Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? (64457 Views)

Lady Invites A Native-Doctor To Fight Bank For Wrongly Debiting Her (Video) / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account / Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Thefxchanger: 8:32pm On May 09, 2021
Buliwyf:

Lol. First, you have to have been receiving that amount of money before for your claim to be credible. Secondly, the law usually doesn't even favour the common man in the first place. So you acting as if you are in a Utopia is funny. Thirdly, by the time you are in jail if the people you took the money from are dangerous people, they will make sure your loved ones have no rest. Talk is cheap.

Did you just say “took the money from”

Like she took the money from someone’s acct ?

You lots don’t read well...

Read my response finish and see where I stated she Shld just relax till the bank reverses it back to where it came from and be made to refund the pry she spent ...

Make una dey Read patiently and with concentration without the rush to reply
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Thefxchanger: 8:32pm On May 09, 2021
Tutu82:

Hmmh.I love the name Mrs Righteous and i thank you,I just might add it to my cv as i do try to be as righteous as my human form would allow.

If you “claim” you were expecting money when you weren’t that in itself is fraudulent ,your conscience should rule and not wait for the bank to prove the source.

If you keep any money wrongly credited to your account this could lead to you being charged with retaining wrongful credit' under the Theft Act 1968. You would be guilty of an offence if a wrongful credit is made to your account and You know the credit has been made incorrectly and don't take steps immediately to cancel the credit and start to spend it instead.

I put it to you that if the bank had not frozen that account and the dodgy phonemail had not come they will spend that money one time.This is now coming to light only because they have been found out and afraid.

We all cry the government is corrupt and Nigeria is not doing well but we in the grass root contribute as well.

In the end Honesty is always the best policy.This is just my opinion and you will have others that share yours.

Signed A Lady Lawyer without common sense.

Read my response finish and see where I stated she Shld just relax till the bank reverses it back to where it came from and be made to refund the pry she spent ...

Make una dey Read patiently and with concentration without the rush to reply
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 09, 2021
ojonugwa25:
I had similar case about 2 years ago ,I got an alert of 7.2million naira from fcmb bank to my first bank account I was surprised so I waited for 5days before I was called by the bank to come to ikeja office at allen to sign some papers,thank God I did not spend a kobo from d said amount the money was returned to d owner what if I withdrew d money what could have happened? It only d cashier that compensated me with just 5k but I least I have rest of mind.
You are an amazing person.Very well done and I hope good things come your way.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Shegz4god(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2021
Who called you criminals there,did you guys steal the money,those that transferred the money are the real criminals..if na me i Go don comot all before them freeze the account.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by studentofTruth: 8:44pm On May 09, 2021
Thefxchanger:

I have personal accts with such inflow and outflow cos I run other businesses with my personal acct which can’t be run with my company Acct cos of different names of business...

Whatever the case might be, anyone can be expecting a million naira anytime ... cld be pension or some type of benefits or from family and associates ...

Like I said, running a business with a personal account can put you in this kind of risk. Your "expecting money" story cannot work for a personal account as far as the law is concerned, even if in reality that is what happened!
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by prinxel(m): 8:47pm On May 09, 2021
They haven't said they weren't going to return the money, the guy just brought the issue here for everyone here to also learn from, but what you tagged him was "CRIMINAL" haba we are humans and let's be guided with our words.
You have no right to call him or them Criminal because they haven't refused returning the money...
Golan007:

If you have no home training, I would give it to you on this forum.

Read and don't be stupid:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/woman-arrested-for-refusing-to-return-1-2-million-she-received-from-charles-schwab-via-accounting-error-11618416297

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 09, 2021
How many scanners are they buying with N3million? That’s how civil servants try to finish their approved budget for previous year before the one for new year is sanctioned.
It’s a pity that OP touched the money. He and his family should have reported his mum’s bank.
heed101:
It might have been erroneous transfer and it is for the purchase of scanners. It is best you go to the bank before they will involve enforcement agencies. That will be torment you would not want to experience as you will pay more than 220k you have spent.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 09, 2021
Shegz4god:
Who called you criminals there,did you guys steal the money,those that transferred the money are the real criminals..if na me i Go don comot all before them freeze the account.
In these days of digitalisation and links due to Bvn and Nim,either efcc or hired assassins might be at your door before you get the chance to spend it.
Your life is worth much more than 3m please.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by frozen70(f): 9:02pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:
On Sunday, last two weeks my mom got a bank alert notification, someone sent her 3 million naira, she wasn't expecting money from anyone.

She was shocked, she called I and my younger sister. We couldn't believe it, so we waited for three days to see if the bank will reverse the money, they didn't, so I and my sister took our mom's ATM card to withdraw and test if the money was genuine.

We bought three phones from it. That's when we believed it was real. Then I transferred #50,000 to my bank and transferred #50k into my mom's other account which we used for foodstuffs.

On the fifth day the bank froze the remaining balance of the huge money sent. But no bank official or staff called my mom. That week passed, on the 3rd day of the second week, one lady called my mom by phone in the afternoon, she said her name is Sarah from so so bank.

My mom is not literate so they spoken in pidgin, she told my mom that she knows that my mom received a #3mil last two weeks and she has spent out of it. That the money was government money. Sarah told my mom to go to any nearest ........bank and write a mandate letter authorizing the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil in her acct and the bank will give us the beneficiary account which she will send the money back to. And we should return the money we spent out of it immediately.

When we got to my mom's bank, we went to customer agent area, instead of writing the mandate letter, we told the agent everything that happened leaving nothing untouched. the agent said we should give him the number of the staff that called us, when he called the Sarah with his phone, Sarah gave him another name, instead of introducing herself as Sarah, she said her name is Evelyn. She now told the agent to hold my mom down till she (Evelyn) gets to that bank to arrest my mom or whatever.

The agent said on what basis would he hold my mom down. The agent checked the description when the money was sent and he couldn't understand the description. He was saying how could this be government money. He told my mom to try and return the money spent and he told us to go.

The description on the transfer when it came in on Sunday was: "National Procurement of Scanners" #3million.

Is this truly a government money?

Nairalanders what are your opinions? Because my mom is scared, Sarah or Evelyn bullied her on the phone with jail time.

I don't know what to do.

Left for me, get in touch with the bank manager and make a documented report, they know how to handle cases like this

And for the money you guys spent on food stuff and the rest, that one has gone down

Let the bank and police decides on what to do
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Shalommy(f): 9:02pm On May 09, 2021
See as oluwa bless una and una carry am play. U na for transfer the money all, go to una village. If that lady call ur mom again make she swear for am. She is a thief.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 09, 2021
prinxel:
They haven't said they weren't going to return the money, the guy just brought the issue here for everyone here to also learn from, but what you tagged him was "CRIMINAL" haba we are humans and let's be guided with our words.
You have no right to call him or them Criminal because they haven't refused returning the money...
He wasn’t tagged a criminal that’s what he is unfortunately,and now being 220k short the matter has just escalated as neither the bank if it’s legal nor the “crooks” if it’s illegal will accept short funds.He sounds like he does not have the balance.By not returning it immediately fully under the law a crime has been committed.If you commit a crime you are a criminal that is the harsh reality.We hope for leniency in the matter so he learns and doesn’t do it again.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Guyman111: 9:21pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:
On Sunday, last two weeks my mom got a bank alert notification, someone sent her 3 million naira, she wasn't expecting money from anyone.

She was shocked, she called I and my younger sister. We couldn't believe it, so we waited for three days to see if the bank will reverse the money, they didn't, so I and my sister took our mom's ATM card to withdraw and test if the money was genuine.

We bought three phones from it. That's when we believed it was real. Then I transferred #50,000 to my bank and transferred #50k into my mom's other account which we used for foodstuffs.

On the fifth day the bank froze the remaining balance of the huge money sent. But no bank official or staff called my mom. That week passed, on the 3rd day of the second week, one lady called my mom by phone in the afternoon, she said her name is Sarah from so so bank.

My mom is not literate so they spoken in pidgin, she told my mom that she knows that my mom received a #3mil last two weeks and she has spent out of it. That the money was government money. Sarah told my mom to go to any nearest ........bank and write a mandate letter authorizing the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil in her acct and the bank will give us the beneficiary account which she will send the money back to. And we should return the money we spent out of it immediately.

When we got to my mom's bank, we went to customer agent area, instead of writing the mandate letter, we told the agent everything that happened leaving nothing untouched. the agent said we should give him the number of the staff that called us, when he called the Sarah with his phone, Sarah gave him another name, instead of introducing herself as Sarah, she said her name is Evelyn. She now told the agent to hold my mom down till she (Evelyn) gets to that bank to arrest my mom or whatever.

The agent said on what basis would he hold my mom down. The agent checked the description when the money was sent and he couldn't understand the description. He was saying how could this be government money. He told my mom to try and return the money spent and he told us to go.

The description on the transfer when it came in on Sunday was: "National Procurement of Scanners" #3million.

Nairalanders what are your opinions? Because my mom is scared, Sarah or Evelyn bullied her on the phone with jail time.

I don't know what to do.
See my follow Guyman.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by ibinaboonline: 9:22pm On May 09, 2021
This is how people ruin their destiny. The same thing will happen to someone and that person will report to the bank. That someone will be praised and even rewarded. More importantly, God is watching you. But this one chose to share the money among themselves. Now you're in trouble and you've shown yourselves dishonest. Your reward could've been bigger than the phones you bought and the 150k you shared among yourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Silentflute1234: 9:27pm On May 09, 2021
That money belongs to your mum and all of you. No Jupiter can jail you, you didn't commit any crime, get a sound lawyer ASAP then wait for any motherfuker
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by fm7070: 9:41pm On May 09, 2021
Heavens knows that I need this kind of alert.
And then, we will see what will follow
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Illuminatiship(m): 9:49pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

They are what?

Anywhere in the world it is a criminal offence.
may poverty locate you in Jesus name=amen
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 09, 2021
Silentflute1234:
That money belongs to your mum and all of you. No Jupiter can jail you, you didn't commit any crime, get a sound lawyer ASAP then wait for any motherfuker
They can’t afford to refund 220k where is money going to appear from for a “sound lawyer” who would charge nearly as much.
Stop playing.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Illuminatiship(m): 9:51pm On May 09, 2021
princepee:
Such money came into your mum's account all you can think of is to buy 50k phone.
U people are wasteful spender.
Now I believe you should have spoken to a lawyer by now to avoid the story that touch.
When next you see such awuf money think about how u can invest.
60%sense dey with you
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by gstream: 10:01pm On May 09, 2021
una stupid gaan... you should have transferred the whole cash to another account or better still collected the whole cash and use it for business. You can always pay back.
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 09, 2021
Illuminatiship:
Such prayers have a way of backfiring,be careful least it locates you instead.
Jesus must be exhausted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by jahlove4jah: 10:11pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

But dem don freeze the remaining #2mil now. How person wan hire lawyer? My mom was thinking we should return the money little by little. We have spent #220,000 from it.
You guys really get mind.
How could you be spending a controversial money like that?

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by VicM6: 10:16pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

But dem don freeze the remaining #2mil now. How person wan hire lawyer? My mom was thinking we should return the money little by little. We have spent #220,000 from it.
220k....Nawa 4 u nd ur mom o.... set awon sharp shooter... lol.
well, una even try spend 220k.... i for don spend 2M finish since since..... That money isn't any govt money... someone stole the money nd sent to ur mom's acct and u people also stole out of the money.. so notin is wrong with that....
But Op, try hard and refund the money back but don't make transfer to any bank acct without a genuine reason and be careful out there so that they don't come for ur head.... The people who sent such money must have known your family so well and can attack anytime.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 09, 2021
VicM6:
220k....Nawa 4 u nd ur mom o.... set awon sharp shooter... lol.
well, una even try spend 220k.... i for don spend 2M finish since since..... That money isn't any govt money... someone stole the money nd sent to ur mom's acct and u people also stole out of the money.. so notin is wrong with that....
But Op, try hard and refund the money back but don't make transfer to any bank acct without a genuine reason and be careful out there so that they don't come for ur head.... The people who sent such money must have known your family so well and can attack anytime.
No,ild say something is wrong with that...Even if it is stolen money two wrongs don’t make a right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

Don't be stupid.

It is a criminal act and it makes him a criminal.

Don't be a fool and explain the criminal part..
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by jahlove4jah: 10:27pm On May 09, 2021
The wise thing to do now :

1. Fund your mum's account up to 3million.

2. Get your mum's account officer involved on how to resolve the error.

3 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by History001: 10:28pm On May 09, 2021
OPp, I BEG YOU WITH GOD NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF TRANSFERING THAT MONEY TO ANY ACCOUNT PROVIDED. A FRIEND OF MINE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AND E DED UP SPENDING OVER 18MONTHS IN JAIL. ON TOP MONEY HE NO NOTHING ABOUT.

IF THAT SARAH OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS CALLED, TELL HER TO GO TO THE BANK ABD ISSUE A REVERSAL. ITS AN INSIDE JOB. THEY DO THAT IN OTHER TO ROPE YOU. AS AN ACCOMPLICE.

2 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by imagrg(m): 10:28pm On May 09, 2021
Why have some youths become so criminally minded?
The money is not yours. Return it!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Golan007: 10:44pm On May 09, 2021
Illuminatiship:

Locate me in Europe with my qualifications, experience and passport?

You've got jokes.

grin
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Illuminatiship(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2021
Tutu82:

Such prayers have a way of backfiring,be careful least it locates you instead.
Jesus must be exhausted.
shut up
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Illuminatiship(m): 10:52pm On May 09, 2021
[quote author=Golan007 post=101536200]

Locate me in Europe with my qualifications, experience and passport?

You've got jokes.

Do you know how a plane look like
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Golan007: 10:53pm On May 09, 2021
[quote author=Illuminatiship post=101536368][/quote]

E pain am.
grin

Name the country, I've been there.

Chai.

Poverty no good.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Illuminatiship(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

E pain am.
grin

Name the country, I've been there.

Chai.

Poverty no good.
wetin pain me you dey fool your unborn children

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.