Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death (38212 Views)

Tinubu Visits Pastor Adeboye Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Igboho: People Run Away When They Feel They Won’t Get Justice – Jimi Agbaje / “I Never Insulted Buhari, It Is You Journalists That Misquoted Me” Says Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Maxymilliano(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2021

Monday, 10 May 2021 05:41

“People misquoted me, I didn’t mean to mock Adeboye over son’s death”,- Sunday Igboho

Popular Yoruba nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, (aka Sunday Igboho) has made a u-turn, praying that the soul of Pastor Enoch Adeboye’s son, Dare rests in peace.

Recall that Sunday Igboho, during a live Facebook video with Olayomi Koiki on Saturday, refused to sympathise with Pastor Adeboye when he was told to do so.

He said the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God would not be commiserated with because he does not support the Yoruba nation.

Igboho did not mince words when he rained curses on any leader or Pastor who refuses to support the secession agenda, saying God will kill their children and wives.

“Has Baba supported the Yoruba nation that we will now be greeting him? We don’t need to greet Adeboye. What is my own with that? We are not doing church here. This is not religion.

“Pastor Adeboye didn’t speak about the Yoruba nation. Look at the number of crowd in Baba Adeboye’s church. Is he not supposed to tell all of them to join the Yoruba nation? We don’t need to greet him.

“By the grace of God, anybody who says Yoruba will not get to the promised land, God will kill their children and wives and their entire family,” he said

The comment generated outrage from Nigerians, who condemned the activist for being insensitive to the present ordeal of the septuagenarian.

With the bashings on social media, Sunday Igboho has come out to deny mocking Adeboye, “saying may our father live long.”

Adeyemo claimed he was misquoted, adding that he only rained curses on the enemies of the Yoruba race.

“They said I mocked Pastor Adeboye, I didn’t mock that man. He is our father. I wasn’t talking to him. I don’t know him and he does not know me. I am a Christian. Had it been that I am a Muslim, they would have said I’m trying to be religious intolerant. I was only saying the Yoruba nation is not a religious matter. We accommodate Muslims, Christians and traditionalists. I didn’t insult that man. People just misquoted me by cutting that part of the video. Did I mock him? I didn’t say anything concerning him.

“I was asked a question about the death of his son, how will I mock him over his son’s death. I can’t pray that his son should die. I didn’t say anything negative about him. I said all elders who have the power to assist the Yoruba race but choose not to, I rained curses on them.

“God who created us knows when we will go back. Whoever mocks the dead will also die one day. We all will die. How will I mock the dead? I didn’t insult the deceased son. May God forgive the dead and may his soul rest in peace. May our father live long,” Sunday Igboho stated.

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/29396-people-misquoted-me-i-didn-t-mean-to-mock-adeboye-over-son-s-death-sunday-igboho/post

30 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Nobody: 8:42am On May 10, 2021
lipsrsealed

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Akinsete19(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2021
I thought as much

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Favemmzar200(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2021
Which kind of damage control is this, we literarily watched the video and you are here saying what angry

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Bornsinner7: 8:42am On May 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:42am On May 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/29396-people-misquoted-me-i-didn-t-mean-to-mock-adeboye-over-son-s-death-sunday-igboho/post

He is a politician. I am not surprised. Yoruba nation already exists in different countries Yoruba people are in their large numbers. Anyone giving money to Sunday Igboho for any Yoruba nation is wasting his money. Incidentally, this was the same way Gani Adams started too by insulting everyone starting from Late Dr. Fashehun until he got & stole the OPC idea from the old man. Igboho, unlike, Gani Adams, is a core politician and confirmed PDP thug.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by BigBrother54321: 8:42am On May 10, 2021
Just apologize and move on.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by MarveworldG: 8:42am On May 10, 2021
Here's the world, here's your tongue. You can make or Mar the world with your tongue.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by ybalogs(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2021
This guy is just too unstable for my liking.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Authoreety: 8:43am On May 10, 2021
The damage has been done

12 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by sammysmiles(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2021
He said he rained curses on the elders that doesn't support the yoruba movement and he said adeboye did not move his large congregation to support the yoruba movement which implies adeboye does not support the yoruba movement, so is there any difference in what he is saying

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Nuelito: 8:43am On May 10, 2021
Smh... this matter get as e be
Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Goldencheese(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2021
Sunday Igboho, I like your fearlessness and your courage, not like the cowardly elders we have in the south who have sold their consciences and strength for loaves of bread from the national bakery controlled by the Fulani. But you need to create more friends within the South-West and Southern region and not enemies.

But sometimes, your brashness is needed to wake up these sleeping godforsaken elders who have sold the south as slaves to an unworthy Fulani north.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Antoeni(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2021
Sunday igboho keeps disgracing his followers right, left and cente

The best is to refrain him from speaking.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by KnightsTemplar(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2021
When you have a stark illitrate, championing the cause for a Yoruba nation, very funny. He should know that religion and politics does not mix, so he has no basis dragging Pastor Adebayo into his secession agenda.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by valentinenkem: 8:43am On May 10, 2021
U are forgiven now, it is well

6 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by oshonky: 8:43am On May 10, 2021
Accept his sincere condolence please, he might have spoken out of anger and anxiety

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Buliwyf: 8:43am On May 10, 2021
This is what happens when people talk too much. Nobody is a saint though. We all exhibit bad judgement at times.

Even Adeboye himself when people were dying of COVID in their millions last year, he was insensitive and was saying that his god wanted to show the world of his power. Now today it is his turn and people are also insensitive to his pains too.

None of us are good people. Not pastors, not the followers, not the imams and not even the atheists. We are all just trying to make sense of this life that we do not really understand.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Aufbauh(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2021
Ogbeni quickly retract his words cus he knows that he has crossed the red line.

Pst Adeboye is not an ordinary Yoruba figure, he's a father figure to most Yorubas whether a Christian or Muslim.
There's virtually no Yoruba family that you won't see an RCCG member, so if you go against their Daddy then you're doomed. Tinubu the Jagaban knows this.
Even Dr Oyedepo regards Pst Adeboye as his Daddy in the Lord.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by InaNla(f): 8:44am On May 10, 2021
Yeye fowl

1 Like

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Goldbw122(m): 8:44am On May 10, 2021
You seat on a fire and u expect make fire nor burn you abi.. I dont think so, well make you apologize make u for get peace, next time learn your lesson and tame your tongue..
Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Andyvilly: 8:45am On May 10, 2021
What is fuocked cannot be un----

1 Like

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by iretemide(f): 8:45am On May 10, 2021
Talking too much brings excessive irrelevance to your personality. He who spares his words, spares his life.
Even a fool is taken as wise if he remain silent.

15 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Dialpad: 8:45am On May 10, 2021
Regardless of the situation, do not mock the bereaved.

He must have lost respect of many.

4 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by SenatePresdo(m): 8:45am On May 10, 2021
We Yoruba people will never support Sunday Igboho on the Demonic Oduduwa republic.

We Don't have the wherewithal to be an Independent country.
Imagine not being in the same country with Igbos, we will be finished.

Igboho is Working for IPOB, they want us to leave Nigeria so that we would go and Die of Hunger and Rot in our villages while being pursued by stick carrying herdsmen to Benin IDP camp.

It won't work. grin

4 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Vlupos: 8:45am On May 10, 2021
Don't miss this great opportunity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Vlupos: 8:45am On May 10, 2021
He is feeling like a celeb now

1 Like

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by Koryc: 8:45am On May 10, 2021
See your life, media hype is getting into his head.

6 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death by design108: 8:45am On May 10, 2021
grin grin

Shay someone said it here that he'll backpedal the moment he realizes his fan base wasn't going to back him on this.
No be only misquote.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full List Of 20 Commissioner-Nominees by Governor Soludo / Lagos Commissioner, Tokunbo Wahab Shares Photo Of Houses Blocking Canal / 2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.