Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? (42167 Views)

Obi, Okoya, Olu Okeowo, Others Attend Funke Daniel's 60th Birthday Party / Olu Okeowo: Area Boys, Fake Pastors Are Products Of South West Nigeria (Video) / Reno Omokri Replies Big Backside Woman Who Invited Him For Lunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by TrueNigerian300: 4:16pm On May 11, 2021
Idiko1:

The bolded is pure figment of silly imagination. One wonders which era in Nigeria do you belong, Reno Omokri. In the 60 Nigeria, from military to academic, one certain ethnic group dominated things in Nigeria and it was certainly not Yoruba or people from southwest.

I do not really see any sense in this kind of argument as no one as the data. But to think or assume that because the Ibo dominated the civil service in the 60s means they are the most educated is wrong. Ibos and hausas control the federal government in the 60s through Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikwe. They both shared Nigeria based on two things - Tafawa was smarter than the Igbo assumed him to be, he took almost all the federal projects to the north. Azikwe put his people in the civil service not because there were no other educated Nigerians but it is just simply tribalism and nothing else, however all the founding fathers were all guilty of this. There were yoruba professors and even some of the foremost professors in many fields in Nigeria are yorubas so there is no way he could have said there was no professor of yoruba origin to head Unilag or U.I.

Just to ask you a question the north dominated or head almost head almost all civil service posts today, does that mean they are the most educated? The yoruba leads in the private sector today and from your logic we can assume they are the most educated as well Everybody is just trying to massage their ego.

The truth is the Ibo or let me say Ibo leaders underestimated the north and thought they were not intelligent because of their level of western education at that time forgetting that they had the most advacned form of governance before the british came and were already literate before then as well - this is due to their early interaction with the Arabs. Ahmad Bello and Tafawa Bale were not educated up to master level I doubt they both even had B.Sc but they outsmarted a PhD holder (Azkiwe). Azikwe quickly realized they were not dumb as he thought and next thing some people thought was to eliminate them. Azikwe mission was to make Ibo control both the civil service and the direction of the government reason for his alliance with the north thinking they were f**l because of their level of education. He was proved wrong and only achieved one which is the civil service and they realized the only way to control the government is by taking the two topmost northerners out and they did.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Enwhen(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
I'm allergic to chestbeating.
LEARN TO ACCEPT FACTS THAT ARE NOT IN YOUR FAVOUR... Yea, Omoluabis r the most educated...100percent correct....ONYIGBO r the most successful... 100percent correct...FACTS

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by BabaIbo: 4:42pm On May 11, 2021
AbaLion:

You referring to a period of time when Zik was at the top of power, a time ibo centrism was rife, when ibo almost had it all. Even when there were better qualified individuals of other regions with accompanying recommendations from the British former heads of various institutions, Zik would still go ahead to fill up top positions in federal civil service with a large number of ibos.
After all, they were federal appointments and the big dog called the big shots. Some top ibo officers also replicated tribal appointments in recruitment of ibos in the service.
Yoruba Ronu was apt and timely as it awakened the consciousness of an average Yoruba to the guiles of Zik and the generality of ibo's slimy nature. As they flood themselves in your space, disguised to conquer, denied the indigenes their rightful slots for his ibo kinsmen, and at most times, transfer federal contracts meant for the West to the East. In all of these, their most cherished space back home was being protected from an inch of it being occupied by an outsider, such is the case till date.
With Zik being the President & Governor General, All the Federal parastatals in the Eastern region were occupied and dominated by the ibos, without any slightest consideration to the Westerners or Northerners.
Zik's craziest idea of ibo domination through abuse of power was soon discovered to be the Achille's heel of ibo subjugation.

Currently, the Weac results in the SE would count for nothing as long as individuals from SW are breaking records that any ibo will find it hard to match, if ever..
Aside producing an undergraduate proffessor in the history of Nigeria recently, this girl has just proven both home and abroad that she is head above any ibo child her age that could come out of the South east.

-Lion

You're not wise after all.

Do you bother to check her parent's tribes?

A typical yor.uba person, always trying to cover the truth with their lie(s).

That girl has both Igbo and Yoruba blood.

Stop disgracing yourself.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by BabaIbo: 4:56pm On May 11, 2021
Xdesign79:

Please sir...permit me to let you no that.. .SE is the home to special center for WAEC and NECO. The examination runs in that region is second to none.....that's why I always laugh when people say SE is ahead of Western state in times of waec performance....its just too absurd... I served in the east I'm sure of what I'm saying.....the best igbo brains are rooted in the west...thanks to the best education in the south west.

Till now it use to amaze me that Nigeria law and constitution...is only effective in SW ....when u go to other region you will see that things you will do and get arrested for immediately in SW ...if you do such in other region its normal.....such is the case of malpractices going on in SE which they count for them as a stride and achievement.....

Now let me emphasize this.....Yoruba leads in almost all sector in Nigeria. Let me list some.
Lumbering
Education
IT
Creative industry
Manufacturing
Importation and sales of vehicles....e.g elizade
Entertainment
Oil and gas.....
Aviation
Furniture and wood craft

We are second in the below;
Agribusiness
Textiles

I implore our Igbo brothers to argue with convincing facts.....

You are a big and unrepentant liar.

You're being mischievous here.
Lumbering- Wrong
Education- Totally wrong(Igbos has the highest number of professors and best results in national exams)
IT- Maybe but still debatable(The first known blogger in Nigeria is an Igbo lady)
Creative industry- Are you OK?
Manufacturing- I can see you are drunk, how industries do Yoruba people have compared to others?
Importation and sales of vehicles....e.g elizade. You surely needs a medication for saying this. The owner of coscharis and other companies that sell vehicles are from your village, right?
Innoson, Anamco etc are from Ogbomosho abi?
Entertainment- Stop smoking weed please, In acting Igbos dominate. In music it's debatable, I guess P-Square brothers, Ill Bliss, Flavour, Burna Boy(we fit dash una this one) , Tekno, Black Bones etc are from your village. Or you think we are talking about Naira Marley and Ayiiiii or chupariparichupako here, gbenu soun joor.
Oil and gas- Are you mad ni? Mention one Yoruba oil tycoon and I will mention 2 Igbo Oil tycoons for each Yoruba you mention.
Aviation- Get out joor, Air Peace and other carriers own by Igbos are bigger than any one you can think of.
Furniture and wood craft- Do you mean carpentry or furniture? In fact, you guys are lacking in any of it.

Everything you typed there are trash, I have corrected it appropriately.

In addition, Igbos dominate in Sport, Banking, Business/Entrepreneur, Pharmaceuticals and other aspect you can think of.

In diaspora, Nigerians with notable positions and recognition are mostly Igbo people.
Don't dare mentioning that little girl because she has an Igbo root.

I was born and brought up in yorubaland, even in their best schools, I mean schools where commissioner of education visits on waec/neco day, schools that are renowned for their excellent performance year in year out runs exist there on a large basis.
I know this because I was in the system.

I served in the north, it exists there but I don't want to bring north into the discussion because it doesn't involve them.

I hate it when people paint others black just to look good.

Listen a dull student is a dull student even if you provide them with runs thru will still show that dullness but it takes only a good/smart mind to utilize the runs perfectly to come top.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by pricklewane: 5:04pm On May 11, 2021
The highlighted are they oil product or oyel product cos I never heard of them or are they what is use to lubricate igbo hate n foolishness across the globe ?

In Anambra n Imo what exactly is the production quota of 2 state at the national level... Lol. You think you are arguing with a novice you will brandish your foolishness at without questioning your stupidity.

It is normal for igbos to own 1 piece of land and make senseless noise like you created the world every Nigerian knows you for that foolishness now but what we need is 4 you to tell us companiea owned by Igbo in Lagos/Ogun n I will not list 50-100 companies doing the same thing ownwd exclusively by Yoruba.

For every Igbo owned company you list in Ogun / Lagos I will mention 10 Biggers doing exactly the same thing. I also bet you can not mention up to 3 solely owned igbo companies that lead in their industry be it in Alaigbo or anywhere else in Nigeria.

FreeIgbos:

Lol, you're really very very ignorant. Almost all the major airlines in Nigeria today are owned by Igbos!

Check petroleum products like AZ, Coscharis, Dozzy etc and tell me who owns them!

Even there in Lagos and Ogun, there are probably as much Igbo owned big companies as there may be Yoruba, but then here in the manufacturing cties of Aba, Onitsha and Enugu, Igbos own over 95% of the industries there!

Aside the industries Dangote, the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese built in Lagos/Ogun coupled with some MNC's, can you name up to 10 popular manufacturing companies established by yorubas?

Enterprising people are talking only for these ones that only know jaye Jaye and owambe to be making noise.

Go and knock out your poor father for not educating you properly! Miserable soul.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Heavensent01(m): 5:15pm On May 11, 2021
TimmyA:
It is only bastards like these okeowo and tinubu and others that uses left hand in pointing to their fathers house

God will catch them
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Morenikeji070: 5:19pm On May 11, 2021
Perfect bro... I just pray make this country breakup south west gonna rise like mad we are always good to good.
adedehinbo:
even in ogun State,I can confirm this to u, during obasanjo era they discovered it,but there is a strong reason why there is delay in it's exploration

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by EduBrazil1991(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2021
[quote author=AbaLion post=101566598]
Emphasis on "the north". At no point in history, both pre or post-independence were ibos ever ahead of the Yoruba - Never was and Never will be.
There is a reason that Yoruba have never been an inch bothered about your so called "ibo domination" fantasy which only existed in the imagination of an average ibo - the fact that Yoruba being the "head" would never give a damn regarding how the "tail" wags, so long it's stuck in between the legs.
The north could be much bothered about ibos flooding her region fill up job opportunities meant for the northerners being the most educationally disadvantaged at the time as rightly expressed by Ahmadu Bello. In contrast, the Yoruba region was the standard template such that it was readily the best option for a lot of Igbos to get the best of western Education. The best of Igbo brains in the mordern era, I dare say, are Southwest trained, Ngozi okonjo iweala, Chinua Achebe, your most prized assets had a bite of the cherry.
At a point, during colonialism, A certain Samuel Ajayi Crowther had come back from slavery as a missionary to teach your ibo ancestors how to read and write through the publication of the isuoma ibo premier - Till date, ibos had not shown appreciation, nonetheless, We Muuve!..
Till the end of the world, ibos can never catch up in any academic endeavor. For every 1 ibos produced, Yoruba would have produced 10 (and I'm being reasonable)

Thank God,
What is the meaning of the word Ibo please?
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by pricklewane: 5:24pm On May 11, 2021
What fraction of Igbos trade in computer village ? You think you are arguing with a dropout or you are just being stupid or you have forgotten how you were chased out by the iya oloja when you fathers were misbehaving ? So in your delusion you think igbo control 10% market share in Ikeja.. Lol. I leave your tribesmen that know about Ikeja to educate your foolishness on that

Did you no read where I told igbo run spare part n Okrika industry ?!

Do Igbos control 5% in trade fair or which trade fair are you referring to ? Is it the one in Tafawa Balewa Sq or the one in Alaigbo ?

Aside Alaba in Ojo Igbos do not dominate any other market in Nigeria. Ladipo market located in Mushin is an entire city of market on it own n in the market igbo dominate only the spare part section. The foam associate there is exclusive to the Yorubas n that is the biggest in the entire country. The same goes for the wood/furniture/fittings. Igbos are left to hustle for crumps in the printing press industry over there that is also the biggest concentration in Nigeria. The food market at Ojuwoye if your father dare peep talk less of trying to sell there you will be beheaded in broad daylight.

The same with the provision store over there so try get more facts before making senseless comments on NL.

Ibadanpikin:
Otondo Alaba international mkt and computer village Ikeja na ur papa the control them,ladipo spare parts mkt and trade fair nko na ur poisonous ewedu dey control ham.onitsha main mkt biggest in west africa and nnewi machine parts market biggest in west africa are control by ur agbero refugees in idp camps in Benin.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Ibadanpikin: 5:27pm On May 11, 2021
pricklewane:
What fraction of Igbos trade in computer village ? You think you are arguing with a dropout or you are just being stupid or you have forgotten how you were chased out by the iya oloja when you fathers were misbehaving ? So in your delusion you think igbo control 10% market share in Ikeja.. Lol. I leave your tribesmen that know about Ikeja to educate your foolishness on that

Do Igbos control 5% in trade fair or which trade fair are you referring to ? Is it the one in Tafawa Balewa Sq or the one in Alaigbo ?

Aside Alaba in Ojo Igbos do not dominate any other market in Nigeria. Ladipo market located in Mushin is an entire city of market on it own n in the market igbo dominate only the spare part section. The foam associate there is exclusive to the Yorubas n that is the biggest in the entire country. The same goes for the wood/furniture/fittings. Igbos are left to hustle for crumps in the printing press industry over there that is also the biggest concentration in Nigeria. The food market at Ojuwoye if your father dare peep talk less of trying to sell there you will be beheaded in broad daylight.

The same with the provision store over there so try get more facts before making senseless comments on NL.

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Ibadanpikin: 5:34pm On May 11, 2021
[quote author=pricklewane post=101590773]What fraction of Igbos trade in computer village ? You think you are arguing with a dropout or you are just being stupid or you have forgotten how you were chased out by the iya oloja when you fathers were misbehaving ? So in your delusion you think igbo control 10% market share in Ikeja.. Lol. I leave your tribesmen that know about Ikeja to educate your foolishness on that

Aside Alaba in Ojo Igbos do not dominate any other market in Nigeria. Ladipo market located in Mushin is an entire city of market on it own n in the market igbo dominate only the spare part section. U sound like an educated illiterate,go to those markets and ask about their association chairmens(mostly igbos).What do u have to say about onitsha&nnewi markets biggest in west africa.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by pricklewane: 5:42pm On May 11, 2021
Funny Igbos n foolishness.

IT is debatable but you can not list a single IT company of any repute not matter how insignificant.. Lol. Yorubas beat your fathers in that field 99-0

Qho counted the professor to know Igbos have more or where did you get that statistics from Ipob buruea of foolishness or where ?

Take time out to visit Agbara n Ilupwju industrial estate let you father tell us how many manufacturing companies is own by Igbos there.

BabaIbo:

Lumbering- Wrong
Education- Totally wrong(Igbos has the highest number of professors and best results in national exams)
IT- Maybe but still debatable(The first known blogger in Nigeria is an Igbo lady)
Manufacturing- I can see you are drunk, how industries do Yoruba people have compared to others?
Importation and sales of vehicles....e.g elizade. You surely needs a medication for saying this. The owner of coscharis and other companies that sell vehicles are from your village, right?
Entertainment- Stop smoking weed please, In acting Igbos dominate. In music it's debatable, I guess P-Square brothers, Ill Bliss, Flavour, Burna Boy(we fit dash una this one) , Tekno, Black Bones etc are from your village. Or you think we are talking about Naira Marley and Ayiiiii or chupariparichupako here, gbenu soun joor.
Oil and gas- Are you mad ni? Mention one Yoruba oil tycoon and I will mention 2 Igbo Oil tycoons for each Yoruba you mention.
Aviation- Get out joor, Air Peace and other carriers own by Igbos are bigger than any one you can think of.
Furniture and wood craft- Do you mean carpentry or furniture? In fact, you guys are lacking in any of it.

In addition, Igbos dominate in Sport, Banking, Business/Entrepreneur, Pharmaceuticals and other aspect you can think of.

In diaspora, Nigerians with notable positions and recognition are mostly Igbo people.

I was born and brought up in yorubaland, even in their best schools, I mean schools where commissioner of education visits on waec/neco day, schools that are renowned for their excellent performance year in year out runs exist there on a large basis.

I served in the north, it exists there but I don't want to bring north into the discussion because it doesn't involve them.

Listen a dull student is a dull student even if you provide them with runs thru will still show that dullness but it takes only a good/smart mind to utilize the runs perfectly to come top.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Factshunter: 5:51pm On May 11, 2021
pricklewane:
Funny Igbos n foolishness.

IT is debatable but you can not list a single IT company of any repute not matter how insignificant.. Lol. Yorubas beat your fathers in that field 99-0

Qho counted the professor to know Igbos have more or where did you get that statistics from Ipob buruea of foolishness or where ?

Take time out to visit Agbara n Ilupwju industrial estate let your father tell us how many manufacturing companies are own by Igbos there.

My IBO people and their Aba stats and imaginary figures.

To start with, below is the region with the highest number of professors. Don't know where that village boy got his stats though.

Imao grin

Below is the link and names ;

https://www.legit.ng/1099318-see-nigerian-universities-highest-number-professors-full-list.html

I have added more values and facts to this thread than those village people making up futures.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by PoloG: 6:24pm On May 11, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Small boy let me educate u,SPORT(Emmanuel Ifeajuna is the first African man to win a gold medal in an international competition,Chioma Ajunwa is d first african woman to win an olympic gold in a field event,she is also d first Nigerian to win gold in olympics,Kanu Nwanko&Mikel Obi are Nigeria most succesful footballers,igbos have win d highest number of gold medals in olympics).ENTERTAINMENT(Nollywood is rated the 3rd best in the world it is highly dominated by igbos,almost all d gospel music that r sang in churches are by igbos etc)INDUSTRIES(Igbos have the highest number of indigenous industries in Nigeria starting frm south west,north south east&south south igbos have large number of industries in this areas)
oga go and check the best nigeria chess players, tennis players, basketballers, etc.. you are tellining me football when only asisat oshoala has more awards and is mpre successful than kanu and obi put together....
Nollywood movies produced by igbos are trash.. being the third biggest in the world doesn't mean anything because they produce too many trashy movies.. the best movies with the highest grossings are produced and acted mostly by yorubas. ... check google
I ask you to tell me the industries and you couldn't mention any.. you thing I am talking about retail shops here ptlr you don't know what industries is again? undecided
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by sultry69(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2021
wonlasewonimi:
When the north stopped trucks bringing food and meat for a week, the whole south almost died of hunger. Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions, Yams and cows...Olu Okewo sounds about right.
What's this one saying?when hundred of trucks had lined up in the boarder begging to negotiated with the South,Yeye bello came forwards because of his oversabi ambition but couldn't see any reasonable person from the South/SW than FFK who is looking for what to eat.

Their/your trucks of goods had bombarded SW even before the media broke the news.What are you now talking about?
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by sultry69(m): 6:30pm On May 11, 2021
PoloG:
oga go and check the best nigeria chess players, tennis players, basketballers, etc.. you are tellining me football when only asisat oshoala has more awards and is mpre successful than kanu and obi put together....
Nollywood movies produced by igbos are trash.. being the third biggest in the world doesn't mean anything because they produce too many trashy movies.. the best movies with the highest grossings are produced and acted mostly by yorubas. ... check google
I ask you to tell me the industries and you couldn't mention any.. you thing I am talking about retail shops here ptlr you don't know what industries is again? undecided
Omoluabi,pls take it easy with that guy,most of them didn't know what their saying.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by PoloG: 6:32pm On May 11, 2021
sultry69:
Omoluabi,pls take it easy with that guy,most of them didn't know what their saying.
i tire for that guy
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by KingOdart(m): 8:03pm On May 11, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Lol, you're really very very ignorant. Almost all the major airlines in Nigeria today are owned by Igbos!

Check petroleum products like AZ, Coscharis, Dozzy etc and tell me who owns them!

Even there in Lagos and Ogun, there are probably as much Igbo owned big companies as there may be Yoruba, but then here in the manufacturing cties of Aba, Onitsha and Enugu, Igbos own over 95% of the industries there!

Aside the industries Dangote, the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese built in Lagos/Ogun coupled with some MNC's, can you name up to 10 popular manufacturing companies established by yorubas?

Enterprising people are talking only for these ones that only know jaye Jaye and owambe to be making noise.

Go and knock out your poor father for not educating you properly! Miserable soul.

Yoruba don't have any industries lol

Check this thread that is over 314 pages

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by KingOdart(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2021
BabaIbo:

Lumbering- Wrong

No need to make much noise

I hope you can read this over 314 pages

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by NikAustine: 8:24pm On May 11, 2021
Olatomiwami:

May b in alaigbo women are the head of a family, in Yoruba land, men are, by been Yoruba by surname, she is a Yoruba girl, no two ways to it.
ok
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by chaloskyx: 8:37pm On May 11, 2021
MY OWN IS KINDLY SHOW ME THE COCOA THAT THE YORUBAS ARE PRODUCING O
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by chrisblack: 9:00pm On May 11, 2021
Simplyleo:

On this, Reno is 100% correct and I agree with him for the first time.

But Reno should be ready to take insults from those people developing the universe with their imaginary education. cheesy
Reno is not 100% correct?

1. "And it is highly ignorant to say that the Southwest depends on other regions for electricity. Not true. The Southwest has Papalanto, Olorunsogo 1 and 2, Egbin Thermal Power station, and Omotosho 1 and 2"
Mr Okeowo is Correct. All the power plants stated above are all powered by gas brought in by pipelines from the Niger Delta and Mind you with all their combined capacity they cant provide upto 40% of what is needed in by the southwest.

2.In terms of commodities, the Southwest is Nigeria’s cocoa and cassava heartland and competes with Benue as the yam centre of Nigeria.
Over the years we have continually lost our dominance in the area of cocoa.it baffles me to see that it's only in the southwest cocoa plantations are been cleared and turned into layouts for new buildings, what is the essence of producing high quantities of cassava and the effect is not felt by the immediate populace. the cost of garri is beyond the reach of the poor southwesterners.

3" the Southwest has one of the most viable assets in Nigeria-ports. Tin Can Island port, and the Lagos Port Complex, are the gateways to Nigeria’s commerce"
.Yes for now we have the ports,but what stops others from building theirs in the nearest future?

4.When you add the fact that the Southwest has the most developed infrastructure in Nigeria, and that her industrial capacity is more than the industrial capacity of the rest of Nigeria combined (it will shock you to note that Ikeja Local Government Area and Agbara Industrial estate alone, consume more electricity than the entire Northwest, or that Alaba International Market generates almost $7 billion annually), you begin to understand that that statement by Mr. Okeowo is fallacious.I partially disagree with Reno to some extent. Looking at the so-called infrastructure.less than 10% is properly developed if we are to judge by the standard of what is on the ground. Awolowo laid a solid foundation for us but we messed it up.some of our state capitals have nothing to show as developments.go around to various local governments and see how backward they are.

"Lagos state has a bigger internal economy than Kenya or Ghana. If Lagos state were a country on its own, she would have the 7th largest economy in Africa with a GDP of over $100 billion (compared to $95 billion for Kenya and $67 billion for Ghana). Yes i agree with this,but the fact remains lagos is still backward compared to cities of its class around the world. there are more places in lagos that are worse than some villages. For over 20yrs we have been celebrating mediocre development spent more than 14yrs building a railway track that in sdtill in the work, Touts been elevated to positions of relevance and influence.Our teaming youths see no benefit in education due to the fact that the majority of those who have gotten the substandard education ended up being subservient to touts.

And funny enough, most people do not even know that the Southwest has oil in commercial quantity in both Ondo and Lagos. What has been the impact of such finds?

"So, it was very flippant and ignorant for Mr. Olu Okeowo to have badmouthed his own region so badly. Whose script is he acting? I do not know." He is not badmouthing is region but stating the obvious fact. We keep deceiving ourselves. we are leaving on past glory.

"I am not agitating for the division of Nigeria. However, to say that if Nigeria divides, the Southwest will suffer, is utter nonsense. I had previously thought Olu Okeowo was vacuous. But now, I am sure of it"
Reno in as much as i respect your take on some issues , I will disagree on these. I know in your heart if you truly love the Yorubas,you will tell us the truth. We have over the years retrogress if we are to compare ourselves based on what awolowo left behind.I agree Nigeria as composed had its effect,but the bulk of the blame belongs to us

"But why would a man of Southwest origin misrepresent his own region and people so badly?"He is not misrepresenting the southwest, rather he is drawing our attention to its rot and why we urgently need to stop the retrogression
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Ibadanpikin: 9:36pm On May 11, 2021
Factshunter:

My IBO people and their Aba stats and imaginary figures.

To start with, below is the region with the highest number of professors. Don't know where that village boy got his stats though.

Imao grin

Below is the link and names ;

https://www.legit.ng/1099318-see-nigerian-universities-highest-number-professors-full-list.html

I have added more values and facts to this thread than those village people making up futures.
Otondo educated illiterate,we say professors by tribe and not by numbers in institution as posted by that blogger.Do u know how many igbos are professors in UI.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Factshunter: 9:49pm On May 11, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Otondo educated illiterate,we say professors by tribe and not by numbers in institution as posted by that blogger.Do u know how many igbos are professors in UI.

grin
Ehn, you must think I am dull? grin I guess I didn't know before I posted the link before mumuni.

I guess you have another link to prove your imaginary stats, or perhaps, according to your Otondo logic indigenes are expected to be lower than none indigenes?/

? Your logic is indeed ontodo just like you said.

Imao grin

blogger.Do u know how many igbos are professors

Do I know? No! Mr Otondo, you tell us Nah? Oya list them Mr oral-stats.

Imao grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Ibadanpikin: 9:51pm On May 11, 2021
PoloG:
Small boy comparing Oshoala that can't even play for an under 15 male football team in europe to almighty kanu&mikel who both play 4 one of the best teams in the world.How many yorubas has won gold in those sport u mention.It is only those that consume poisonous ewedu in south west that watch yoruba movies compared to nollywood(world wide)
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Factshunter: 10:14pm On May 11, 2021
PoloG:

You dey mind that one that pull off figures from his akpu brain?

Imagine using super chicken(eagle) as a measure for overall sport. We know Yoruba people dominate table tennis, boxing, and the likes.

Look at what they've turned the super eagle to now? Nothing, absolutely nothing to write home about, and that is the only sport they dominate anyway.

Imao! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Idiko1: 11:25pm On May 11, 2021
The British brought the extremely advanced Igbo peeps from southern protectorate and freed slaves from Sierra Leone to organize things in Lagos. On the same level, the British also delegated extremely advanced Igbo peeps to organize social decorum in southwestern Cameroon. Where the British lacked required personals, they sent the Igbo peeps to deputize. How come "Aroke" were so smart yet they were not allowed to lead any organized youth scout in Lagos during the colonial era?
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Idiko1: 11:35pm On May 11, 2021
TrueNigerian300:

I do not really see any sense in this kind of argument as no one as the data. But to think or assume that because the Ibo dominated the civil service in the 60s means they are the most educated is wrong. Ibos and hausas control the federal government in the 60s through Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikwe. They both shared Nigeria based on two things - Tafawa was smarter than the Igbo assumed him to be, he took almost all the federal projects to the north. Azikwe put his people in the civil service not because there were no other educated Nigerians but it is just simply tribalism and nothing else, however all the founding fathers were all guilty of this. There were yoruba professors and even some of the foremost professors in many fields in Nigeria are yorubas so there is no way he could have said there was no professor of yoruba origin to head Unilag or U.I.

Just to ask you a question the north dominated or head almost head almost all civil service posts today, does that mean they are the most educated? The yoruba leads in the private sector today and from your logic we can assume they are the most educated as well Everybody is just trying to massage their ego.

The truth is the Ibo or let me say Ibo leaders underestimated the north and thought they were not intelligent because of their level of western education at that time forgetting that they had the most advacned form of governance before the british came and were already literate before then as well - this is due to their early interaction with the Arabs. Ahmad Bello and Tafawa Bale were not educated up to master level I doubt they both even had B.Sc but they outsmarted a PhD holder (Azkiwe). Azikwe quickly realized they were not dumb as he thought and next thing some people thought was to eliminate them. Azikwe mission was to make Ibo control both the civil service and the direction of the government reason for his alliance with the north thinking they were f**l because of their level of education. He was proved wrong and only achieved one which is the civil service and they realized the only way to control the government is by taking the two topmost northerners out and they did.

Arrant nonsense!!! There were governments before the NPC and NCNC coalition government and they were not led by Nigerians. Zik and NCNC forced the hands of the colonial masters to establish University Collage in Ibadan. Also University of Lagos was the product of NCNC under the federal ministry of education led by Aja Nwachukwu. In the same vein, Zik and NCNC established the first indigenous university in Nigeria. In addition, there was a high school in Nigeria fondly called "Eton College" of Nigeria and certainly not in Yoruba land. I do not join issue with silly and childish vomits as show with bolded in above crap.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by PoloG: 12:50am On May 12, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Small boy comparing Oshoala that can't even play for an under 15 male football team in europe to almighty kanu&mikel who both play 4 one of the best teams in the world.How many yorubas has won gold in those sport u mention.It is only those that consume poisonous ewedu in south west that watch yoruba movies compared to nollywood(world wide)
abeg i don't have time to safety reading IQ reducing writeup..
This is my last reply to you
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by Carlyboi(m): 2:16am On May 12, 2021
I have always maintained that the Igbos got nothing on the Yorubas and not in the least bit in sports and entertainment.i have seen different commentators make spurious or unfounded claims that Igbos are ahead of the Yorubas in these industries and I’m gonna need to correct such erroneous thoughts that are based some people’s figment of imagination.

Just wanna set the record state as I hardly engage in tribal-bashing or supremacy and this not coming from a place of unnecessary braggadocio as merits and accolades abounds for Yoruba people due to the giant strides and exploits our tribesmen have been making sfor centuries and time immemorial,and still making,so this is coming for a place of tribal-ethnic pride and nothing more as we Yorubas should not be acting like the nouveau rich cos we’re so naturally blessed.

Now to the discourse I’m gonna base my remarks on the areas of “sports+entertainment “that someone falsely claimed the Igbos dominate without logical points,stats or empirical facts to back up this up.

Fashion:The Nigerian fashion industry is dominated by these designers and the names speak for themselves Folarin-coker(Tiffany Amber)Lisa folawiyo,Duro Olowu,Deola Sagoe,Frank oshodi,Zizi Cardow,Mai Atafo e.t.c

Media Radio and Tv personalities,Media Companies:These names are some of the biggest names if not the biggest in those industries:Toolz,Daddy Freeze,Dotun,Mo Abudu(Ebony Life Tv)Debola of Red Media who runs of the best PR companies in Nigeria just to mention a few.

Music:There’s no time in the history of music in Nigeria that the Igbos have dominated the Yorubas,the Yorubas have produced some of the most talented and technical musicians in Nigeria,musicians of international repute and critical acclaim be it indigenous music or contemporary times..From Fela,to KSA to Ebenezer Obey to Majek fashek,Barrister,Eedris Abdulkareem,Rappers Dagrin,Modenine,Vector,Olamide,Eldee,Dbanj Wande Coal,9ice,Wizkid,Davido,Tiwa Savage,Yemi Alade,internationally we have got Nas “Nasir Oludara Jones” one of the greatest Hiphop Artiste of All time,Grammy Award winning Sade Adu,Seal and chamillionaire I have not exhausted this list btw and I just decided to cherry pick and skim off the top if we’re talking numbers we have got too many Cos we virtually dominate the music industry in Nigeria and for the person that made that ignorant comment of Igbos dominating this industries should kindly compile the list of Igbo Musicians or Artistes,artistes of Igbo extraction who are greater,more talented and bigger than the Yorubas I mentioned up there.

As for Sports,one of the biggest and most followed sports is basketball and the NBA in particular “Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon” a full blown Yoruba is one of the Greatest Player of All Time Top 10 and he ain’t 10th,Giannis Adetokunbo corrupted to Antetokoumpo who has won Multiple MVP awards in the NBA is Yoruba Just to mention a couple I’d like anyone to Avail me the list of Any basketball player of Igbo Origin who is any close to be being as big as Giannis in the NBA or can smell an inch or just hold 10% of Olajuwon’s greatness..

In combat Sports we’ve got Anthony Joshua a world heavyweight Champion in Boxing and multiple titles holder and we’ve got Israel Adesanya in MMA who’s a world champion in his category too.

Lastly in Football for every Nwankwo Kanu,Mikel Obi and JJ okocha,Christian Chukwu we have got Segun Odegbami,Rashidi Yekini,Who is still the record goalscorer for the super Eagles of Nigeria,Muda Lawal,Teslim Balogun,Obafemi Martins.

Movie industry:

Actors;Even in the English speaking Nollywood claimed to be created by Igbos some of their biggest stars are Yorubas especially if the old Nollywood is being talked bout the other big actor are of South-South Origin so I don’t understand where the false claims of Igbos dominating “Nollywood” is concerned.Ramsey Adetokunbo Nouah,Omotola Jolade Ekeinde,Olu Jacobs,Desmond Elliot,Jide Kosoko,joke Silva,Bimbo Akintola,Yemi Black,Jibola Dabo are some of the biggest names in old English speaking Nollywood and they’re all Yorubas.

Yorubas also have breakaway stars from the Yoruba movie industry which includes Funke Akindele,Saidi Balogun,Yomi Fash Lanso,Funsho Adeolu,Bukky Wright,Femi Branch who are quite well known outside the Yoruba Movie industry.i won’t even dwell on the contemporary Nollywood Cos the Yorubas in there are given whoever a good run for their Money.

As per Diaspora for Every Chiwetel Ejiofor there’s Akinnouye-Agbaje,David Oyelowo,Hakeem kae Kazim,OT Fagbenle who all have Yoruba Ancestry.

The best and the biggest filmmakers and directors in Nigeria Today include Kunle Afolayan,Biyi Bandele,Niyi Akinmolayan,Uncle Tunde Kelani I’m talking of standard movies which gets screened in films festivals across the world not some mediocre,low-budget badly-conceived movies with unoriginal storylines and terrible pictures.

Comedy is dominated by the South South guys with the Yorubas ably represented too talk bout Deejaying we dominate that industry overwhelmingly.

As far as Entertainment and Sports is concerned in Nigeria or when people of Nigeria roots or descent in these industries or fields are being discussed then the Yorubas are seriously dominant followed by people from the South-South region the igbos are pretty much sat in third place.

This a verifiable fact and not a statement made out of whims or can be conjured out whoever’s limited imagination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by TrueNigerian300: 4:08am On May 12, 2021
Idiko1:

Arrant nonsense!!! There were governments before the NPC and NCNC coalition government and they were not led by Nigerians[b]. Zik and NCNC forced the hands of the colonial masters to establish University Collage in Ibadan. Also University of Lagos was the product of NCNC under the federal ministry of education led by Aja Nwachukwu.[/b] In the same vein, Zik and NCNC established the first indigenous university in Nigeria. In addition, there was a high school in Nigeria fondly called "Eton College" of Nigeria and certainly not in Yoruba land. I do not join issue with silly and childish vomits as show with bolded in above crap.

Oga use your brain and stop reasoning with your emotion who told you Zik forced the british to establish U.I? Why do you guys just like to vomit rubbish to massage your ego? Now you have admitted that federal ministry of education was led by an Igbo man and in a country that is ethnically divided who do you expect to be the vice chancellors of the federal universities?

Was an Ibo man the V.C of ABU or OAU then? Ofcourse not because those were still controlled by the regions. Now the question you should have answered is are the hausas more educated at the moment? If not why do they dominate all the civil service If you use your brain and not your emotion to answer that question you will find the truth to the first rubbish you posted.
Re: Reno Omokri Replies Olu Okeowo: Is The SouthWest Just Area Boys & Fake Pastors? by reality1010: 7:28am On May 12, 2021
farem:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=255783562993756&id=111647580740689
Reno you over hyped these people. Olu was saying the real fact and warning them about the decision they want to take. The igbos for sure will do well and rule Africa and the world with a nation unlike others. Nigerians have been able to check mate the Igbos using qouta system, ethnicity, etc but with a nation, the igbos will offer you the best and you will v nothing to black mail about them.
For the yorubas i will sincerely advice they remain and work for the good of Nigeria. Yorubas v benefitted so much from the system more than the hausa fulanis. More yorubas in govt as civil servants. More yorubas as aides. More yorubas in oil companies that explore no oil in south west. The banking sector has more money from the south east and northern business men but the yorubas house the headquaters of these banks in Lagos. With a break up, people will move as well as business. New forces will emerge as well.
Mr Okeowo is right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DJ Switch Blasts Lai Mohammed / Anambra Election: DIG, AIG Resign, Redeployed / "We No Dey Give Shishi But We Dey Share Soap And Oil" - Nigerians Come After LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.