Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! (24673 Views)

7 Prisoners Graduate With Bachelors Degree From NOUN In Port Harcourt / LASU Female Student Bags A First-class Degree After Two Extra Years (Photos) / How To Apply For Masters & Bachelors Degree At Nexford For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 13, 2021
Babitee1:
You can go for masters in adult Nursing in the UK .My friend studied industrial chemistry and is in the process to go to UK to the masters in adult nursing in Uk. Contact this Man he is an agent that helps people fulfill their UK dreams in Nursing. +44 7964 019341
Mr Samuel

Hmm
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 13, 2021
Babitee1:
You can go for masters in adult Nursing in the UK .My friend studied industrial chemistry and is in the process to go to UK to the masters in adult nursing in Uk. Contact this Man he is an agent that helps people fulfill their UK dreams in Nursing. +44 7964 019341
Mr Samuel

Does he do getting job in UK with BSc in nursing ?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by kriss27(m): 10:50pm On May 13, 2021
Ejaisky:
I know someone who read a technical course and taught in school for ten years and retired voluntarily and was getting pension. He went back to school to study law and that was he practised until he passed recently.
Does it mean that law has no age limit? You practice anytime?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Abuskid: 11:00pm On May 13, 2021
Man follow your passion . We are on same boat , i am a 500level mechatronics engineering student and will be graduating October but i already have filled JAMB form for MBBS . And i no dey even listen to negative commenters...

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by LordIsaac(m): 11:07pm On May 13, 2021
Dumte:

Can someone at 32, already a graduate still write waec and jamb to pursue his dream course?
Yes... At any age... Provided you are motivated to.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by LordIsaac(m): 11:08pm On May 13, 2021
Starz825:

Wait...lemme ask sir can you enrol for NYSC to serve again?
No... It is a crime to serve twice.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by baloney: 11:17pm On May 13, 2021
Like somebody posted medicine no be bean, I would rather advice you to further your studies go for a master's or similar higher level or grade...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZK9txFtKL8
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by DoctorSB(m): 11:21pm On May 13, 2021
You can reach me through my email "sbadewoyin@gmail.com", and let's take it on from there!

I am presently going to become a Medical Doctor pretty soon (next year God's willing). And I had ND, first degree before enrolling into direct entry to study Medicine and Surgery. Although, it took me 18ysars before I could finally get to achieve my dream of studying Medicine, and I don't have any regret whatsoever!!!

I AM PROUD I AM LIVING MY DREAM TODAY!!!

4 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by danilmo: 11:59pm On May 13, 2021
havigold:
I agree with the term " FOLLOW" your passion and heart in achieving and fulfilling your dreams .... Surely you should but I must remind you that studying "MEDICINE" as a course in Nigerian Universities is not as easy as it sounds.... Especially if you are a lone ranger...
Most students who study this course are either sponsored by their religious organizations, societal clubs , family members , villagers, rich men etc which made the course easy: in return your favours will be required ....

I will like to suggest that you should save enough financially as you embark on the medicine journey because you might not have some spare time for side hustle which leads to frustration, succidal thoughts and withdrawal from study .... Lest you forget with your age blinking in your face ....
In summary it is a great choice , as per it saves Humanity .

I'm the true definition of ur comment.. I'm a 500l medic..

I'm just reading comment since,laughing in my fustration and I'm like if I tell op to focus on another aspect of life with realistic reason now he won't believe me, there is more to life than passionate medicine. The course is damn too stressful , I cry daily cox @my mid 20s wen I'm suppose to be exploring, making money, rearranging my life ,now everything is on top book, reading and reading non stop. Kai.. Well since op said passion, ah I won't discourage him o but believe me almost all of us who filled MBBS at the beginning did that out of passion, I even wrote jamb like 3times becox of medicine and I can tell u now that 65% of my classmate are already giving up on the so called Almighty MBBS, the stress, finance, suffering, Tough exams, some repeated(some of my guys are already repeating class, warfed/failed out(30 student failed out in the last part 1 mbbs in my school after all the stress of getting admitted), learning from 8am to 4/5pm Monday to Friday no rest, brain drain. Kai..

Infact getting MBBS is now more tougher than usual, u gaz read and smash 300+ to get in.. I had 270 6years ago and I was like starboy, this days with 300 too u might not get in, waec must be on top notch.. So imaging what u will be using to 20s to do, I belief 20s in a mans life is a golden year and his entire life depends on what he used it to do. Just do what u feel ll make u happy

Abeg op, have a rethink, there is much to life than passionate stuff.. Go to IT, do business and make money biko.. My 2%.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by GboyegaD(m): 12:25am On May 14, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,
I am in a state of dilemma now. Choosing between going for masters and pursuing my passion of studying medicine is quite difficult for me.

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medicine for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

I hope to go pick up a JAMB form this week to pursue my passion and happiness. I will not want to make any mistake here. So I believe hearing from people who have been in this shoe will guide me.

Have you been in this situation?
Did you pursue your passion?
Please share your story, age at which this decision was taken and how it has impacted your life.

This will go a long way in guiding me through this critical decision.

Thank you

Have you also considered Direct Entry to study medicine?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by OLULAW: 3:21am On May 14, 2021
Hollawayn05:
You still Prety young, u Caan go for it..
After badging HND animal health, some of my young mate still went for Vet medicine, looks so long back den but about 2 of dem already graduated

After badging HND? You really badged it? From which institution did you badge it? Did you learn about badgers? And did you get badges? Were you ever given the opportunity to study English 101? Was that at Nsukka? O ka di egwu oooo.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by kelvinovie25(m): 3:23am On May 14, 2021
The only bsc I got after hnd was handed over to me by binance, I got my bsc from binance ���

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by DanEmakoji(m): 4:05am On May 14, 2021
Spark2:

I'm not sure one will be able to go for the the two options at the same time this year
You can. Purchase DE form and at the same time get JAMB form. My babe tried same and she got DE admission.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Babitee1(f): 4:13am On May 14, 2021
Heathrow44:

Does he do getting job in UK with BSc in nursing ?
. Yes he will give you all the information about job opportunities and everything you need . All you need to do is send him a WhatsApp message. After you guys chat on WhatsApp let me know if you are pleased with the feedback you got and if you will love to give it a shot
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by dunsin125: 5:13am On May 14, 2021
Ussycool:
My story

I am a graduate of Biochem (grad 2017). My dad's friend influence his decision to choose Biochemistry as course for me. I don't like a bit about the course but who am I to say no? I graduate with 3rd class. Now I have picked a Jamb form to study Geology n Mining, I damn love this course.

I am set to pursue my passion. May God help me.
Amen
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by dunsin125: 5:14am On May 14, 2021
Dumte:

Can someone at 32, already a graduate still write waec and jamb to pursue his dream course?
Yes, you can.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by OSESUNATE(m): 6:30am On May 14, 2021
Hahjascho:
Nice one bro.

Can you share your views on how to process DE to medicine....while having a good class of degree?
I entered thru jamb. Its fairer than D.E
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Hollawayn05(m): 6:32am On May 14, 2021
OLULAW:

After badging HND? You really badged it? From which institution did you badge it? Did you learn about badgers? And did you get badges? Were you ever given the opportunity to study English 101? Was that at Nsukka? O ka di egwu oooo.

Olu shay owa okay?

Badge is just a slang

Guess u dint realy allow school pass through you
Koshi Danu Tribalism heGoat
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by onyebuchibossV: 7:30am On May 14, 2021
I studied economics as my first grad course, did nysc but hated the course. Travelled out at 23, started a new degree from foundation here, graduated as a computer Sci bsc at 28. Best decision ever made!
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Evii: 8:01am On May 14, 2021
captainbangz:
Sir! I am currently a 200 level EEE Student. Thanks for this, Any advice?

I nice field of study I must say, I advice you don't settle for anything less than second class(Upper division) b'cos securing a job with this is quite easy than with a lower CGPA. Ignore all the distractions & do away with friends who doesn't have same goal (ambition) with you, just put in all effort for this 5 years of studies so in the end you'll find light at the end of the tunnel.

N.B: knowledge is the secrete of sustainable development that results into unlimited achievement, therefore, investment in knowledge is the gateway to a groundbreaking testimonies.
Wish you all the best sir.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Philipumukoro(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2021
I just moved to the States last year after two years of being married to my wife. To be precise. I barely moved here 6 months and I have already applied for one of their colleges to study cinematography. First, I got my green card. Second, I have applied for their student aid and they have reviewed my application which they said they will get back to my school for further information. This will be my second degree.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by SomehowBROWN(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2021
It is never to late to pursue another degree if that's what u want, u can work and school if u must, it's a good plan. It would b stressful but u would be done and proud in no time.
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,
I am in a state of dilemma now. Choosing between going for masters and pursuing my passion of studying medicine is quite difficult for me.

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medicine for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

I hope to go pick up a JAMB form this week to pursue my passion and happiness. I will not want to make any mistake here. So I believe hearing from people who have been in this shoe will guide me.

Have you been in this situation?
Did you pursue your passion?
Please share your story, age at which this decision was taken and how it has impacted your life.

This will go a long way in guiding me through this critical decision.

Thank you
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by salvo583: 9:29am On May 14, 2021
I bagged a B.sc in Mathematics and after graduating at age 20, I went back to school to fulfil my dad's dream of studying Surveying and Geoinfomatics. I won't say I'm fufilled or not, but I am still happy as it brings food to my table. I'm above 30 right now. If I had an opportunity to leave Nigeria, I wouldn't hesitate to study a medical allied course like Optometry or Pharmacy if I am availed with a full academic pursuit sponsorship. You tend to perform better academically when you follow your passion.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Hassanmaye(m): 10:29am On May 14, 2021
Hollawayn05:
You still Prety young, u Caan go for it..
After badging HND animal health, some of my young mate still went for Vet medicine, looks so long back den but about 2 of dem already graduated
Blood of Zachariah
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Hassanmaye(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2021
damosade:
Yea, after my HND in electrical/electronics.. Still went to bag a Bsc on Information technology.
Is worth it though
Blood of Zachariah which school?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Ejaisky: 11:29am On May 14, 2021
kriss27:
Does it mean that law has no age limit? You practice anytime?
I don't think there is age limit because I have seen matured people going back to study law. He was still young when he went for law.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by captainbangz: 11:54am On May 14, 2021
Evii:

I nice field of study I must say, I advice you don't settle for anything less than second class(Upper division) b'cos securing a job with this is quite easy than with a lower CGPA. Ignore all the distractions & do away with friends who doesn't have same goal (ambition) with you, just put in all effort for this 5 years of studies so in the end you'll find light at the end of the tunnel.

N.B: knowledge is the secrete of sustainable development that results into unlimited achievement, therefore, investment in knowledge is the gateway to a groundbreaking testimonies.
Wish you all the best sir.
Thank you very much Sir! I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Raph82(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2021
Hmmmn, my brother less than 20% of Nigerian graduates had their first degree in the wrong field of interest simply because the system won't permit them to study what their heart desire. U apply for a course, they change it to another course for u. The more reason majority of graduates don't excell after graduation. This is my candid advice, go for what ur heart desires, no matter the circumstance. Ur destiny is lurked to ur passion. U and I have things in common. I've taken the bull by the horn already. Just follow ur mind, follow ur passion and excellence will follow u.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by nan1: 1:25pm On May 14, 2021
very possible my husband did industrial chemistry first degree he had always wanted medicine but couldn't get it before service he wrote jamb again this time he got anatomy he started during 200 level anatomy he was able to get admission into Medicine his joy knew no bounds he managed to complete the anatomy while still doing medicine cos its same school.

Now he is a Medical doctor the anatomy also helped him cos he is now a surgeon. his dreams finally achieved. its not easy i must tell you but determination and persistence is key
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by kriss27(m): 1:47pm On May 14, 2021
Ejaisky:

I don't think there is age limit because I have seen matured people going back to study law. He was still young when he went for law.
Like how many years was he?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by reversedrolez: 2:07pm On May 14, 2021
captainbangz:
please boss, what's your take on elect.elect? currently a 2nd year student.

Elect elect is probably the best engineering course you can study in Nigeria. Make sure you are good at designing systems (whether power or electronic systems) understand most concepts from first principle and get a good 2:1 and above, publish some technical papers... and hold God tight..
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Ejaisky: 3:02pm On May 14, 2021
kriss27:
Like how many years was he?
I didn't ask him. When I knew him was already a lawyer. Like I mentioned earlier he is late now. He had his first degree in the early eighties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aruna Kadiri Visits Turkey Over Arrest Of Nigerian Students (Photos) / Kaduna: Bandits Moved Children Like 'herd Of Cows', How I Escaped - Student / Bukola Saraki Awards Scholarship To Best Law Students Of Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.