Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

The Doctrine Of Eternal Salvation: A Truth Or Apostasy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Doctrine Of Eternal Salvation: A Truth Or Apostasy (283 Views)

Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Pretribulation Rapture Departure Or Apostasy From The Faith? / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Doctrine Of Eternal Salvation: A Truth Or Apostasy by Beetunez44(m): 11:31am On May 09, 2021
I have been colliding lately with a wave of doctrine that appears all strange and ill established. It goes by the following quoted phrases- "once saved, forever saved", "once saved is always saved".

What this doctrine advertises is the impossibility of a believer to lose his salvation(even if he decides to walk away from faith) further expressing salvation as an insurance that is eternal.

There exists also another of their phrase which state that "you do not give your life to christ, you only receive the life of christ".

Brethren, is this doctrine a truth? What have you believed?
Re: The Doctrine Of Eternal Salvation: A Truth Or Apostasy by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On May 15, 2021
Beetunez44:
I have been colliding lately with a wave of doctrine that appears all strange and ill established. It goes by the following quoted phrases- "once saved, forever saved", "once saved is always saved".

What this doctrine advertises is the impossibility of a believer to lose his salvation(even if he decides to walk away from faith) further expressing salvation as an insurance that is eternal.

There exists also another of their phrase which state that "you do not give your life to christ, you only receive the life of christ".
Brethren, is this doctrine a truth? What have you believed?
I don't know much about the doctrine you speak of, what I know of is the Truth of God that provides no exit door for those who enter into the Kingdom of God .I.e. those who are born-again & saved(Salvation).

For anyone who wishes to enter into the Kingdom of God , 4 things have to take place and this according to the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ. In no particular order, they are...

* Must be baptized in water (a step in the born-again process)
* Must believe Jesus Christ is who He says He is .I.e. the New Covenant agreement between God and man, a separate agreement from the Old
* Must be saved from the condemnation of sin(Death) and this by eating the body and drinking the blood of Jesus Christ (John 10) in order to gain eternal life in place of Death
* Must be born of the spirit( a step in the born-again process and spirit not to be confused with the Holy Spirit)

Previously condemned to Death, when saved through the eating of the body and drinking of the blood of Jesus Christ, we are graced with eternal life in place of the penalty of Death which we once had, we are released from the old curse placed on mankind by God. Since the same Jesus Christ declared that He has not come to condemn but to save, He provides no way for those who are saved to change their minds and gi back to being condemned. undecided

So, once a person is saved .i.e. becomes a part of the Kingdom of God, there is no way back out. He/she is locked in for eternity in the new agreement. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Word Of Encouragement To Ministers Of The Gospel / Seeking The Counsel Of God And Immediate Obedience / Did Manoah See God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.