Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction (40517 Views)

Bala Mohammed Commissions 18KM Anua - Mbak Eshiet Road In Akwa Ibom / Obasanjo Leads 18Km Walk In Abeokuta And Also Act As Head Boy (Pictures) / Picture Of Lekki-Eleko-Epe Concrete Road Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Barryseal: 10:00am On May 11, 2021
Ebonyi has been at this for years. Good to know other states are looking at that direction.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Samchik: 10:01am On May 11, 2021
Sanwaolu's effort is really commendable.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by fokusmind: 10:02am On May 11, 2021
That road construction is wow with the level.of materials and diligence being exerted on it. I hope they will not relent. When I saw the concrete ( almost 6 inches thick and considering the fact that the use of cement have been done at two different stages of construction before this giant one), I was wowed. I do not see why the road will not last many years no matter the level of load on it. The very first time I am impressed with road construction in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Litmus: 10:03am On May 11, 2021
Good one. Build to last if you lack a maintenance culture; for instance, mix compounds that add pigments to cement if you’re not going to regularly paint the buildings in your estate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X063fQ3D10
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by DrAkpa(m): 10:04am On May 11, 2021
ntyce:
Well done Sanwo
But why is development only focused on that side of Lagos.

How about those in Okokomaiko, Alagbado, Ikorodu, Festac, Wow, Iyana Ipaja, Ikotun?
When will they also benefit.

That is the new lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by humberjade: 10:04am On May 11, 2021
LoydJ:
Well nice development,I wish they could Probably extend to Ajah also.

PS; The roads Ambode built @ Epe remains one of The best roads in Nigerian.
If road's where like that all over Nigeria there would be less of Traffic and accident.

Ambode did himself a whole lot of good by focusing alot on his LG....unlike some people who will say "let me impress outsiders first, then during my 2nd term, I will then perform wonders at home".

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by BruncleZuma: 10:07am On May 11, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:10am On May 11, 2021
ntyce:
Well done Sanwo
But why is development only focused on that side of Lagos.

How about those in Okokomaiko, Alagbado, Ikorodu, Festac, Wow, Iyana Ipaja, Ikotun?
When will they also benefit.

Stop wailing foolishly.
Ikorodu has the road coming from Ketu to Ikorodu done
Ipaja has same coming from Ikeja along
Ikotun and Co have solid roads running through them.
Alagbado has a road commissioned less than 6 months ago.

The road being done in Ibeju-Lekki is the Expressway they're trying to bring it to the width of the ones in Ipaja and Co. If you must lament, do so with your brain in-tact.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Adakintroy: 10:13am On May 11, 2021
Logos road are steadily improving. Respect. Small small we go get there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by illuminaty(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2021
Ikpeazukerosene:

Stop wailing foolishly.
Ikorodu has the road coming from Ketu to Ikorodu done
Ipaja has same coming from Ikeja along
Ikotun and Co have solid roads running through them.
Alagbado has a road commissioned less than 6 months ago.

The road being done in Ibeju-Lekki is the Expressway they're trying to bring it to the width of the ones in Ipaja and Co. If you must lament, do so with your brain in-tact.
But you stylishly avoided okokomailko
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by DondyDesign: 10:19am On May 11, 2021
SamuelTimothy24:
please send me your number
This is my own number 07043736401

0.7.0/(3:9:3:2:8:5:3:8
Remove the dots. Or you check my signature and tap the click here Bolton
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Laboni: 10:21am On May 11, 2021
Concrete pavement that Umahi littered everywhere in Ebonyi State even down to my village.. It’s cheaper and stronger than this nonsense coal tar roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by IPIGSRMUMUS: 10:21am On May 11, 2021
Nice beautiful contrustrution going to my home town. Epe Alaro. Nice one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Ikpeazukerosene: 10:22am On May 11, 2021
illuminaty:

But you stylishly avoided okokomailko

All those roads he mentioned are state roads, Okokomaiko Road is a federal road.
Okokomaiko Road looks exactly how those in Abuja reason.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by EgunMogaji2: 10:23am On May 11, 2021
Concrete is a good and fast approach.

It just harder on tires than tar.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by GNature(m): 10:24am On May 11, 2021
labski:
God bless gov. babajide sanwo olu

Amen and amen, God bless you too wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by 9japride(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2021
There is a section of road in Kogi state constructed with concrete I believe it was done by Dangote. It has iron reinforcement in it, it looks very solid.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by barcaboi(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2021
cosse:
exceptionally impressive, i was waiting for when nigeria wld start emulating western countries by using concrete instea of that tar contraption
Most of the recent Lagos roads has been concrete and interlocks

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by ProWalker: 10:33am On May 11, 2021
Obviously Lagos is going concrete over bitumen.

Congratulations to Lagosians! May PDP never happen anywhere close to you guys

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:34am On May 11, 2021
Great, Center of Excellence. Lagos.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by DrAkpa(m): 10:35am On May 11, 2021
[s]:
This is the CHANGE we voted for.

A better Nigeria all around is what we want.

God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria.

See ya NL! wink[/s]

Please use your brain. How can road construction be termed change?
You mustn't comment on every thread, mate

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Vaughanlanrewaj: 10:36am On May 11, 2021
God bless Nigeria my fatherland. God bless Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by mbhs139(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2021
LoydJ:
Well nice development,I wish they could Probably extend to Ajah also.

PS; The roads Ambode built @ Epe remains one of The best roads in Nigerian.
If road's where like that all over Nigeria there would be less of Traffic and accident.

Not necessarily the best bro. A road that doesn't take the safety of road users into consideration can't be described the way you have put it. if you know the number of lives that have been lost on several sections of that road, due to the fact that the population density and proper user design consideration was not put in place, like speed breakers and so on, you'd be shocked. Nevertheless, that is not to take the credit away from former Governor Ambode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by KoshCAD: 10:55am On May 11, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
ONGOING Massive Construction of the 6-lane rigid pavement on Eleko Epe T junction by Messers Craneburg Construction. Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu flagged off the construction on 1st November 2020.

#ForAGreaterLagos
#SanwoReports

Project Details: Nice 3D drawing there.

- The Total Length of the road from Eleko Junction to Epe T junction is 18.75km.
- CONTRACTOR: Craneburg Construction
- Provision of reinforced concrete drains, Culverts and Median Barrier
- Installation of Traffic Lights
- Landscaping of Road Verges
- Preservation of rail line corridor with 50m RoW
- Installation of Street Lights
- Dedicated Truck Lane and Railway Line (for future).

- Road to serve as template for construction of road leading towards the Dangote Refinery, Lekki Ports and the Lagos Free Zones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXEt5XOUvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lddyIMoQMoo
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by oguns222: 11:04am On May 11, 2021
post=101577360:
This is the CHANGE we voted for.

A better Nigeria all around is what we want.

God bless Lagos State.
God bless Nigeria.

See ya NL! wink

The poster should have mentioned that this post is not for hypocrites and Lowe's with moral decadence and double standard.

Kindly get out of here.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by Nobody: 11:06am On May 11, 2021
computer0810:
Those ppl will still complain

They are good in condemning development in dis part of the country but latter now dey will claim lagos was formally FCT
When d govt is working here there own state govt r busy sharing kerosene for them
see judas. Tribalism no go kill you
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by owbabs: 11:11am On May 11, 2021
Even though this news is commendable, that axis needs more roads constructed and better road network grid.
Failure to do this will cause serious lockjams in the future.
I am not exactly sure why the government thinks what the are doing is enough.
Re: Lagos Uses Concrete Pavement For 18km Eleko Epe Junction by GerogeI(m): 11:14am On May 11, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
ONGOING Massive Construction of the 6-lane rigid pavement on Eleko Epe T junction by Messers Craneburg Construction. Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu flagged off the construction on 1st November 2020.

#ForAGreaterLagos
#SanwoReports

Project Details:

- The Total Length of the road from Eleko Junction to Epe T junction is 18.75km.
- CONTRACTOR: Craneburg Construction
- Provision of reinforced concrete drains, Culverts and Median Barrier
- Installation of Traffic Lights
- Landscaping of Road Verges
- Preservation of rail line corridor with 50m RoW
- Installation of Street Lights
- Dedicated Truck Lane and Railway Line (for future).

- Road to serve as template for construction of road leading towards the Dangote Refinery, Lekki Ports and the Lagos Free Zones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXEt5XOUvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lddyIMoQMoo

This is good as it will last ages. However, someone should tell who ever is designing these things to add, expansion joints. I did not see expansion joints in the one dangote quickly did as Avenue to dispose his cement during COVID lockdown.
Concrete rod without expansion joints will buckle and crack in just a few season and become a colossal waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai Reacts To The Blockade Of The Convoy Of Osinbajo For The Protest / Edo Governorship Election: Results Of 751 Polling Units Still Being Expected / Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.