Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! (24670 Views)

7 Prisoners Graduate With Bachelors Degree From NOUN In Port Harcourt / LASU Female Student Bags A First-class Degree After Two Extra Years (Photos) / How To Apply For Masters & Bachelors Degree At Nexford For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:41pm On May 09, 2021
Dear Nairaland,
I am in a state of dilemma now. Choosing between going for masters and pursuing my passion of studying medicine is quite difficult for me.

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medicine for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

I hope to go pick up a JAMB form this week to pursue my passion and happiness. I will not want to make any mistake here. So I believe hearing from people who have been in this shoe will guide me.

Have you been in this situation?
Did you pursue your passion?
Please share your story, age at which this decision was taken and how it has impacted your life.

This will go a long way in guiding me through this critical decision.

Thank you

15 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Hashabiah: 10:47pm On May 09, 2021
I thought this question was already answered. Or are you do you just feel like chatting...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:49pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I thought this question was already answered. Or are you do you just feel like chatting...?

Thank you for following up.
I still need peoples experiences sir!

6 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:53pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:

@SirHashabiah, I find your comment very helpful on my previous post. I will want to ask some few questions which I believe will guide me.I sent you an email can you please respond? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Hollawayn05(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2021
You still Prety young, u Caan go for it..
After badging HND animal health, some of my young mate still went for Vet medicine, looks so long back den but about 2 of dem already graduated

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by LordIsaac(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,
I am in a state of dilemma now. Choosing between going for masters and pursuing my passion of studying medicine is quite difficult for me.

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medicine for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

I hope to go pick up a JAMB form this week to pursue my passion and happiness. I will not want to make any mistake here. So I believe hearing from people who have been in this shoe will guide me.

Please share your story, age at which this decision was taken and how it has impacted your life.

Thank you
I did same course. While serving, I wrote WAEC and Jamb again for another degree where I now find fulfilment. I will be graduating in a few months' time. Please pursue your passion... All the noise the decision would elicit won't matter in 20years time. Not doing it, however, will make you forever not fulfilled.

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:58pm On May 09, 2021
LordIsaac:

I did same course. While serving, I wrote WAEC and Jamb again for another degree where I now find fulfilment. I will be graduating in a few months' time. Please pursue your passion... All the noise the decision would elicit won't matter in 20years time. Not doing it, however, will make you forever not fulfilled.

Ayayayayah!!!
More grace sir!
This is deep! Thanks for sharing sir!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 11:01pm On May 09, 2021
Hoping to get more people's experiences. pls share your story!
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Hashabiah: 11:03pm On May 09, 2021
Spark2:

@SirHashabiah, I find your comment very helpful on my previous post. I will want to ask some few questions which I believe will guide me.I sent you an email can you please respond? Thanks
I'm not really familiar with Nairaland's method of handling emails. But you can reach me on dukej556@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 11:04pm On May 09, 2021
Hashabiah:
I'm not really familiar with Nairaland's method of handling emails. But you can reach me on dukej556@gmail.com

Thank you so much sir. I will send you an email tomorrow unfailingly! God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 11:07pm On May 09, 2021
Hollawayn05:
You still Prety young, u Caan go for it..
After badging HND animal health, some of my young mate still went for Vet medicine, looms so long back den but about 2 of dem already graduated
Woww! Thanks for this
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 11:08pm On May 09, 2021
More stories and experiences pls
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Grateful02(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2021
Trust me should I say" I know that feeling ",however I'll say you start with getting a jamb form since deadline is fast approaching. You need to double your preparation since you're also working as well. Permit me to correct you,masters degr will be of added advantage to you, so is the work you're doing now since you're getting experience so technically both will be of help to you in the long run.
I was to write jamb this year tho I don't have money but I'm keeping my hopes alive. All the best sir
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 11:47pm On May 09, 2021
Grateful02:
Trust me should I say" I know that feeling ",however I'll say you start with getting a jamb form since deadline is fast approaching. You need to double your preparation since you're also working as well. Permit me to correct you,masters degr will be of added advantage to you, so is the work you're doing now since you're getting experience so technically both will be of help to you in the long run.
I was to write jamb this year tho I don't have money but I'm keeping my hopes alive. All the best sir

Thanks a lot sir. May God provide
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by damosade(m): 11:50pm On May 09, 2021
Yea, after my HND in electrical/electronics.. Still went to bag a Bsc on Information technology.
Is worth it though

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by oluwatoyosi8755: 8:22am On May 10, 2021
:I thought this question was already answered. Or are you do you just feel like chatting...? Thank you for following up.I still need peoples experiences sir!
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by AntichristXXX: 9:44am On May 10, 2021
Why Jamb again? Just go through DE. Abeg it's worth it if it's medicine you wan go for. You go finish and within few years you'll catch up with most of your mates that finished that chemistry course.

10 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by MrEgghead(m): 10:29am On May 10, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,

Thank you
I studied Agric Econs for my 1st degree, then I sat for JAMB UTME in final year and now I'm in 200L. I've never regretted my decision for a single day..In some countries , you must have a degree before going to Medical school..It's Medicine or nothing for me, that was my mantra.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by MrEgghead(m): 10:30am On May 10, 2021
AntichristXXX:
Why Jamb again? Just go through DE. Abeg it's worth it if it's medicine you wan go for. You go finish and within few years you'll catch up with most of your mates that finished that chemistry course.
He should even use the two options.

8 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:47am On May 10, 2021
MrEgghead:
He should even use the two options.
I'm not sure one will be able to go for the the two options at the same time this year
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 11:54am On May 10, 2021
Pls share more experiences. Thanks
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by dunsin125: 3:33pm On May 10, 2021
Spark2:
Pls share more experiences. Thanks
Bros, forget timing and go for what will make you happy. Are you so concerned about time that you are willing to live in regrets all the days of your life, time is there to make us do things quick not to cast our happiness aside. Btw, I have my first degree and I've served already but I just entered for medicine. All the best, God bless.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Harmored(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2021
Travel out first

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by keenn: 4:28pm On May 10, 2021
Do what you have to do, you are 25 now, in the next 7 years you will be 32 either you go back to study or not.

So when u are 32 will u be sad or happy.

The choice is yours.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 10, 2021
keenn:
Do what you have to do, you are 25 now, in the next 7 years you will be 32 either you go back to study or not.

The choice is yours.

Love this statement.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Gabe427: 9:35pm On May 10, 2021
I have a friend with this same exact dilemma.

And I'll tell you the same thing .....

Medicine no be beans
Let say you get a 280+ in jamblike this time and you also get Into the university with the MBBs

Would you enjoy days and night for reading and doing all those all that stuff medicine students do and leave the life ....cause unless your a crazy genius I swear those guys don't have time for themselves.
Except once in a while
Then let's say you go private cause Medicine stuff in Federal university is like 10years plus strike
And then when your done start looking for how to leave the country cause Nigera is almost a dead end
unless you start lecturing which also became a dead end of sort.

Bro it you alone that knows the pros of studdying medicine and if it outweighs all the above.
I swear chase your happiness cause in reality no one gives a f.
your the only that can look after yourself I can tell you about my friend that left pharmacy In third year to study medicine and he grown like late 20s and he seemes happier or my friend that left MBBs in 3rd year to study chemistry

So......It your choice

bro if it worth chasing All the best

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:25pm On May 10, 2021
keenn:

The choice is yours.

Hmmm
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:25pm On May 10, 2021
Gabe427:

Medicine no be beans
Let say you get a 280+ in jamblike this time and you also get Into the university with the MBBs

Would you enjoy days and night for reading and doing all those all that stuff medicine students do and leave the life ....cause unless your a crazy genius I swear those guys don't have time for themselves.
Except once in a while
Then let's say you go private cause Medicine stuff in Federal university is like 10years plus strike
And then when your done start looking for how to leave the country cause Nigera is almost a dead end

Bro it you alone that knows the pros of studdying medicine and if it outweighs all the above.
your the only that can look after yourself I can tell you about my friend that left pharmacy In third year to study medicine and he grown like late 20s and he seemes happier or my friend that left MBBs in 3rd year to study chemistry

So......It your choice

That 10years plus... hmmm
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:26pm On May 10, 2021
Gabe427:

Medicine no be beans

Except once in a while

So......It your choice

Hmmm this is deep
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Spark2: 10:26pm On May 10, 2021
More comments pls
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Gabe427: 10:38pm On May 10, 2021
Honestly man I not here to discourage you...
There's a lot of factors you have to consider cost of studying medicine ain't the same with other courses like there's textbooks you won't always be able to cook dissecting kit and other stuffs.

But you won't want to live your whole life wishing you didn't take this opportunity or you didn't give your medicine career your all try and score jamb well at least for a start. Then let see what's next

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stunning pictures of children's day celebration, share ur Childhood Memories / Aruna Kadiri Visits Turkey Over Arrest Of Nigerian Students (Photos) / Kaduna: Bandits Moved Children Like 'herd Of Cows', How I Escaped - Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.