Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A (32552 Views)

Victor Osimhen Becomes Africa' all-time leading goalscorer In The Serie A / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The Serie A Golden Boot / Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrating Winning The Serie A Title With The Juventus Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by robosky02(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2021
Osimhen makes history with Napoli as he reaches double figures in the Serie A

The 22-year-old has broken off the shackles that held him in the first half of the season and continued his incredible run of form in front of goal on Saturday

Victor Osimhen is now Napoli’s joint-highest scoring African in the Italian Serie A after he scored twice Napoli’s 4-1 win against Spezia on Saturday afternoon

The Nigerian international equals Kalidou Koulibaly’s ten goals for the Neapolitans- although he did it in 21 games in contrast to Koulibaly’s 210 games.

He has now scored ten or more league goals in consecutive seasons, having scored 13 for Lille in the Ligue 1 last season. Osimhen is the youngest player after Haaland to achieve this feat in Europe’s top five leagues in the previous two seasons.

Osimhen’s brace also takes his league tally to five goals in his last four games for Gennaro Gattuso’s team. The ex-Lille man scored his first of his two goals in the 23rd minute to put Napoli two goals up after Piotr Zielinski had opened the scoring.

The Super Eagles star then scored his second and Napoli’s third just before half-time, firing into the roof of the net after he was picked out by Lorenzo Insigne.

Osimhen has now scored in four consecutive league games for the first time in his club career. The Nigerian has managed to overcome Covid-19 and injury problems to hit form at the right time.

Spezia did threaten a comeback in the second half by pulling one back through Roberto Piccoli, but Hirving Lozano’s strike in the 79th minute killed any little hope they had left.

The result lifts Napoli into second place with 70 points from 35 games, although they’ve played a game more.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/05/osimhen-makes-history-with-napoli-as-he-reaches-double-figures-in-the-serie-a.html/amp

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by PlayMaker14: 6:59pm On May 09, 2021
We now have two brilliant striker flourishing in their respective clubs but give them to Gernot Rohr to handle and watch how the Franco-German tactician will fail woefully in this simple task.

The NFF should start looking for a new Coach who can utilize the potentials of these bundle of talents we now have in the Super Eagles.

For me, Gernot Rohr is not the right man to handle such hot and talented goal machines we have.

Congratulations Osimhen, I hope your partner in destruction, Senior Man Kelz will lift the FA cup.

113 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by 3lovelyflowers(f): 7:06pm On May 09, 2021
Congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by rawtouch: 9:59pm On May 09, 2021
cool
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Officialhorlah(m): 9:59pm On May 09, 2021
Napoli Amakagrin

I pray Napoli qualifies for CL

Love that celebration (Our Ronaldo)

11 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by henry4991(m): 9:59pm On May 09, 2021
Up Naija
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by kingzjay(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2021
We still have something to be proud about as Nigerians.... As for our country, only God knows what's next

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by paulolee(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2021
am happy seeing him hitting red hot form as the business end of the season approaches..
he should keep up the good form because Napoli would need him n other players in that difficult race for the top4 .
ac millan winning juve send a warning to the rest of Europe dt Italian league cnt be predicted, Juve dt was enjoying monopoly of the scudetto are now almost ending up in Europa..
its 3 games left n I see them climbing up, but i think it would be nice seeing cr7 n dt juve squad playing Europa cup next season..

9 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by anochuko01(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2021
Ygy
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Xuuu: 10:00pm On May 09, 2021
Our international players thrived this week

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Adebaba1(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2021
star striker

fast, strong and high shot power

7 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by chinavs9ja(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2021
This guy is doing well

I am a professional website developer and designer check my signature
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Elock1: 10:01pm On May 09, 2021
angry
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by pbet15: 10:02pm On May 09, 2021
grin
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by RadioMOUTH(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2021
grin

I know nothing

Just the plaster on his head grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Elock1: 10:03pm On May 09, 2021
PlayMaker14:
We now have two brilliant striker flourishing in their respective clubs but give them to Gernot Rohr to handle and watch how the Franco-German tactician will fail woefully in this simple task.

The NFF should start looking for a new Coach who can utilize the potentials of these bundle of talents we now have in the Super Eagles.

For me, Gernot Rohr is not the right man to handle such hot and talented goal machines we have.

Congratulations Osimhen, I hope your partner in destruction, Senior Man Kelz will lift the FA cup.
you guys should free this guy abeg.. African football is different..

B4 we blame Rohr, let's ask ourselves how many facilities,quality teammates or assistants way he get to compliment this "stars" of yours.

Sack rohr sack Rohr... On what basis.
He achieved all targets set 4 him.. And even qualifies with an extra game.. The man go kill himself b4 una go beleful.

Yes, he makes wrong decisions at times
But you are not with this players, he knows them better.

Make una ask Arsenal wetin happen after #Wenger_out

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by tit(f): 10:03pm On May 09, 2021
Is Koulibaly a striker?
10 goals in 210 games

16 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 09, 2021
Lille is about to carry French ligue 1...a remainder to Osimhen

10 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by IkengaRussell(m): 10:04pm On May 09, 2021
Our strikers firing on all cylinders this season..Good one from the boys(Kelechi,Paul,Simy,Victor and to an extent,Samuel)..Meanwhile,my darling club has shattered my heart into a million pieces cry cry...I think i am losing my love for football as a sport.

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by WibusJaga: 10:04pm On May 09, 2021
Congrats Osimhen.
But I want to see them succeed with the Super Eagles.
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by mrkings84(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2021
What buhari can't do Osimhen is doing

6 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by FuckThaMod: 10:06pm On May 09, 2021
Let him barb that hair.. He looks horrible

3 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Profayo: 10:06pm On May 09, 2021
I hope he and Iheanacho keep up the good form because the big team will be in dire need of strikers soon.R.Madrid, A.Madrid,Mancity, ManU, Bayern will be in need of a top striker by the end of next season because their main men are ageing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by paulolee(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2021
SeverepainsPro:
Lille is about to carry French ligue 1...a remainder to Osimhen
swears bro..
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Mandela27: 10:07pm On May 09, 2021
Hello Gentlepeace your diary is a good inspiration to me
I hope to join you soon when I am eligible.

Here is the link to the thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6478897/bet-trading-diary-journey-millionaire/7

CC GentlePEACE Zhongkui
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by richiemcgold: 10:08pm On May 09, 2021
imagine someone like van gal, pep, anceloti or klinsman coaching this bundle of talents we currently have in super eagles.

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by DrObum(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2021
I'm happy for him but why compare him to Koulibaly who is a defender?

Is Koulibaly's job to score goals?

11 Likes

Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by waploger(m): 10:15pm On May 09, 2021
Your diary is an inspiration to me. each time i log in to nairaland the second tab is your diary section, even though i don't have money to join, i always zoom your screenshots to find out which option you are using to wreck them bookies, i wish you greenluck in your journey to becoming a millionaire.

https://www.nairaland.com/6478897/bet-trading-diary-journey-millionaire/7

CC GentlePEACE Zhongkui
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 09, 2021
good one
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by hatakekakashi: 10:18pm On May 09, 2021
IkengaRussell:
Our strikers firing on all cylinders this season..Good one from the boys(Kelechi,Paul,Simy,Victor and to an extent,Samuel)..Meanwhile,my darling club has shattered my heart into a million pieces cry cry...I think i am losing my love for football as a sport.
Madrid
Re: Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A by Onyenna(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2021
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAF Awards 2019: Sadio Mane Is Africa’s Best Player / Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State / Manchester United Unveils 2019/2020 Home Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.