Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His (23617 Views)

Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! / RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Lied When He Said About 50% Americans Are Jews. / Does Satan Own The Kingdoms Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by SouthSouth1914: 9:21am On May 09, 2021
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by SouthSouth1914: 9:24am On May 09, 2021
Nephilim:
This is exactly what the Holy Spirit was explaining to me some days ago. Satan doesn't have any kingdom, the kingdom he operates on is the one that belongs to Adam which Adam ignorantly delivered to Him. Check Luke 4. This is the same kingdom he operates and rules on with his demonic forces, giving powers to the human subjects to live as they have, and all these ones have to pay with blood before they can get anything from him, that's no kingdom that's just a business transaction. They operate in the second heaven, that's where they were cast to, and in there is pandemonium and no orderliness. They operate in hell, hell is just a prison for fallen spirits and lost souls, how can you establish a kingdom inside prison. Yes he did just to copy God and rule over lesser spirits and torment souls of lost men.

Moreso he filled the kingdoms of men with darkness since he assumed rulership and that's were the word kingdom of darkness is coined from. Spiritually the world is engulfed with darkness, dark arts and operations of the demonic hordes. Only the true children of God shined as light.

Matthew 4:8- And the devil carried Jesus Christ to a high mountain and showed him the glories/beauties of the world and said he’d give the beauties of the workd to Jesus if he would bow down and worship him. What authority gave the devil to make this statement?

2 Likes

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Odunolumide(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2021
You conveniently left 1John5:19 and Ephesians 2:2
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by GENES11S: 9:26am On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:

JUST AS THE DEVIL DECEIVED EVE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, HE TRIED DECEIVING THE LORD JESUS, BUT HE FAILED. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR

IN SPITE OF THE BOLDED, MANY STILL BELIEVE SATAN SPOKE THE TRUTH WHEN HE CLAIMED HE OWNED THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD

The devil is a very crafty spirit. He is not much of a lier as you guys claimed. He is labeled a lier because he decieve people.

When he said if Eve eat the forbidden fruit her eyes will be opened and he will be like God knowing good and bad. That wasn't a lie because the same thing happened after she ate the fruit.
What the devil does was to decieve men by leaving out the important parts of a story. He only tell you the advantage and leave out the disadvantages.

NOW BACK TO THE MAIN TOPIC.

"The kingdom of this world belong to the devil".

What does this mean?: This mean the devil is the ruler of this world (this system of things). Even the Bible does not deny this..let's take a look at some Bible verse.

John 14:30:
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

DID YOU THINK THAT IF GOD RULE THIS WORLD, THERE WOULD BE SO MUCH DEATHS AND SUFFERING?: NO.

HOPE FOR CHILDREN OF GOD: The devil rule the world but the moment you give your life to Christ he no longer has any hold on you.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Satan cannot hurt a child of God, but they can be tempted. Satan needs God permission in order to harm any of his children (read the story of Job).

In summary, is devil a liar? Yes. Did he actually lie when he said he own the kingdoms of this world? NO.

With God help, it is easier to overcome the devil when you know he is a deciever. As for lieing, the devil rarely lies. And would decieve people without even lieing.

3 Likes

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Dallat65: 9:28am On May 09, 2021
This scripture is explanatory enough. 1John 5: 19 New International Version
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
Also, at Matthew 13: 19, Satan is also referred to as the wicked one.

4 Likes

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by elganzar(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2021
I think __when God made man He gave him dominion over the earth...

When man was deceived(sinned) and fell, the dominion was transferred to man's new master (Lord over sinners (Devil)

Hence Jesus came (as a man), died in place of man (wages of sin is death)_ and took over the authority from the Devil...

So as at then, I feel they were indeed his (devil)_ probably why Jesus didn't dispute it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by michlins(m): 9:30am On May 09, 2021
But Jesus no correct him. Na you want correct him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by icemania: 9:35am On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:
Daniel 2:37-41
[37]You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory;
[38] and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all—you are this head of gold.
[39]But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.
[40]And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.
[41]Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay.

DID YOU NOTICE FROM THE ABOVE VERSES THAT, GOD HAS GIVEN THE RULERSHIP OF THIS EARTH TO MAN? THE KINGDOMS OF THIS EARTH BELONG TO MAN.

THOSE WHO CLAIM SATAN RULES THE EARTH, SHOW US WHERE THAT AUTHORITY WAS GIVEN SATAN? THE DEVIL IS A LIAR

See Satan's lies below

Luke 4:5-8
[5]Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
[6]And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
[7]Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”
[8]And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

JUST AS THE DEVIL DECEIVED EVE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, HE TRIED DECEIVING THE LORD JESUS, BUT HE FAILED. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR

John 8:44

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

IN SPITE OF THE BOLDED, MANY STILL BELIEVE SATAN SPOKE THE TRUTH WHEN HE CLAIMED HE OWNED THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD

This verse disagrees with you.

New Living Translation
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by PoliteActivist: 9:35am On May 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The Spiritual controls the Physical!

In the beginning God created Adam and Eve, He blessed them {Genesis 1:28} and warned them to keep away from a certain tree in the garden of Eden. Genesis 2:17

If this couple continue with what God said they would have remained under God's blessings till today and living as youths. But Satan (a spirit) introduced the act of rebellion to them and they both concurred {Genesis 3:1-6} then God cursed the ground on their account {Genesis 3:17} ever since then another spirit began controlling them and their descendants (unknowingly) and guess who that is?
Well it's the same spirit that spoke through the serpent that's why God's word revealed later that the original serpent (the voice that spoke through the snake in the garden of Eden) is Satan the devil {Revelations 12:9} Jesus knew and confirmed that this is the PRINCE (ruler) of the world {John 14:30} that's why Jesus never refuted Satan's claim that the kingdoms of the world has been handed over to him (Satan) Luke 4:6
May you have PEACE! smiley

Questions:
1) why didn't God just not create the tree?
2) Did God know in advance they'd disobey Him?
3) If SPIRITUAL CONTROLS PHYSICAL! why is it that all the deeply spiritual countries are always defeated and ruled by physical countries? Gigantic India with all her spiritism was defeated and colonized by small Britain with physical guns. Same Nigeria with all her juju. How come scientific countries are always more successful than spiritist ones, etc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by GENES11S: 9:36am On May 09, 2021
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by bayelsaowei(m): 9:38am On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:
[37]You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory;
[38] and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all—you are this head of gold.
[39]But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.
[40]And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.
[41]Whereas you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; yet the strength of the iron shall be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with ceramic clay.

DID YOU NOTICE FROM THE ABOVE VERSES THAT, GOD HAS GIVEN THE RULERSHIP OF THIS EARTH TO MAN? THE KINGDOMS OF THIS EARTH BELONG TO MAN.

THOSE WHO CLAIM SATAN RULES THE EARTH, SHOW US WHERE THAT AUTHORITY WAS GIVEN SATAN? THE DEVIL IS A LIAR

See Satan's lies below

[5]Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
[6]And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
[8]And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

1 John 5:19
1 John 5:19, NIV: "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

1 John 5:19, ESV: "We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

1 John 5:19, KJV: "And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness."

1 John 5:19, NASB: "We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

1 John 5:19, NLT: "We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one

@OP the earlier you realize satan rules and controls the world the better for you..and may I help you understand that the world here does not signify the literal earth(land, air, water and the atmosphere)..the world here refers to wicked humans and its influence including its political, commercial and religious systems..

So satan does rule the world..

2 Likes

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by deolumike(m): 9:39am On May 09, 2021
he had it until Jesus Christ came to defeat him and took back the kingdom and authority. Jesus paid the price by his crucifixion, death and resurrection. And He said all Authority in Heaven and on earth have been given to me.

In one of Paul's epistle, it is written that Jesus having spoiled (disarmed, rendered powerless, plundered) principalities and powers, He made an open spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Give your life to Christ and the devil loses all dominion or authority over you.

2 Likes

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by babadee1(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2021
Everything that God gave to man, man has given to the devil, by choosing to obey the devil rather than God. Whatever you choose to obey you become a slave to (Rom. 6:16). That's why the Bible calls the devil "the god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4).
But in the end all the kingdoms of the world will be restored to the rightful man who is God's appointed heir Jesus Christ (Rev. 11:15).

So no, it wasn't a lie at all.

bingbagbo:

See Satan's lies below

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by DavidAO(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2021
Has anyone seen that Adam is Satan? That the man is the mental man, the carnal man and the one in enmity with God? The first Adam is mental and the last Adam is spiritual, two different nature. You either be for Adam of the beginning or for last Adam the Christ of God.

1 Like

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:46am On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:

Man is not Satan.

Satan being referred to as the prince of the world or the prince of this age doesn't make him the owner of the kingdoms of the world. The world here refers to people who are not the children of God.

Even your Bible tells you that satan told Jesus, now time and I will give you the whole world. Remember ?
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Nascimento(m): 9:46am On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:

See Satan's lies below

Satan did not lie. 2 corinth 4:4 and Eph 16:11 show that he's the ruler of the world. God allowed Satan to rule. Satan challenged God's sovereignty or right to rule man back in Eden because of his selfish desires. He's been given a chance to show that he has the right to rule. But we all know he's failed woefully. Never has mankind been plunged into senseless misery and brutality.
Satan knows he has a short period of time because his time is up. Shortly, he's be dashed to pieces.
And between, Satan is not man. He's a powerful spirit creature. He's ruthless and targets anyone who put faith in God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Nobody: 9:46am On May 09, 2021
i thought it become to man lol oh yh man is becoming the devil
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Adakintroy: 9:48am On May 09, 2021
All this will lead nowhere.
But read your Bible well. God gave man full authority. But man lost it to Satan.

This was why Christ came. To restore us to our righfull place. Even so a greater abode. When Christ was interogated he Christ explain clear that "my kingdom is not of this world". Or "i go to prepare a place for you, were I am, there you will be also. ..if it was not so, I would not have told you".

All this are pointer to one truth. The renounciation of the world Glory in favour of something greater. Notice also he said to the rich young master, sell all you have give to the poor and come follow me and you will have treasures in heaven.

We have a strong proclivity towards wordly gains. Hence many arguments to valify it.

Notice that when Satan made to the claim Christ never opposed him. Rather kept his eyes focus on his father whom he is savant to.

1 Like

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Xpol: 9:49am On May 09, 2021
Satan didn’t lie, Jesus whom the sentence was directed to knows better than you, so he would have countered his claims if the statement was not true. If you look around you, around the world you’ll surely know Satan truly rules.

XPOL IS HERE AGAIN
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by PoshTraveler: 9:50am On May 09, 2021
satan and god are all scam. non exist
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by PoshTraveler: 9:50am On May 09, 2021
Xpol:
Satan didn’t lie, Jesus whom the sentence was directed to knows better than you, so he would have countered his claims if the statement was not true. If you look around you, around the world you’ll surely know Satan truly rules
dont mind these idiots.
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by CodeTemplar: 9:52am On May 09, 2021
bingbagbo:

Kindly show us where in scriptures Adam gave the kingdoms to Satan...I am waiting
Learn to accept the same scripture you use to support your own belief.

1 Like

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by CodeTemplar: 9:54am On May 09, 2021
Adakintroy:
All this will lead nowhere.

Satan gives wealth so does God. The difference is one comes with peace, the other with great great worry.

You cannot say the satanic music of Wizkid or cadi b has not given them wealth.
Satan gives power to get unrighteous mammon and it comes with many sorrow.
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by princetom1(m): 9:56am On May 09, 2021
To slap this op dey hungry me. Awon werey extremist, trying to turn everything in another direction, despite clear evidences as written in the scriptures
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by OBALOLA55(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2021
petra1:

Yes he spoke the truth. God gave the earth to man and Adam delivered it to satan . . He is called the "god of this world " by Paul and the "prince of this world" by Jesus

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

John 14:30
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

HE WAS REFERRING TO PROPHET MUHAMMAD
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by BrainSanitizer: 10:01am On May 09, 2021
There's no such creature as "Satan".
The spirit of good and even both dwell in man.
Man is the centre of God's creation just like the tree placed at the centre of the garden of Eden held the knowledge of good and evil.
The tree held life and death.
So does man.
Give a man a knife and he'll use it to chop vegetables and prepare you a nice meal.
Give a man a knife and he'll use it to stab his neighbour in the chest so that he can take over his wife.
Was it the knife? Or the man?
Have you ever had the power to do something and you know that you can do that thing?
Did you allow this knowledge intoxicate you to the point of abusing your power?
Learn from the story of the temptations of Jesus where he rebuked the demands of his flesh (Satan) and allowed the holy Spirit to operate in him.
Some people beat their chest and say "yes! Now I've arrived! Who dares me gets it hotter than fire! I am now very rich and powerful!"
This is self worship due to the knowledge of possessions. Jesus rebuked it strongly and so should we.
If you understand the foregoing, you should get an understanding of the other two temptations of Jesus as it relates to the battle between Satan (the flesh) and God (the holy spirit).
You have heard the saying "an idle mind is the devil's workshop".
You know, as well as I do that the devil can not possibly enter someone's mind and get to use his tools to work of it were a creature.
It's all in our thought.
Bottom line...
Beware of the angels you see at day...
For at night, those same angels can become demons equipped to destroy.
For light and darkness dwell in man.
May the spirit of light always prevail over darkness as we trust in the unfailing grace of God through Jesus Christ.
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by gratiaeo(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2021
A mortal man claiming that satan (a spiritual being) lied.
Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by tunary(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2021
Everything is created by God and he alone owns it all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Noblefreeman(m): 10:07am On May 09, 2021
How did he lie?
Or are you saying Jesus was decided?
Let me help you out, when Satan said the kingdom of the world were his, he didn't mean the literal world like the seas and mountains or even lands.No, he meant it figuratively.
How do I mean?.
The government, commercial institution, and religious organization are hes and thus do his bidding.
Let me throw some light on this, let's use commercial system for example.
If today I say I'm a queer,won't I succeed massively, now who is the person championing queer ideologies, is that not Satan.
Let's say I want to be a politician, will I make it if I am not corrupt, who is the chief corrupt person, is it not Satan.
That's the point, Satan runs the show, he's in charge. So yes he controls the world.
1john5:19 says it all, that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

Jehovah God owns the world in a literal sense, but Satan controls it, but just for a short time.
Visit jw.org for more info

1 Like

Re: Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His by Upton: 10:13am On May 09, 2021
Ephesians 2:2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / I Dreamt I Saw My Sef In Old Secondary School..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.