Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience (34141 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / A Friend Was Scammed Of N40k + Iphone6 In Computer Village, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Olibboy: 6:05pm On May 12, 2021
AmgMakanaki:
grin similar case. My own Na when I Dey come back from Ghana via border cos of covid, we gat sneak pass through the river bank. Omoo. Person when carry my bag begin Dey run fast. I come Dey follow am like say dem tie me rope... lol, when we reach one place. He say make I bring my money come outside make ee help me fold am cos of those people when go search us. As I remove money make I do am myself, Na so him drag am from my hand run. Chai. I no fit see cry cry grin
dis one funny ooo...u for tell am make e no worry to hear wetin e go talk

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by ridbell01(m): 6:06pm On May 12, 2021
I got my last two phone at the computer village but I entered shop.
Anytime I entered computer village I do as if am part of them except those touts. I will follow them Dem call people
"I sell all phone"
Repair your phone and laptop"
And style style I enter where I dey go.
You need to use your sense in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by sunshineV(f): 6:09pm On May 12, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

How can you allow someone do this to you grin grin
dnt mind me jare

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 12, 2021
OtunbaBlack:

There are other markets but cv would always be the standout
why, when u guys know they are 419,don't go there na.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Sleekfingers: 6:48pm On May 12, 2021
Misternas89:
Dem don talk am say If u no wise grin for Lagos, you no fit wise for anywhere ooo, not even in Nigeria, you no fit wise for anywhere in the world.

Part of the places in Lagos that you will learn lesson, Ikeja Computer Village is one of them. I mean learning the hard way grin grin

If you never learn from Ikeja, then have it at the back of your mind that you are still not a Lagosian and you can easily fall for cheap game play.
Kindly share your experience(s) and let’s learn, laugh and enjoy.
Abeg make una deliver this to the promise land Biko.
Lala as this one no be snake matter u no wan teleport my tori go front page bah

governor sanwo olu should move that useless market to Abule egba..........my uncle sold his house on Ayo ayeni street, due to their useless activities......na shop dem collect o, but they are sellling on the street. People residing cant park their cars, cant move freely

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2021
Bluehill1051:
Omo! Wetin be Computer village compared to Alaba Intl

Omo computer village dey learn for where Alaba Int'l dey o
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Ekugbeh(m): 7:50pm On May 12, 2021
Misternas89:

Give us the Enerhen gists too na. Make we gather learn their own tricks too. E be like say na fufu n soap format dey for computer villa
enerhen and Robinson plaza
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 12, 2021
jwax:
I sell in computer village and I am surprise to read about these terrible experiences people have about CV.

You will easily fall when you buy from road side vendors... How can you come to computer village and patronize someone standing by the road side with a phone or calling himself an engineer. There are shops where business men spend hundreds of naira yearly to run their business... They won't easily scam and leave their business behind...

Secondly, people easily get scammed because of outrageous offers. I had the experience of a guy who came last year for iPhone x... The value then was 190k but he went for outrageous offers where they gave him for 150k... His greed led him to fall victim and he was gisting me after the experience. This was someone whom I have given best price but he still doubted and after looking around and seeing the uniform prices, he fell victim for a price that appeared too good to be true...

Victims are their own enemy in computer village... Greed and carelessness most times play a big factor.... The inflation has hit every sector and computer village is not left out, what used to sell for 60k before the lock down now sells close to 200k... You cannot get an old core 2 laptop now for 30k unless you are buying from direct source or a mini ( which is rare).... Seeing these red flags some people ignore it and go for extremely cheap offers, then they get hooked.

Before coming to computer village to buy, it is advisable to compare prices of the product on Jiji and alot of the vendors also market there... Look for vendor rating and don't take those reviews lightly.

Meanwhile, I deal basically on used laptops and I am situated in computer village doing business... You can always contact me for your purchases 08168111666
i don't know if I can get mini laptop for 30k,just want use it learn graphics design, but am situated in Akure, mail me Deleola77@gmail.com
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by donproject2(m): 8:11pm On May 12, 2021
Felason:
I'd rather travel to get a new phone than that Computer village.
Stories from there are terrifying.
Never been there,never will.

Those who want better phone foe shinkinni money na hin dem dey scam...you no get issue if nah new phone you wan buy

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by tosaino95(m): 10:33pm On May 12, 2021
have been scam once in Ikeja when i bought fake romoss power bank but Na for ikotun in Lagos na there i wise up last. so anywhere i go no one can't scam me and have been to Ikeja several times later their mama no fit scam me again.

Once Wise In Lagos You Will wise in the World

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by tosaino95(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2021
QuinModah:
Your dey do like Mumu, when you enter there, no smiling, be very harsh, frown face, talk authoritatively
Street guy; Come see better latest IPhone,
You: Get the duck out of my way
S: Na wa o, na fight
Y: You for come collect money for my pocket buy am
S: Ogbeni shift
Y:

Your papa balls na e go shift mad man
angry
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Richthekid: 10:50pm On May 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 11:10pm On May 12, 2021
ridbell01:
I got my last two phone at the computer village but I entered shop.
Anytime I entered computer village I do as if am part of them except those touts. I will follow them Dem call people
"I sell all phone"
Repair your phone and laptop"
And style style I enter where I dey go.
You need to use your sense in Lagos
This ur style make sense, seems na the code wey person suppose dey use be this. Just pretend u be like them

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 11:17pm On May 12, 2021
Reelmii:
life dey oo, we dey push am na, man no die, man no rotten.... thank God say we still dey breathe
We are grateful for absolutely everything. Stay safe and remain blessed Baba.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 11:21pm On May 12, 2021
Paan:
Back then, I brought a phone that only see’s reception at the village but outside village no network.
Na dem super “EAGLES” mama hold that phone network bros.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 11:22pm On May 12, 2021
GOOOGLE504:

Omo computer village dey learn for where Alaba Int'l dey o
Really??
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by OBIPLUS(m): 12:44am On May 13, 2021
Brought a brand new laptop, they directed to engineer for installation after much pasuasion telling me some features won't work without them doing installation, I agreed, went to the engineer for the installation, we agreed on price , he now said I shouldn't wait that if I have other things to buy I should , I went out , long story short the engineer had to change my laptop follow come keyboard and had to replace it with China keyboard.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by catalanscrew(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2021
Aswear my experience for that computer village 2007-2009 no funny at all. This is discussion for another day ������
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by toask111: 8:17am On May 13, 2021
It is funny reading all these funny comments about Computer Village.
But honestly, I have been buying and repairing things(phone, laptop, cloth, shoes, sanders and so on) at Computer Village for years now, I have NEVER encounter any of this issues.
I keep asking myself could it be greed that makes people fall victim?
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by QuinModah(f): 3:04pm On May 13, 2021
Misternas89:

Really??
Hi! Drop your mail
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2021
QuinModah:
Hi! Drop your mail
afeeztope89 hat the geemale...that’s my email ma’am wink
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by hAlexandro(m): 3:17pm On May 13, 2021
Misternas89:

Hope the guy later “cut” soap for you too. Lol cheesy cheesy
lol We use the soap wash plate

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 3:50pm On May 13, 2021
hAlexandro:
lol We use the soap wash plate
Something wey una suppose use baff. grin grin grin tongue
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by EbukaHades10(m): 10:06pm On May 13, 2021
Misternas89:

U better waka come back here Mr Ebuka. Share ya own experience na, don’t be stingy abeg grin grin
Na only once I don go there and I go "guide" the person as I get big stature but I never buy anything for there b4.

I rather go to Oshodi where I know almost every corner (even though I no sabi their names) to buy stuff than buy something from Computer village

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by hAlexandro(m): 8:37am On May 14, 2021
Misternas89:

Something wey una suppose use baff. grin grin grin tongue
angry grin grin kwikwikwi

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2021
EbukaHades10:
Na only once I don go there and I go "guide" the person as I get big stature but I never buy anything for there b4.

I rather go to Oshodi where I know almost every corner (even though I no sabi their names) to buy stuff than buy something from Computer village
Baba e be like say u go give me ur contact ooo. You go be my bouncer anytime I wan visit CV too abeg. Lol

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2021
QuinModah:
Hi! Drop your mail
I never hear from you angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by EbukaHades10(m): 10:22am On May 15, 2021
Misternas89:

Baba e be like say u go give me ur contact ooo. You go be my bouncer anytime I wan visit CV too abeg. Lol
My G, dem go beat two of us join o.

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Misternas89(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2021
EbukaHades10:
My G, dem go beat two of us join o.
Chaii, see person wey I don put my trust. After all u still get the body na....ok I go pay you in btc grin grin cheesy
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by udemzyudex(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2021
I wonder why people don't always blame themselves for their greed.

Most of the terrible things that happens in CV is caused by greed.
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Drove from island to Ikeja to swap a phone with someone I had been speaking to from jiji.
This happened in April o, this year.

After he changed location 3 times he brought a bigger phone for swap said that the one we agreed on (iPhone 11) was sold. So I had to add more Money than discussed to swap. Out of frustration and tiredness I agreed.

This guy said no transfer I should go and withdraw money. Things were going through my head, I even thought this guy was trying to sell me a stolen phone but I didn’t care I just wanted to deal and go home from all the stress I endured that day. This guy even gave me the phone (11 pro max) to put in my pocket and test as we were going to the atm.

Long story short, my iPhone X, 2 apple watches and 70k all for swap, this guy carried away after dropping a fake version of the phone inside the car when someone came to apprehend him as we were talking.

It took me like 10 seconds to realize what had just happened but I just laughed and drove home with pain lol. I even realized that the apprehender was an accomplice and part of the mission.

That my iPhone X was cleared o. Everything agreed on. Just for us to part ways and Baba dropped replica for me.

If I’m going to computer village again, it’s with Mopol and mesa and red eye

But my eyes were shined that day. Never again
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience by QuinModah(f): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2023
Drove from island to Ikeja to swap a phone with someone I had been speaking to from jiji.
This happened in April o, this year.

After he changed location 3 times he brought a bigger phone for swap said that the one we agreed on (iPhone 11) was sold. So I had to add more Money than discussed to swap. Out of frustration and tiredness I agreed.

This guy said no transfer I should go and withdraw money. Things were going through my head, I even thought this guy was trying to sell me a stolen phone but I didn’t care I just wanted to deal and go home from all the stress I endured that day. This guy even gave me the phone (11 pro max) to put in my pocket and test as we were going to the atm.

Long story short, my iPhone X, 2 apple watches and 70k all for swap, this guy carried away after dropping a fake version of the phone inside the car when someone came to apprehend him as we were talking.

It took me like 10 seconds to realize what had just happened but I just laughed and drove home with pain lol. I even realized that the apprehender was an accomplice and part of the mission.

That my iPhone X was cleared o. Everything agreed on. Just for us to part ways and Baba dropped replica for me.

If I’m going to computer village again, it’s with Mopol and mesa and red eye

But my eyes were shined that day. Never again
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Phone Section Chat Room / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.