Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? (504 Views)

Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card / Free Browsing How To Get Mtn 756mb Worth Of Data 100% Free Of Charge / 9mobile Complete List Of Data Plan, Bundles, Subscription Codes And Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? by degamonn: 10:28am On May 08, 2021
Before now 4gig could last up to a month. Now 10gid last less than 3 weeks. Is it that network providers charge 5time more than what they were charging 2or 3 years ago? As for my data consumption, I know it has not doubled up to that.

I am contemplating to stop browsing. Though it is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible. The money I spend on that now is becoming unbearable. If spend 6k monthly on data, how much is my take-home pay?
Re: The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? by RereDesign: 10:30am On May 08, 2021
As in, you get it
Re: The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? by SUPERPACK: 10:36am On May 08, 2021
degamonn:
Before now 4gig could last up to a month. Now 10gid last less than 3 weeks. Is it that network providers charge 5time more than what they were charging 2or 3 years ago? As for my data consumption, I know it has not doubled up to that.

I am contemplating to stop browsing. Though it is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible. The money I spend on that now is becoming unbearable. If spend 6k monthly on data, how much is my take-home pay?
start with deleting your facebook app, it is the main data sucking culprit. Also, do not access facebook on chrome browser too because it can load 60 pages at a go, use operamini or opera browser for that.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? by degamonn: 10:59am On May 08, 2021
SUPERPACK:
start with deleting your facebook app, it is the main data sucking culprit. Also, do not access facebook on chrome browser too because it can load 60 pages at a go, use operamini or opera browser for that.
Thanks for that. But can anyone confirm if actually Chrome consumes more data than other browsers because I actually use it.
Re: The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? by SUPERPACK: 11:04am On May 08, 2021
degamonn:

Thanks for that. But can anyone confirm if actually Chrome consumes more data than other browsers because I actually use it.
Chrome has no data setting and as such mostly load image/videos on facebook in high resolution. If you want an experiment, load facebook on opera and do same on chrome then compare the data usage. If I load 3GB data almost 2gb is taken by facebook via chrome alone and I do check facebook barely thrice a week spending an hour on each session.
Re: The Cost Of Data Bundle Is Unbearable To Me Now. What's The Way Forward? by degamonn: 11:41am On May 08, 2021
SUPERPACK:
Chrome has no data setting and as such mostly load image/videos on facebook in high resolution. If you want an experiment, load facebook on opera and do same on chrome then compare the data usage. If I load 3GB data almost 2gb is taken by facebook via chrome alone and I do check facebook barely thrice a week spending an hour on each session.
okay. Thanks. I use facebook app though.

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The Word "Otellectual" / Nylon Production Machine For Sale / Veegil Word Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.