Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience (34134 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / A Friend Was Scammed Of N40k + Iphone6 In Computer Village, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Cnach: 3:31pm On May 12, 2021
Misternas89:
Dem don talk am say If u no wise grin for Lagos, you no fit wise for anywhere ooo, not even in Nigeria, you no fit wise for anywhere in the world.

Part of the places in Lagos that you will learn lesson, Ikeja Computer Village is one of them. I mean learning the hard way grin grin

If you never learn from Ikeja, then have it at the back of your mind that you are still not a Lagosian and you can easily fall for cheap game play.
Kindly share your experience(s) and let’s learn, laugh and enjoy.
Abeg make una deliver this to the promise land Biko.
Lala as this one no be snake matter u no wan teleport my tori go front page bah
U get scammed in any market bc u want cheap articles or u too sabi and that's all. Go to the right place and u shall not regret it.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Hseffa: 3:34pm On May 12, 2021
Dreyton36:
Computer village na we home
For Otigba street na there we they push the funds of buying our boys pc to bomb more ...

As at 2015 I go buy london used blackberry bold5
That time if you get bold 5 you fit nack all area babes
Naim I buy finish con enter bus under bridge outside computer village

One tall fair busty slim girl , very beautiful with a glowing skin come enter bus
Unto say me no they use eye see babe wey fair con gather big breast join , naim I hop in oo
I pass her go sit down near window seat while she dey centre
This fine babe con open laps down o, and my gbola con react straight unto say her bobby full like Nigeria problem

I put the bold 5 inside my pocket where our laps join together
I con they use my other blackberry touch 2 take chat for 2go
As a bad sharp guy I observe say this babe they put hand for my pocket o
The thin sef shock me say, how this kind fine babe go they do this kind thing
But base on say me no too dey rush things , I do like say I no see her and bus don move already lol

Naim we dey go o, the bus location na for people wey they go , Maryland, ojota, mile12
The cross bag wey she carry her new samsung phone they inside unzipped

Naim me sef kpake her own samsung , sharp guy no be thief na
When we con reach (Pekass, na club for ikeja) she dey tell driver say she wan come down , driver say he no dey refund money , she say no problem say she forget something, meanwhile I know wetin she dey try do lol

Naim she come down o, naim I tell her say
"Babe if you don return my bold 5, I go return your samsung grin she shock
She con dey run follow the bus grin
Naim I shout from afar say if she need am make she come ojota , I mention the street and house number

Omo like play she come ojota bc na her personal phone and when I weigh the phone E go reach 170k as at then
Omo she come ojota naim I nack her in different corners
I calm down nack her like person wey don make am for life
She still use her money buy me beer and weed join
And I make sure say I suck that breast like say my life depend on am

Lights up my kpoli in peace
You probably got a narrative talent in pidgin you know? I mean you are seated on a goldmine. Get a Cartoonist. You write funny sexual series like DAUDA THE SEXY GUY OF 1979-1985. The magazine name was BAZOOKA. Proceeds from there started MIKE ADENUGA TELEVISION & Ms. PEPEYE.
Work on it bro. Fortune beholds you from there. Your mild-sexual stories will be in series. 1-publication weekly bro.
Good luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Dreyton36: 3:35pm On May 12, 2021
Hseffa:

You probably got a narrative talent in pidgin you know? I mean you are seated on a goldmine. Get a Cartoonist. You write funny sexual series like DAUDA THE SEXY GUY OF 1979-1985. The magazine name was BAZOOKA. Proceeds from there started MIKE ADENUGA TELEVISION & Ms. PEPEYE.
Work on it bro. Fortune beholds you from there. Your mild-sexual stories will be in series. 1-publication weekly bro.
Good luck.

Love
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by OtunbaBlack(m): 3:36pm On May 12, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Is it only computer village they Lagos? Can't lagosian buy their phone in normal market place.

There are other markets but cv would always be the standout

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by pocohantas(f): 3:38pm On May 12, 2021
People that go to that market are brave. I have been there once and we patronized one of those big shops. I really feel for the legit shops there because the activities of those street hoodlums and bandits spoils business for them. Thankfully many of them have strong online presence, so you don’t have to go there.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Hseffa: 3:38pm On May 12, 2021
jieta:
you're not alone.
Don't worry. Patience. You will come someday and show ingratitude like your brothers to that same city you all dreamed of to make wealth.
After you open your anus to say it is a no man's land!
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Goalnaldo(m): 3:41pm On May 12, 2021
issyeddy1:
I remember sometimes ago around 2004 or so, I was in Ibadan trying to go to Lagos to get something, I was told that I should look very well and keep my things tight most especially Computer Village, I said, No worries, So as soon as I got to Computer Village, I saw a guy asking me to buy Sendo phone, As I was pricing the phone, A guy from nowhere passed me by and slightly touched the bag I was holding, It fell on the floor, As I was about to pick it up, The guy negotiating a phone price has already stole the money in my front pocket without me knowing, I could not feel instantly, but when I left Computer Village, As I was about to enter Molue, I realized the money has gone, That was my first experience at Computer Village, MEANWHILE YOU CAN CONTACT ME FOR YOUR VIDEO EDITING, 2D AND 3D ANIMATION, MOTION GRAPHICS, REALISTIC 3D CHARACTER MODELLING AND TEXTURING, DRONE RENTAGE...+2348121937704

HERE IS MY DEMO REEL IN CASE YOU WANNA TAKE A LOOK HTTPS://VIMEO.COM/USER86353705
Despite the warning, you were still scammed. Nawao!
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 12, 2021
Lolzz....I think say you dey fast, see wetin dey comot from your mouth
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by ikaboy: 3:45pm On May 12, 2021
I de come
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Brushstrokes20: 3:46pm On May 12, 2021
No 1 rule/ safety precaution in computer village is...

#DON'T PATRONISE STREET!

Purchase from established outlets

# a word is ENOUGH

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Stevyne: 3:52pm On May 12, 2021
CsRockefeller:

No faults
4000mah
Hope say the box n receipt DEH?
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by jieta: 3:57pm On May 12, 2021
Hseffa:

Don't worry. Patience. You will come someday and show ingratitude like your brothers to that same city you all dreamed of to make wealth.
After you open your anus to say it is a no man's land!
It seem like you carry Lagos on your head to this world, foolish human being.

Please don't quote me again I'm not igbo and am not comfortable throwing tribal slut at people.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by nams77: 3:57pm On May 12, 2021
ChiefSosa:
I'm always in Savage mode when I visit places like that. Enerhen junction and Computer village, I no know which one bad pass!
Enerhen junction where they sold me one rubbish (refurbished) small Nokia phone that doesn't get network. If you like, climb the mast sef, network fit no enter grin

That was in 2012. Men na lion now grin

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by honeybobo69: 4:00pm On May 12, 2021
There are some of us that don't really have a sob story about computer village, I've been there to fix/buy phones, laptops and accessories for my myself and others, and I really haven't been scammed before.. though na red eye me sef dey use enter (street nigg*s can relate)..

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by CsRockefeller(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2021
Stevyne:
Hope say the box n receipt DEH?

Yep
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by CsRockefeller(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2021
ccollins:
what's the spec of the phone and how is the phone now. Which problem the phone has

No issues. Redmi 7.....brb.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Stevyne: 4:04pm On May 12, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Yep
So how last?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by naturefellow(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2021
1F30M4:
About 2wks ago, met with an acquaintance & we talked a bit about the crazy things that happen in Ikeja Computer Village, never been there lol.. It wasn't funny but at the same time it kinda was..

Really sorry for y'all experiences honestly.. Lord knows, I'd die of high blood pressure if I found out that they've played a fast one on me; leaving me with a fake stack of banknotes.. So I've resolved in my heart, mind, body & soul; for the life of me never to go there, not
in the nearest future, not everrr lmaoo.
you need a guide for such places. Never go alone the first time.

If you're going alone, have an anchor point - a contact with location/address you can locate via Google Map or can track you to a landmark. It's very risky navigating using a random stranger/hustler. You'll end up as toast.

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by ccollins(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2021
CsRockefeller:

No issues. Redmi 7.....brb.
show me more pics pls
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2021
Cnach:

U get scammed in any market bc u want cheap articles or u too sabi and that's all. Go to the right place and u shall not regret it.
Aptly written wink
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 4:14pm On May 12, 2021
amstamon:

Bro, dey calm down. Dat nigga dey right, Infact on point about say every key areas get group dat controls that specific point dem run you local.
E be like say u no know say some people dey get their money /items back after been scammed?
All u gat to do na to know someone niqqa on the street wey get mouth and I promise u, ur money/item go come out complete as e dey hot.
Show him the spot dem run u local and dem go fish out the culprit like magic.
I been dey help my area niggas buy phone for "floor" during Nokia symbians time.
So try dey calm down. Na experience we dey share not some fvckKing bragging rights
Kk
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2021
Who da hell goes to this kinda dump to buy phone? Just order the dammm! Phone from carphone warehouse, Argos or Amazon. sad
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by ofiko123(m): 4:29pm On May 12, 2021
I have never been to ikeja before so I don't know...
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Amanda4life: 4:50pm On May 12, 2021
I w ng to repair pmy phone screen.

They told me to wait in the shop so that one of his boys will go and look for the size of my phone e screen,
Only to come back and told me he didnt see the size, but they stylishly switched my phone and gave me another one.

So I went back to the slot where I first wanted to repair the phone but due to high prize I decided to look for a place that that will be cheaper , so when I got there the SLOT Engineer told me the phone has been swapped

THAT HE DOES HAVE PARTS TO REPAIR THE KIND OF PHONE I CAME BACK WITH.

I RAN BACK TO THE ROAD SIDE ENGINEER BUT THEY DENIED I WENT BACK HOME WITH THE UN REPAIRABLE PHONE THEY GAVE ME

COMPUTER VILLAGE NA BAD PLACE FOR JJC

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by CsRockefeller(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2021
Stevyne:
So how last?

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by jwax: 5:37pm On May 12, 2021
I sell in computer village and I am surprise to read about these terrible experiences people have about CV.

You will easily fall when you buy from road side vendors... How can you come to computer village and patronize someone standing by the road side with a phone or calling himself an engineer. There are shops where business men spend hundreds of naira yearly to run their business... They won't easily scam and leave their business behind...

Secondly, people easily get scammed because of outrageous offers. I had the experience of a guy who came last year for iPhone x... The value then was 190k but he went for outrageous offers where they gave him for 150k... His greed led him to fall victim and he was gisting me after the experience. This was someone whom I have given best price but he still doubted and after looking around and seeing the uniform prices, he fell victim for a price that appeared too good to be true...

Victims are their own enemy in computer village... Greed and carelessness most times play a big factor.... The inflation has hit every sector and computer village is not left out, what used to sell for 60k before the lock down now sells close to 200k... You cannot get an old core 2 laptop now for 30k unless you are buying from direct source or a mini ( which is rare).... Seeing these red flags some people ignore it and go for extremely cheap offers, then they get hooked.

Before coming to computer village to buy, it is advisable to compare prices of the product on Jiji and alot of the vendors also market there... Look for vendor rating and don't take those reviews lightly.

Meanwhile, I deal basically on used laptops and I am situated in computer village doing business... You can always contact me for your purchases 08168111666

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by MeghaneMorgane(f): 5:47pm On May 12, 2021
sunshineV:
there is dis guy wey collect from my hand say he wan epp me change screen. hin collect money come dey waka fast i had to start running to catch up, he even told me to walk fast o cus crowd plenty after a while nigga disappear...both money and phone dat needed fixing jus go laidat

How can you allow someone do this to you grin grin
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by thugthang(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2021
ChiefSosa:
I'm always in Savage mode when I visit places like that. Enerhen junction and Computer village, I no know which one bad pass!
I have been to all the 2 places and came out save
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Paan(m): 5:55pm On May 12, 2021
Back then, I brought a phone that only see’s reception at the village but outside village no network.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Emma1Oj(m): 6:04pm On May 12, 2021
Computer village, a place you buy something today 150k you go back tomorrow to resell it they will down trash it and call it useless, price it 10k. Those pple horrible ehn

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Phone Section Chat Room / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.