Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? (24904 Views)

Only One Christian Has Played For Egypt National Football Team / Is It A Sin If Married Couple Have Different Sex Style / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:22am On May 09, 2021
DanceVille:
Happy Sunday Folks! Blessed one in Jesus name Brethren.

This keeps bulging my mind because have seen some believers that have tattoos on their body and they are strong believers. They have the tattoo when they are unbelievers but after they converted to been a believer, the tattoo still remains because it's a permanent one.

Assuming I have the tattoo of my mother or father or my son/daughter on my body and a strong believer of Christ, does that makes me an unbeliever or does that mean that I need to get the tattoo erased before I can make it to heaven.

I remembered when we were been preached to by pastor then that God says we shouldn't have any form of tattoo on our body, christ sees it as sin.

But the issue now is, let's look at this two different scenarios;

1. I have a tattoo when I was an unbeliever, but converted to a believer and there's no way I can erased the tattoo, does that still makes me an unbeliever?

2. I'm a believer of Christ, strong and faithful to him. But I wish to have an image of my dad/ mum or son/daughter because of the much love I have for him/her, does that still changes me to been an unbeliever in christ?

Brethrens, please let's contribute to this issues and share your opinions with reference to the word of God.

Stay happy ❤️

You will definitely receive many answers base on their level of understanding of God's word and who a Christian is.

Leviticus 19:28—"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you"—so as to prohibit tattoos...

However, you must understand the law and to whom it did apply .
A Ghanaian who's not resident in Nigeria can't be subject to the law of Nigeria.
The above laws were given to the Jews, every other human on the face of the earth were referred to as heathen/gentiles/unbelievers/pagans. You cannot be a Nigerian, living in Nigeria and be subject to the US law.

Ephesians 2:12 12
[Remember] that you were at that time separated (living apart) from Christ [excluded from all part in Him], utterly estranged and outlawed from the rights of Israel as a nation, and strangers with no share in the sacred compacts of the [Messianic] promise [with no knowledge of or right in God’s agreements, His covenants]. And you had no hope (no promise); you were in the world without God.

Just as the scriptures says , whatever things that were written were written for our knowledge.
To know the kind of relationship they had with God, know where they are coming from, and learn from it.
But a Chirstian has a different law; the law of Grace. We're not subject to the Mosaic laws . We're born of God's Spirit and His word.
You didn't get born again to become a Jew, but a Christian

But, the motive behind everything you want to do is rather looked at rather than the thing itself.
That is, why do you want to do what you want to do ?
Someone can eat rice and beans and not sin but another could do the same and sin . Why? The motive behind it. Why did he eat rice and beans ?
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Ephraimchuks(m): 9:22am On May 09, 2021
Jesus has said it, what defiles a man is not what goes into a man but what comes out of a man. Beware of those that washes the outside of a cup but the inside is very dirty
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Hezmatosky: 9:26am On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

If you had a tattoo before you became a believer, it won't be counted as sin once you become a believer. This is because your sins have been washed away by the Blood of Jesus. Once you get your perfect body on the day of resurrection, the tattoo you currently have won't be there anymore.

If the case is that you are a believer and you want to get a tattoo, it means you want to knowingly commit sin despite knowing God's commandment against such. If you go ahead to draw the tattoo on your body, God may punish you for it. But can that sin stop you from going to Heaven? No. Sin can't prevent you from making heaven if you believe that Jesus salvation is permanent and can't be lost. That doesn't mean you should abuse it, even though if you do you still won't lose heaven. For example, if you know your mother will always love you, should that make you want to always treat her like trash? If you know God will always love you, should that make you treat his commandments like trash?
You're not a Christian judging by your name. So, don't call the name of Jesus again, i have warned you cry
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Dminister(m): 9:27am On May 09, 2021
Tattoo is just art and see no relationship with sins. Just love your neighbor, have good conscience, say the lords prayer, don't fornicate, don't kill, don't steal, don't convert your neighbors wife or don't commit adultery and don't get involve in idolatry. Uphold all these and see if you will not make heaven
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by jidxin(m): 9:27am On May 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Hell no
hell yes
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Ruthymoon(f): 9:28am On May 09, 2021
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by humilitypays(m): 9:29am On May 09, 2021
Wallade:

A lot of formally employed people wear tattoo but not on obvious parts of their bodies.

A lot of potential husbands and wives don't mind tattoos, it is just unfortunate when you meet people that frown at it and often times because of their personal believes and bias.

God doesn't from at it when it does not glorify evil and not all parents frown at it.

As for everyone that is against it, you are all entitled to your personal believes and bias. Don't generalize your believes or bias.
It's alright
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by LordPsalm(m): 9:31am On May 09, 2021
post=101514244:
Tattoos aren't for everyone, but they aren't inherently sinful. 
Tattoos are permissible, but that doesn't mean you should get one.
If you do get some tattoo, do so with a clear conscience, in faith, unto the glory of God.
There is no proven theory that getting tattoos would be a barrier for you to reach heaven. However, if you strongly believe that having tattoos would not let you go to heaven, it is always the perfect decision to avoid getting tattoos.

Let us back.our comments with some verses from Our Holy Bible.

Leviticus 19 : 28..... You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

Isaiah 49 : 16....... Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” “Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

Revelation 19 : 16...... and “upon his garment and upon his thigh is written the name, 'King of kings and Lord of lords
Leveticus 19v27 says we should not shave our beards.
Now my question is that, why do we tend to Cherry-pick which part of those commandments to keep and what not?
We have alot of those laws which Christians don't keep cuz we believe Christ have died for them. Then why is this tatoo not among?
As a Christian, we have a new covenant and Priesthood in Christ which the law has no power over us.
Maranatha
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Reference(m): 9:32am On May 09, 2021
Ikennablue:
Na wa o. So tatoo is sin and tribal mark is not??

Christians do not wear or administer tribal markings. Whatever the reasons for it, no matter what they are, are covered by the Blood of Jesus and inapplicable under the New Covenant. Jesus has promised to present to God, a church without spot or blemish, both spiritually and literally.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by obailala(m): 9:32am On May 09, 2021
faceland:
YES!

The old testament forbids it (as a chosen people you are not to mark your body)...

The new testament said your body is the temple of God...

A real Christian (which there are very few like 0.5% of those who claims to), wouldn't get a tattoo. Why? Even take tattoo of Jesus or Bible Verse is disobedience.

Obedience is better than sacrifice and God said rebellion is equal to WITCHCRAFT
4dStreet:
Yeah,
people with vsible tattoo are seen unprofessional in their work place and may even limit one's attribute to a potential career unless he or she is in the entertainment sector.
Meanwhile
Leviticus 19:28—"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you"—so as to prohibit tattoos,
Preaching Levitical Laws, wow!! In the same chapter in the old testament where tatoos were prohibited (Lev 19:28), if you go just one verse above (Lev 19:27), men were prohibited from shaving their side hair or trimming their beards. It's also written that if you fail one of the Mosaic Laws, you fail all, so in essence, if tatoos are a sin, then shaving your beards also is a sin, and if you've ever shaved your beards as a man, you're also a sinner grin

Apostle Peter in Acts: 15:10 referred to those Mosaic laws as "a burden / yoke whcih neither they (the apostles) nor their forefathers were able to bear". Christ already said he came to fulfil the Laws, i.e. to pay off the debt and release new covenant believers from the yoke of those weird and excruciating old laws. But somehow, someway, some Christians chose to disregard Christ's sacrifice by preaching Mosaic Laws in 2021?

But please out of curiousity, for some of you guys that still opt to preach the laws of Moses, how exactly do you guys pick and choose which laws to uphold and which ones to disregard?

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by kenan619: 9:33am On May 09, 2021
it's only in Nigeria, in western countries... everybody get tatoo
4dStreet:
Yeah,
people with vsible tattoo are seen unprofessional in their work place and may even limit one's attribute to a potential career unless he or she is in the entertainment sector.
Meanwhile
Leviticus 19:28—"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you"—so as to prohibit tattoos,
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:35am On May 09, 2021
THEY GIVE US RELIGION TO TAKE AWAY OUR BRAINS _____IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW _____NO HELP COMING FROM RELIGION EXCEPT FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES FROM BLACK COWS ____NOW SEE FAMOUS NIGERIA MAN DIE UNDER CANDLES_____SHAME ON YOU NIGERIANS
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 09, 2021
It is a very big sin. God forbids it why? So you don't go polluting yourself with mark and incision which are made up of piercing and tattooing etc
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Richy4(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2021
Yea... Everyone is quoting Leviticus.... The same Leviticus that says you guys should not eat Pig/ pork, snakes etc.... yet everyday we see disturbing pictures of animal that were killed here on Nairaland...Even the ones Leviticus mentioned that no one should touch...

I guess when it comes to food we throw away our Leviticus...

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by keypha1: 9:51am On May 09, 2021
I have see a woman draw a half lady with fish tail, I knew she don't know the meaning, whenever holy Spirit came to heal the sick, if they notice any tattoos they will go back.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:51am On May 09, 2021
alBHAGDADI:

If you had a tattoo before you became a believer, it won't be counted as sin once you become a believer. This is because your sins have been washed away by the Blood of Jesus. Once you get your perfect body on the day of resurrection, the tattoo you currently have won't be there anymore.

If the case is that you are a believer and you want to get a tattoo, it means you want to knowingly commit sin despite knowing God's commandment against such. If you go ahead to draw the tattoo on your body, God may punish you for it. But can that sin stop you from going to Heaven? No. Sin can't prevent you from making heaven if you believe that Jesus salvation is permanent and can't be lost. That doesn't mean you should abuse it, even though if you do you still won't lose heaven. For example, if you know your mother will always love you, should that make you want to always treat her like trash? If you know God will always love you, should that make you treat his commandments like trash?
Thanks but kindly refer me to a Bible verse that speaks about tattoo
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by nomenclature(m): 9:51am On May 09, 2021
Religion is slavery ,see the rubbish you just typed..if if if if
alBHAGDADI:

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by val4sure(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2021
4dStreet:
Yeah,
Meanwhile
Unprofessional in their work? Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Alvin007: 9:58am On May 09, 2021
humilitypays:
Tattoo is bad.

It limits your career growth in the formal sector.

It limits your chances of securing a job as a job seeker.

It limits your chances of getting a worthy relationship or marriage partner especially as a lady.

It limits your chances of political growth in politics as you will be seen as unserious and wayward person without strict principle, such person can't be considered a worthy leader of the people.

God frowns at it.

Your parents frowns at it.

The elderly frowns at it.

Security men profile you because of it and prejudge you as a potential criminal.

Only the wayward youths and entertainment world celebrates it.

What then is the benefit of having a tattoo if not to satisfy your immoral mind and that of your fellow immoral group

So why draw a tattoo in the first place

Have you ever seen someone buy a Rolls Royce car with gold plating and then uses knife to scratch it to make it look prettier This should let you know that people that draw tattoo are wayward, insecure, easily influenced by the world around them, are under peer pressure, cannot resist society or peer pressure, and such people cannot become worthy leaders.
Damn....I've never read nor experienced such misguided generalizations. C'mon...
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Reachard: 10:01am On May 09, 2021
For me It not a sin
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by femi4: 10:02am On May 09, 2021
DanceVille:
Happy Sunday Folks! Blessed one in Jesus name Brethren.

This keeps bulging my mind because have seen some believers that have tattoos on their body and they are strong believers. They have the tattoo when they are unbelievers but after they converted to been a believer, the tattoo still remains because it's a permanent one.

Assuming I have the tattoo of my mother or father or my son/daughter on my body and a strong believer of Christ, does that makes me an unbeliever or does that mean that I need to get the tattoo erased before I can make it to heaven.

I remembered when we were been preached to by pastor then that God says we shouldn't have any form of tattoo on our body, christ sees it as sin.

But the issue now is, let's look at this two different scenarios;

1. I have a tattoo when I was an unbeliever, but converted to a believer and there's no way I can erased the tattoo, does that still makes me an unbeliever?

2. I'm a believer of Christ, strong and faithful to him. But I wish to have an image of my dad/ mum or son/daughter because of the much love I have for him/her, does that still changes me to been an unbeliever in christ?

Brethrens, please let's contribute to this issues and share your opinions with reference to the word of God.

Stay happy ❤️
No 2 is a sin. You can inscribe the memory of your lost ones in your heart.

No1 is understandable, you committed the error in your unbeliever days
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by obailala(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2021
Ruthymoon:
Its wrong in every way,as a Christian, because the holy bible warm us about tattoos on our body but that was in old testament, but the the new testament says old things have past away and all things have become new, seriously people with tattoo are being view and seen as demon or agent of darkness, or irresponsible, and this same tattoo has denied soo many beautiful girls marriage just because they have tattoo on their body
Tatoo denied many girls marriage? Tatoo makes you irrespinsible and an agent of darkness? grin cheesy People who harbour these ideologies obviously have never left the shores of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 09, 2021
Lev. 19: 26 You shall not eat anything with its blood. You shall not practice augury or witchcraft.
19:27 You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.
19:28 You shall not make any gashes in your flesh for the dead or scribe any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

Some of the Levitical laws do not make a lot of sense to people today. Remember, the Hebrews were a pretty barbaric people, barely bronze-age. They had trouble dealing with iron, even though many of the peoples around them could handle the advanced material!

But the Israelites were in danger of being assimilated into the nations around them. So many of their laws were for no other reason than to produce a certain kind of eccentricity. It was, in effect, “the other guys do this, so we won’t” kind of reactionary thinking.

Mind you, the prohibition against witchcraft and fortune telling was very consistent with the Hebrew faith of One God. Not eating blood was consistent with that position as well, since God demanded blood as a sacrifice to him, though that did deprive the people of a nutritional source that other peoples took advantage of.

But the hair? No trimming the beard or cutting the hair from the temples? That was simply to distinguish them from other nations and make them stand out. A Hebrew going through the neighboring nations would be immediately recognized. This was a way to keep Hebrews from surreptitiously worshipping at pagan temples. Everyone would know! And if a Hebrew trimmed his beard or otherwise made himself less conspicuous among the nations, everyone at home would know he’d been up to no good.

Nothing like making people stand out as a way to exercise Control.

And again, in verse 28. No marking. No cutting as a remembrance of the dead. To the Hebrews, there was no afterlife. There was this life, God, and in the future there would be their descendants and God. And they would always be a people who stood out.

That is the way many fundamentalist Christians act in today’s world. The church teaches them to make themselves peculiar, weird, and very recognizable. This helps control their behavior and limits their social contacts.

This is an example of synecdoche. Synecdoche is a figure of speech wherein a key feature is used metaphorically to represent the whole. The passage mentions haircut, but it is really talking about paganism.

In context the passage is saying not to be involved in pagan practices of witchcraft. Apparently the Canaanites would shave around the ears and upper beard as part of some sort of cultic ritual. "Corners of the beard" seems to indicate shaving it partially into a goatee shape. Goatee was popular with Egyptians.

Some people have interpreted this to mean don’t shave those areas because it will

Among many ancient peoples of the East, including the Israelites, a beard was cherished as an evidence of manly dignity. God’s law to Israel prohibited the cutting off of the “sidelocks,” the hair between the ear and the eye, and the extremity of the beard. (Le 19:27; 21:5) This was doubtless because among some pagans it was a religious practice.

It was customary for men to wear beards, even before the Law covenant was made. While the Hebrews did not make monuments with figures of themselves, many monuments and inscriptions have been found in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and other Middle Eastern lands,

Leviticus 19:27 KJV, "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard". What is the meaning of it?
In Leviticus 19:28, its say you must not have markings. The verse just before that one says you must not shave your beard. So, why do Christina agree with Leviticus 19:28, while at the same time disagreeing with Leviticus 19:27?
It says in Leviticus 19:19 - "Keep my decree: Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material". Why do Christians not obey this?

Leviticus 19:27

27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

No Mohican hairstyle(today Nigeria called gallace) and beard; why?

For God to have told the Children of Israel to abstain from this practice it will be for good reason.

Perhaps all their neighbors dressed that way. He wanted them to be different
Maybe it was part of some worship o
Leviticus 19 verse 27 (below) in Aramaic Old Testament (known as Aramaic Peshitta Tanakh) is different compared to other Old Testament versions.

Leviticus 19 verse 27 (Aramaic OT) - “You shall not let the hair of your head grow great and you shall not mar the corner(s) [or edge(s) or side(s)] of your beard [or chin].”

The meaning of Aramaic word ”Pta” (also pronounced Phta) include edge, corner, side.

Aramaic word “Dqna” can mean “the beard” or “the chin.”

Levitical law was a lot of things. 592 points if I recall right.
"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."

Specifically this is instruction about how to groom you hair, for men it would seem.
The law not only kept the Jewish people in line, but also set them apart as a society and it was a society you DID NOT have to be a part of. Also you could convert into.

It was a voluntary membership society for all but the youngest of peoples in it. It was their law for their time for their people. It was a really long testament as to the perfection G

This passage varies somewhat between versions … KJV reads:

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

It is generally held to mean that you have to keep your sideburns and beard. The idea seems to have been to distinguish Jews from local gentiles… which would be consistent with the tone of other dress and grooming rules in Leviticus.

My fear with today christains is that most of them don't know the God they serve by having a personal relationship with him. Their knowledge of him is either what they have heard people say (pastors and believers alike) but not what they experience themselves. If you have experience God you would know the exact reason he gave those instructions and if they are valid and applicable in our society than making your conclusions based on someone's else biased perception to the verse.

It is not the place of man to decide what is sin by himself in anyway but to look inwardly and know if what he is doing is pleasing to God James 4:17 (Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin)

When it comes to religious grey area since no one has met God in person it only requires personal assurance by the holy Spirit himself just as everyone salvation is personal.

Lastly to such question I can't give my answer because it becomes a doctrine and might be misleading to someone else faith in Christ

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Adakintroy: 10:14am On May 09, 2021
Sin is not the act itself. Sin transcends mere act.

Somewhere in tattoos is the over investment in oneself. A behaviour that does not permitt you to invest in others. which is our calling. Note we are talking about Christianity now not world matters.

the Bible frown at displays of jewels all together. Ones the mind of man start dwelling on this, it us hard to overturn it.

Notice how many women or men started with ear rings now it's toe nails, waisted beads, eye lashes, nail colouring nose rings breast and yanch implants. All to grorify the body. When the body becomes too glorified, it naturally takes to pride.

So to counter that or break up the chain by returning to zero with giving to others.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Adakintroy: 10:14am On May 09, 2021
Sin is not the act itself. Sin transcends mere act.

Somewhere in tattoos is the over investment in oneself. A behaviour that does not permitt you to invest in others. which is our calling. Note we are talking about Christianity now not world matters.

the Bible frown at displays of jewels all together. Ones the mind of man start dwelling on this, it is hard to unverturn it. You are what you concerntrated on.

Notice how many women or men started with ear rings now it's toe nails, waisted beads, eye lashes, nail colouring nose rings breast and yanch implants. All to grorify the body. When the body becomes too glorified, it naturally takes to pride.

So to counter that or break up the chain by returning to zero with giving to others.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Ugulo(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2021
Tattoo doesn't make me feel pure,
I will feel stain if i do it. If it was something
necessary God could've created me with it. I Feel perfect.
But las las everybody have reason for doing things but i feel tattoo is not a necessity.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Ruthymoon(f): 10:22am On May 09, 2021
grin
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 09, 2021
I dunno
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by Casham: 10:29am On May 09, 2021
I getting a tattoo soon. If I love something, I go for it. I don't live my life with a "sin" or "transgression" mentality.
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by obailala(m): 10:34am On May 09, 2021
Ruthymoon:
you can confuse yourself not me,
Lol... I said what I said; you havent lived outside Nigeria. What you expressed is just a Nigerian stereotypical culture / mentality; it doesnt exactly apply in other climes.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by hallelluyah(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
I have tattoos on my body though I had them before saying yes to Jesus.
There's something about tattoos, you get one and then you just want more and more till there's no space in the body to draw. One is never satisfied with just one. That spirit is insatiable.
I struggled with it, as in I really wanted more even after saying yes to Jesus not until I was studying my bible one hot afternoon and then the holy spirit showed me the part of the bible that spoke against tattoos. Immediately, the love or passion I have for tattoos died. Till date, no more cravings...

When I preach to young boys and girls in motels, bars and all, they look at my tattoos and wonder why someone with tattoos is preaching and I say oh well, it's just to tell you that I have lived in the world you are living now and I can show you the results., you have theories, I have results... A man with theory doesn't argue with a man with results.

I love tattoos so much I persuaded my wife to get one for me. Each time I see the tattoo on her, it adds to the attractions I have for her. So, for me it even makes me love my wife more. Is that a sin? Hell No!
Re: Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? by openmine(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2021
olamide0147:
No it's not a sin because being faithful to God doesn't have to do with physical appearance, all he cares about is your character and your heart. When a pastor tells you not to have a tattoo it not because it's a sin it because of morality, there are many things that bad and sinful than having a tattoo
Not necessarily true!

Your physical appearance is a reflection of one's character and ultimately your faith in God!

If indeed,you are the light of the world as explicitly written in the word of God,then you must exhibit exemplary traits that conform with Christ which includes your outward appearance!

I agree that there are other bad stuffs far worse than tattoo, however,it doesn't take away the fact that writing stuffs on the body will give people the wrong impression about you!

What is wrong is wrong no matter how small!

Remember the way you dress is the same way you will be addressed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians / Princewill Iheme: Only Igbo President Will Save Nigeria / Pastor Adeboye Meets With Kakoma Kanganja, Zambian Police Inspector General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.