Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity (16523 Views)

Bala Mohammed: I have No Apologies For Using Chloroquine To Cure Coronavirus / Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by joyairemiya: 7:31pm On May 11, 2021
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says the media report that he blamed the regime of Gen. Murtala Mohammed for spate of insecurity in Nigeria is “fake news and disinformation’’.

The minister said this on Tuesday in Lagos during a meeting with Online Publishers.

Mohammed who expressed dismay over the reports clarified on what he said when he recently featured on Channels Television’s News programme.

“It is amazing at times how people interpret ones’ opinions and views in a very negative sense.

“What happened was that, the lead speaker at a Town Hall Meeting we held in Kaduna recently, made reference to the retreat by the former military Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon, after the civil war.

“He said that at the end of the retreat, there was consensus that all children born after the civil war must be given free and compulsory primary education.

“I simply elaborated on this information and said that if subsequent governments after Gen. Gowon had perfected this pledge, the bandits and kidnappers today will have no market to recruit their followers.

“I said we have about 13 million out of school children and if successive government had taken the decision at the Gowon’s retreat seriously, we will not be where we are today.

“There was nowhere I blamed Gen. Murtala Mohammed, but we are in the era of disinformation and fake news,’’ he said.

The minister said he was also misunderstood on his position that kidnapping and banditry were not offences that could be prosecuted by the Federal Government.
https://thenationonlineng.net/i-did-not-blame-murtala-mohammed-for-spate-of-insecurity-minister/

He said while his position was correct, it was not meant to absorb the Federal Government from the responsibility of fighting crimes as it was misinterpreted by some people.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Racoon(m): 7:35pm On May 11, 2021
The usual norm-lie then deny and counter-lie and the viscious cycle of lying continues.The legendary Lai-The-Lying-Liar Mohammed lying as usual.Abeg next lie.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 11, 2021
Disadvantages of lieingcheesy the �day you say the truth nobody got believe you

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Nbote(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2021
No U did not blame Muritala, U only blamed his administration

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 11, 2021
joyairemiya:
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says the media report that he blamed the regime of Gen. Murtala Mohammed for spate of insecurity in Nigeria is “fake news and disinformation’’.

The minister said this on Tuesday in Lagos during a meeting with Online Publishers.

Mohammed who expressed dismay over the reports clarified on what he said when he recently featured on Channels Television’s News programme.

“It is amazing at times how people interpret ones’ opinions and views in a very negative sense.

“What happened was that, the lead speaker at a Town Hall Meeting we held in Kaduna recently, made reference to the retreat by the former military Head of State Gen. Yakubu Gowon, after the civil war.

“He said that at the end of the retreat, there was consensus that all children born after the civil war must be given free and compulsory primary education.

“I simply elaborated on this information and said that if subsequent governments after Gen. Gowon had perfected this pledge, the bandits and kidnappers today will have no market to recruit their followers.

“I said we have about 13 million out of school children and if successive government had taken the decision at the Gowon’s retreat seriously, we will not be where we are today.

“There was nowhere I blamed Gen. Murtala Mohammed, but we are in the era of disinformation and fake news,’’ he said.

The minister said he was also misunderstood on his position that kidnapping and banditry were not offences that could be prosecuted by the Federal Government.
https://thenationonlineng.net/i-did-not-blame-murtala-mohammed-for-spate-of-insecurity-minister/

He said while his position was correct, it was not meant to absorb the Federal Government from the responsibility of fighting crimes as it was misinterpreted by some people.

Lai the King of Fools

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by vengertime: 11:53pm On May 11, 2021
Scammers

11 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by nlreserve: 11:54pm On May 11, 2021
!iar

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Praxis758: 12:03am On May 12, 2021
Watch Out............

APC and Buhari's presidency would soon blame Man City's league championship for Nigeria's insecurity and hunger

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Karemarealty288(m): 12:10am On May 12, 2021
Mr. Lie Mohammed will soon blame Jesus for dying on the Cross Of Calvary.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:17am On May 12, 2021
this old man lie too much, your parents see the future, and they named you accordingly

13 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Naijaguy12345(m): 6:18am On May 12, 2021
This man can lie

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Ubykcee(m): 6:19am On May 12, 2021
Oga we no trust you for once. Everything about is lie. Even the cap you wear is lie. The only truth about you is your name

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by ecomalchemist(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2021
Maybe the DSS is not current with the recent happenings in the country. Because the country is already deep in anarchy and those that caused it are in Aso rock supporting Killer herdsmen, sympathize with Boko Haram, other Jihadists, releasing them without trial while paying huge money to Bandits. Meanwhile, the victims are in IDP camps without plans for compensation. They should have good intelligent network to know all these and be responsive. These kind of threats reduces their capacity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by tillaman(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by annyz: 6:20am On May 12, 2021
joyairemiya:

Who will believe you?

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by kingthreat(m): 6:20am On May 12, 2021
Karemarealty288:
Mr. Lie Mohammed will soon blame Jesus for dying on the Cross Of Calvary.

No Christian will imply this just to prove a stupid point.

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by supereagle(m): 6:21am On May 12, 2021
Don't listen to this evil man.

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by crackhouse(m): 6:21am On May 12, 2021
Haba murtala Mohammed? The living one or the dead one?
Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Raphael81(m): 6:21am On May 12, 2021
He should just blame Goodluck Jonathan...

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:21am On May 12, 2021
If Murtala na Fulani abeg blame am.

Their agenda don tey for this country
Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by DissTroy(m): 6:22am On May 12, 2021
There's something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian political system. Or maybe it isn't exactly the system but the fear of losing the thrill of being within the corridors of power which turns Nigerian political appointees to mindless hafwïts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Nobody: 6:22am On May 12, 2021
Fool with a diarrhea mouth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Pennywise(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2021
This is the lying corrupt idiot who presented a budget of $1billion to convert NTA to CNN

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2021
It is well.
Anyway, well meaning Nigerians are already familiar with the blame game though.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by lexy2014: 6:23am On May 12, 2021
joyairemiya:

“I said we have about 13 million out of school children and if successive government had taken the decision at the Gowon’s retreat seriously, we will not be where we are today."

How is this different from blaming Murtala Mohammed? Was Murtala Mohammeds govt not part of successive govts after gowon?

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:24am On May 12, 2021
Useless stupid lie lie Muhammad!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by hollywater: 6:24am On May 12, 2021
We know what you can do with no respect,this was your handwork.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by ArcFresky(m): 6:28am On May 12, 2021
He is laing...

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Fiscus105(m): 6:30am On May 12, 2021
fake and disjointed news you sold for gaulible Nigerians that make you be honourable minister in charge of disorientation ministry today.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by Nobody: 6:30am On May 12, 2021
Muslims are permitted to lie by Allah the peadophile if it would advance jihad

Buhari is effectively running a jihad

Lia Mohamed would continue lieing, deflecting realities and blames from his master and focusing on other distraction so that buhari jihad can go on

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity by excel101(m): 6:31am On May 12, 2021
Nigerians should watch out never to elect/appoint the children of this man in position, because if the father is like this, i wonder what would be of the kids.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes / Not Fighting Corruption Is More Dangerous, Kagame Tell Okonjo Iweala. / Buhari's Speech At APC Presidential Campaign In Yobe Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.