Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season (29267 Views)

Arsenal Will Officially Be Playing Champions League Football Next Season / Chelsea Qualify For Champions League Football Next Season / Which African Teams Will Likely Be A Problem For The Super Eagles In AFCON 2021? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by obembet(f): 7:06am On May 10, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus slumped to a disappointing 3 nil defeat at the hands of AC Milan at the Allianz Arena courtsey of goals from Brahim Diaz, Ante Rebic and Fikayo Tomori.
Cristiano Ronaldo's Juventus will miss Champions League qualification and go to the Europa League unless a team above them slips up in the final three games.

Juventus are presently 5th on the log, 1 point behind 4th placed Napoli, with only 3 games left to go, Juventus might find themselves in the Europa League next season. Juve's form is not encouraging at all, this is the worst we have seen the club in over 10 years, despite having arguably one of the Greatest Player in history, it will take a miracle for the old ladies to finish in the Top 4.

Cristiano Ronaldo this season has blanked (failed to score) against Atalanta, Milan, Napoli, Inter, Porto and Fiorentina.

He has disappeared in the most crucial games this season, he's one of the main reasons why Juventus are potentially going to Europa League. So much for a "big game player".

Juventus signed Ronaldo because they wanted to win the Champions league and now they are heading to the Europa league.

Source: https://twitter.com/goal/status/1391493720856485896?s=09

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by SMUAG(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2021
I trust Inter, they will do d needful no doubt, sending CR7 to Europa so he help Juve win trophy outside Italy. The two na still Europe, e no mean..lol

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by xpressionx(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2021
He's still a great player

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by paulolee(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2021
thats my wish as a proud barca fan...was so happy seeing milan win last nite even after dt useless psg ruined by nite by bombing my 38k ticket..
its 3 games remaining n going by my little analysis on dt league, i think juve goin to ucl depends on how serious they are and they also need a piece of luck to play in UCL
1..atalanta in 2nd with 72 points n the best form among d rest have benevento at home, genoa away n milan at home to play.
2..Milan in 3rd with 72 points n a good form have Torino away, Cagliari at home n Atlanta away to play
3..Napoli in 4th with 70 points n a nice form with oshimhen no scoring goals have udinese at home n fiorentina away n verona at home to play..
4..Juve in 5th with 69 points have sassuolo away, inter at home n bologna away to play..
it means juve have to win all its game including dt of inter to qualify and pray the other 3 teams drops points and dts where luck is needed, also Milan n atalanta jus need two wins n a draw to end in top4 n they both play each other on d last day of the season....
seriously Europa league would be more interesting with cr7 in it...

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by paulolee(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2021
SMUAG:
I trust Inter, they will do d needful no doubt, sending CR7 to Europa so he help Juve win trophy outside Italy. The two na still Europe, e no mean..lol
yeah...I pray so too but I think inter would make it easy for Juve bcoz they are already champions n they would use infringe players to Gv them enough game time just as they did against sampdoria bt I dnt see conte losing dt game, maybe a draw is Owkay..
cr7 fans would still crowd here n say he is the top scorer and start blaming the coach, the whole juve squad and even blame d owner of juve join, but if things go well as planned for cr7 they would say cr7 do carry mediocre teams all alone like he did with Portugal unlike messi.....hypocrites

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by EndNigeriaNoow: 7:33am On May 10, 2021
CR7 is the highest goal scorer in seria A this season...meaning he gave the team his best but the coach failed to utilize it for juvy's favour. very early to the start of the season, the stupid coach neglected CR7 and benched him in some matches which juvy later drew or lost but would have possibly won if CR7 was in the team. The coach is not a serious coach. His mistakes brought down the morals of juvy players, towards the end of the season.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by paulolee(m): 7:36am On May 10, 2021
xpressionx:
He's still a great player
yes n nobody is arguing that but Juve playing europa cup next season would be a big slap on his face n a dent on his career..
how do u explain to fans dt a club dt won league title for 9yrs consecutively, broke d bank n made a huge transfer because they planned winning the UCL n suddenly end up in Europa league??
Owkaay....i think when mr new challenge said he wants to Gv juve European glory, he was also referring to Europa cup....na juve i blame bcoz dem bin no ask am which of the European glory...

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by McGg: 7:48am On May 10, 2021
I still blame it on the covid 19 pandemic
What about Arsenal?

1 Like

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by SMUAG(m): 7:54am On May 10, 2021
paulolee:

yeah...I pray so too but I think inter would make it easy for Juve bcoz they are already champions n they would use infringe players to Gv them enough game time just as they did against sampdoria..
am hoping sasulo n bologna to steal points from them bcoz both teams need points too..
cr7 fans would still crowd here n blame the coach n bad players for Juve bad seasons jus like dey did with alegri n sarri, but when things go well, they would say cr7 do carry his team all alone....hypocrites...

Especially that his sister that can't keep her mouth one place.
Inter will definitely do the damage, pride is at stake here and I think Conte and Lukaku will want to go all out with the last blow.
Pushing Juve to europa will affect them psychologically and Conte and his boys need that for next season campaign....

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by phr0nesis(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2021
When they were busy employing bad coaches, how do you expect them to perform well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by ojaysam25(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2021
This is ronaldo most prolific season at turin....juve were undone by signing a rookie coach....when last did they kept a clean sheet...
For juve to have won serie a ronaldo most score 80 goals in serie A and 60goals for top 4...and i dont think there is any player that has done that....he might likely win the golden boot missing out on the top4...
where did he go wrong this season..... and if they manage to see top4 he is likely to be the man to propelled them....if not for his herotic agAinst udinese they would have been out of the race by now.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by paulolee(m): 8:06am On May 10, 2021
SMUAG:

Especially that his sister that can't keep her mouth one place.
Inter will definitely do the damage, pride is as stake here and I think Conte and Lukaku will want to go all out with the last blow.
Pushing Juve to europa will affect them psychologically and Conte and his boys need that for next season campaign....
that would be my biggest wish this weekend...I hope inter do the damage this weekend because even sassoulo may get a draw from that juve team dt i saw last nite...
but my problem is dt all these Italian clubs aint reliable, I mean clubs like ac milan n napoli can still go ahead and drop points in dt remaining 3 fixtures and Gv juve easy access to dt top4...
inter was in europa last season, Napoli played this season n even the Almighty zlatan n milan did Europa this season, so who d hell is Juve n cr7 for creating so much buzz about playing in Europa?
Juve were just too poor this season n it would take a miracle for DM to escape dt drop..

12 Likes

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by SMUAG(m): 8:27am On May 10, 2021
paulolee:

that would be my biggest prayer point next weekend...I pray inter do the damage next weekend because even a draw is enough to knock them out of UCL..
but my fear is dt all these Italian clubs aint reliable, I mean clubs like ac milan n napoli can still go ahead and drop points in dt remaining 3 fixtures and Gv juve easy road to dt top4..
juve were soo bad this season and dont deserve dt UCL qualification, they need to play in dt Europa n cnt wait to see cr7 playing in europa n breaking records there or if he would run away to PSG or china...lets wait n see shaa..

Brother, it is very possible coz Conte will definitely wants to inflict serious pain on Juve going into next season. Sending them to europa will demoralised Juve's players spirits for next season, by either losing their top key players to other clubs or still playing the same number of matches as when they are in the Champions League but in an inferior version...lol

11 Likes

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by obembet(f): 8:47am On May 10, 2021
phr0nesis:
When they were busy employing bad coaches, how do you expect them to perform well

I wonder why they blame the highest goal scorer in the team when the team plays so badly. Nobody wants to point out the inexperience of Pirlo, just Ronaldo up and down.
Well that's what you get when you're the best.

Lalasticlala

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2021
obembet:

I wonder why they blame the highest goal scorer in the team when the team plays so badly. Nobody wants to point out the inexperience of Pirlo, just Ronaldo up and down.

Lalasticlala
You wonder why?? The answer is not far fetched. Its simply because he takes the team glory when all was well.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:06am On May 10, 2021
paulolee:

yeah...I pray so too but I think inter would make it easy for Juve bcoz they are already champions n they would use infringe players to Gv them enough game time just as they did against sampdoria..
am hoping sasulo n bologna to steal points from them bcoz both teams need points too..
cr7 fans would still crowd here n blame the coach n bad players for Juve bad seasons jus like dey did with alegri n sarri, but when things go well, they would say cr7 do carry his team all alone....hypocrites...
I still don't see them playing Europa league next season cos I dont trust the Italian FA.

1 Like

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by ThierryJay: 9:15am On May 10, 2021
Y'all CR7 fans better start pricing Startimes now o so you can watch your GOAT on Thursday night grin grin grin

In other news, Cristiano tears the net with his first penalty goal against Galilee FC in Europa.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2021
ojaysam25:
This is ronaldo most prolific season at turin....juve were undone by signing a rookie coach....when last did they kept a clean sheet...
For juve to have won serie a ronaldo most score 80 goals in serie A and 60goals for top 4...and i dont think there is any player that has done that....he might likely win the golden boot missing out on the top4...
where did he go wrong this season..... and if they manage to see top4 he is likely to be the man to propelled them....if not for his herotic agAinst udinese they would have been out of the race by now.
Bro, he has done well on a personal level. Messi has been doing this for year but still face criticism especially from CR7 fans any season he's unable to bring the league to camp nou. Last 2 seasons, he won Europeans golden boot. Last season he topped the goal and assist chart. Despite a slow start to this season, he's still leading the goal chart but who cares if he can't deliver la liga. The only difference here is CL football for next season is secured.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:18am On May 10, 2021
ThierryJay:
Y'all CR7 fans better start pricing Startimes now o so you can watch your GOAT on Thursday bight lol!
Europa League final will be Juventus vs Real Betis

14 Likes

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by ThierryJay: 9:19am On May 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:

CR for Ballon D'or after scoring hat trick to dismantle Betis!

Meanwhile, Ronaldo getting goat shouts when he scores 4 goals each against Antioch, Thessaloniki and Galatia.

His fans be like: The GOAT is conquering new territories and provinces. Even Apostle Paul sef dey learn from him grin

obonujoker, where art thou

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

CR for Ballon D'or after scoring hat trick to dismantle Betis!
grin grin grin
Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by Mosesvic11(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2021
paulolee:

yes n nobody is arguing that but Juve playing europa cup next season would be a big slap on his face n a dent in his career..
how do u explain to fans dt a club dt won league title for 8yrs consecutively made a huge transfer because they planned winning the UCL n suddenly end up in Europa league??
maybe when mr new challenge said he wants to Gv juve European glory, he was also referring to Europa cup....na juve bin no aosk am which of the European glory...
Every team pass through hard times in the game of football... Where was inter, ac Milan, Atalanta, when juve where winning the league back to back? This has to show that, the is be coming more competitive now than before.... Juve failed to invest in the right position and other teams take advantage of that... Inter invest more than Juve in recent season, they brought in good players and coache... But juve only sign players that are not doing well in their previous teams, and allow some of their fine players go. Personally I would love CR7 to play Europa league next season... He need it.

2 Likes

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by Luigi02(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Juve won't make it to the final lol. Teams like Man Utd, Ajax & sebilla would drop from UCL to Europa, and it's gone be a huge blow for them. Plus let's pray Liverpool doesn't drop to Europa next season grin

14 Likes

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by Mosesvic11(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You wonder why?? The answer is not far fetched. Its simply because he takes the team glory when all was well.
You are not honest... Because he actually contribute more than others.... Don't give me any analysis that doesn't mean anything... If you score goals, you win matches but if you fail, you will be defeated just like juve yesterday and man city,..if all the players can contribute the way he did juve would have been singing by now..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by phr0nesis(m): 9:33am On May 10, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala
I'll advise Juve to sack Pirlo and replace him with Hansi Flick.

I really don't understand this Atlanta team. You won't see them anywhere at the start or even middle of the season, then end of season, they are either second or third

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by xynerise: 9:45am On May 10, 2021
There is still chance of him playing. Still 3 games to go
Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2021
Luigi02:

Juve won't make it to the final lol. Teams like Man Utd, Ajax & sebilla would drop from UCL to Europa, and it's gone be a huge blow for them. Plus let's pray Liverpool doesn't drop to Europa next season grin
its nothing serious....just a mild joke
Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by OJEEMAH(m): 9:59am On May 10, 2021
Mosesvic11:
You are not honest... Because he actually contribute more than others.... Don't give me any analysis that doesn't mean anything... If you score goals, you win matches but if you fail, you will be defeated just like juve yesterday and man city,..if all the players can contribute the way he did juve would have been singing by now..
if you give him all the glory when the team wins then he should be ready to share part of the blame when they lose as well.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by Gbest90(m): 10:28am On May 10, 2021
Lolz.

Wow. Next Seasons Europa will be a bang!!!

And to imagine the likes of Man Utd and co. will join from the Champions League. grin cheesy grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by Raydos: 10:40am On May 10, 2021
What if Juventus Themselves slips again?

They're playing inter Milan next match remember??

1 Like

Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by Ousmann: 11:13am On May 10, 2021
How the mighty have fallen
Re: As Things Stand, CR7 Will Likely Be Playing Europa League Football Next Season by psychologist(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2021
From all of us at Barcelona

We wish him well down that lane grin

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FIFA U17WC: Meet Africa’s Four Representatives To Brazil / Full Stadium At Rangers Vs Heartland Match (Photos) / Oshoala Scores Twice As Barcelona Defeat Sociedad 10:1 To Win The Super Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.