Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Unethical Practices In Most Private Companies: Subjective Salary Determination - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unethical Practices In Most Private Companies: Subjective Salary Determination (367 Views)

Bad & Unethical Practices of Wetland Microfinance Bank / Telecom Workers Threaten Services Disruption Over Anti-Labour Practices / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unethical Practices In Most Private Companies: Subjective Salary Determination by arexy(m): 11:20am On May 11, 2021
Hello nairalanders! I need your comments on the above topic.

This is a common trend in most private companies as you know they are mostly concerned about their account books and pay less attention to standard practices in all their work processes! A friend of mine became an Assistant Manager in May 2017 (having worked 8+ years and with an MSc degree in Engineering in addition to some professional certificates) and many, especially the HRM were not happy about his elevation to this position! it is an Ibo-dominated management where salaries are determined by "who-brought-you-in" and by your worship of the HRM! You know what I mean now; the share display of political association and unfair bias.

Someone else was, if you ask me, unworthily promoted to the same level of Assistant Manager in December 2019 (with a BSc is Social Sciences and about 13 years experience with no certifications) and was given a salary N113,000 above the guy promoted in 2017!

Please house, can anyone justify the basis for this discrepancy where no documented salary scale/criteria or reward system exists?

(1) (Reply)

Getting Admission In Canadian Universities / How To Gain Valuable Work Experience As An Undergraduate In Nigeria / A Universtiy Graduate Needed For Employment At Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.