those Biafran boys that helped you at distress journey.

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by christopher123(m): 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
It was 6:50 am in the morning when I called teddy that I was coming to Lagos to pick my cls up( I had paid for a thorough paint job to be meted out on the car)

I booked a flight from calabar to Lagos that same month for almost twice the normal fee! shocked

Everything went smoothly from there and I spent the night at one of those hotels in the GRA axis of ikeja.

I went down to meet up with the paint guy, and I was impressed by what I saw.

I was assigned a driver by the company to drive the car down to calabar... “Na new car be this, drive carefully “ the driver was told, but it was the complete opposite of the instructions he was meted out to that he did.

Pothole upon pothole the car entered, and I was so mad that I couldn’t shout again.

The final straw that broke the camelback was when he entered two potholes at once along sapele road, and the tyres screeched and gave up.

The passenger side tyres tore like it was riddled with bullets, and it was a bushy area.....

shocked

We heard a siren blow and a police van ordered us not to park there that hoodlums kidnapped people there...

They had to follow us to the nearest filling station, which was thankfully near an army checkpoint.

The rims had given up too at that point ( rims wey I buy 250k) cry

I was so mad I couldn’t even talk to the driver again.

The policemen came down and asked what the problem was .. they offered to bring down the tyre and sorted things for us. shocked

We had to sleep in the filling station that night for the car to be worked on the the next morning!
That particular night, without being signaled to come, 4 Warri boys helped us get new tyres and transported it to the car’s location without collecting money. I was shocked by the hospitality.

The next day, the boys again took me to where I’d get rims and everything for the car, which was beyond amazing.

I had to squeeze 3k to the supposed leader, as they refused to collect anything.

I got back to calabar yesterday afternoon, and I’m riddled with repairs worth 300k+

If you’re from delta, you guys rock! So much, as if it wasn’t for those guys, then my situation would have been lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Next time follow asaba then hit Enugu them Ebonyi then Cross River...the road is awesome

2 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by ClitRaider: 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
nurey:

Yes Benz no be Nissan truly, Benz enter pothole you sleep for half star fueling station grin, Nissan enters pothole, shakes it off and you reach your destination
Honestly those Nissans are made for pot holes, I entered a Nissan from okene to Lokoja some months ago, the guy just dey bash every pot/manhole on the ever degraded okene-lokoja road.

When I got to Lokoja, I had to look at the car twice again and congratulate the drive cos I can never drive my Honda that way..

4 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
SonOfTheRisingS:

You got a good point boss, anything black radiates heat, but most people don't know this.
Congratulations and God bless those Biafran boys that helped you at distress journey.
amen grin

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Curious345: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
when?
yesterday
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by roundman: 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
Angrygoat:
No worry. We go still see the car put as for sale soon. U never see problem.
Guy why you dey talk like this,if i have the means i nor go drive another car...Benz is the ultimate, just use an once you go understand the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2021
christopher123:
Next time follow asaba then hit Enugu them Ebonyi then Cross River...the road is awesome

He should sue the minister of works or Nigeria government instead for bad roads upon bad roads.
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Ademoore07(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2021
Chaiiiiii...... A journey of almost 10 hours.
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ademoore07:
Chaiiiiii...... A journey of almost 10 hours.
na it I use days o grin
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by deavicky(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
It was 6:50 am in the morning when I called teddy that I was coming to Lagos to pick my cls up( I had paid for a thorough paint job to be meted out on the car)

I booked a flight from calabar to Lagos that same month for almost twice the normal fee! shocked

Everything went smoothly from there and I spent the night at one of those hotels in the GRA axis of ikeja.

I went down to meet up with the paint guy, and I was impressed by what I saw.

I was assigned a driver by the company to drive the car down to calabar... “Na new car be this, drive carefully “ the driver was told, but it was the complete opposite of the instructions he was meted out to that he did.

Pothole upon pothole the car entered, and I was so mad that I couldn’t shout again.

The final straw that broke the camelback was when he entered two potholes at once along sapele road, and the tyres screeched and gave up.

The passenger side tyres tore like it was riddled with bullets, and it was a bushy area.....

shocked

We heard a siren blow and a police van ordered us not to park there that hoodlums kidnapped people there...

They had to follow us to the nearest filling station, which was thankfully near an army checkpoint.

The rims had given up too at that point ( rims wey I buy 250k) cry

I was so mad I couldn’t even talk to the driver again.

The policemen came down and asked what the problem was .. they offered to bring down the tyre and sorted things for us. shocked

We had to sleep in the filling station that night for the car to be worked on the the next morning!
That particular night, without being signaled to come, 4 Warri boys helped us get new tyres and transported it to the car’s location without collecting money. I was shocked by the hospitality.

The next day, the boys again took me to where I’d get rims and everything for the car, which was beyond amazing.

I had to squeeze 3k to the supposed leader, as they refused to collect anything.

I got back to calabar yesterday afternoon, and I’m riddled with repairs worth 300k+

If you’re from delta, you guys rock! So much, as if it wasn’t for those guys, then my situation would have been lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Those good old days when ritualist has not infiltrated everywhere. I had similar experience with them. when I chattered a bus from Abeokuta to PH, not know the the crazy driver does not have a drivers licence. We were delayed at every check point till we got to Uhgara ( don't know if I spelt it well) by 10pm where the police their seriously refuse to allow the driver go. They had to park the vehicle in their station, so we where around the station area when two boys came to us and asked what the problem was. I explained our ordeal to them and also asked them show us where to get an hotel. But they refused and said it is over 12am already that I shouldn't waste that money that we should come to their house and pass the remaining hours in their place. I insisted I must go to the hotel, but they assured us not be afraid that nothing will happen to us. That we should just follow them. The driver finally agreed, reluctantly I followed and they actually gave us a place to sleep and we slept peacefully till the next morning.
And they didn't ask for anything.

8 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
deavicky:
Those good old days when ritualist has not infiltrated everywhere. I had similar experience with them. when I chattered a bus from Abeokuta to PH, not know the the crazy driver does not have a drivers licence. We were delayed at every check point till we got to Uhgara ( don't know if I spelt it well) by 10pm where the police their seriously refuse to allow the driver go. They had to park the vehicle in their station, so we where around the station area when two boys came to us and asked what the problem was. I explained our ordeal to them and also asked them show us where to get an hotel. But they refused and said it is over 12am already that I shouldn't waste that money that we should come to their house and pass the remaining hours in their place. I insisted I must go to the hotel, but they assured us not be afraid that nothing will happen to us. That we should just follow them. The driver finally agreed, reluctantly I followed and they actually gave us a place to sleep and we slept peacefully till the next morning.
And they didn't ask for anything.
delta s rock honestly!
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Ryan14(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2021
"The policemen came down and asked what the problem was .. they offered to bring down the tyre and sorted things for us"

Kudos to the Police too.. for offering to help

6 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by freemi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
all my cars are white, and white doesn’t radiate heat like black sad
why not paint it white from lagos

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
freemi:
why not paint it white from lagos
i didn't know white was so majestic on it angry
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by executive12: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2021
ClitRaider:

Honestly those Nissans are made for pot holes, I entered a Nissan from okene to Lokoja some months ago, the guy just dey bash every pot/manhole on the ever degraded okene-lokoja road.

When I got to Lokoja, I had to look at the car twice again and congratulate the drive cos I can never drive my Honda that way..

No car is made for potholes.
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Vanmatrix(m): 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
yes o; but all my cars are white.. it’s just my go-to color for cars

Boss show us the way naw!!!

We sef wan buy car too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Urchmantete: 12:32pm On Jun 08, 2021
The street is mean... Follow who know road
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
Urchmantete:
The street is mean... Follow who know road
Deco chief

2 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Vanmatrix(m): 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
executive12:

No car is made for potholes.

Try am for ur Honda na.

Na tierod go first commot��
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ryan14:

"The policemen came down and asked what the problem was .. they offered to bring down the tyre and sorted things for us"

Kudos to the Police too.. for offering to help

i was shocked as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2021
I am demanding that Calabar seaport should be restored now to avoid risks and dangerous road trips by citizens.

Or better still, relocate seaport in Lagos to Oron or Calabar.
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by AfonjaBoston: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
i was shocked as well

You sabi how tear rubber motor dey smell?
Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2021
grin
sultaan:
This is what happens when a driver used to a Toyota Clitoris hats to drive a Mercedes Benz Phallus.
They can't handle that powerful

2 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by Vmotors: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2021
People buy different models of vehicle fot different reason .Mostly their choice before even the price. Mercedes brands you will agree with me is amongst the best cars in the world in all ramifications. They are durable, elegant , enjoyable and classic. Maintenance depends on the usage too and the environment you leave especially in Nigeria where most inner roads are bad. However, the
partss are costlier than other lower range vehicles like the Toyota, Honda,Nissan etc. If you can afford it with maintenance routine pls go for it.

4 Likes

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by pek(m): 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
OfficialDJ:
im changing the color though to white!
You want to spoil that car? You painted the car to a lovely black and now you want to change to white? Don't let the spirit of that car torment you.

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by BamBamK: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2021
ClitRaider:

Nice story but you could've drove yourself of get a good friend to do such next time.

Pls is not advisable to change colors from black to white, it may affect a lot of things.

heheheheheheh

wetin u smoke this hot afternoon??

na me get car?? which one be this long suggestion way u dy write gimme so?? shuuu

1 Like

Re: Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! by OfficialDJ: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2021
tongue tongue
pek:
You want to spoil that car? You painted the car to a lovely black and now you want to change to white? Don't let the spirit of that car torment you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies / The 2018 Lincoln Aviator Is Indeed A Luxury SUV (photos) / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.