Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

#JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence (48216 Views)

Death Of Peju Ugboma: Federal Consumer Protection Council Holds Public Hearing / #JusticeForPeju, #JusticeForOmolara: FCCPC Begins Investigation / #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by ibedun: 12:03pm On May 09, 2021
ictjobber:
If you have money just move to oyibo land.. Everything in Nigeria is soiled.

Foolish idiotic thinking. Oyinbo land is tired of immigrants and are putting up barriers to stop you. The best bet is to develop our minds and improve our country! Life is not meant for ‘show off or I big pass you’ it is meant for cooperation and building together.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Ijaya123: 12:03pm On May 09, 2021
nairalee:
Many Nigerian doctors and nurses exhibit bad attitude. But I'm surprised when they port abroad they automatically imbibe good attitude. Why is that so?

Rules of engagement.

Why do you think even Buhari doesn’t patronise Nigerian hospitals?

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by ghettochild(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2021
fergie0o1:
#JusticeForPeju: Family Accuses Hospital Of Negligence In Death Of Lagos Chef

https://twitter.com/therealdaddymo1/status/1391042286704791553?s=19

SOURCE

He spoke with Drs. Asemota, Iwuh and the medical
director Dr Oshinowo. He stated expressly that he was of the opinion that she had severe internal bleeding and needed to be moved back to the operating theatre for the bleeding to be arrested immediately. Premier team however ignored his
advice.
Just imagine how quacky our Nigerian doctors are...
After the surgery they never attended to her personally to ask the patient questions n figure out where the problem could be...
Another doctor even called them to tell them what the problem is n yet they didn't start to operate her immediately..
Plus i notice a trend...
You pay before they even commence anything.
Those gynecologists all need to have their licenses revoked

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Leebeedo(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2021
Quack doctors in Nigeria ehn embarassed embarassed embarassed

Even without being a doctor, common sense should tell you that when a patient keeps experiencing hypovolema without external hemorrhage, that's definitely internal hemorrhage but most Nigerian doctors no go ever get sense or probably just a show of "I don't care attitude". Now, see the pain you're causing a family.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by ibedun: 12:10pm On May 09, 2021
joyandfaith:

Nigeria factor. Social environment is hostile to every Nigerian and doctors are not immune.

The baby/reproduction rate is nearly 50 times higher than the available resources. That creates a terrible environment where nothing works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Mrbenny001: 12:10pm On May 09, 2021
After surgery...the patient blood keep dropping at a very fast pace..then they shouldn't be told to go back to theater immediately before they do now.. which kind nonsense be this now... even with their outrageous charges cry

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by ibedun: 12:12pm On May 09, 2021
Angelfrost:

Poor leadership abounds in every aspect of this nation... This is beyond hospitals and healthcare!

The system of this nation is rotten at the very core! The average Nigerian has lost his humanity!!!

Good leadership can restore a semblance of order and discipline to these failing sectors! Scapegoats need to be made that others may actually learn, and remember their humanity.

We are damn too many for the resources available! This is the main driver of the crises in every sector. We have reproduced well above our capacity!!
What is the employment rate compared to the population growth rate?

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Lama70(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2021
Nothing is new in our hospitals.
Everything goes.
You may even have to settle the nurses if you want them to do their work very well.
I know a member of my church who travelled to Zamfara to remove fibroids for 40k in 2018. Government hospital o.
Here somebody paid millions and yet she died due to negligence.
This life......

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 09, 2021
IS NIGERIA A COUNTRY WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE ___NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ____A COUNTRY WHERE MAD PEOPLE TAKE THE LEAD _____MEANWHILE NOBODY KNOWS IF THEIR WITH MENTAL DEFICIENCY _____WELCOME TO NIGERIA THE GARDEN WITH COW AND KANGAROOS LIVING IN IT!!!!!
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by fitinwell: 12:15pm On May 09, 2021
Why did Doctor not analysis why constant transfusion of Blood administered to the bereaved almost every day..

The Number of Pants of Blood transfuse Was questionable..

I am not a Doctor... But common sense could tell that something unprofessional went wrong during surgery.

What does it take the medical team to recheck the surgical operation again..

From years of practicing as hospital and doctor they should have known exactly what went wrong ..whopping 4million in this Nigeria economy and yet low quality of service...

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Chukwuedwin1993(m): 12:16pm On May 09, 2021
So sad! Unfortunately those doctors can't give what they don't have. Most of the Medical doctors we see in the hospital are not qualified to be called Medical doctors in the first place.
Some began cutting corners from Jamb down to Medical exams. God will help us
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Chukwuedwin1993(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2021
So sad! Unfortunately those Medical doctors can't give what they don't have. Some of the "Medical doctors" in our hospitals are not even qualified to be there in the first place. Some sorted their ways to the profession right from JAMB up to Medical exams. God will help us

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by harmony75: 12:21pm On May 09, 2021
God pls don't let us be at Mercy of any doctor give us divine health �❤

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Florenzo222(f): 12:24pm On May 09, 2021
RIP dear. What a sad way to die private hospitals are the best may God grant her family the fortitude to bear their loss. Amen
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by abdsamad(m): 12:24pm On May 09, 2021
There are two sides to the story and it's best to reserve some of these judgements until the hospital has given its own account.

I'm a med doctor myself and I know how many cases are not as black and white as they seem.

If I had to judge from the information available, I would say the doctors and hospital were negligent and are liable but it's best to holdoff on grabbing the pitchforks just yet.

Yes there's a lot going on in Nigerian medical facilities that makes many of us sad everyday. So, I understand it when people cover all doctors with the same blanket. Even those of us who may be considered good fall prey to the way the system is set up from time to time.

There are many factors that contribute to the way things are and it requires hours of discussion to make anyone outside the system to fully comprehend the situation in its entirety.

Yes a lot more should be done about accountability in the health sector but what we need is a comprehensive system overhaul not just punishment for people whose behaviors are more of a symptom of the diseased system rather than the cause.

It's hard to tell anyone to please be reasonable and not to label all of us bad cos, let's face it, people's experiences have been pretty bad for too long.

I'm not holding my breath for things to improve soon especially with everyone bugging out as soon as they can (which just leaves the "bad" ones to run amoc and the rest overworked and prone to mistakes). I guess we're all staying tuned

Grand Summary: Yes, it looks really bad and the case should be looked into

5 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Hadampson(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2021
nairalee:
Many Nigerian doctors and nurses exhibit bad attitude. But I'm surprised when they port abroad they automatically imbibe good attitude. Why is that so?

It's because those countries have a functional system. System is what we need in this country.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by fitinwell: 12:26pm On May 09, 2021
Chukwuedwin1993:
So sad! Unfortunately those Medical doctors can't give what they don't have. Some of the "Medical doctors" in our hospitals are not even qualified to be there in the first place. Some sorted their ways to the profession right from JAMB up to Medical exams. God will help us

Very true
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by stasius: 12:27pm On May 09, 2021
Sultty:
I don't know her. but rip all d same, I wonder where una dey see d money sef
hospitals are charging a arm and a leg and u guys went ahead to pay one freaking million for ordinary fibroid

My dear oooh. I wonder where they see money.
Ordinary fibroid that won't cost up to 200k to remove in a General hospital.
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Eriokanmi: 12:29pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Sometimes, being stubborn is really helpful... Barely two months ago, my sister was rushed to the hospital from her place of work and the condition was so critical that required an operation, while in the theatre battling for her precious life, I was praying and sweating profusely that she would come back....

While this was going on, I moved to the female ward of the hospital to get her mantle which she kept on her bag and I saw one of the female patient who's having difficulty to speak and breathe well trying to get the attention of a nurse putting on a white earphone blasting to music from her mobile device.

The female patient was pointing to the pulse clip which the nurse mistakenly removed while arranging her oxygen cylinder.

I had to forcefully remove the useless earphone from her ears and shouted at her to concentrate.... She wanted to misbehave by trying to shout back at me, I had to show her that there are levels to madness by destroying the earphone. I did wrong there, but I hate negligence.... She reported me to the naval personnel there and after everything, they ask me to take it easy and be calm.

What brighten my mood that day was that my sister came out of that health challenge and the doctors gave her full attention anytime she complained.

I don't tolerate negligence at work place.

Good.
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by sniperr007(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2021
Until they start suing Hospitals and paying Heavey amount. They will continue this rubbish behaviour.
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by fostermd(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2021
It's sad this had to occur.When her Blood pressure dipped after surgery, her pulse would have been rapid and faint.This should have indicated an internal bleeding.
An ultrasound scan or even an abdominal tap would have confirmed the bleeding which required taking her back into theatre to secure haemostasis and stop the bleeding. Many Nigerian doctors lack index of suspicion in practice,rather they kept transfusing her.This should even should have made them suspicious of significant leak.They even rebuffed the 2nd opinion by the family gynaecologist in the UK.
Many doctors in Nigeria act as if they know it all.I am.a doctor in Europe and we work as a multidisciplinary team and get input from all.members of the team.

The hospital and the doctors need the doctor need to be investigated and sanctioned by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.The doctors certainly are liable to gross professional malpractice and their practice falls short of the expected standard.

7 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by NaMe4: 12:35pm On May 09, 2021
Sad.

I still don't understand why she wasn't rushed back to the theatre.
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by coretechng1(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Sometimes, being stubborn is really helpful... Barely two months ago, my sister was rushed to the hospital from her place of work and the condition was so critical that required an operation, while in the theatre battling for her precious life, I was praying and sweating profusely that she would come back....

While this was going on, I moved to the female ward of the hospital to get her mantle which she kept on her bag and I saw one of the female patient who's having difficulty to speak and breathe well trying to get the attention of a nurse putting on a white earphone blasting to music from her mobile device.

The female patient was pointing to the pulse clip which the nurse mistakenly removed while arranging her oxygen cylinder.

I had to forcefully remove the useless earphone from her ears and shouted at her to concentrate.... She wanted to misbehave by trying to shout back at me, I had to show her that there are levels to madness by destroying the earphone. I did wrong there, but I hate negligence.... She reported me to the naval personnel there and after everything, they ask me to take it easy and be calm.

What brighten my mood that day was that my sister came out of that health challenge and the doctors gave her full attention anytime she complained.

I don't tolerate negligence at work place.

Excellent u just saved a soul. Negligence all over the country not only in hospitals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Saintsquare(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2021
nairalee:
Cos no nonsense is tolerated over there, mistake can lead to revoke of medical license, and they understand the patient must be well cared for unlike how they behave like demi-gods in naija where everything goes.

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2021
Heart bleeds again....

Sleep on dear!
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Bluntemperor: 12:51pm On May 09, 2021
ajjib:
This is so sad.

Bunch of arrogant consultants.

Sad indeed and very unfortunate!
But most of our comments are just indefensible.Could we not even wait to hear from the hospital's side.We can't be good judges at all!
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Jman06(m): 12:51pm On May 09, 2021
ecomalchemist:
This is exactly how they almost killed my mum in 2016. Such a commercial enterprise with no care for human lives. They and Paelon are only mindful of money, money, money. Recent experience with Evercare shows they are different, more empathetic and willing to do extra without putting money first. What really has become of our people? No care even in the so called highbrow hospitals. They will be negligent yet asking for more money. The chicken has come home to roost. This can’t go on much longer.
Check the management of Evercare, you'll discover that they have a different managerial organogram. It's not an all-physicians affair! When you have such unbiased management, discipline will be instilled. Everybody will be on their toes to give their best to the patients.
This is what Nigerian governments have failed to do to put our healthcare system on the path of success.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 12:52pm On May 09, 2021
ppeessuu:

Thanks for your concern and God will bless you abundantly.

Bro,as I said earlier on, if the following hospitals I listed above could not help which doctor want to help.

What a sad situation I found myself in.
A problem shared can be half solved, you can still talk about it, who knows u will get help. I have a doctor too who might be of help
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by frog12: 12:54pm On May 09, 2021
nigerian young doctors have god complexes.
the older ones do not behave like that !

fostermd:
It's sad this had to occur.When her Blood pressure dipped after surgery, her pulse would have been rapid and faint.This should have indicated an internal bleeding.
An ultrasound scan or even an abdominal tap would have confirmed the bleeding which required taking her back into theatre to secure haemostasis and stop the bleeding. Many Nigerian doctors lack index of suspicion in practice,rather they kept transfusing her.This should even should have made them suspicious of significant leak.They even rebuffed the 2nd opinion by the family gynaecologist in the UK.
Many doctors in Nigeria act as if they know it all.I am.a doctor in Europe and we work as a multidisciplinary team and get input from all.members of the team.

The hospital and the doctors need the doctor need to be investigated and sanctioned by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.The doctors certainly are liable to gross professional malpractice and their practice falls short of the expected standard.
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 09, 2021
Now that they have killed her will they refund all the money her husband spent in other to keep her alive?
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by DAMN99: 1:00pm On May 09, 2021
Sue those mfs
Re: #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence by bcashy: 1:02pm On May 09, 2021
Oloriburuku doctors everywhere, no be like that one oloriburuku go punch my father in-law's bladder ain two places all in the name of taking care of prostrate enlargements wc nearly killed the man before he was referred!

A lot of lives have been lost through all these useless half baked doctors!

The painful part of it all is that in naija here, nobody will hold responsible in most cases!

Go to our medical Schools and you will understand why we have all these killers in our various hospitals!

They know nothing! Trial and error everywhere! And they are always full of themselves.

One prayer we should always make an important part of our daily prayers is that God Should please give us sound health!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Baby Born With 26 Fingers & Toes In India, Hailed As Reincarnation Of Hindu Idol / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive / Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.