Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai (63802 Views)

"Flying From Cotonou To London Costs N374k": Lady Says Flight From Lagos To UK. / Travelling From Cotonou To Lagos. / Tier 2 Dependant. My Sojourn To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by 1manuel(m): 3:21pm On May 16, 2021
Ernesthugo:
thats the highest you can get to enter first

Then what else?

You extend your stay?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by nairamaniac: 4:14pm On May 16, 2021
billyG:

For now UGM are after d vampires & their supporters

Hahahahahaha

No be lie.

Enjoy your farming o'jare
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by molbic(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2021
carternkem:

Hello Bro,
How reliable is MAZI OJOTO for Visa Processing I have been watching his YouTube videos for sometime now.

Thanks
the guy is legit and kind-hearted ,why I no allow my brother go na because him no get sufficient money after visa and ticket money, at least he should get like 1000 or 1500 dollars pocket money make him no dey stranded Plus the job wey e just get na new job
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Sojiade1111: 6:48pm On May 16, 2021
Derende:
Finally I arrived Dubai this morning, and everything went smoothly without any hitches or hassles.

I will be updating much later
please that is my WhatsApp number 09053327234 I will like to be relating with you sir, because am interested in that move. Thanks
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:38pm On May 16, 2021
SEE MR OGA SIR GO AND ASK DEVIL THAT QUESTION

1manuel:

Then what else?

You extend your stay?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:40pm On May 16, 2021
They do YES

PREVIOUS POST
SAID

IRELAND WORK PERMIT VISA

BEFORE YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

FOLLOW THE THREAD

CryptoRepublic1:

They do give work permit but for professionals bro.

Have you been to Ireland?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2021
First sir

Na auto correct edit am

ELKHALIFAISIS:
we get Al QUASIS and Al quoz which of them
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2021
My company is doing all so not my headache

ELKHALIFAISIS:
anyway u can proceed for ur vacation but coming back is what I can't guarantee unless u are ready to spend 500k on flight and others
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by 1manuel(m): 9:53pm On May 16, 2021
Ernesthugo:
SEE MR OGA SIR GO AND ASK DEVIL THAT QUESTION

Oga calm down.... I just want to know so i can change my plan
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:22pm On May 16, 2021
Ernesthugo:
My company is doing all so not my headache

which kind company go spend that much on their worker
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by CryptoRepublic1: 10:52pm On May 16, 2021
Ernesthugo:
They do YES

PREVIOUS POST
SAID

IRELAND WORK PERMIT VISA

BEFORE YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

FOLLOW THE THREAD

Haha,I'm actually Irish myself.

3 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by AlphaSoul: 4:02am On May 17, 2021
Derende:
Good day everyone, I will be using this thread to carefully narrate my 30 days sojourn from Cotonou to the city of Dubai to enable those that are yet to make the trip or are already on their way to learn a lot from my terrible experience and the breakthrough of overcoming all odds to finally travel into Dubai.

During my write-up my audience will know all the secrets surrounding the journey and the way agents frustrated alot of Nigerians who travelled through same road. It is a true life experience filled with tears, frustrations and a bit of happiness sandwiched in between. Let me not bore you with long talks just relax as I take you on a journey I kicked off from Benin city, Nigeria on the 12th of April 2021 that culminated into a 30 days trip.

P.s: kindly note that during the course of my experience in Cotonou there are some discussion I won't be able to dwell much on due to violating any of the nairaland rules, and also mind some of the typographical errors and just decode the message am giving out.
You did well by sharing your
hair-raising travel experience
to Dubai with others.

All the best!
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by AlphaSoul: 4:06am On May 17, 2021
Derende:
After the struggles and hustles in Nigeria and the way the economic situation is deteriorating in the country I decided to find a way to hustle myself out of the country to seek greener pastures. I have tried processing some Schengen countries visa which yielded nothing I decided to apply for a 90 days tourist visa to Dubai.
During the process of making enquiries for the application of the visa, I was getting exhorbitant rate from agents who wanted to help in processing the visa, what surprised me most to my jaw was when an agent In Dubai told me to pay 600,000naira for a three month visa. So I decided to go online to source for agents who will do the job for me with a reasonable fee. After about three days searching the internet, I finally came across a guy from Uganda who did the three months visa for a fee not up to 150k, infact I was amazed when he told me the amount that I should transfer to him because I have never heard of such amount before, so I thought maybe this was another scammer in disguise. But after much deliberation I decided to give it a try by risking it and behold after a space of three days the visa came out with the insurance. After doing my due diligence and verifying the visa online by confirming the geniunity of the visa, I discovered that the visa was a confirmed 90 days visa. Infact I was really amazed that if someone from Uganda that I haven't met physically can do a visa for me at such amount there are still sincere people in Africa unlike some of our brothers that were calling exhorbitant fees just for a three month Dubai visa.

To be continued
shocked Greedy agents!
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Glocal1: 5:17am On May 17, 2021
1beat:

Guy am into business believe me business is not easy like that again the level of patient business take is equal to cook stone..
What I think is that he should have take his time to try country like Finland applying to school with 70% schoolaship.
But don't look back guy your case will be different. You don move you don move be that you just have to man up ... Best of luck
Please, are you in Finland or UAE?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by AlphaSoul: 5:19am On May 17, 2021
Derende:
Good day all,
I will be updating this thread much later due to the fact that I will be airborne in a couple of hours from now.

For a quick tips for those coming to Cotonou, this one is for you;

Have a valid yellow fever vaccination card with you to avoid problems with the immigration officials at the Cotonou airport. ( It is not a flying requirements, but an entering requirement into Cotonou, so that you dont miss your flight by those strict Benin officials at the airport)

Please and please again don't try coming into Cotonou through Idiroko border, follow through Seme border through badagry to avoid story that bleeds the heart

For those coming through an agent, endeavour to make sure you see your confirmed flight ticket before doing a covid test (E get why)

When leaving your hotel to the airport make sure you collect receipt covering your 15 days stay from the hotel reception in case you are asked at the airport.

And please use your head
*Cotonou Checklist*
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 7:52am On May 17, 2021
find better company you no go find
ELKHALIFAISIS:
which kind company go spend that much on their worker
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2021
what plan were you having before?
1manuel:

Oga calm down.... I just want to know so i can change my plan
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2021
post a picture to back your claim i can equally typed what you just narrated..... grin grin grin grin grin grin
CryptoRepublic1:

Haha,I'm actually Irish myself.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2021
Ernesthugo:
find better company you no go find
who is this one kwa , please crawl back wherever u come from
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2021
hahahahaha never say never
no be every one get suffer head.

be nice

have a great week

the thread is already ended.

grin grin

ELKHALIFAISIS:
who is this one kwa , please crawl back wherever u come from
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by CryptoRepublic1: 10:56am On May 17, 2021
Ernesthugo:
post a picture to back your claim i can equally typed what you just narrated..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Haha,picture of what do you want?And not everyone lie over silly things you no.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Ernesthugo(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2021
NEVER CALLED YOU ONE JUST ASKING IRISH IN 9JA FORUM

YOU MEANT TO BE WITH A PINT OF STOUT IN BAR

CHILLINMG FORM YOUR SOCIAL WELFARE THIS FRIDAY!!!

tongue grin
CryptoRepublic1:

Haha,picture of what do you want?And not everyone lie over silly things you no.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by AndikanEssien(m): 5:13pm On May 17, 2021
sunnyg12:

The guy go succeed.

I'm not wishing him any ill but I'm mentioning an obvious reality. Recovering the money he's spent already may not be feasible. He has three months or less to get a job which isn't always readily available. I don't need to say much, but person wey never go, no go know

1 Like

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by teachernnaa: 7:17pm On May 18, 2021
Derende:
After concluding plans for my proposed trip to Cotonou, I saw a video on YouTube by one YouTuber based in Dubai who I follows up with update on living in Dubai. During one of his regular update he disclosed that he had someone residing in Lagos that could cross passengers successfully through Cotonou to Dubai without much hassle. So after watching the short video I contacted this YouTuber through his WhatsApp line and he disclosed the process involved and the contact of the person that I will meet in Lagos who will take me to Cotonou and also board me successfully at the Cotonou airport, infact this is where my nightmare started setting in.
I contacted the agent immediately on his phone line and he told me exactly same thing the YouTuber told me and I was more convinced. The following day I made all payment pertaining to the logistics to the said agent and proceeded to booking my flight from Nigeria.
During the flight booking process through Ethiopia airlines, (because the only flight flying from cotonou to Dubai is only Ethiopia and Turkish Airlines which makes flight there very expensive) I was able to get a cheap ticket when converted to naira at about 332k, so I immediately called the Lagos Ethiopia office to make payment for the booking only to be told by the customer agent that the amount I will be paying for the flight is not same amount stated on the booking but 424k due to the fact that I am not travelling with Ethiopia from Nigeria and In circumstances as such I will have to pay some additional charges which culminated to the 424k.
After the discussion with the Ethiopian agent I decided to call the Agent in Lagos abou the present situation and he told me that he can get a cheaper ticket for me at the rate of 354k by buying the ticket directly in Cotonou. So I decided to forward him the money for the ticket, which later led to the biggest mistake I ever made that led me spending over 29 days in the city of Cotonou frustrated and depressed.

To be continued...
Bros how can I reach u, like email or phone number, will like to seek ur advise regarding this trip.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Kaceman(m): 6:44am On May 19, 2021
deinexsol:
Waiting for this too bro

Na Travnook.com
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by sunnyg12(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2021
No update again? Everybody silent.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by IchBinBrait(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2021
Hadampson:

Yeah bruh
I have been away for a very long while too. Good to be back smiley

Jaycew ( how's Poland treating you)
Subomi007
lamboladee
SaintHillary
Vhuqnl
Joohan
Paccus
Richdee1
ichbinbrait
Canih28
olioxx
Savagethe21st
aziza45442
2Lynx NoFab123
Omo its been over a year shaa.. Chaaai grin grin I've missed this site and our favorite "travel thread." How have you been bro? Thanks for the mention.
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by Hadampson(m): 11:07am On May 26, 2021
IchBinBrait:
Omo its been over a year shaa.. Chaaai grin grin I've missed this site and our favorite "travel thread." How have you been bro? Thanks for the mention.

I have been good bruh
How's ur travel plans going??
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by IchBinBrait(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2021
Hadampson:

I have been good bruh
How's ur travel plans going??

On pending bruh.. It is well.

What about yours?
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by nnamdiosu(m): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2021
kmcutez:
Naw a o. All these just to travel to Dubai? The Devil is a liar.
I'm telling u. Money someone would have used to buy land or start business. It's well
Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by angelfallz(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
I am not in support of Nigerians traveling out of the country, without a well funded plan on what to do when they arrive at their destination.
I find it strange that, there are some Nigerians that raise money just to travel out of the country in search of greener pastures, when there are a lot of opportunities here. A lot of times, they spend half or majority of the money raised on visas, agent fees, flight tickets and frivolous things, before they even get to their destination.

By the time they get to their destination, they don't even have a plan on what to do or how to settle down. They may even realise the money they have, would not even last them for long, they become stranded and easy prey for the worst of the worst of society.

It is indeed strange that some Nigerians can raise money to travel out but can't raise money to start a business here in Nigeria. Our government is bad no doubt. But there are a lot SMEs, BOI(Bank of Industry), N-power govt assisted programmes etc to help start up businesses.

In this same Nigeria that is hard, In this same Nigeria that Buhari is killing the economy, In this same Nigeria where there is no security, In this same Nigeria where inflation is high and unemployment is rampant, people making it legally. Those people that are making it, do they have 2 heads?

crackhaus:
Desperation is what leads people like the OP into falling victim to these dubious agents.

Once you have plans to travel, take your time and don't be in a rush. Almost everything that an agent claims he/she will help you do, you can actually do them yourself.

3 Likes

Re: My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai by travelwaka: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2021
@derende so sorry about your ordeal. I was recently at Benin For the same purpose for a client. The issue you had was not getting a legit agent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / Foreigners Sit On The Floor At The Airport In Lagos Due To Lack Of Seats / Ever Been To A Poor Neighborhood Overseas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.