Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Who Knows About This Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Knows About This Car (2485 Views)

After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / Pls Is This Car Restorable And What Are Likely Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows About This Car by surrogatesng: 9:26pm On May 11, 2021
I came across this car for sale.It is a nissan pulsar but i am unable to find much information about it online.Does it share engine with other models?.What is the engine configuration and fuel economy like?

Re: Who Knows About This Car by ba7man(m): 9:58pm On May 11, 2021
Google will help you out.
Re: Who Knows About This Car by kingreign(m): 4:48am On May 12, 2021
Nissan sunny aka Nissan Sylphy 2000-2005.

It's basically an almera in sedan form. Shares engine and other drive train components.

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows About This Car by olumzzz(m): 8:06am On May 12, 2021
Op, you can cc nurey or tpound
Re: Who Knows About This Car by santakris(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2021
That's a Nissan Almera now. Look for nissan Almera and compare.
Re: Who Knows About This Car by aieromon(m): 9:56am On May 12, 2021
surrogatesng:
I came across this car for sale.It is a nissan pulsar but i am unable to find much information about it online
Does it share engine with other models?.What is the engine configuration and fuel economy like?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sylphy

Re: Who Knows About This Car by slimmoney(m): 11:31am On May 12, 2021
this one na 2001 Nissan sunny na
Re: Who Knows About This Car by xpensivealex(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2021
Same 1.8litre engine with almera tino and primera. One plug one coil 4cylinder. Very fuel efficient. Buy it. Part very easy to see

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About This Car by Angrygoat: 9:29pm On May 12, 2021
This one na car
Re: Who Knows About This Car by nurey(m): 9:39am On May 13, 2021
surrogatesng:
I came across this car for sale.It is a nissan pulsar but i am unable to find much information about it online.Does it share engine with other models?.What is the engine configuration and fuel economy like?

Nissan pulsar/Almera/Sunny/bluebird name depends on region it came from.

1.5 to 1.8L 4 cylinder highly fuel efficient

It's a reliable vehicle, good and parts available as long as you are using in SW, Nissan parts are expensive in North.

I used the car b4, Almera from Belgium RHD converted and worked well without issues.

Major problems
1. NATS if available can misbehave and cause issues

2. Camshaft and cranshatf sensor can fail at ungodly hours solution is to have extra of the 2 available and a corresponding spanner to loosen it also knowledge of where it is in the engine else you will be stranded or fleeced by mechanic for something you can easily do on your own.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows About This Car by surrogatesng: 9:45am On May 13, 2021
Thanks to all who contributed.Now,i know better about the car

1 Like

Re: Who Knows About This Car by AgentGoat: 11:18am On May 13, 2021
surrogatesng:
Thanks to all who contributed.Now,i know better about the car
How much is it?
Re: Who Knows About This Car by AgentGoat: 11:24am On May 13, 2021
nurey:

Nissan pulsar/Almera/Sunny/bluebird name depends on region it came from.

1.5 to 1.8L 4 cylinder highly fuel efficient

It's a reliable vehicle, good and parts available as long as you are using in SW, Nissan parts are expensive in North.

I used the car b4, Almera from Belgium RHD converted and worked well without issues.

Major problems
1. NATS if available can misbehave and cause issues

2. Camshaft and cranshatf sensor can fail at ungodly hours solution is to have extra of the 2 available and a corresponding spanner to loosen it also knowledge of where it is in the engine else you will be stranded or fleeced by mechanic for something you can easily do on your own.

What's the sign of this sensor's failure?
Re: Who Knows About This Car by nurey(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2021
AgentGoat:

What's the sign of this sensor's failure?

Engine crank but no start

Engine pulsing during acceleration.

Most mechanic would believe it is fuel pump or plugs but a scan would point you in the right direction but kazeem rarely starts with that

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows About This Car by surrogatesng: 11:46am On May 16, 2021
650,000 Naira
AgentGoat:
How much is it?
Re: Who Knows About This Car by Dpzeewonder: 3:57pm On Apr 04
Mr.Nurey this is the exact issue am having right now with this same model of this car.I just changed my fuel pump yesterday,serviced the car,changed my spark plugs last week,yet the car is still not fine,until the mechanic checked the crankshaft sensor under the engine,unfortunately it broke leaving the main sensor in the engine.It has been removed though and i sent him money to buy another sensor,do you think this is the main fault with this car,he scanned the car after the trial by error then it brought crankshaft sensor but this was after he tried to loosen the sensor and could not at first try,the car won't start after he first tampered with the sensor which made him to tap the sensor by force thinking it will key back,thereby causing the sensor to break.Please help me.
nurey:

Engine crank but no start

Engine pulsing during acceleration.

Most mechanic would believe it is fuel pump or plugs but a scan would point you in the right direction but kazeem rarely starts with that
Re: Who Knows About This Car by nurey(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04
Dpzeewonder:
Mr.Nurey this is the exact issue am having right now with this same model of this car.I just changed my fuel pump yesterday,serviced the car,changed my spark plugs last week,yet the car is still not fine,until the mechanic checked the crankshaft sensor under the engine,unfortunately it broke leaving the main sensor in the engine.It has been removed though and i sent him money to buy another sensor,do you think this is the main fault with this car,he scanned the car after the trial by error then it brought crankshaft sensor but this was after he tried to loosen the sensor and could not at first try,the car won't start after he first tampered with the sensor which made him to tap the sensor by force thinking it will key back,thereby causing the sensor to break.Please help me.

There are two sensors, change them first with a known working unit, you should be fine
Re: Who Knows About This Car by Dpzeewonder: 10:33am On Apr 05
P0100 Mass Air flow sensor circuit
P0115 Engine coolant temperature sensor circuit
P0120 Thrtl POS SEN/Circ
These are the error codes it brought after fixing the Crankshaft position sensor Sir
nurey:

There are two sensors, change them first with a known working unit, you should be fine
Re: Who Knows About This Car by nurey(m): 10:49am On Apr 05
Dpzeewonder:
P0120 Thrtl POS SEN/Circ
These are the error codes it brought after fixing the Crankshaft position sensor Sir

P0120- clean the throttle body, though I don't know whether yours is drive by cable or drive by wire. But your throttle body has issue.

P0100- you need to check the MAF sensors and your air intake hoses. It's those two issues that can cause your current situation.
Re: Who Knows About This Car by Dpzeewonder: 12:19pm On Apr 05
I just changed the throttle sensor this morning,it works fine a bit but the remaining codes are still coming up
nurey:

P0120- clean the throttle body, though I don't know whether yours is drive by cable or drive by wire. But your throttle body has issue.

P0100- you need to check the MAF sensors and your air intake hoses. It's those two issues that can cause your current situation.
Re: Who Knows About This Car by nurey(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05
Dpzeewonder:
I just changed the throttle sensor this morning,it works fine a bit but the remaining codes are still coming up

you might probably need a good mechanic to work on your vehicle. Online diagnosis can only get you far. After changing the throttle sensor, what is the vehicle behaviour and which codes are still popping up?
Re: Who Knows About This Car by Dpzeewonder: 4:33pm On Apr 05
nurey:

you might probably need a good mechanic to work on your vehicle. Online diagnosis can only get you far. After changing the throttle sensor, what is the vehicle behaviour and which codes are still popping up?
Re: Who Knows About This Car by Dpzeewonder: 4:35pm On Apr 05
I am actually not there but he said the car moves fine after test driving it but it still stalls when depressing the accelerator,also he noticed dark emission which comes out when he depressed the accelerator when the car is parked.
nurey:

Re: Who Knows About This Car by nurey(m): 5:14pm On Apr 05
Dpzeewonder:
I am actually not there but he said the car moves fine after test driving it but it still stalls when depressing the accelerator,also he noticed dark emission which comes out when he depressed the accelerator when the car is parked.

The blue circled part is the MAF sensor and that is where he needs to check, wires clean first and check before replacing the part. I believe you meant black smoke from the exhaust when vehicle is raised? if yes, then it must be unburnt fuel in the chamber maybe caused by less volume of air. Check your air filter too.

Re: Who Knows About This Car by Dpzeewonder: 6:01pm On Apr 05
Thank you very much Sir.That is the exact part he removed,he has gotten it ,i will be there with him tomorrow to ensure he does everything you instructed.Thanks for coming through.
nurey:

The blue circled part is the MAF sensor and that is where he needs to check, wires clean first and check before replacing the part. I believe you meant black smoke from the exhaust when vehicle is raised? if yes, then it must be unburnt fuel in the chamber maybe caused by less volume of air. Check your air filter too.

(1) (Reply)

****is This The Most Rugged Ride Ever Made**** / NOTICE To 97 CAMRY (pencil/tiny Light Owners / Most Expensive Cars In The World- Top 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.