Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:27 PM

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? (64332 Views)

Lady Invites A Native-Doctor To Fight Bank For Wrongly Debiting Her (Video) / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account / Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by nams77: 4:11pm On May 09, 2021
seankafor:
Na myfault say you do mistake transfer money to my account?
What if I have been praying and fasting for it?

Oga you and your mum should use the remaining money and get a lawyer standby.
It's their fuckups and nothing concerns you..

No be everybody be gentle man to return money mistakenly sent to his account
When you spend from such money, it becomes a financial malfeasance

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Golan007: 4:11pm On May 09, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:

SHUT UP THERE!!!

BUHARI IS A THIEF

When I have time for you, you would abandon Nairaland.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Dalil8: 4:11pm On May 09, 2021
Rrchrd:

my brother even the covi 19 money they supposed to share for us thats how they are doing it. They're splitting the money to different account for their own used.

Maybe the person they wanted to sent his/her own share to didn't respond to called so they quickly used ur mum's account temporary.

Only G will comprehend me.

Hmmm.... Underated comment

OP longer throat no go kill una.

Dem send u money by mistake, u don rush go buy phones, spend 1m comot say na testing, which kind testing be dat one?

Nor worry all of una go do testing for jail, e sure me die.

10 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Buliwyf: 4:11pm On May 09, 2021
BarrElChapo:
Its a diverted money by maybe some shaddy bankers themselves. Hold the money till the people that put the freeze show themselves. And you may wanna get a lawyer on the side

Lol. That's if they come with a lawyer and not hitmen instead. You guys are advising him to endanger his life.

8 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Kandeed: 4:11pm On May 09, 2021
okpas01:
For spending out if the money you had no idea how it came about tells much about ur level of intergrity. Buying three phones and sending 50k to ur mum's second account shows how wasteful you people are. I pray the law take it's full course.

Biko don't judge that guy for practicing Giveaway
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by BlesE: 4:12pm On May 09, 2021
Someone rightly advice go and report to the police or efcc to avoid harassment later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:13pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

They are what?

Anywhere in the world it is a criminal offence.
It is a criminal offence that they want to use their account for money laundering?...don't quick to judge... Nigeria hard

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by omonnakoda: 4:13pm On May 09, 2021
okpas01:
For spending out if the money you had no idea how it came about tells much about ur level of intergrity. Buying three phones and sending 50k to ur mum's second account shows how wasteful you people are. I pray the law take it's full course.
That is the thing with poor people. All they know is consumption with zero productivity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by evesdon4u: 4:13pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

But dem don freeze the remaining #2mil now. How person wan hire lawyer? My mom was thinking we should return the money little by little. We have spent #220,000 from it.

You shouldn't have spent from that money at all. Considering your mother wasn't expecting any money, you should have simply reported the matter to her bank. They will take it up from there by notifying the appropriate authorities that will investigate.
I know there is hunger in the land but the choice to do the right thing at all times is entirely up to us...

14 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by EmperorTolson: 4:13pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:
On Sunday, last two weeks my mom got a bank alert notification, someone sent her 3 million naira, she wasn't expecting money from anyone.

She was shocked, she called I and my younger sister. We couldn't believe it, so we waited for three days to see if the bank will reverse the money, they didn't, so I and my sister took our mom's ATM card to withdraw and test if the money was genuine.

We bought three phones from it. That's when we believed it was real. Then I transferred #50,000 to my bank and transferred #50k into my mom's other account which we used for foodstuffs.

On the fifth day the bank froze the remaining balance of the huge money sent. But no bank official or staff called my mom. That week passed, on the 3rd day of the second week, one lady called my mom by phone in the afternoon, she said her name is Sarah from so so bank.

My mom is not literate so they spoken in pidgin, she told my mom that she knows that my mom received a #3mil last two weeks and she has spent out of it. That the money was government money. Sarah told my mom to go to any nearest ........bank and write a mandate letter authorizing the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil in her acct and the bank will give us the beneficiary account which she will send the money back to. And we should return the money we spent out of it immediately.

When we got to my mom's bank, we went to customer agent area, instead of writing the mandate letter, we told the agent everything that happened leaving nothing untouched. the agent said we should give him the number of the staff that called us, when he called the Sarah with his phone, Sarah gave him another name, instead of introducing herself as Sarah, she said her name is Evelyn. She now told the agent to hold my mom down till she (Evelyn) gets to that bank to arrest my mom or whatever.

The agent said on what basis would he hold my mom down. The agent checked the description when the money was sent and he couldn't understand the description. He was saying how could this be government money. He told my mom to try and return the money spent and he told us to go.

The description on the transfer when it came in on Sunday was: "National Procurement of Scanners" #3million.

Is this truly a government money?

Nairalanders what are your opinions? Because my mom is scared, Sarah or Evelyn bullied her on the phone with jail time.

I don't know what to do.
You should have withdrew everything.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by michlins(m): 4:14pm On May 09, 2021
You're wannabe criminals and by spending the money, you're criminals. Whatever comes to you, take it with your chest. If you can't do time, don't do crime.

You got 3ml and immediately bought phone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by richie240: 4:14pm On May 09, 2021
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 4:14pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH!!!

ASK VERY WELL, I AM MORE THAN 100 IN ONE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Kandeed: 4:14pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

See cheap blackmail.....y'all just funny on here
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by sisisioge: 4:14pm On May 09, 2021
Haaaa! You spent money that isnt yours? Whew! Sometimes I wish I could be as scandalous as the country as turned. You spent money that isn't yours! It is well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Killermamba: 4:14pm On May 09, 2021
Golan007:

They are what?

Anywhere in the world it is a criminal offence.
That I understand, but who make such mistake these days, the name must display for confirmation before transfer is initiated and Also why wait 2 weeks to uncover such a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Golan007: 4:15pm On May 09, 2021
Aarenasbaba:

It is a criminal offence that they want to use account for money laundering...don't quick to judge... Nigeria hard

You don't know the details and even if it were true, it still isn't your money therfore, it must be returned.

4 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 09, 2021
Don't send anything to any account. This may be another tactic by criminals to rope your mother into their fraudulent transactions. Report to the appropriate agencies/commissions as advised by others. You have no direct business with Susan/Evelyn. She should follow due procedure by contacting her bank to request a chargeback from your mum's bank.

If you can, get a lawyer. Just in case.

PS: You shouldn't have touched the money at all. sad

5 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2021
This is government embezzled money
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by generalwo(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:
On Sunday, last two weeks my mom got a bank alert notification, someone sent her 3 million naira, she wasn't expecting money from anyone.

She was shocked, she called I and my younger sister. We couldn't believe it, so we waited for three days to see if the bank will reverse the money, they didn't, so I and my sister took our mom's ATM card to withdraw and test if the money was genuine.

We bought three phones from it. That's when we believed it was real. Then I transferred #50,000 to my bank and transferred #50k into my mom's other account which we used for foodstuffs.

On the fifth day the bank froze the remaining balance of the huge money sent. But no bank official or staff called my mom. That week passed, on the 3rd day of the second week, one lady called my mom by phone in the afternoon, she said her name is Sarah from so so bank.

My mom is not literate so they spoken in pidgin, she told my mom that she knows that my mom received a #3mil last two weeks and she has spent out of it. That the money was government money. Sarah told my mom to go to any nearest ........bank and write a mandate letter authorizing the bank to unfreeze the remaining #2mil in her acct and the bank will give us the beneficiary account which she will send the money back to. And we should return the money we spent out of it immediately.

When we got to my mom's bank, we went to customer agent area, instead of writing the mandate letter, we told the agent everything that happened leaving nothing untouched. the agent said we should give him the number of the staff that called us, when he called the Sarah with his phone, Sarah gave him another name, instead of introducing herself as Sarah, she said her name is Evelyn. She now told the agent to hold my mom down till she (Evelyn) gets to that bank to arrest my mom or whatever.

The agent said on what basis would he hold my mom down. The agent checked the description when the money was sent and he couldn't understand the description. He was saying how could this be government money. He told my mom to try and return the money spent and he told us to go.

The description on the transfer when it came in on Sunday was: "National Procurement of Scanners" #3million.

Nairalanders what are your opinions? Because my mom is scared, Sarah or Evelyn bullied her on the phone with jail time.

I don't know what to do.
....... Spending the money was wrong even though not many Nigerians will blame you for doing so given the economic hardship facing the country at the moment..... Una good wen be say na less than 200k una remove.... If na other people, they would have removed as much as possible..... That not withstanding, I suggest you don't take any further action until the government through a legal means or a proper channel contact you.... Before that, make una hustle their money keep for them to balance the 3m..... My thought is that, a crooked government official tried to divert the money to an unknown account and tender the alert as proof that they have paid for the procurement of the scanners then later go back and ask the person to return the money to a private account and now it's backfired...... U guys should hustle their balance and wait for a proper government official to contact you....... Last last we all dey hustle for 9ja.....them get luck say no b my account e enter sha..... I for turn am to long term loan..... Last last me and government go arrange how I go take dey pay 5k monthly until the 3m complete.....

14 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by lwanga1993: 4:15pm On May 09, 2021
OP, contact me ASAP.. I think I know the answer to your questions. The money is indeed government money. But you guys ain't aware. Contact me via Lwgbaddest@gmail.com

Will explain further ....
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by addexx: 4:15pm On May 09, 2021
grin

Fully Automated smart duplexes : fully detached , semi detached and terraces... Available at second toll gate lekki.
For details:

https:///message/RTLZ3QJWMI2MI1

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Golan007: 4:16pm On May 09, 2021
Killermamba:

That I understand, but who make such mistake these days, the name must display for confirmation before transfer is initiated and Also why wait 2 weeks to uncover such a mistake.

Just because things are hard for someone that doesn't mean it is for others.

If it is a business entity, they may not even realise for months that their transaction was erroneous.

What is it about Nigerians and criminality?

5 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Ceenacks(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2021
This story appears made up, but if it is real, then ur family is into greed and could land ursef into trouble.

So if it were debit of 3m thrown into ur mum acct in d first place, would u hv started paying it up?

No family in this earth shd see such erroneous transfer and strt spending sharp sharp. Even if its d poorest on earth.

Sth u dont about. Well, u r inviting trouble. If EFCC trace that fraud to ur mum acct, i m afraid u dnt hv any alibi again. And they wil, soon or later. Write an affidavit, make up d fund, give the bank consent to transfer it to the exact account it came from, narrating CONSENT TO REVERSE UNSOLICITED ERRONEOUS TRANSFER.

Government or no government, dat wil give u back ur freedom. Such money dont digest. Forget all these advises they r giving u here, the same ppl wil write abt u wen u go down. A word is enof..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by tunnex190: 4:16pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

I don't know what to do.

Instead to spend this morning few days after, you should have withdrawn about half of 3million to another account and wait for a month at least before you begin to choke eyes inside the *national treasure*
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by alfajohn: 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
I can assure you that if money is not returned and the bank cum government decide to press charges your mum is staring at jail time.

3 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Tizu(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
Mr Adviser,
Do you call your bank to notify them whenever a credit alert enters into your phone ?
Some people self.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by NoToPile: 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
Irrespective of whoever owns the money you should never have touched it. The speed with whuch you disbursed money that is not yours is alarming.I fear una ooo.

The proper thing to do is to wait 24-48 hours if they don't reverse the transaction you report to your bank, they will trace the funds.

6 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by mamawa123: 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
National cake..............................eat yours now and make sure you finished it because no guarantee that
other citizens will get a taste of it.
Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by Babinski: 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
Whizzdom:

What to do now when the remaining money has been frozen and the so-called lady calling my mom and threatening with police?

Do not return the money to any account given by the lady. Report the matter to the Department of State Security (DSS) and ensure you write a letter detailing what happened and include the details of the lady that you know. I repeat do not transfer to anybody. Let the bank reverse the money based on appropriate complaint. Ensure you are well covered legally to avoid stories that touch later.

They might have used your mother's account to fraudulently divert Government money and if you transfer to them and they disappear into thin air, your mother may be charged later for defrauding the Government! So you really need to thread carefully here.

Report physically and in writing that is acknowledged to the DSS and also EFCC and then let them trace the source and know what happened.

4 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by uyogabie(f): 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
You used out of money you didn't know the source?

Una get mind!

You couldn't advice your mum to report to the bank..you just used the money like that.

You better go back to the bank,go to the police or EFCC.Whatever you are thinking right now,the money is not yours,stolen or not.

3 Likes

Re: Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? by vineyardfarms: 4:17pm On May 09, 2021
Most nigerian are potential criminal - wasteful - from presidency to the common man, except they were not previlage to seat on money. Imagine buying phones to flex - no investment-probably a tenant- with other people's money. Now you are afraid to go to jail, do the crime - spend the time behind bars - period. don't signed any note - see your bank manager with a type written detail explanation with attached bank statement detailing the transaction. Good luck.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Am 41 And Can Buy Almost Anything I Want – Lady / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures / Soko Loan Has Finally Defamed Me (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.