Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,742 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? (30057 Views)

DSS Shuts Abuja School, Sacks 140 Teachers Over Request For Better Welfare / The Maiden NASSA Essay Writing Competition 2020 / Covenant University Wins Maiden Pan-african Debate Contest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by promisedeco(m): 8:59am On May 10, 2021
Funnily enough, my mother's maiden name and my surname name are the same.

I usually get strange looks and quick correction from people filling in my data. When they try to explain the difference between maiden name and surname, I will be like oga/madam I know grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by bigpicture001: 9:01am On May 10, 2021
If you go to a sorcerer, they also request for your mother's name... I wonder why is always mother mother mother everywhere
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Lacash: 9:05am On May 10, 2021
Yemmysworld91:
I don't know if am posting this in the right section. I noticed banks, sim registration etc. do request for mother's maiden name. What's the intent behind it?
Maybe if one commits crime and escape, dem go fit go carry him mama. grin
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by shege45: 9:08am On May 10, 2021
Kabongo1:
It's a security question.

However in this world, the only thing we are sure of is who your mother is, we aren't sure that the man you call your father is your biological father....
What if them switch you for hospital? See we no sure of anything
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by ceejayluv(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2021
Okika123:
Only women knows the real owners of there children. So its advisable to ask for mothers maiden name.
This comment was so crappy, I had to like it .
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Goldp5988(f): 9:40am On May 10, 2021
iammo:
Since it's a security question just like a password, they need a question only you can remember the answer

Your Mother's Surname before marrying your father is a name you know personally but most of your friends and colleagues don't know

Most people knows your mum as , Mummy Yemi, Mrs (your father's Surname),

Noted

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 9:46am On May 10, 2021
It's a question people ask you, should they decide to go the village-way for you.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by bigtt76(f): 9:53am On May 10, 2021
Its the least security question anyone can guess an answer to in case of a brute force attack on your profile online.

Yemmysworld91:
I don't know if am posting this in the right section. I noticed banks, sim registration etc. do request for mother's maiden name. What's the intent behind it?
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Atunga: 10:11am On May 10, 2021
You can't even be sure of that. What if the baby was switched, unintentionally, at birth?

Kabongo1:

However in this world, the only thing we are sure of is who your mother is, we aren't sure that the man you call your father is your biological father....
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 10, 2021
Kabongo1:

WorldRichest:

That's why Babalawos ask for mother's name

You these people no get joy walahi grin grin

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by one4GOD(f): 11:59am On May 10, 2021
Yemmysworld91:
to trace your biography i guess
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by luluosas(m): 12:19pm On May 10, 2021
Never thought about it, but it's a security procedure
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by fineberry(m): 2:03pm On May 10, 2021
Yemmysworld91:
I don't 't know if am posting this in the right section. I noticed banks, sim registration etc. do request for mother's maiden name. What's the intent behind it?
Someone will still come now and ask " how come they don't ask for father's maiden name grin grin grin ;
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by WoundedLamb: 2:33pm On May 10, 2021
Your mother's maiden name isn't always a security question. Sometimes, it's for a more unique identity. The likelihood of someone having your first name, middle name, surname and mother's maiden name is almost zero.

1 Like

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by VanBommel(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2021
iammo:
Since it's a security question just like a password, they need a question only you can remember the answer

Your Mother's Surname before marrying your father is a name you know personally but most of your friends and colleagues don't know

first time in your life you made a sensible comment.
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by BlckBoy4U(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2021
leave him you know hes joking.
Email me for Galaxy A30S cleanly used & affordable. email : endlessjoy47@gmail.com Thank you
yusupedics:

Shattap dia undecided
Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by pawer(m): 6:30pm On May 10, 2021
Omo..
This hit differently..

Kabongo1:

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by Babsolala: 7:00am On May 11, 2021
I totally agree with this.
iammo:

Re: Why Do They Always Request For Mother's Maiden Name? by NisforNicky: 3:10pm On May 13, 2021
iammo:

I gave you the 500th like
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Smashes Prof. Abdulkadir Mohammed's Car Windscreen, ASUU Heads To Court / Comparing Graduate School In The USA and UK / Eight (8) Ways To Identify Carry Over Student On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.