Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai (63813 Views)

"Flying From Cotonou To London Costs N374k": Lady Says Flight From Lagos To UK. / Travelling From Cotonou To Lagos. / Tier 2 Dependant. My Sojourn To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by hiyagroundz: 7:39pm On May 14, 2021
Oga when you dey continue the narrative nah, after you don raise our interest in seeing how you succeeded?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by MilesLamar(m): 7:54pm On May 14, 2021
hiyagroundz:
Oga when you dey continue the narrative nah, after you don raise our interest in seeing how you succeeded?

Them don put fear for op body

2 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Vickym1(f): 7:54pm On May 14, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
uae is another different story .. keep ur success story to urself maybe the first day I touch down in Europe u still in primary school... don't brag to someone who has spent half of his youthful age going from country to country all alone without women or imaginary saviour... if u like live in Mongolia I no dey see u
Uncle easy on him na grin
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:56pm On May 14, 2021
What desperation can cause. The only thing you should be desperate for in this life is Jesus Chrsit.

4 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Explorers(m): 8:00pm On May 14, 2021
1beat:

What I think is that he should have take his time to try country like Finland applying to school with 70% schoolaship.
But don't look back guy your case will be different. You don move you don move be that you just have to man up ... Best of luck

God bless you for your Good Spirit bro.

I pray God favour him.

12 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by tellwisdom: 8:01pm On May 14, 2021
It’s better for intending travelers to Dubai to wait for the ban to be lifted than traveling from Cotonou. Which kind yeye desperation be this??

This experience of his is already making me sick. Wetin I de find wey I go de disturb my soul just because I wan comot go another country? Nna eh! Make I stop reading before dem admit me angry

12 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:02pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
Good day everyone, I will be using this thread to carefully narrate my 30 days sojourn from Cotonou to the city of Dubai to enable those that are yet to make the trip or are already on their way to learn a lot from my terrible experience and the breakthrough of overcoming all odds to finally travel into Dubai.

During my write-up my audience will know all the secrets surrounding the journey and the way agents frustrated alot of Nigerians who travelled through same road. It is a true life experience filled with tears, frustrations and a bit of happiness sandwiched in between. Let me not bore you with long talks just relax as I take you on a journey I kicked off from Benin city, Nigeria on the 12th of April 2021 that culminated into a 30 days trip.

P.s: kindly note that during the course of my experience in Cotonou there are some discussion I won't be able to dwell much on due to violating any of the nairaland rules, and also mind some of the typographical errors and just decode the message am giving out.

Oga this your story is a real case of Penny wise pound foolish

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by teachernnaa: 8:09pm On May 14, 2021
Men I almost take same route, but decided to stay back, raise more money and fly to Ghana, then move from there..,u really suffered brother but God will wipe out tears...

4 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by kellyzaf(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
After the struggles and hustles in Nigeria and the way the economic situation is deteriorating in the country I decided to find a way to hustle myself out of the country to seek greener pastures. I have tried processing some Schengen countries visa which yielded nothing I decided to apply for a 90 days tourist visa to Dubai.
During the process of making enquiries for the application of the visa, I was getting exhorbitant rate from agents who wanted to help in processing the visa, what surprised me most to my jaw was when an agent In Dubai told me to pay 600,000naira for a three month visa. So I decided to go online to source for agents who will do the job for me with a reasonable fee. After about three days searching the internet, I finally came across a guy from Uganda who did the three months visa for a fee not up to 150k, infact I was amazed when he told me the amount that I should transfer to him because I have never heard of such amount before, so I thought maybe this was another scammer in disguise. But after much deliberation I decided to give it a try by risking it and behold after a space of three days the visa came out with the insurance. After doing my due diligence and verifying the visa online by confirming the geniunity of the visa, I discovered that the visa was a confirmed 90 days visa. Infact I was really amazed that if someone from Uganda that I haven't met physically can do a visa for me at such amount there are still sincere people in Africa unlike some of our brothers that were calling exhorbitant fees just for a three month Dubai visa.

To be continued

Plz guy can u give me the contact of the guy that got u the Dubai visa. I m intereted, thanks

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 8:36pm On May 14, 2021
I have read lot of comments here on this thread and I have some points to make;
I know UAE is not a easy country, but am assured of the fact that I can't suffer in this country irrespective of the challenges I face. I have been around for about four days and am learning the system gradually.
UAE is a system that you follow just the way a child goes through kindergarten and move to the University and graduate. If you follow the system you will enjoy the country, but if you feel there is dirhams on the street of Dubai for you to pick you will go home depressed and dejected.
Am a very focused person with vision and determination and I know what am aiming for.
I came to UAE to follow the system and make a name , it might not be easy now but in a couple of years there will be testimony to make. I will be registering for CNA in a couple of weeks to start the process alongside the job that I will be starting in a week time.

As for those saying I can't make it here in Dubai, let me remind you one thing that you are not my God, only him knows my yesterday, today and tomorrow. What you believe is what happens to you, since I was born I don't believe in the word called failure, my only word is success. No matter how many times you fall be rest assured that you will definitely stand up. Dubai is not my final point , it is just a step to my final destination.

As for the dude saying am a scam and there is no way visa can be processed for 150k, I pity you try and get informed and always research widely. I will advice you to visit travnook.com and see for yourself that a UAE visa is 125k to process. The owner of the site is an Ugandan not a Nigerian. And I can tell you that the problem with Nigeria is not the leaders but Nigerians because we don't trust ourselves again because everybody that post on nairaland is seen as a scam .
If an Ugandan man can process a visa with less that 150k, my friends in Nigeria and Dubai were charging me 250-450 for a visa.

Finally I will be closing the thread because the aim of the thread has been fulfilled. Those that need to learn from my experience at Cotonou should learn from it, that is the reason for the thread. Thanks again, good night and God bless.

112 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by coolhumble(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2021
Bro, beware of those bustards. I just did for my younger brother who will be traveling to Dubai through cotonue by next week and it's not even up to 250k. OP your thread really helped me and I surely gained a lot. May that land favour you greatly.

SirDickOdogwu:
Please bro can get the Uganda Agent contact as the agents here in Nigeria are now charging me over 800k for dubai visa I don't have such funds now Please I will appreciate it

14 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by aidameoryou: 8:44pm On May 14, 2021
crackhaus:
Desperation is what leads people like the OP into falling victim to these dubious agents.

Once you have plans to travel, take your time and don't be in a rush. Almost everything that an agent claims he/she will help you do, you can actually do them yourself.

exactly, you can do it yourself almost 100%
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 14, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
see scam format. u want people to pay u 150k for visa
you’re such a mo-Ron
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by NiklauseFred(m): 9:00pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
I know UAE is not a easy country, but am assured of the fact that I can't suffer in this country irrespective of the challenges I face. I have been around for about four days and am learning the system gradually.
UAE is a system that you follow just the way a child goes through kindergarten and move to the University and graduate. If you follow the system you will enjoy the country, but if you feel there is dirhams on the street of Dubai for you to pick you will go home depressed and dejected.
Am a very focused person with vision and determination and I know what am aiming for.
I came to UAE to follow the system and make a name , it might not be easy now but in a couple of years there will be testimony to make. I will be registering for CNA in a couple of weeks to start the process alongside the job that I will be starting in a week time.

As for those saying I can't make it here in Dubai, let me remind you one thing that you are not my God, only him knows my yesterday, today and tomorrow. What you believe is what happens to you, since I was born I don't believe in the word called failure, my only word is success. No matter how many times you fall be rest assured that you will definitely stand up. Dubai is not my final point , it is just a step to my final destination.

As for the dude saying am a scam and there is no way visa can be processed for 150k, I pity you try and get informed and always research widely. I will advice you to visit travnook.com and see for yourself that a UAE visa is 125k to process. The owner of the site is an Ugandan not a Nigerian. And I can tell you that the problem with Nigeria is not the leaders but Nigerians because we don't trust ourselves again because everybody that post on nairaland is seen as a scam .
If an Ugandan man can process a visa with less that 150k, my friends in Nigeria and Dubai were charging me 250-450 for a visa.

Finally I will be closing the thread because the aim of the thread has been fulfilled. Those that need to learn from my experience at Cotonou should learn from it, that is the reason for the thread. Thanks again, good night and God bless.

Bro pls I beg keep updating this thread lets see how it goes,I have been learning alot from ur posts and I really appreciate you.
Closing it cus of some comments from some deranged and depressed people here wouldn't be a good idea.
Pls I beg you continue the thread.
I really appreciate you bro.

13 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by molbic(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
Sorry everyone that I have not been able to update the thread for a while now . I fell seriously ill after about a day I arrived Dubai. But am recuperating now, I believe it was due to the stress I passed through my 30 days on Cotonou.
My trip to Dubai from Cotonou airport was very smooth unlike if it was at the Nigeria airport where officials suck one dry. I never spent a single money at the airport as far as your documents are complete. The only people who had issues at the Cotonou airport where those who normally boarded the Turkish Airlines through fraudulent agents who issue them runz flight ticket and those that previously had the fake Idi roko stamp on their passport and rectify it by stamping the original one. If you are in this set I mentioned you will need somebody at the airport to board you to avoid issues of missing your flight.
We arrived Dubai without issues on Tuesday morning and I must say our passport was not even checked to confirm the 14 days Benin stamp on our passport. They were just checking us in as if we were about connecting to another flight, infact I myself was very surprised. Immediately we were stamped in we proceeded to carry out another covid 19 test at the airport which didn't take up to three minutes and later proceeded to pick our luggage. I believe the reason the Dubai officials were very lenient with us that day might be due to the fact that they were almost rounding up their fast.
So for those still coming to Dubai through the Cotonou route make sure you do the right thing to avoid issues that will result to you spending more money by learning from the mistakes I made.
AM SURE THE YOUTUBE GUY YOU TALKED ABOUT IS MAZI OJOTO, MY BROTHER NEARLY QUITE HIS BRAND NEW JOB THAT COME WITH ONE YEAR RENT FREE HOUSE AT NIGERIAN BREWERY TO MAKE THAT JOURNEY AT THAT SAME TIME BUT I TALKED SENSES INTO HIM

6 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2021
Lol...you street smart
molbic:

AM SURE THE YOUTUBE GUY YOU TALKED ABOUT IS MAZI OJOTO, MY BROTHER NEARLY QUITE HIS BRAND NEW JOB THAT COME WITH ONE YEAR RENT FREE HOUSE AT NIGERIAN BREWERY TO MAKE THAT JOURNEY AT THAT SAME TIME BUT I TALKED SENSES INTO HIM

5 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
After the struggles and hustles in Nigeria and the way the economic situation is deteriorating in the country I decided to find a way to hustle myself out of the country to seek greener pastures. I have tried processing some Schengen countries visa which yielded nothing I decided to apply for a 90 days tourist visa to Dubai.
During the process of making enquiries for the application of the visa, I was getting exhorbitant rate from agents who wanted to help in processing the visa, what surprised me most to my jaw was when an agent In Dubai told me to pay 600,000naira for a three month visa. So I decided to go online to source for agents who will do the job for me with a reasonable fee. After about three days searching the internet, I finally came across a guy from Uganda who did the three months visa for a fee not up to 150k, infact I was amazed when he told me the amount that I should transfer to him because I have never heard of such amount before, so I thought maybe this was another scammer in disguise. But after much deliberation I decided to give it a try by risking it and behold after a space of three days the visa came out with the insurance. After doing my due diligence and verifying the visa online by confirming the geniunity of the visa, I discovered that the visa was a confirmed 90 days visa. Infact I was really amazed that if someone from Uganda that I haven't met physically can do a visa for me at such amount there are still sincere people in Africa unlike some of our brothers that were calling exhorbitant fees just for a three month Dubai visa.

To be continued
you lucky never meet Nigerians flr help na die u dey
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by etiosa97(m): 9:13pm On May 14, 2021
Untill better hand touch you. Uae is a tourist country. Spend money and leave. Ur certificate will get u nothing epa. U for just patient try europe or Canada. I'm from benin like u and I understand the struggle but i nr wan rush comot. I wan plan and stack before i make my move. Plus I've been to Dubai countless times
Derende:

2 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
Bastard im in uae that is the fee but bastards like u will call it scam

2 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2021
Thank you. I appreciate your words of advice
etiosa97:
Untill better hand touch you. Uae is a tourist country. Spend money and leave. Ur certificate will get u nothing epa. U for just patient try europe or Canada. I'm from benin like u and I understand the struggle but i nr wan rush comot. I wan plan and stack before i make my move. Plus I've been to Dubai countless times

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2021
EndNigeriaNoow:
B..astard im in uae that is the fee but ba..stards like u will call it scam
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:16pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
Please am not a visa agent neither am I asking anybody to contact me for a visa package. Every info am giving out here on this thread am giving out for free.
Am doing this just to help innocent people about venturing through the Cotonou route to learn from my story and avoid making the mistake I made. It is a pity that the country has been so adulterated that before one start a thread on nairaland you are been tag a scammer.
ignore him
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by seunlayi(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:

Very soon, your are coming back here to share your testimony. God will make a way for you where others think there is no way, based on your focus and determination, your cup of blessing will soon start running over and you will be a channel of blessing to others as your thread is already benefiting many interested travelers - Amen

37 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by makemoneywbsite: 9:31pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:

God bless you my Brother. My prayers are with you. You will certainly make it in Jesus name. Never take to heart what you read in Nairaland. Nigerians, nay Africans are mostly evil minded. Your tenacity is an indication that God will bless your hustle.

11 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2021
Thanks alot
Ernesthugo:
ignore him
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2021
I thank you alot for the prayers and words of encouragement. Your words has really inspired me and I have a word for those that don't believe in God ways of doing things that never call a man a failure until you see his end.
seunlayi:

Very soon, your are coming back here to share your testimony. God will make a way for you where others think there is no way, based on your focus and determination, your cup of blessing will soon start running over and you will be a channel of blessing to others as your thread is already benefiting many interested travelers - Amen

11 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Dailymice: 9:44pm On May 14, 2021
Derende, You're a determined dude and am glad you're rubishing those guys trying to frustrate you. You don't have the same destiny with them. I pray you succeed in the UAE.

8 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ororocelemi(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
I thank you alot for the prayers and words of encouragement. Your words has really inspired me and I have a word for those that don't believe in God ways of doing things that never call a man a failure until you see his end.
Pls continue to update us especially when you get your first job and how the pay is �

6 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by BornToSucced(m): 9:49pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:

God will bless you in that Dubai. I am so angry with the negative comments on this thread.

People assume that because things didn’t work out for them, then it can’t work out for others. Life and success is about taking calculated risk.

I know a lot of Nigerians that are working in DFC, and other great organizations in Dubai.

Op, I like your mindset.

This same thing happened to me in 2014 when I finished my NYSC and was planning of relocating to Lagos for greener pastures. My friends discouraged me with all manner of stories.

Within me I knew what I wanted and I knew it won’t come easy. I did smaller jobs just to gain experience. The first job I got as an Office Manager, I sometimes cleaned the office and bought food for the CEO. It was a very small office.

Guess what, it was that experience that opened the door for the multinational company I am working now.

God still rules in the affairs of men. Just seek his presence and he will guide every steps you take.

Today the same friends that discouraged me from coming to Lagos are still stuck in unemployment, some are now planning to relocate to Lagos.

Op, you must succeed in Dubai. Just do the right thing, pray to God to show you favour, and desist from crime. Most especially, please avoid negative people, especially some bad Nigerians in Dubai.

Cheers!!!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:49pm On May 14, 2021
Sheyisky84:
I can help you with the visa this is my WhatsApp number +971503834182
Mention your amount i am also in dubai if u scam anyone i go find you give you better beatings

10 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2021
Amen. My only trust is in God and he has been guiding me for the past four days now. There are successful Nigerians here who have made names for themselves and I will be among those Nigerians in no distant time and my only vow to God is to keep helping Nigerians to keep knowing the truth about the Dubai visa that has made alot of people spend over 400k for just visa.
Our people need to be informed
Dailymice:
Derende, You're a determined dude and am glad you're rubishing those guys trying to frustrate you. You don't have the same destiny with them. I pray you succeed in the UAE.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.