Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers (638 Views)

The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / The 10 Least Most Powerful Passports In Africa / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by enocholumide: 8:38am On May 12, 2021
Everyone should be careful, especially when dealing with Nigerian consulate officials - they are not above fraud, racketeering and collection of illegal admistrative charges.

This is a story of my experience with the Nigeria Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany.

I live in Germany with my family, about 1hour 30mins drive away from Frankfurt

On 03.03.21, I submitted two passport applications to the consulate - one for the renewal of my passport and a fresh one for my daughter. I paid 50 Euros in cash for their so called admin and logistics charges (I demanded for a receipt/ bank transfer/ payment with card - they said NO)

After 2 months of waiting, the consulate, via Deutsche Post sent me an empty package that was supposed to contain the two passports but it was empty.

The Deutsche post official affirmed and wrote on the paper that the package was received without content

I could not believe my eyes, immediately I drove down to the consulate in Frankfurt on 04.05.21 to get an explanation as to why nothing was in the package.

If you are familiar with the consulate in Frankfurt, you will know that they dont allow anyone inside their space.

I was able to speak with an official, he affirmed that the passport was sent and asked me what happened to it. I was like, are you asking me? Deutsche Post can not open the package and remove the contents, they can only scan the package. Moreover, I was the one that opened the package by myself and the content was empty!

He promised to check and reach back to me before the end of the week. After getting back to my town, i went to the police to file a police report and possible missing passports- just in case! After hearing my story, the policeman said the consulate might have sent an empty package!

Later on Friday, the consulate official called that the passports are not in the consulate and he will get back to me on Monday or Tuesday - marking one week after my official complaint!

I was feeling highly uncomfortable because my passport and that of my daughter can be with anyone at the moment.

On 11.5.21, I and my wife made another trip to the consulate, this time demanding to speak with the person in charge of passports.

Oh my! the boss have not been aware of the issue, this means I have been speaking to that official for over one week in vain - he has been posting me.

Immediately, we suspected that they have the passports and they have probably sold it to human traffickers due to the current passport scarcity.

We refused to leave the consulate and raised our voice in anger and told them to produce the passports immediately!!

Seeing that we were visibly angry and not going to leave, they called the German police.

About 7 policemen came to the consulate to attend to the matter and we explained what happened to them.

Unfortunately the policemen said they cannot do anything and we may have to involve a lawyer if we think that the passports have been sold to crimimals.

Lesson for people in Germany, if you can, do not let the consulate send you the passports, demand to come and get it by yourself.

This case might sound small, but consider these:

- if the passports are with criminal gangs selling children to Europe with fake passports in collaboration with our consulate officials and stealing identities - they should be busted!

- our consulate officials in Frankfurt can do better, they do not take responsibilities for their actions, they are not accountable and they are extremly rude.

- I am trying to raise awareness and get the consulate to take responsibility and produce the passports!

If you know anyone or have any hepful information on who I can reach out to, please help.

I have reached out to @abikedabiri on twitter. Link here: https://twitter.com/olumideigbiloba/status/1392137507601539072?s=20

cc lalasticla
Re: Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by 10mobile: 8:45am On May 12, 2021
What what what a decayed country! The bad odour of cow dung seems to follow everything Nigeria wherever it goes - even in Germany. Please, kindly click here to sign a petition to truly end open grazing in Nigeria and prevent war.

2 Likes

Re: Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:57am On May 12, 2021
Seun justwise

FP materials

Nigeria is getting messed up everyday

1 Like

Re: Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by Nobody: 10:31am On May 12, 2021
The old lady who did incantations against Nigeria is dead.

Unfortunately she passed on with information about location of where she buried the calabash.

1 Like

Re: Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by tellwisdom: 12:17pm On May 12, 2021
Bro, are you also sure no street hawker walked on them to take it immediately it was delivered?

Or did you meet with the delivery man yourself at the time of delivery?

1 Like

Re: Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by DICKstractor: 1:18pm On May 12, 2021
undecided

Nigerians do carry bad attitude enter obodo oyibo

1 Like

Re: Beware: Your Passports Can Be Sold To Human Traffickers by enocholumide: 1:40pm On May 12, 2021
tellwisdom:
Bro, are you also sure no street hawker walked on them to take it immediately it was delivered?

Or did you meet with the delivery man yourself at the time of delivery?

Because it is a package that should be collected in person, one is required to go to the nearest post office to pick the item up with a valid ID and your signature.

So, I collected the pacakage directly from the post office by myself.

(1) (Reply)

Teaching Job In Gambia / Boy Who Desperately Wants To Move Abroad Caught Hidden Inside Aeroplane Engine / Why Does London Attract So Many Tourists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.