Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

What Is It Like After Pregnancy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like After Pregnancy? (5587 Views)

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / How The Vagina Looks Like After Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by chatinent: 9:16am On May 16, 2021
mariahAngel:

This is good. grin

This is actually a good topic.

Thank you aplenty.

Mind I interview you on Nairaland today?
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by chatinent: 9:19am On May 16, 2021
cococandy:
If we are honest with you people, you won’t like it.
You will tell us how your mothers birthed 12 children and never complained. Nobody wants to go through all that and have it invalidated by the opinions of people who WILL NEVER understand it.
So what’s the point?

I wouldn't misunderstand. My wife going through all those is not a nice thing at all. No comparisons is life.✌️

Mind if I interviewed you on Nairaland today?
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by chatinent: 9:20am On May 16, 2021
cococandy:
I was angry after my first child. I felt betrayed by my under-preparation for the pains that followed . Because we are all led to believe that the pain and troubles ends after labor.

Those first 3-4 months are no joke. It’s literally the fourth trimester. Exhaustion from lack of sleep and the physical toll your body just went through. Super sore breastss and nippless. It’s painful.
Hormonal shifts that cause drastic mood swings. Balancing work, family and the new baby.

We should talk about it more so that new moms-to-be can be better prepared. It’s not all cuteness and happiness like they think

Wow.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by chatinent: 9:21am On May 16, 2021
cococandy:

I think they don’t do that so that young ladies don’t get discouraged from reproducing.
They do tell you it’s painful but once the baby arrives, all the pain varnishes and you won’t even remember it. Which is true but isn’t the whole truth. Yes the labor pain goes away but to be replaced by a different lingering type of stress/pain/exhaustion combination.

It was my first experience that prepared me for the second one, not any of the sugar coated old wives tales. Even then it wasn’t any easier. I just knew then what to really expect.

How many kids have you now?
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by mariahAngel(f): 10:20am On May 16, 2021
chatinent:

Thank you aplenty.

Mind I interview you on Nairaland today?

Sorry, but no.
Publicity makes me quite uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to start what I can't give my best.

Thank you. smiley
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by cococandy(f): 1:10pm On May 16, 2021
chatinent:

How many kids have you now?

Two

chatinent:

Mind if I interviewed you on Nairaland today?

Sure go ahead. If the questions are health and healing related, even better.

I may generalize when it comes to questions that require very intimate personal details but otherwise, I’ll do what I can to answer satisfactorily

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by chatinent: 1:30pm On May 16, 2021
cococandy:

Two

Sure ahead. If the questions are health and healing related, even better.

I may generalize when it comes to questions that require very intimate personal details but otherwise, I’ll do what I can to answer satisfactorily

Ok. I'll create a topic later.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by eazzzy1(m): 1:35pm On May 16, 2021
How can child bearing be like dying and going to heaven but you have 4 children? You like dying and going to heaven? I think women exaggerate the pain to men just because they know we will never get to experience it.

If men could give birth, we will give birth and 12am and be in the club at 12:30am same day.

5 Likes

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 16, 2021
mutter:
Kind of an empty feeling, so light and weak.
Especially the first time... It's so hard to belive thats your baby.
This great joy takes time to set in....

True 100%
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by cococandy(f): 3:08pm On May 16, 2021
chatinent:

Ok. I'll create a topic later.
why not this thread? Seems fine to me
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by Arsenate(m): 3:35pm On May 16, 2021
eazzzy1:
How can child bearing be like dying and going to heaven but you have 4 children? You like dying and going to heaven? I think women exaggerate the pain to men just because they know we will never get to experience it.

If men could give birth, we will give birth and 12am and be in the club at 12:30am same day.
Lmao, crack me up but I'm inclined to agree with you. Men don't make a fuss about things like that. I mean we work hard to feed our families and we do not rub it on our women's faces. We've been doing that for thousands of years. On the other hand, we know how Women (the very few) treat their spouses when they have to do that for a few weeks. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by chatinent: 4:04pm On May 16, 2021
cococandy:
why not this thread? Seems fine to me

Nah.

It always done on a separate topic.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by eazzzy1(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2021
Arsenate:

Lmao, crack me up but I'm inclined to agree with you. Men don't make a fuss about things like that. I mean we work hard to feed our families and we do not rub it on our women's faces. We've been doing that for thousands of years. On the other hand, we know how Women (the very few) treat their spouses when they have to do that for a few weeks. grin

Bro you know na, everything is tough for a woman, especially married women. When man fell from grace God cursed one with childbirth labour and the other with work labour, somehow one decided they were going to joggle both curses.

With the current crop of complaining mothers we have these days, the number of mother’s day we have in a year should be reduced.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by ImaIma1(f): 4:33pm On May 16, 2021
chatinent:

you never born?

Plus I wasn't pressed with hot water after birth.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by olabrinks(f): 5:10pm On May 16, 2021
eazzzy1:
How can child bearing be like dying and going to heaven but y have 4 children? You like dying and going to heaven? I think women exaggerate the pain to men just because they know we will never get to experience it.

well for me if I had my way I would stick with the one I have because motherhood is just a never ending journey filled with so much sacrifice and pain, yes there’s joy to it but in my opinion it’s just A LOT!!! The reason why I would consider having more children is because my son would probably be happier with a sibling, the pressure from your husband and family members. Watching the children grow together is an unexplainable feeling of happiness. In life you just have to make sacrifices, everything cannot be your way or you will never progress. But trust me motherhood is not too lovely.

6 Likes

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 5:21pm On May 16, 2021
Arsenate:

They will celebrate another mother's day in a bit, like the 50th one is it? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by Arsenate(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2021
crackhaus:

They will celebrate another mother's day in a bit, like the 50th one is it? cheesy
Lmao.
I fed my family for a week, I need to be celebrated for the next 3 weeks; I want mother's day celebrated for the next 21 days or we riot. grin
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by neztar: 5:38pm On May 16, 2021
mariahAngel:

Sorry, but no.
Publicity makes me quite uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to start what I can't give my best.

Thank you. smiley
no offence, you sound like an introvert.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by pocohantas(f): 5:45pm On May 16, 2021
I would have deactivated my account if the men who grow vaginas in their spare time didn’t comment on this thread with the usual BS as expected.

These ones na sure odds.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by AyarmBoye(m): 5:56pm On May 16, 2021
OyinNurse:

Having a baby, I mean the actual act of putting to bed is like you died, went to heaven and came back. I just had my fourth and had to be put to sleep (General Anesthesia) to have the CS because the clueless Anesthesiologist tried, unsuccessfully, for 2 hours to get an epidural in. It was like I died and came back, very surreal. Family dynamics of having one more child will be different and the mother, the dad, the couple as a unit, and the family as a whole will have to work through all of that to find a new equilibrium at the end of the tunnel. So no hard and fast rule about gender roles. There will be some things like breast-feeding that only the mom can do ( unless she expresses her milk through pumping, in which case the dad can bottle-feed the baby breast milk if mom is resting) but things like diaper change, kangaroo care etc are all fair game. If extended family is there to pitch in, that's good, and if not all is not lost. All hands have to be on deck and the entire family must show each other grace and patience because it is a period of adjustment.
i have a silly question,, a pregnant woman (about 2 months) while cleaning up sees blood stain, no cramps, no ache or abdominal pain..... is dat a miscarriage?
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by mariahAngel(f): 6:00pm On May 16, 2021
neztar:
no offence, you sound like an introvert.

Something in between introvert and extrovert...
I think ambivert is the right word. cheesy

...and I don't think introvert is an offensive word.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 6:03pm On May 16, 2021
Arsenate:

Lmao.
I fed my family for a week, I need to be celebrated for the next 3 weeks; I want mother's day celebrated for the next 21 days or we riot. grin
21 days? How dare you!

A true Queen celebrates it for 30 days straight.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by neztar: 6:13pm On May 16, 2021
mariahAngel:

Something in between introvert and extrovert... I think ambivert is the right word. cheesy
...and I don't think introvert is an offensive word.
all right
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by AyarmBoye(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2021
I have a silly question,, a pregnant woman (about 2 months) while cleaning up sees blood stain, no cramps, no ache or abdominal pain..... is dat a miscarriage?
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by OyinNurse(f): 6:50pm On May 16, 2021
AyarmBoye:
i have a silly question,, a pregnant woman (about 2 months) while cleaning up sees blood stain, no cramps, no ache or abdominal pain..... is dat a miscarriage?

First of all, absolutely no question is silly and a blood stain or spotting during pregnancy can be alarming but it is fairly common. Spotting could be red, pink or brown and could occur at any stage during pregnancy. Usually when such spotting is accompanied by abdominal or back pain, cramps, fever or if bleeding becomes profuse, should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. However, understand that a majority of spotting is benign. The cervix is undergoing a lot of changes die to pregnancy hormones and activities like sexual contact, cervical exam or physical exertion can cause said spotting. It does not necessarily indicate impending or ongoing miscarriage but pls seek medical assistance if in doubt. It is always better to err on the side of caution where pregnancy is concerned. Best wishes!
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by Kamachicho(f): 7:21pm On May 16, 2021
Arizoner:
how does pushing feel like compared to expelling waste product from the body. I want to know

Pushing is like when you are having constipation that is difficulty in pushing out graces. You give it all your strength to push it out, that exactly, is the similarity.
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by AyarmBoye(m): 7:33pm On May 16, 2021
OyinNurse:

First of all, absolutely no question is silly and a blood stain or spotting during pregnancy can be alarming but it is fairly common. Spotting could be red, pink or brown and could occur at any stage during pregnancy. Usually when such spotting is accompanied by abdominal or back pain, cramps, fever or if bleeding becomes profuse, should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. However, understand that a majority of spotting is benign. The cervix is undergoing a lot of changes die to pregnancy hormones and activities like sexual contact, cervical exam or physical exertion can cause said spotting. It does not necessarily indicate impending or ongoing miscarriage but pls seek medical assistance if in doubt. It is always better to err on the side of caution where pregnancy is concerned. Best wishes!
thanks I really appreciate you ........ God bless ur home
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by Sterope(f): 7:39pm On May 16, 2021
Check out the Edokita app. You can ask medical questions directly from your local GP and nurses.
AyarmBoye:
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by Sterope(f): 7:41pm On May 16, 2021
They don't exxagerate the pain. It is a pain that you forget. You know what it feels like but you will still go through it again.

Lol. Women have more pain tolerance than men. You won't be ble to do anything for a year grin

eazzzy1:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by OyinNurse(f): 8:40pm On May 16, 2021
AyarmBoye:
thanks I really appreciate you ........ God bless ur home

Amen! And yours too....
Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by OyinNurse(f): 8:46pm On May 16, 2021
eazzzy1:

That is the mystery of childbirth and the love between a man and a woman. Believe me, women do not exaggerate the pain of childbirth, but once the baby is placed in her arms, that sweet bundle of joy and the deeper love that develops between herself and her partner makes it all worth it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like After Pregnancy? by eazzzy1(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2021
Sterope:
They don't exxagerate the pain. It is a pain that you forget. You know what it feels like but you will still go through it again.

Lol. Women have more pain tolerance than men. You won't be ble to do anything for a year grin

Lol I’m pretty sure if someone was to punch you and I in the face, only one person will cry and it won’t be me. Only in theory do women have more pain tolerance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Bullet Energy Drink Alcoholic? / My Family Is Tearing Apart! Help / Can You Marry A Man That Is About To Get Divorced And Has 3 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.