Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai (63816 Views)

"Flying From Cotonou To London Costs N374k": Lady Says Flight From Lagos To UK. / Travelling From Cotonou To Lagos. / Tier 2 Dependant. My Sojourn To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by 1manuel(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
I thank you alot for the prayers and words of encouragement. Your words has really inspired me and I have a word for those that don't believe in God ways of doing things that never call a man a failure until you see his end.

After reading those comments

To travel out just comot from my mind

I'm planning on going to Ireland via work permit visa, i never get the money complete, but I'm hoping on GOD

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 9:55pm On May 14, 2021
Thanks so much for the advice. I will always represent Nigeria dutifully
BornToSucced:

God will bless you in that Dubai. I am so angry with the negative comments on this thread.

People assume that because things didn’t work out for them, then it can’t work out for others. Life and success is about taking calculated risk.

I know a lot of Nigerians that are working in DFC, and other great organizations.

Op, I like your mindset.

This same thing happened to me in 2014 when I finished my NYSC and was planning relocating to Lagos for greener pastures. My friends discouraged me with all manner of stories.

Within me I knew what I wanted and I knew it won’t come easy. I did smaller jobs just to gain experience. The first job I got as an Office Manager, I sometimes clean the office and bought food for the CEO. It was a very small office.

Guess what, it was that experience that open the door for the multinational company I am working now.

God still rules in the affairs of men. Just seek his presence and he will guide every steps you take.

Today the same friends that discouraged me from coming to Lagos are still stuck in unemployment, some are now planning to relocate to Lagos.

Op, you must succeed in Dubai. Just do the right thing, pray to God to show you favour, and desist from crime. Most especially, please avoid negative people, especially some bad Nigerians in Dubai.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by zolajpower: 9:58pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
Good day all,
I will be updating this thread much later due to the fact that I will be airborne in a couple of hours from now.

For a quick tips for those coming to Cotonou, this one is for you;

Have a valid yellow fever vaccination card with you to avoid problems with the immigration officials at the Cotonou airport. ( It is not a flying requirements, but an entering requirement into Cotonou, so that you dont miss your flight by those strict Benin officials at the airport)

Please and please again don't try coming into Cotonou through Idiroko border, follow through Seme border through badagry to avoid story that bleeds the heart

For those coming through an agent, endeavour to make sure you see your confirmed flight ticket before doing a covid test ( E get why)

When leaving your hotel to the airport make sure you collect receipt covering your 15 days stay from the hotel reception in case you are asked at the airport.

And please use your head
What if you didn't stay in a hotel ? Like you have a friend in seme and or you are just coming from badagary?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by mamatwiny(f): 10:02pm On May 14, 2021
tonididdy:
I don't think I can spend almost a million naira just to go to Dubai. It's not worth it.

This trip cost about 380 to 400k (visa and flight inclusive) b4 the pandemic.

I just advice people not to apply for visa now and wait for naija airports. All this stress.... Naaaa

Wait for naija airport? When ugm are everywhere. Are you not afraid?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by tonididdy(m): 10:04pm On May 14, 2021
mamatwiny:

Wait for naija airport? When ugm are everywhere. Are you not afraid?
Well so far, so good
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 10:06pm On May 14, 2021
The hotel receipt aspect is because of we that had issues then with the wrong stamping at the Idiroko border post, because when the Benin immigration official at the airport or the airline you are boarding their flight sees that particular stamp you are in for a long thing except you part with money

But for those that have the right stamp at the seme border you got no problem with hotel receipt. And secondly it is a matter of grace you might be ask to prove if you really went through the mandatory 14 days isolation by presenting a hotel receipt to back it up, you might also not be asked.
The main problem is at the Cotonou airport not when you get to Dubai.
zolajpower:

What if you didn't stay in a hotel ? Like you have a friend in seme and or you are just coming from badagary?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by BornToSucced(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
Thanks so much for the advice. I will always represent Nigeria dutifully

All the best man. There would be time you would feel like giving up, there would be time you would look back and feel like you made a big mistake. In such moments, just cheer yourself and keep your head up.

Just be humble and stay focus. Anything is possible

6 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2021
I will always remember this words
BornToSucced:

All the best man. There would be time you would feel like giving up, there would be time you would look back and feel like you made a big mistake. In such moments, just cheer yourself and keep your head up.

Just be humble and stay focus. Anything is possible

4 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Bibby25(m): 10:22pm On May 14, 2021
SirDickOdogwu:
Please bro can get the Uganda Agent contact as the agents here in Nigeria are now charging me over 800k for dubai visa I don't have such funds now Please I will appreciate it
I hope he get you the Uganda contact, if not I have someone who can help you with Dubai visa. Get intouch if you are interested, abeg I no be scammer o...
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by ibinaboonline: 10:29pm On May 14, 2021
Why, why, why is Nigeria like this? Eh? Why do we treat each other this way? A Ugandan in far away Uganda dealt honestly with a client in far away Nigeria but Nigerians will steal and rob their own brothers and strangers too. They do you in at home and abroad, in Nigeria all the way to Cotonou. I weep for this country.
Derende:
On Friday the 12th of March, the agent called me that I will be proceeding to Cotonou on Monday the 15th of March been the fact that my flight has been confirmed for Wednesday that week. So I asked him to send me the flight ticket to enable me print the flight ticket before travelling that Monday. But he told me that I will pick up the flight ticket immediately I get to Cotonou with my international passport I sent to him earlier. So on Monday the 12th of MArch I left Benin city for Lagos as early as 5:30am in the morning. I arrived Lagos around 12:15pm at berger and immediately took a bus going to Sango at the Toll gate for 500 NGN. When I got to the toll gate, I took a bike from there to Idiroko park from where I boarded a taxi to Idiroko( border between Nigerian and Benin Republic) for 1000 NGN. Throughout the journey I was in constant communication with the agent. I finally arrived idiroko around 4:30pm same day, after crossing the border I called my agent to notify him that I have arrived Republic of Benin only for him to tell me that I should wait for the driver that will pick me up from there to Cotonou. He gave me a Nigerian lady contact who he was sending to me to aid in the process of boarding to Dubai.
I finally got in touch with the said lady after about three hours of waiting at the Benin Border after which the lady asked me to take a taxi from the border to cotonou which was about an hour and twenty minutes journey. I arrived cotonou around 11:15pm that night and was received by the said lady who took me to a hotel where I will be staying for the two days before flying. Immediately we got to the hotel I called the agent for my passport and the flight ticket and he told me to ask the lady to give them to me. I asked the lady only to be given my international passport without a flight ticket, when I tried enquiring from her for the ticket, she told me that the ticket is not ready that I will get it tomorrow morning when going for my covid test, at this point I was already tense and was already sensing a game of conspiracy

5 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Born2winnx: 10:35pm On May 14, 2021
Derende:
The hotel receipt aspect is because of we that had issues then with the wrong stamping at the Idiroko border post, because when the Benin immigration official at the airport or the airline you are boarding their flight sees that particular stamp you are in for a long thing except you part with money

But for those that have the right stamp at the seme border you got no problem with hotel receipt. And secondly it is a matter of grace you might be ask to prove if you really went through the mandatory 14 days isolation by presenting a hotel receipt to back it up, you might also not be asked.
The main problem is at the Cotonou airport not when you get to Dubai.

You make it sound as if no pressure at dubai airport..
No checking
No searching

So drugs like cocaine can be easily moved there?

2 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by ghettochild(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2021
SirDickOdogwu:
Please bro can get the Uganda Agent contact as the agents here in Nigeria are now charging me over 800k for dubai visa I don't have such funds now Please I will appreciate it
Here in SA i will help u do it for 250000naira no hassle
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by ibinaboonline: 10:44pm On May 14, 2021
Your type will succeed wherever you go. Very industrious guy. I wish you well.

3 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by KingBosco(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2021
Space booked
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by sunnyg12(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2021
AndikanEssien:

Not at all bro. I pity d guy. When him jam correct suffer for Dubai him go know se Cotonou was a child's play

The guy go succeed.

7 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by dochenaj: 10:58pm On May 14, 2021
I don't see why someone would need an agent.

Take your time study the process, and do it for yourself.

Most agents don't really do anything special for your travel process.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by sunnyg12(m): 11:07pm On May 14, 2021
1manuel:

After reading those comments

To travel out just comot from my mind

I'm planning on going to Ireland via work permit visa, i never get the money complete, but I'm hoping on GOD

Boss Ireland dey give work permit visa? If really, I dey interested

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Cof1ex(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2021
If you fail in something, learn to share your mistakes so that others can learn.
In so doing, maybe we can collectively make the world a better place.
My brother, I am so grateful for this thread, though I have no plan traveling out, but because you don't want any of your brother to make same mistakes.
For those discouraging him, why don't you give him hint that will guide him from making same mistake you have made. Or do you enjoy seeing others fail just as you did.
"To fall" is inevitable, so my brother, harden your heart, soul, mind, and body...
#provethemwrong

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by dochenaj: 11:22pm On May 14, 2021
Single entry 90 days tourist visa is $190 and the multiple entry 90 days tourist visa is $460.

Using a dollar rate of #450/$1, the amount for the former is #85500 and for the latter #207,000.

So I bet the OP visa is single entry and the agent earned about 60k for his services.

@Derende I believe you. And all those casting aspersion to your story might just be the greedy Nigerian agents that are looking to profit from ignorance of Nigerians.

I wish you luck in your Dubai endeavours. I must confess when I read your title I thought you travelled from Cotonou to Dubai by road. grin grin

23 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by CryptoRepublic1: 11:42pm On May 14, 2021
Born2winnx:

You make it sound as if no pressure at dubai airport..
No checking
No searching

So drugs like cocaine can be easily moved there?

Scanning machine does all that.if you have nothing to hide then it's a hassle free thing.

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by chebus: 11:46pm On May 14, 2021
What kind of suffering did poster pass through just to enter Dubai.. I hail you poster
Even for dash, I wont want to pass through that to get to Dubai. I do visit the US,
Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway and others....
I have never gotten close to the hell this bro passed through.

Please before you travel, inquire well and learn right. Congrats to poster but abeg no
suffer like this again. You wasted a lot of money and time just to enter common
Dubai.

5 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Derende(m): 11:53pm On May 14, 2021
Thanks alot for the advice. I have learnt my mistake and I expect lot of people to learn from it even if you are in a similar situation as mine tomorrow. Always learn to research and do your stuff yourself.
chebus:
What kind of suffering did poster pass through just to enter Dubai.. I hail you poster
Even for dash, I wont want to pass through that to get to Dubai. I do visit the US,
Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway and others....
I have never gotten close to the hell this bro passed through.

Please before you travel, inquire well and learn right. Congrats to poster but abeg no
suffer like this again. You wasted a lot of money and time just to enter common
Dubai.

2 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by harisclub: 11:54pm On May 14, 2021
Thanks man you have done your part to update us. May God support your husle over there

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by SirDickOdogwu(m): 12:21am On May 15, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
I guess after 3 months, you will start working on extending your stay.

Just curious, how much did you spend on this journey? Some people could have used such amount to set themselves up well in Nigeria.
/
there is nothing to set up here even with a million naira, prove me wrong with the whole inflation rate soaring higher everyday

3 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by lebete3000: 12:23am On May 15, 2021
Derende:
Good day all,
I will be updating this thread much later due to the fact that I will be airborne in a couple of hours from now.

Have a valid yellow fever vaccination card with you to avoid problems with the immigration officials at the Cotonou airport. ( It is not a flying requirements, but an entering requirement into Cotonou, so that you dont miss your flight by those strict Benin officials at the airport)

Please and please again don't try coming into Cotonou through Idiroko border, follow through Seme border through badagry to avoid story that bleeds the heart

For those coming through an agent, endeavour to make sure you see your confirmed flight ticket before doing a covid test ( E get why)

When leaving your hotel to the airport make sure you collect receipt covering your 15 days stay from the hotel reception in case you are asked at the airport.

And please use your head

I have a few questions please.

1. Why is the Idiroko border still operating like a legal route when it is insinuated to be illegal here?

2. What is the essence of one's hotel stay in relation to traveling to traveling through the cotonou route? Are you inferring one must stay in Cotonou for some days to qualify to travel through their route?

3. Can you expatiate more on the use your head aspect?

To add some comments as well, most Niherians always believe in being sharp and following the cheap way. The cheap way only lands you into more and more trouble from my experience so far, and you'll likely end spending double what you should have going through the right way.

Unfortunately most Nigerian already have their psyche bastardized, preferring shortcuts. Tell them otherwise and you're labelled a fool, and when you succeed after your much painstaking efforts, them go still beef you.

Terrible people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by oluwaecan(m): 2:03am On May 15, 2021
Derende:
Good day all,

And please use your head

God bless and keep you, cause his face to shine on you. You shall succeed and see the light because you should many the light. Nothing can stop your blessings and growth, next month your testimony will make us give thanks here

3 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by lebete3000: 2:06am On May 15, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Your nightmare has not started yet, see the odds u will face kn uae as new comer
1 uae harsh weather
2 uncomfortable bed Space full of bed bugs
3 hungry looking agents crawling around u just to reap u off because of work
4 sleepless night when your visa is about to enter cariwale (overstay)
5 you will regret coming to uae on ur first 3 months

If you overcome any of these... welcome to uae if u are not just enjoying the good roads and light as Johnny just come... wait for ur worst nightmare .. any way hit me up lemme help settle u down , we are the Emiratos ... I love helping Nigerians because I have been in that road 8 yrs ago

How are we sure you're different from the hungry looking agents you mentioned above crawling around

2 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by 1manuel(m): 2:10am On May 15, 2021
sunnyg12:

Boss Ireland dey give work permit visa? If really, I dey interested

I think so

The guy wey dey there dey say make i go through schooling, but that one expensive die
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:27am On May 15, 2021
lebete3000:

How are we sure you're different from the hungry looking agents you mentioned above crawling around
I'm just telling him what he will face moreover I'm no longer living in uae neither am I not rich enough to feed ur enter generation until they all die
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by DSDLIVEREPORT: 3:04am On May 15, 2021
Bros do you know I actually thought you trekked or biked to Dubai via Cotonou?. Any way I like your determination even as you could avoid the wahala

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by domwas2(m): 4:00am On May 15, 2021
This thread educate me...

Op I wish you good luck in everything you do, it doesn't matter what you went through but what you believes in and stand behind with the assurance of success, you draw to yourself the creative power of the universe...that's the spirit.

My dad is from Benin Republic while my mom is from Nigeria. I was born and brought up here in nigeria. No advantage as a Nigerian but bragging as the giant of Africa or population blablabla most of my siblings are out of Africa through Benin Rep.

Imagine, we don't love ourselves as NIGERIANS. Everything is about greed, selfishness, corruption begot same in leadership.........

Reading through comments, I feel the heat of how bad we are as Nigerians

If you have been in Dubai before, and you can not see only one good thing about it or ideas you can share with the young man to make his stay more ease only to come here bragging then you are useless and coward.
Shameful Bleep

I just start processing my Benin passport the moment is done, I am hiding my Nigeria passport for good.

12 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Bruno85: 5:20am On May 15, 2021
SirDickOdogwu:

Send me email on tooblack85@gmail.com I may assist you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas? / African Lady Who Lost In The Middle Of Desert In UAE (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.