Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 AM

Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. (10565 Views)

Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? / A Anambrarian Would Rather Go With Urhobos Than With Biafra.... / What Some Urhobos Are Saying About President Buhari Second Term Bid (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by richmote: 5:14am On Nov 28, 2021
Neobulletzz:

It is spelt correctly, “Efejevwie”
the meaning is just always confusing

Some say something like “it is good to born wealth” or “wealth still dey born” or like the more you are wealthy, the more you give birth”
I have heard different things sha but wealth is certainly there
It’s a good thing to give birth to wealth

1 Like

Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by richmote: 5:26am On Nov 28, 2021
I think only aragba-orogun speaks kwale

Both of my parents are oroguns and none speaks kwale.

Oroguns are purely Urhobo. We have no mix with igbos except for intermarriage between aragba orogun and kwale.

Efe is the founder of orogun and amai and he is a bini man.

Orogun people are Urhobos

I don’t have strength to type more than this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by oyatz(m): 7:33am On Nov 28, 2021
Sufferingboy:

I never said orogun man abandon his culture or say he is not urhobo.

I said many of your people especially the young one prefer speaking ukwuani.

And what's bad in that?

In the next 100 years, the whole of Delta State would have become one tribe and most tribes in Nigeria would have coalesced into one mega tribe.
Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by sageb: 8:37am On Nov 28, 2021
richmote:

Oroguns are purely Urhobo. We have no mix with igbos except for intermarriage between aragba orogun and kwale.

You are right
Orogun people are purely Urhobos
That is where Ovie Omo Agege is from
Urhobo Waadooo

1 Like

Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by richmote: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2021
sageb:

You are right
Orogun people are purely Urhobos
That is where Ovie Omo Agege is from
Urhobo Waadooo
Yes
Ovie is from emonu

1 Like

Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by wealthtrak: 9:16pm On Jan 13
Fooolishbuharri:

You said we PREFER acting as Ukwani people and I take an exception to that! Then about young people speaking Ukwani more, that's also a pure blatant lie too; except those persons grew up in Orogun, or the parents speak it at home alot, because It's usually the older ones who speak more of Ukwani as most of them grew up at Orogun.

Case study being me; I speak only Urhobo, but my parents are very fluent in Ukwani language, my grandparents too. But I wasn't raised up speaking Ukwani, probably because I didn’t grow up in Orogun and my parents only use it to communicate amongst themselves.

Perhaps you're making a honest observation and not one of those mischievous generalizations I may not know, but I hope I've been able to educate you on the topic.
Bump.
Very educative.
Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by wealthtrak: 9:23pm On Jan 13
richmote:

Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by Oboys12: 10:40pm On Jan 13
Urhobo and Ukwuani are one
I'm from Obiaruku, I'm an Ukwuani man but I bear an Urhobo surname because my forefathers intermarried and lived as one with the urhobos
Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by Preciousese(f): 2:36pm On Mar 05
richmote:

Very strong urhobos
Re: Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. by AmuDimpka: 3:34pm On Mar 05
Ishilove:

Okay... Acculturisation has been since time immemorial. No big deal
properly igbonization...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Dankwambo's Junior Brother And 2000 Supporters Dump PDP For APC / Women In Finland Protested Against Men Marrying Only One Wife / Economic Hardship: Tinubu To Meet 36 Govs Before Departing For Addis Ababa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.