Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? (22679 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / List Of Nigeria Air Force Ranks In Seniority Order / 4 Factors To Help You Determine Which Business To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by evansjeff(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2021
olumzzz:

If you've worked in public service, you will know that such appointments isn't made based on the day you came in but by who you know or who your godfather is
Oga, I work in the public service and I know what’s I’m saying. Take note that there’s a difference between the appointment I hitherto listed and political appointments.
Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by olumzzz(m): 11:26pm On May 12, 2021
evansjeff:

Oga, I work in the public service and I know what’s I’m saying. Take note that there’s a difference between the appointment I hitherto listed and political appointments.
You're contradicting yourself o.
All the appointments you listed are political except Director (DG, CEO, Perm Sec, etc).
Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by evansjeff(m): 6:00am On May 13, 2021
olumzzz:

You're contradicting yourself o.
All the appointments you listed are political except Director (DG, CEO, Perm Sec, etc).

Thank you. You’re right

1 Like

Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by NoToPile: 11:43am On May 13, 2021
LadiIshola:

You're twisting the fact, no one said age is the exclusive criteria for determining seniority in service, what I said is that after checking all relevant data and both officers being considered are on par, then age is used. And by the way, the civil service rule you mentioned only talked about using the date on the "assumption of duty certificate". It was silent on what happens after both AODCs have the same dates. It's open to interpretations.....See screenshot below for clarity. So I'm not a dunce, I know what I'm saying....

When both officers are at par, the register / list on that particularday of assumption of duty is used to show seniority. Whoever signs first is the senior, if no register to sign, whoever's file was opened first is the senior.

Age is never a determinant, something must break the tie and its not age.
Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 14, 2021
Dreadful:

You are dumb! I've been in service for 14 years.
Names are organized in nominal roll based on Cadre, grade level, step and age.

Nah! In my honest opinion, you're the dumb one.

Imagine, an online troll telling baseless lies, yet still had the audacity to call a sane human being ‘dumb.’ What a tw.at!
Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by Engrjamjam: 2:00am On May 19, 2021
@Tranquility2345 may thunder from hell visit your Ashawo mama. You're a very Useless animal.
Re: How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? by Stepola: 1:19am On Jan 26
I came across this discussion. My experience is that I resume duty before my colleague two month before he resumes and he was made the head of my Department on acting capacity. I felt it shouldn't be so in public service or what do you guys think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need A Career Advice On Which Country To Travel To / Job Prospects For A Bsc Microbiologist In Nigeria / Are There Second Class Lower Graduates In Multinational Oil Companies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.