Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) (60909 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / The Newly Constructed Kawu Bridge In Kaduna State / Petrol Tanker Explosion In Okene, Kogi State (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by jamace(m): 12:14pm On May 10, 2021
The contractor and his engineer should be arrested.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by decashempire(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.

The governor should be held accountable for the award contract (political award contract)
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by afolarin60591: 12:23pm On May 10, 2021
:And he de mobilize for 2023 campaign
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 10, 2021
Antoeni:
Yahooya Bello & Okezie Ikpeazu Are the Worst Nigeria Governors In History
remove my governor from that statement.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 12:26pm On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
If I hear say Desmond Cause this one, na heavy thunder I go send give that person.

i knew you were on nairaland sir wink..
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by sisisioge: 12:30pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:
I don’t think seven days is enough for a concrete to curate and obtain a certain degree of strength, that is, if it was commissioned immediately after casting.

From my observations looking at the structural status, I think the Contractor should be held responsible for this disaster.

I just don’t want to believe it’s Y12 rods I’m seeing there. Even the broken concretes are looking uncured. They should hold the Engineer responsible and not the Governor.

The governor is our interface- project sponsor, the onus is on him to deliver a quality assured project to us. This is an embarrassment!
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by temitope27(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
If I hear say Desmond Cause this one, na heavy thunder I go send give that person.
awon Ryan Desmond noni
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Sonoyom(m): 12:37pm On May 10, 2021
Yahaya Bello is a disaster, he will soon become presidiot of Nigeria.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by COMPAQ(m): 12:39pm On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1391624514472132609

That's Nigeria for you. If they wan to give this job to KB now, we will say Nigerian engineers are capable. Na im be that!
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by sniperr007(m): 12:41pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Both oh.

Don't they have a Department that approves or certifies a product.

With the current system in nigeria that the head micromanage everyone. We blame the governor.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by sulaak(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Nigerians voted for president, now that the president has failed, are Nigerians holding themselves accountable for the President’s incompetency or the President?

Instead of you to ask who appointed the commissioners that appointed the government structure Engineer, why not ask who voted the Governor that appointed the commissioners that appointed the government structure engineer? Then hold the masses responsible for voting for the Governor.

I know it’s typical for a Nigerian to attack their leaders over anything, but try learn how to hold the right people responsible for anything.

Have a nice day.

Leadership is the art of motivating a group of people to act toward achieving a common goal.

I have seen the state of hospitals in Kogi states under this governor, it's obvious Bello leadership is about self-aggregation and not for the improvement of the well being of the local indigene.

If the governor has demonstrated leadership by enforcing the law against bad practice and corruption, maybe the contractors will think twice before constructing this disgraceful bridge.

How many Nigerians voted for Buhari (15 million counted in a population of 200 million
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Sleekfingers: 1:03pm On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

make una see nigeria next president oooooooo...........
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by olmoRoc: 1:15pm On May 10, 2021
Naija!!!

That Yayah Jamel wannabe should hold his head in shame for making a fool of his administration.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Edojoma(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Bro dats it oo,, I'm even shock to my bone marrow...

It's clear dat dey didn't even do soil investigation to know d bearing capacity n determine d type of foundation to use..

D client's consultant should b held responsible as well, cos he was supoz to check d quality of job done if it fits d design....

Or I'm thinking dey used quacks or paddy paddy contractors dat pay homage directly to d state govt..
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by ALABACONNECT(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

12mm rod, Uncured concrete and poor concrete mix. Everything is just wrong �
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Awoleesu(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

Headline should be "Ozuma Culvert constructed by Yahaya Bello collapses ..."
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by galaxy2020(m): 2:32pm On May 10, 2021
Blackman101:
Naija, which way. haba see the type of iron used to construct a bridge oh
...who uses 10mm rod to construct bridge?
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Milly19(m): 2:37pm On May 10, 2021
And nothing do the bridge before oooo Let me use d word healthy as in d bridge is Normal They demolished it that dey want to renovate it. See where it come land now
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by EdwardRandy(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2021
Administration1:
Desmond was the contractor. lipsrsealed
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by sojfarm: 3:15pm On May 10, 2021
That is the plan. It was not built to last. Even the one week exceeded the 3 days expectation.

That is the kind of of work he will encourage if he become president.

Desmond geng!!!
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Depressed101: 3:17pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

chop and clean mouth engineer, I'm sure he did not calculate how much ton the bridge can handle before using those rods.. What a failure of a country after them go dey complain say you give Lebanese contract
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by sojfarm: 3:19pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

Was it not supervised by government representative. The number one citizen of the state takes responsibility please.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Angeltjazz2017(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2021
Administration1:

Na Elliot caused am no be be Desmond please don’t curse me
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Didi2d(m): 4:07pm On May 10, 2021
But why is it that Nigerian government can't construct beautiful road/ bridge.

Just look at what a governor commissioned.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by 900warriorz: 4:07pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

You know how much them pay contractor to construct a standard bridge for them? grin
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by McEphiks(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2021
lalasticlala:

Hold the contractor

Na the governor be the engineer?
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Lovecars501(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

What if the governor payed less than he was supposed to pay
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by merits(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2021
Administration1:

Na Desmond Elliot cause am,do your worst am waiting.

Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Perfectbeing(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

He should be blamed. If it was one of his personal building or estates, good and competent engineers would be used and you won't see defects like this in the project..
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by Immaculate2324: 7:04pm On May 10, 2021
NIGERIA
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by lolu2019: 7:10pm On May 10, 2021
That's what you get when u dey fire work.where u dey run to.u think say person wey give u contract nah mumu.
Re: Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) by benitwater(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2021
donstan18:

it look as if work is still ongoing, seems the truck wanted to offload the laterite for filling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / Air Peace Staff Land In London In Ishiagu Attire, Sparking Outrage In Nigeria / People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.