Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,326 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Best African Country To Migrate To - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best African Country To Migrate To (56437 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by SeriouslySense(m): 6:13pm On May 14, 2021
Seems Gabon is doing relatively well, and i just looked gabon up and "Gabon expresses intent to join Commonwealth"

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2021-05/12/content_77490119.htm

But i realize there are other factors one should be looking at, like HDI, Employment rate, availability of electricity, climate, etc, for instance Gabon has a lower HDI compared to Nigeria, of 42 and 48 respectively.

McStoic:

I learnt they have a good standard of living and relatively economy.
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Eriokanmi: 6:13pm On May 14, 2021
Touchfarm:

Do Rwandans speak Yoruba?
no, only benin Republic do. I meant the OP could try Rwanda too . They speak English and language barrier won't be an issue, unlike benin( that's if the OP doesn't understand French and/or yoruba)

1 Like

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2021
Psady:
So all u got to say about Liberia is their women, OK what about the currency and standard of living?
their currency Liberty is higher than naira, standard of living... like housing is farely cheap than Nigeria, if u are going there to look for work forget it... because the citizens work never even reach them... unless u are business persons and going there with enough capital.. best place to live In Monrovia the capital are sinko , Congo Town and Montserrado, if u hear anything gaye Town run for ur life because nah that place those retired warlords live, their stapple food is rice with cassava leaf stew grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by lagdmark(m): 6:24pm On May 14, 2021
Lagos is still the best, if you can't make a better living there then you remain a poor man/woman all your life.

3 Likes

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by SeriouslySense(m): 6:24pm On May 14, 2021
You are really giving specifics, cheesy cheesy cheesy, so it is to run from gaye Town

ELKHALIFAISIS:
their currency Liberty is higher than naira, standard of living... like housing is farely cheap than Nigeria, if u are going there to look for work forget it... because the citizens work never even reach them... unless u are business persons and going there with enough capital.. best place to live In Monrovia the capital are sinko , Congo Town and Montserrado, if u hear anything gaye Town run for ur life because nah that place those retired warlords live, their stapple food is rice with cassava leaf stew grin
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Sleekfingers: 6:27pm On May 14, 2021
sageb:

what are the booming sectors there?
is Teaching jobs of high demand?
is administrative jobs and hospitality jobs of high demand there?

hospitality jobs are high demands....due to the influx of tourist in that country....so food business is booming.......chef, etc..
I also met some nigerians there selling african food stuffs....

Dont know about teaching jobs....just try to some findings...
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by charixel: 6:28pm On May 14, 2021
Splitmind:
Nigeria is the best African country you can get, we truly have no equals.

Forget that thing.

Citizens yes we are the best.
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2021
SeriouslySense:
You are really giving specifics, cheesy cheesy cheesy, so it is to run from gaye Town

lol..
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by AquilaTraining: 6:31pm On May 14, 2021
If you are interested in migrating to a French -speaking country, we offer beginners, intermediate and advanced French courses at our training centre in Ajah, Lagos.

Weekdays and Weekend, physical and online classes are available.

Check my signature for contact details.

igbosoupkitchen:

Except you live where nigerians can be found in large number,asides that he will struggle because
- The taxi drivers speak french
- market women speak french
- you receive messages from telecoms companies like mtn in french
- even big malls like placemacory u need french to pay
- to buy atieke and aloko from the local food vendor u need french

It is their lingua franca, schools, churches, offices,police station, it is difficult to go about daily activities without knowledge of French except u get a local guide

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by ozome15(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Security first...should top the list. If you speak French or yoruba, you may consider Benin Republic, Rwanda too. You won't face language barrier there
What businesses can one do there
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by vioment: 6:35pm On May 14, 2021
Gabon, Namibia, Equitorial Guinea, Kenya, ivory coast (I just finish some good money jobs there), Mali (especially if you are Muslim or have a sense of business), Gambia, Rwanda, Uganda (avoid the war side), and some wey skip my mind.

Nigeria is still better than them but these are good places.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Godsown0: 6:35pm On May 14, 2021
gimakon:

You heard him Right, Rwanda.

Rwanda is the Wakanda you hear about in Africa. Just make sure you have enough money.
I have visited there , and I have to tell you, Its worth it. Peaceful people, Lovely atmosphere. Just make sure u have enough money to run Business.

Choose from these nations

Mauritius - 14 Days visa on arrival
Rwanda - Visa free for 30 days
Botswana - Visa Required
Namibia - Visa Required

These are the only 4 nations , making sense now in Africa. You See SA ehn, If not for those White people , SA for be like Mali!

I nid more info sir, can i come ur dm?
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Dieuetla: 6:41pm On May 14, 2021
drkranky:
Hey Nairalander,
I’ve got a friend of mine that has been worrying about my opinion on the best African country to migrate to and start a meaningful business.
He resides in Lagos but isn’t satisfied with the life out there and has just one million naira in mind
So here is what he’s considering:
1. A country with constant electricity
2. Good and viable business environment
3. High standard of living
4. Low cost of living
5. Friendly and accommodating people

Will gladly welcome all ideas

Abidjan is far more better than Lagos.
French is even so easy to learn there. Once you have what market needs you don't need big French, market will see itself.
But there are advise you need...
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by dipsy588(m): 6:42pm On May 14, 2021
drkranky:
Hey Nairalander,
I’ve got a friend of mine that has been worrying about my opinion on the best African country to migrate to and start a meaningful business.
He resides in Lagos but isn’t satisfied with the life out there and has just one million naira in mind
4. Low cost of living

Gambia is ok in cost of living,your work will cater for your needs.
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by captianfreeman(m): 6:44pm On May 14, 2021
Sleekfingers:

go to botswana......you go thank me.......i have been there....spent like 7weeks there.....went for a conference ....kinda like that country......

My questions is , do you have any vocational skill?
Like What type of vocational work?
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Gbagura: 6:46pm On May 14, 2021
Stay back home.
Nigeria is the best African country you can live.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Unigweson25(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2021
Splitmind:
Nigeria is the best African country you can get, we truly have no equals.

You are one of our problem

1 Like

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by INCREDIBLE007(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2021
Federickson02:
Canada, Malta, Romania.

Meanwhile, for me, it's either Europe or none. Idk why people are mentioning African countries. African life never tire una? grin

bro
how far na

which skill do you suggest one Should learn prior to going to MALTA OR ROMANIA
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by hustla(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2021
drkranky:
Hey Nairalander,
4. Low cost of living

Mauritius

That's assuming una never spoil there too
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by ElValiente(m): 6:51pm On May 14, 2021
Swaziland
Seychelles
Madagascar
Cape Verde
Lobatan republic

2 Likes

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by musicutility(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2021
Nicoswit:
Housing is expensive in Ivory coast
Ivory Coast is good but their cost in housing is a throat-killer
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by stagger: 6:56pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

Except you live where nigerians can be found in large number,asides that he will struggle because

It is their lingua franca, schools, churches, offices,police station, it is difficult to go about daily activities without knowledge of French except u get a local guide

Three months of intense lessons and he will be good to go.
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by musicutility(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2021
Sleekfingers:

hospitality jobs are high demands....due to the influx of tourist in that country....so food business is booming.......chef, etc..
I also met some nigerians there selling african food stuffs....

Dont know about teaching jobs....just try to some findings...
WHAT COUNTRY ARE WE TALKING BOUT HERE?

1 Like

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by dometome: 6:59pm On May 14, 2021
MansoryMX:

Gabon is one of the best country to live in Africa. I have relatives there who are living a quiet and peaceful lifestyle
bro think again. Ndi ukwu aja di bad
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by dometome: 7:01pm On May 14, 2021
Kingstanding:
. Be deceiving yourself the only thing I can say about Abidjan is stable electricity apart from that Lagos stand out amongst the best city to hustle in Africa countries. The police harassment to foreigners is nothing to talk about.
please elaborate on the police harrassment
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Amorprincesa24: 7:04pm On May 14, 2021
Okoyiboz3:

You are the one, not your friend. Stop telling foolish lies.

If you travel out and you keep lying like this, you will wake up one day and see that you've migrated to jail.

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Jdbrasco2: 7:05pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

I have lived there and I still visit friends when I am on break.
brake not break plz
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Drizzy5001(m): 7:06pm On May 14, 2021
Dubai or Kenya
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Sleekfingers: 7:09pm On May 14, 2021
musicutility:
WHAT COUNTRY ARE WE TALKING BOUT HERE?

botswana
Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by Sewgon79(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

Averagely 20% of people in Ivory coast are anago or Yoruba. If you are Yoruba. You can still communicate a bit. I remembered my first time of travelling to Abidjan. Not knowing the driver that took me from Garage is EJIGBO man. They are plenty there. When i started murmuring in Yoruba. He speak yoruba to me.

Moreso, tell the person to live around ANOUMABO, TREICHVILLE, ADJEME, YAMOUSOUKORO. There are flux of EJIGBO and OGBOMOSO people there. More also a lot of IBO boys live in PLATEAU or COCODY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by MrCuteAndLoaded: 7:11pm On May 14, 2021
Oduduwa Republic

1 Like

Re: Best African Country To Migrate To by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2021
Touchfarm:
Bros, am interested in senegal. What kind of business can one invest on in senegal?.
Senegal, been there, first the positives, I really liked the weather, they are very peaceful people, the law there works better than in Nigeria, power and water supply is constant, roads are decent. Garbage is collected every day for free
Negatives,
1, though I find them welcoming, Nigerians there have a bad reputation and they tend to avoid Nigerians especially when it comes to business, A dude once stepped on me in a club at the Almadies, and even threatened to deport 'all of us' if he ever gets into power.
2, You'll definitely have issues with their food. Infact they do not have good varieties.
3, Renting a decent apartment is expensive. Coupled with the fact that most landlords would prefer a Senegalese to a Nigerian.
4, There is a huge language barrier except you speak French, even that won't be enough as most uneducated Senegalese which makes up a large percentage of the country speak only Wolof.
5, They have limited public buses, so you might spend a lot on Taxis if you move around often.

To wrap it up, I had the intention of establishing a business there, I weighed my options and decided to invest in Naija. Though I am still questioning what led me to that decision.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Welcome To Oshodi Bus Interchange, Lagos / Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.