Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? (30499 Views)

Far From Home: Netflix Series (Drop Your Review) / Mortal Kombat (2021) Movie Mp4 Download / Download Mortal Kombat 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by manikspears: 10:22am On May 13, 2021
Adakintroy:
What do you expect.

The world is full with copy and paste. no original ideals.

Na so them almost ruin my Terminator memory. I just wear my imaginary magnito helmet block them out. Enough.

See coming to America weh them make.

If not for advance c.g.i I wonder how movies would have been. Cus if it's simple origin story telling they be lost it complete.

That coming to America was a disaster. My advice to the story writers......they should go and learn car washing.,story writing is not their calling.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Ajibade123(m): 10:23am On May 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
the only disappointment in the movie was the story line and introduction of a new character maybe he might be in the next game.

any way the story line didnt go well with MK as we all know the rules, the combat begins first anything outside the ring is breaking d law n shangsung or what ever is name was doing it openly instead of hunting d fighters individually so they dont make it to the arena.

and raiden can only interfere if d rules are broken but nahh he just put up a protector that is link to a machine, and watch them fight each other.

the fighting is fine, the story not so much
two other sequels are in place
one for the tournament gan gan and the other after the tournament so this one was just 1/3 of the intended series
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by victorazy(m): 10:24am On May 13, 2021
stupidmod3:
the only disappointment in the movie was the story line and introduction of a new character maybe he might be in the next game.

any way the story line didnt go well with MK as we all know the rules, the combat begins first anything outside the ring is breaking d law n shangsung or what ever is name was doing it openly instead of hunting d fighters individually so they dont make it to the arena.

and raiden can only interfere if d rules are broken but nahh he just put up a protector that is link to a machine, and watch them fight each other.

the fighting is fine, the story not so much

I don't like the story line too

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Blueelf: 10:24am On May 13, 2021
Friedyokes:
acting was an intense dumpster fire .

story was rubbish.

only redemption was kano who carried the entire movie on his back with his acting , brought the character to life.

Exactly

I slept off during the movie self

The director is wack

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Slimdaddy3: 10:25am On May 13, 2021
I can still remember Nob Cyborg's brutality
XCABCZYXXAABBZCZC

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Classickj(m): 10:28am On May 13, 2021
descartes400:
To me, mortal kombat 2021 is basically poor!

I totally enjoy and prefer the anime version: Mortal Kombat: The Legend and Scorpions Revenge.
I really love it
I love this part sanya: holy shit Johnny cage can fight

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Nobody: 10:30am On May 13, 2021
The movie was trash,none of the characters where memorable unlike the first one, raiden was a bitch in this one and Shang tsung wasn’t as entertaining as the first movie. This clearly wasn’t for fans but for casual viewers , I cringe everything they made reference like fatality and finish him, it just wasn’t necessary. The story line was trash as well. That movie was 2/10.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Petersamuel8(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2021
The part I enjoyed most is when scorpion said "get over here" and where the f*** is Jonny Cage
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Josywhyte: 10:32am On May 13, 2021
The next MK should be directed by Stephen Spielberg(don't know if the last one is correct). That guy delivers cool movies when he directs
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Kaybenny(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2021
rex21:
MK 2021 was a complete disappointment and a stain on the MK franchise.
From their wack fight choreography to poor choice of characters.

1. Raiden was just looking like a dude trying very hard to look strict and hide his laughter

2. Shag tsung was looking more like a vampire.

3. Mighty liu kang was acting like a high school poet.

4. Story line was just wack too,

5. The best characters were jax, sonya blade, kano.

6 the next movie should please be made by another better director.

7. This movie only made headlines due to past glory (the old movie and the video game)

8. Lemme pause here for now to read other comments

Confirm
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Styluss: 10:37am On May 13, 2021
SenatePresdo:
Yet to watch the movie. But the truth is that Mortal Kombat is popular because of the video game.

The movie itself is overhyped. The storyline is just average, and more like a myth or Sci-fi?

The makers had MK gaming Fans on mind before embarking on the production.

Without the gaming Fans, MK wouldn't have gotten so popular. So every feature of the game that was replicated into the Movie isn't actually a waist of idea, because the movie is primarily for the fans.
the movies isn't overhyped... If u ssaw the ones made in the 90s

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Classickj(m): 10:38am On May 13, 2021
bejeria101:
My issues with movies like this. We know the basic story line coming to put what isnt there would just damage everything for the viewers.

Blunder of the century! Captain america carrying Thors hammer. Thor is a god not a human o.
shocked shocked shocked

Any one Worthy can lift Thor hammer
Read the comic book now
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by BigDan69: 10:38am On May 13, 2021
Chima this you?

Incognito403:
Today, I finally got to watch the much anticipated Mortal Kombat 2021 movie. Here's what I think about this movie.

Firstly, I wonder why there has been no frontpage thread about this movie. I mean, this movie is one of the biggest things this year (at least for Mortal Kombat fans).

Now to my review.

1. I've watched the trailer many times on YouTube but it didn't really impress me. But that still didn't stop me from thinking about this movie.

2. I've watched the two previous movies that were done on Mortal Kombat. I didn't enjoy the first movie but then mortal Kombat, to me, is like pizza (or sex); even when it's bad it's still good. But the second movie (mortal Kombat annihilation) was a lot better in my opinion.

3. Before watching this 2021 mortal Kombat movie, I'd read reviews online and I was surprised to see poor reviews. Many people said the movie wasn't made for everyone, instead it was directed at fans of the MK video game.

4. Personally, I enjoyed the movie. And the part I loved most is the plot twist when Cole was fighting Sub-Zero. It was superb. Then there's Kung Lao's fatality. Liu's dragon. Kano and Sonya's feud was featured. Most importantly was how well the directors used Sub-Zero. He was in top form throughout the movie. Among many others.

5. I do feel the directors deliberately featured big names to appease the MK fans. For example, Goro wasn't necessary.

6. I also feel the directors tried to cramp too many features of the video game into the movie. Many went well but some didn't fit. For example, Reiko didn't do anything significant in the movie.

In summary.
I enjoyed the movie and believe every MK fan will. As for non MK fans, you might be disappointed.

Nairalanders, what do you think?
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Kaybenny(m): 10:40am On May 13, 2021
RUBBISH
the fights are wack, characters wack.

Nonsense movie.

If you watch the cartoon of this same storyline, shame go catch you for this stupid thing they acted.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 13, 2021
Movie sucked, seemed as if it was directed by an apprentice. Poor character choice, character of Raiden did not look one bit convincing or godlike, tsang tsung character was horrible, the protagonist sucked so much I dont even know his name. Terrible movie.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Nobody: 10:41am On May 13, 2021
4/10
Storyline wack
The animation preceding the movie was way better
I expected scorpion to be way better than that bum ass
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Goldenheart(m): 10:42am On May 13, 2021
The animation mortal KOMBAT was better
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by shawante(m): 10:42am On May 13, 2021
oliverano:
cry

I celebrate what is good not just for me but for others but....

in the words of professor Paul Dawkins, my instructor at Lamar University...

"Don't not celebrate mediocrity even if you're compelled to"

The movie was well below average

Out world, Earth realm lol undecided undecided undecided

only character I enjoyed was Lord Raiden.

My rating is 4/5\10 Lord raiden was even one of the worst characters

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Kay25(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2021
I have watched it though i don't play the game the movie was still okay by the actions and stunts performed and u could even understand the game better from the movie especially those who hasn't played the game
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Ray07(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2021
cosse:
honestly it was kinda wack....all asian centered films are most times...(korean films are the worst)
storyline wasnt bad but the plot and graphics wasnt it at all.
South Korea movies is the best man . . . their cinematography is top notch.

Have you seen parasite, the wailing, okja, the closet, the call.

Those guys the try abeg

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by masterfactor(m): 10:45am On May 13, 2021
All fight scene did not contain the mortal kombat theme sing
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:46am On May 13, 2021
D tried but i expected more
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by ofiko123(m): 10:46am On May 13, 2021
I haven't played it so there is no review....
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:46am On May 13, 2021
It hurts that Princess Kitana and Jonny Cage wasn't there, but I guess there will be a continuation with the way the movie ended.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by cosse(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2021
Ray07:
South Korea movies is the best man . . . their cinematography is top notch.

Have you seen parasite, the wailing, okja, the closet, the call.

Those guys the try abeg
guy, na babes i sabi wey like those their films....maybe u right sha.cos av not watched the ones u listed up dere
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by olisaEze(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I played this game in the late 90s on super Nintendo.

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Forward forward down down A was his fatality.

Only legends can relate.

Mortal Kombat was the best in SNES! grin
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by pafo(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2021
Nato008:
The only thing I enjoyed was there last fight....especially that get over here... That phase dey burst head

"Come over here" you mean?
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:51am On May 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Only legends can relate.

Yep, I played it on Nintendo too, God bless my dad, he bought it for my kid bro, but I bullied the dude to always allow me play, my love for games though grin

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by seyz91(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2021
you are sighted!
FalseProphet1:

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Only legends can relate.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by stupidmod3: 10:54am On May 13, 2021
Ajibade123:

two other sequels are in place
one for the tournament gan gan and the other after the tournament so this one was just 1/3 of the intended series
they better make things right n make d fight more cgi not anime cgi oh
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:54am On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:

The only part I dislike about the movie's story is that Cole's costume. It looks like copy-paste from black panther. I was expecting something more superb. But it disappointed me.

When I also saw his costume I was like "what the hell kind of costume is that", very very wack.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by LINTUNE(m): 10:55am On May 13, 2021
ORLAHOLUWA:
The movie was shit it was done for the game lover I ain't expect such shit just like children movie

Go watch.... WITHOUT REMORSE I think its one the best movie for 2021
oga rest, have watched both, I'll pick mortal Kombat over it...go watch Zack Snyder , justice league , King Kong vs Godzilla ...those are hotter movies .....waiting for blackwidow next month, it's going to be a bomb ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Bisola And Her Siblings At Her 4th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / BBNaija 2018 First Saturday Party Time (Photos) / BBNAIJA 2019 : Crowd Storm Portharcourt Audition Center (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.