Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) (52764 Views)

See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Huge Crocodile Killed In Uhonmora, Edo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by pacespot(m): 4:02pm On May 08, 2021
Make them no open the tummy of that thing o, I heard the tummy stinks like nothing else. Crocodiles eat all sorts of things.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by mojoyin73585: 4:02pm On May 08, 2021
pele bianca you too like olonga
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 4:02pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
wow, I never knew. I thought with how hard it looks it gonna taste awful.

They are usually skinned before cooking, frying or roasting. You can check out amazing crocodile delicacies from around the world on YouTube.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by denvers: 4:05pm On May 08, 2021
It should have been sold to a zoo.
But country hard.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 4:05pm On May 08, 2021
shogsman:
What is kind of stupidity and madness is this,some twats will tell you it's hunger but in Haiti sef they don't eat nonsense,how stupid and slow does a person have to be to consider eating a crocodile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8uxPakCQw
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Chioma1989: 4:06pm On May 08, 2021
We have a lot to learn from East African countries of Kenya, Tanzania and Southern Africa countries of South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe regarding conservation.

Imagine taking this crocodile to the lekki conservation center.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by shogsman(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2021
networkgenuis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8uxPakCQw
So you don't know the difference between alligator and crocodile
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Minjim: 4:07pm On May 08, 2021
Poor thing
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by generalwo(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2021
post=101488649:
Update From . COM

A Twitter user has shared photos of a dead crocodile that was being cut on Ogombo/Abraham Adesanya road in Lagos state, Reports.

Taking to his Twitter handle, @kingdahyor

https://mobile.twitter.com/kingdahyor/status/1390666859205341186
..... An American will see a wild animal close to his house, he will call the authorities and capture the animal, then release it back into the wild...... A Nigerian man will go into the wild to kill a wild animal for food...... How this life take balance?
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by JaceBlaze: 4:11pm On May 08, 2021
The hunger is real shocked
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by PissfulProtester: 4:12pm On May 08, 2021
[quote author=chiiraq802 post=101490064][/quote]be mindful of how you use my picture on nairaland.. else, you risk getting banned for life
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 08, 2021
GeeX:
Why put it in the crime section and not under Food? You really think anyone will do something about slippers wearing steet boys trying to eat some wild protein... grin

Dude...it tastes like chicken...served in all seafood restaurants down south and a few up here in the Midwest
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 08, 2021
Nigerians sad

Please anyone to help me topup. I'm stranded at the ATM stand right now. Thanks God bless sad smiley

Urgent pls.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 4:16pm On May 08, 2021
fyguard:
Wen are we going to have regard for other creatures? Shud i call this hunger or stupidity?

If we check very well now, you eat chicken, beef, mutton, pork, etc.

When will you have regards for those animals?
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 4:21pm On May 08, 2021
shogsman:

So you don't know the difference between alligator and crocodile

Apart from the shape of their snout, what else?
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Tremple8v: 4:23pm On May 08, 2021
Abegi even Europe and Americans dey eat am , No come here dey make us feel as If we local .park well grin
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by shogsman(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2021
networkgenuis:

Apart from the shape of their snout, what else?

Alligators lives in fresh water while crocodiles wild in the dirt of the mud,remove genius from that moniker grin,they are dirtier, unaccommodating,wild and regularly comes in contact with the worst of diseases and they eat humans
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Georgejeez: 4:31pm On May 08, 2021
That Animal is a man eater , only God knows how many humans it must have caught swimming or bathing in the river , give em the death roll and devoured .
Before you come here and be forming Animal activists , know that that Croc will not think of conserving you if it's jaws close on your leg on a lonely day at the river bank .
Moreover if you take it to the zoo , it wouldn't be well fed , we have seen pics of lions looking like Hiv patients in our zoos , imagine this huge king of the river being fed with fufu and Ewedu daily in Nigerian zoos .
Before 2 months , crocodile go reduce turn to Iguana ,from Iguana he go turn Chameleon , from there, wall gecko ...
Abeg as them chop am nai better , any Zoo wen de find crocodile mek them go hunt their own .

All man for himself.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by manikspears: 4:39pm On May 08, 2021
If person dress like animal for street nowadays, them fit carry am chop.i seriously don't know our problem in this country. MUST WE EAT EVERYTHING?
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by networkgenuis: 4:40pm On May 08, 2021
shogsman:

Alligators lives in fresh water while crocodiles wild in the dirt of the mud,remove genius from that moniker grin,they are dirtier, unaccommodating,wild and regularly comes in contact with the worst of diseases and they eat humans

That’s wrong my friend.
In America for example, crocodile and alligators coexist in the same habitat. We even have saltwater crocodile in places like Australia.

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by AHCB: 4:54pm On May 08, 2021
That's a croc alright.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by chiiraq802(m): 4:57pm On May 08, 2021
PissfulProtester:
be mindful of how you use my picture on nairaland.. else, you risk getting banned for life

Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Allwell96: 5:04pm On May 08, 2021
This tin go don chop human being sef and una wan chop am... ewwwwww!
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Memberclub(m): 5:15pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
And you wanna eat this! What the f*ck is wrong with you guys yo? That doesnt look like anything edible! Ya'll are Train wreck.
White people eat them more than blacks
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 08, 2021
milehigh06:

Dude...it tastes like chicken...served in all seafood restaurants down south and a few up here in the Midwest

Yea I reckon Americans love *alligator* and I have seen some alligator farms there as well. But I don't know about crocs though.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by nedekid: 5:16pm On May 08, 2021
falcon01:
And you wanna eat this! What the f*ck is wrong with you guys yo? That doesnt look like anything edible! Ya'll are Train wreck.
Crocks are eaten all over the world. In Florida, Louisiana etc, in Nigeria ie ikorodu, ondo etc. So it is not that strange.
Just as you and I dispice eating it, so others enjoy.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2021
Sometimes I wonder the way Nigeria is going. Many people are unaware that every living thing in this life plays its role. If one organism becomes extinct, it affects other organisms. You eat the crock why? Because I nefa taste dis kain meat before for my life?
To be sincere it is not by GDP that shows you're smart or wise. Kenya,Namibia, South Africa take this Conservation thing seriously. We all watch Animals, people study about animals especially wild animals in undergraduate. If somebody doesn't preserve it will they be anything like Animal Planet,Nat Geo Wild? How would you feel that the only thing on your screen na Goat and fowl with cow and other domesticated animals.
For snake Venom treatment we need snakes Venom to be get the Anti-venoms. You hear of Eastern brown,Naja Naja(King Cobra). It's all conservation.
The Tiger population is on it's way to recovery as a result of Conservation.
When we eat think. A guy killed a Blue Marlin costing over 14million naira because of Ignorance.
I blame government for Neglect and Nigerians thinking of APC and PDP instead of their future.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Josh2fun: 5:17pm On May 08, 2021
See meat , make Dem send my own to my address ooo
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by redsun(m): 5:27pm On May 08, 2021
Those hungry animals are more primitive than the crocodile itself. Even though crocodiles have lived since the age of dinosaurs. Their lack of evolution and adaption is why they do sickening things like that.
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Maromark(m): 5:29pm On May 08, 2021
I hope is not somebody that change to this they are eating now �
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:30pm On May 08, 2021
networkgenuis:

If we check very well now, you eat chicken, beef, mutton, pork, etc.

When will you have regards for those animals?
gringrin. I have seen this Argument and I know how to handle it.
The truth remains that Domestic Animals and Food Animals in the Food industry play non-significant role in our Ecosystem. How and why?
Domesticated are Animals are bred to fufill a purpose as either companion Animals,Work Animals,Food Animals or Guard Animals.
Recent studies have shown most food Animals are green house gases emitters. A Cattle doesn't help the Ecosystem in anyway. They add to the problem. Ever heard of "Green House Effect". In Lay man terms, it means a recurring event that occurs or happens as a result of the inability of the heat in the earth to be conducted out into the space. They're certain gases which trap this heat and conduct it. The chief being Methane Gases.
This heat eventually leads to melting of Ice Caps in the polar region which leads to flooding, Tsunami, Cyclones and many disasters. Life is balance oo. Do you know that every living organism digestive organism release some form of Methane? Cattles are known to consume lots of grasses and Forages. Do they belch? Yes. Do they poop? Yes. What gas is released? Methane. Where does this Methane escape to? The Atmosphere. The denser the population, the more gases are there to be released.
Does your Fowl and Pig add anything to the Ecosystem? Well yes when they die and are consumed by decaying organisms. Aside death,they play nothing.
A crocodile reduces the increase of prey density. Guy you no go like if you wake up one morning and you see like 50 squirrels for your frontage.
That's the reason wildlife is preserved. They're preserved to balance things in the earth but you see this cancer (Man)? He no go hear word.
George Orwell "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others".
Re: Crocodile Killed In Lagos (Photos) by nwoye72: 5:37pm On May 08, 2021
Why killing it. It would have taken to the zoo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Billions Of Snow Crabs Disappear From Waters In Alaska , USA ( Pics) / 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm / 70-Year-Old Malnourished Elephant Performing In Sri Lanka Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.