Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,336 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report (2883 Views)

Investigation Tribunal For Collapsed Ikoyi Building To Submit Report In 4 Weeks / Endsars: Ogun Sets Up Complaints Portal / Corper & INEC Adhoc Staff Forced To Submit Fake Results In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 10:56pm On May 10, 2021
The Ogun State Judicial Panel of Investigation on Police Brutality, Human Rights Violations, and Extra-Judicial Killings has concluded its sitting six months after it held its inaugural session.

A total of 58 petitions out of the over 100 complaints received were treated in the course of the panel’s sittings at the Magistrate Court 1 in the Isabo area of Abeokuta, the state capital.

The Chairman of the panel, Justice Solomon Olugbemi, announced the completion of the committee’s sitting while briefing reporters in Abeokuta at the end of the six-month period.

“The panel received a total of 106 petitions, out of which 58 were treated and the remaining 48 were either withdrawn, rejected, or abandoned wholly or halfway by the petitioners,” he was quoted as saying in a statement by the media officer of the panel, Femi Osipitan.

Justice Olugbemi explained that some of the petitions were rejected because they were not in line with the terms of reference that the panel was given by the state government.

He, however, assured all petitioners and respondents of justice without fear or favour, saying the panel’s report was ready for submission to the state government.

The chairman of the panel stated that after submission, it would be left for the government to implement the report or not.

“Although the panel encountered some logistics challenges, it was able to surmount them,” he said of some of the hurdles faced by the panel.

The state governor, Dapo Abiodun, inaugurated the members of the panel on October 19, 2020, and gave them six months to receive and investigate petitions from members of the public whose human rights have been violated and abused by security personnel within the state.

He also asked the panel to make appropriate recommendations to the state government.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/05/10/endsars-ogun-panel-treats-58-petitions-to-submit-report

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Labitec: 5:05am On May 11, 2021
Please do
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:34am On May 11, 2021
Very Good development.
Meanwhile, we are still waiting on when the same people signing petitions on this ends are issue will begin the petition and probe against the most devilish and evil Policeman in the history of Africa.
An animal that singlehandedly killed over 100 Anambra youths.

Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?
The man who along with his fellow devils killed over 100 Anambra youths?
What have you said about that Massacre?!
Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

Reading the link below will bring tears to your eyes if you have blood flowing in your veins.

https://hallmarknews.com/chilling-tales-of-sars-brutality-the-awkuzu-abattoir/

Excerpts.....

I was tied, my hands and my legs at the back together, and I was being tortured. They just wanted me to say, Yes, I did it. Of course, I didn’t do anything, I was just 17 at that time, and I was not ready to say I did it. But the torture was too much, I couldn’t stand anymore. I had to agree that yes, I did it. Because that was the only way they said they would stop torturing me.

“The social action team came in; I had been in prison for three years, because my case was dumped in a court that was not sitting. So, they helped me to pick it up and transfer it to a court that was sitting. And they were paying my lawyer to hasten up the case. That was how I was discharged and acquitted.”

Esther’s account is one of many, and the bulk of such happened in Anambra, particularly in Awkuzu, where activists say, is the ground zero of SARS brutality in the country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:34am On May 11, 2021
We are happy with this news,
We are waiting for the arrest and trial of Devil Nwafor.
We keep wondering why the children of hate, frustrations and perdition, AKA enemies of Nigeria, AKA, swines and idiots are not carrying this particular Nwafor matter for head like gala.
As if Anambra youths lives do not matter.
Hypocritical animals everywhere.
All of una wey be hypocrites and this devilish bastard call Nwafor will all end up in hell, after suffering here on earth.
All lives matter......

The Bad ones among the police officers is what we protested against last October.

The crazy ones stopping people on the road , checking their phones, arresting youths for having tattoos and dreadlocks are the ones we protested against.

A lawless society without the police that some criminals with evil intent pray to have is what all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians will never allow to be.
Not all Policemen you see on the road are part of the evil SARS like the most evil Policeman in the history of Africa, JAMES Nwafor that killed over 100 youths in Anambra. throwing their corpse to the fishes to feed on!!
He is the number animal y'all should be protesting to see tied to the drum at Barbeach and shot multiple times.
(We keep wondering why the enemies of the country are not talking about this animal wondering around with so much confidence, they all kept mute all because of Politics!)
Not some of the Policemen going about their job with the security polity going on in the country now.
Wail with sense for krisaake!

Later it will be you don't want to see ANY policeman on the road and end up killing them and burning all the police stations as some swines are doing already.
(This is where we miss OBJ!)
A TOTALLY lawless society is what we won't allow.
Most citizens are still counting their losses from their business looted during the last protest.
Most are still looking up to the government before they can get back on their feet again.
SAY NO TO LAWLESSNESS.

NWAFOR MUST FACE THE MUSIC.
He can never ever escape the consequences of his evil.

We Rise!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by AFvckingAlpha(m): 5:35am On May 11, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!

I don't trust the government, we ended SARS but they unleashed more terror on boys.

To all them working niggarrs out there, stay safe!

Keep low profile and keep hustling, cos that's the only way out.

I said what I said
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by BUSHHUNTER: 5:37am On May 11, 2021
Nothing will come out of it

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by galantjoe(m): 5:38am On May 11, 2021
#ENDSARS is a forerunner for revolutionary movement in Nigeria
Let's see how the state govt will implement the panel report

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by kingsleefolli(m): 5:38am On May 11, 2021
Please do better thing,we have jump this issue.since lie lie is the end of the movie,why wasting time.do project,forget story.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Abovebest(m): 5:48am On May 11, 2021
Pseudo recommendation
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Umsworld: 6:07am On May 11, 2021
And DJ switch be like we move to the next switch grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Koryc: 6:28am On May 11, 2021
Waiting for the outcome.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Seniorwriter(m): 6:33am On May 11, 2021
Since ENDSARS protests the number of casualties from stray bullets of trigger happy SARS personnel has reduced.
Shows clearly that they were a menace to the society because they became murderous!
#SAYNOTOPOLICEBRUTALITY
#SAYNOTOBADGOVERNMENT
Deep Quote
Bad people thrive when the Good people stay mute or docile to evil.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by owobokiri(m): 6:38am On May 11, 2021
Very funny people! You guys like to be deceived.
How can any reasonable person expect anything positive to come out of this nonsensical charade?
Or do you guys really think that somehow the perpetrator of a crime will turn around to convict himself of the same crime?
Civilians going to this endless tribunal are only using their presence to render credibility to a government creation that's only there to scuttle the course of justice by hiding the truth.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by owobokiri(m): 6:45am On May 11, 2021
post=101571188:
We keep wondering why the children of hate, frustrations and perdition, AKA enemies of Nigeria, AKA, swines and idiots are not carrying this particular Nwafor matter for head like gala.
All of una wey be hypocrites and this devilish bastard call Nwafor will all end up in hell, after suffering here on earth.
All lives matter......

The Bad ones among the police officers is what we protested against last October.

The crazy ones stopping people on the road , checking their phones, arresting youths for having tattoos and dreadlocks are the ones we protested against.

A lawless society without the police that some criminals with evil intent pray to have is what all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians will never allow to be.
Not all Policemen you see on the road are part of the evil SARS like the most evil Policeman in the history of Africa, JAMES Nwafor that killed over 100 youths in Anambra. throwing their corpse to the fishes to feed on!!
He is the number animal y'all should be protesting to see tied to the drum at Barbeach and shot multiple times.
(We keep wondering why the enemies of the country are not talking about this animal wondering around with so much confidence, they all kept mute all because of Politics!)
Not some of the Policemen going about their job with the security polity going on in the country now.

Later it will be you don't want to see ANY policeman on the road and end up killing them and burning all the police stations as some swines are doing already.
Most citizens are still counting their losses from their business looted during the last protest.
Most are still looking up to the government before they can get back on their feet again.
SAY NO TO LAWLESSNESS.

We Rise!
Stop disrespecting the dead by splashing their pictures all over the thread this ways..
Nobody is against the arrest of Nwafor. Infact no group wants him arrested than the people he killed their sons and daughters in the east. The idea that he's being shielded from purnishment by the people is simply propesterous. He worked for the government and the government has refused to let him face justice. You never knew about him until the same easterners publicized his case. Protests were unleashed to get him arrested which went violent.. I don't know what else you want folks to do, you mischievous thing....
Splashing the decaying bodies of the dead to drive a hopeless point as you continuously do is simply evil..

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Nobody: 7:03am On May 11, 2021
post=101571188:
All lives matter......

SAY NO TO LAWLESSNESS.

We Rise!

You're crying more than the affected...... they aren't complaining.
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Elock1: 7:10am On May 11, 2021
undecidedsee I don't understand nairaland at all
Why will they say nairaland says no to secessionist

We love nairaland but it's wickedness na, so we should keep quiet and not speak up because you want us to remain in one country?

Also that partiality of giving everyone free access to Christian section but you have to swear for Muslim own.

I just want to let you guys no that you are also like the Nigerian government that is oppressing a particular set of people.

If you like ban me 4 life.. I say mk I talk my mind
Peace
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Futurecrypto1: 7:12am On May 11, 2021
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by Twelfthman: 8:11am On May 11, 2021
Just 106 petitions?
People must be scared to talk because freedom after speech is not guarantee
Re: EndSARS: Ogun Panel Treats 58 Petitions, To Submit Report by BizBayo: 10:58am On May 11, 2021
Good development!

(1) (Reply)

FG Pegs One Bedroom Apartment At N7.3m, Equivalent Of 20 Years Salary Of Nigeria / Bauchi Governor's Daughter Releases Pre-wedding Photos / Ugo Ugokwe Is Not A Fake Pastor, Nairaland Should Be Wary Of Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.