Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter (28137 Views)

I Was Caught For Bypassing My Meter, What Should Be My Next Action Pls? / Khafi Kareem: I Was Raped. Why I Didn't Report My Rapist / How To Report To Nigerian Army, Cases Of Misbehavior, Abuse By Military Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by donbrowser(m): 7:15am On May 10, 2021
Fragility6:
Na just 5k bribe dem go use know who snitch n wen dem know,u see dat ur front teeth,dem go comot 4. Mind ur modaf*cking bizness for God's sake. Awon discovery channel

Did you read what he wrote well?
I used to have a landlord like that, he will show you shege if you refuse to pay your Nepa bills but at the end of the day, he doesn't pay any Nepa.

If I were the guy, I will report him after leaving that house.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by meetyaduma: 7:17am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
So I discovered that my landlord bypassed his meter because our light git spoilt and I was trying to fix it. This is the same man that you cannot owe light bill. I had a disagreement with him so he already gave me quit notice. So now that I know that all the money I have ever paid him has been pocketed I want to report him but my friend said it's not necessary that I am already leaving the house. I'm I totally wrong

He said he is about leaving the house. The landlord gave him notice! So I guess after leaving for one week, he can report him on stealth mode!
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Nobody: 7:17am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
So I discovered that my landlord bypassed his meter because our light git spoilt and I was trying to fix it. This is the same man that you cannot owe light bill. I had a disagreement with him so he already gave me quit notice. So now that I know that all the money I have ever paid him has been pocketed I want to report him but my friend said it's not necessary that I am already leaving the house. I'm I totally wrong

Report him, let him pay 50k or go to prison
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Tzar(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2021
Mr. vengeful tenant, you are absolutely right to report your landlord. Such people will hypocritically scream how corrupt Nigerian politicians are, but they also steal whatever they can at every little opportunity.
I cannot also hide my observation that you only got this "righteous" after you got an unwanted eviction notice. I bet if the landlord allowed you owe him endlessly and/or did not give you an eviction notice, you won't bother to report o.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2021
Like I ways say;

Since the day I discovered how sacrosanct life is, Avoiding trouble has become my hobby.

Those landlords can very fettish and evil at times. Just take precaution and japa in peace.. Make the stupid PHCN discover themselves.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by tamdun: 7:21am On May 10, 2021
you've been enjoying the stealing with ur landlord but u decided to report him now because he gave u a quit notice angry, both of una be thief
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:

Totally anonymous.

https://www.ikejaelectric.com/report-energy-theft-and-by-pass/

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by intruder15(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2021
Fragility6:
Na just 5k bribe dem go use know who snitch n wen dem know,u see dat ur front teeth,dem go comot 4. Mind ur modaf*cking bizness for God's sake. Awon discovery channel

Na mind ur business mind ur business make Nigeria scatter like this. Well, e don scatter already. Make e de scatter de go.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by DWJOBScom(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2021
iammo:
cool

In Nigeria, always learn to avoid trouble as trouble wahala and gobe are very very expensive

It's right to report Theft of Electricity and Utility services as a patriotic Nigerian.. but always remember that whatever can lead to altercation which can snow ball to Hospital or Police Station just avoid it

Least bail is 10k in most police station, least deposit a Clinic would receive before treating you is about 10k also... So avoid any wahala if you don't have Atleast 50 k to spare

So we should also avoid the wahala happening in Nigeria as well??

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by dennisworld1(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2021
Nah craze dey your head. U better mind or focus ur way
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by DWJOBScom(m): 7:26am On May 10, 2021
intruder15:

Na mind ur business mind ur business make Nigeria scatter like this. Well, e don scatter already. Make e de scatter de go.

Don't mind them
That's how to shield wrongs
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by vineyardfarms: 7:27am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:

Remember landlord have strong union and that could affect your re-location. Your land -lord might be doing the illegal connection with the aid of the ELECT agent attach to that street / area. I will advice you leave peacefully. There is no good way to do a bad thing - he will be caught one day.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by deavicky(m): 7:27am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
they won't do him anything if u report him. It may interest you to know the bypass might even be done by Nepa staff themselves.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by JohnBullMySon: 7:31am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
Oga find a way to report him secretly because they will find out later, when they discover his meter is not remitting money. Then amount all of you will pay won't be funny.

But if you're leaving the house, I'll advise you to confront him and threaten him.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by omoalaafin: 7:33am On May 10, 2021
You may need to report him because if PHCN discovers by themselves, everyone connected to that meter may be arrested and prosecuted. Energy theft is a serious crime these days. If we all turn our eyes away from crimes close to us, what legacy would we be leaving for our children. A better Nigeria begins with you.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by SoftChordz: 7:34am On May 10, 2021
This fucker already knew about it, you already knew your landlord bypassed the meter is just that he gave u quit notice and now you're trying to get back at him.. revenge abi??! Go ahead joor, nowadays I no de beg anyone to run away from problem when Dem wan chase problem. By all means go ahead plss.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by frozen70(f): 7:38am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:

You can report him to NEPA office and ask them to hide your identity

Just give them full details of what you observe

You can even do that while still living there and he won't suspect you
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by JoseRaji(m): 7:40am On May 10, 2021
marveangel:
Under bridge dy hungry you abi
Person wey them don give quit notice.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by walozanga(m): 7:41am On May 10, 2021
u no know wer police station dey. Which kind yeye post.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by 1F30M4(f): 7:45am On May 10, 2021
To be fair, take GAZZUZZ's advice.

Nonetheless, make strategic moves to leave that house as soon as you can

If you already had an altercation with the landlord over this issue which I'm guessing that was why he gave you quit notice in the first place, common instincts will tell him you were the one that rat him out. He'll definitely know but that shouldn't deter you if you want to do the right thing.. Nigeria is a very crazy place hence I won't advise you to go to any damn office.. You may not know if the officials are all aware and your landlord has probably been wetting their palms with the money he collects from y'all.. Anonymous tip won't do nothing, it's a case of the highest bidder takes all so be guided, if your landlord gives them a better offer, they won't bat an eyelid to give him specific descriptions about you.. Just leave that house pere.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Investtorr: 7:50am On May 10, 2021
Report him ASAP.... What nonsense
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Emmanitebest: 7:52am On May 10, 2021
What is the point of reporting him, are we getting the light we are paying for.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Cnach: 7:53am On May 10, 2021
chrisxxx:
In Civic Education that is one of the duties of a good citizen, we were taught then
They no teacher u make u no dey vote bad people into leadership?
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by princeogbeide1(m): 7:53am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:

You are a fool..
You were once a SARS informant. Now you got no job.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by femi4: 7:57am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
Report him, infact they are paying whistle blower right now. You can make cool cash by reporting him
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by coolcare(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2021
iammo:
cool

In Nigeria, always learn to avoid trouble as trouble wahala and gobe are very very expensive

It's right to report Theft of Electricity and Utility services as a patriotic Nigerian.. but always remember that whatever can lead to altercation which can snow ball to Hospital or Police Station just avoid it

Least bail is 10k in most police station, least deposit a Clinic would receive before treating you is about 10k also... So avoid any wahala if you don't have Atleast 50 k to spare

In addition the NEPA will not make it anonymous instead.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Ferdinandu(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:
if you report him then from 500k to one million naira bill that they are going to slash on him. You don kill that man be that
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by kollysnut(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2021
sammymax:

call customer care ...its not hard, but remember ur quit notice will follow.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by ivolt: 8:03am On May 10, 2021
This thread further confirms that an average Nigerian is as corrupt as those they curse daily.
See them justifying theft.
We have a long way to go.
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Schprobs: 8:14am On May 10, 2021
Do u have the light u pay for?
If u report him how it benefits u?
When nepa brings crazy bills who do u report too?
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by Schprobs: 8:17am On May 10, 2021
ivolt:
This thread further confirms that an average Nigerian is as corrupt as those they curse daily.
See them justifying theft.
We have a long way to go.

When phcn are giving us crazy bills
Who probe them?
Re: I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter by blaise26abj(m): 8:24am On May 10, 2021
ictjobber:
Please do... Please

There's nothing I hate more than corrupt people who go around insulting corrupt politicians.....

Also a toxic person can infect you like toxins infect the human body. That your friend wey tell you say e no dey necessary to report the man you gets dey dey careful around am. Dishonest people always stick up for each other and that your friend is as dishonest as they come.

God bless you . Almost Everyone is saying “mind your business” yet they want a government that works.

@Op : go to the customer care unit of the disco that supplies you and report without giving your name . Give the address and walk away ! They will investigate and trust me, they will deal with him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 3 Men On Their Way To Farm In Edo (Graphic Photos) / #endsars: 5 Reasons Why SARS Must Not Be Abolished By Nwachibuzor / Man Lives With Corpse For 72 Hours To Conceal Crime In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.