Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? (30500 Views)

Far From Home: Netflix Series (Drop Your Review) / Mortal Kombat (2021) Movie Mp4 Download / Download Mortal Kombat 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by TJaguar(m): 11:51am On May 13, 2021
Highest I can give it is 7/10
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by 3verblazing(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2021
abikason:
If mortal kombat 1 was this bad , it will not have a game and also a part 2

The storyline is poor
The action is poor
Outer world graphics is too poor for a 2021 movie
The story is too brief
Where have all the characters gone to?
I agree with u on the outer world graphics too poor. But for the characters ..there's going to be sequels to this one where more characters will be featured... clues were left in the movie to answer that... when Shang sung said he would be returning with an army ... and Cole going to Hollywood to meet someone... so this movie in my option is like a build up to the main.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by emmybliz(m): 12:01pm On May 13, 2021
oliverano:

Lui Kang main character(Protagonist \Actor)....yes replaced by a fcccking Cole Young..who directed this

But Sub Zero remains the most popular character as far as MK is concern.

The movie is a massive disappointed!

deleted it after the first day of seeing the movie.

That cole young that couldn't even beat sub zero. He needed the help of scorpion. There's nothing spectacular about that new character
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by sslcrypt: 12:08pm On May 13, 2021
Mr critic make una go direct your own..

I enjoyed the fight scenes, regardless of the storyline.

MK doesn't have a storyline so why is everyone slamming their heads about storyline.

I was there purely for the fight scenes and brutality, and I wasn't disappointed.

Shikena
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by spartan117(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2021
rex21:
MK 2021 was a complete disappointment and a stain on the MK franchise.
From their wack fight choreography to poor choice of characters.

1. Raiden was just looking like a dude trying very hard to look strict and hide his laughter

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Soulsymbol99: 12:22pm On May 13, 2021
rex21:

1. Raiden was just looking like a dude trying very hard to look strict and hide his laughter

2. Shag tsung was looking more like a vampire.

3. Mighty liu kang was acting like a high school poet.

4. Story line was just wack too,

5. The best characters were jax, sonya blade, kano.

6 the next movie should please be made by another better director.

7. This movie only made headlines due to past glory (the old movie and the video game)

8. Lemme pause here for now to read other comments

Thank u very much my brother. I rate dat movie same wit naija movies. undecided it is jst wack frm start 2 finish. I mean, must rayden's eyes always be lit? Itz jst like avatar Aang been always on Avatar state. I prefer d old MK any day.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Horokrox: 12:30pm On May 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I played this game in the late 90s on super Nintendo.

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Forward forward down down A was his fatality.

Only legends can relate.
Some these same buttons were also used in the combos and fatalities of game characters in Sega®
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by marksleek25: 12:49pm On May 13, 2021
For me, The ONLY thing I liked about the film was when the mortal kombat theme beat was played just when Scorpion said "come over here". Finish!! Massive disappointment apart from that tiny-weeny scene.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by drLammy(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2021
KingZaddy:
lalasticlala mynd44 shebi i do review on this movie since, i mentioned you guys in the post but una remove una name from the post but now you moved another person's review he posted just yesterday to front page... You finally confirmed what i was suspecting... weldone sirs

No be only you Bro
I think there's a thing going on behind the scenes of Nairaland.
Justwise , been removing my post to the extent of banning me on some occasions meanwhile let some people's similar post slide.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by obidevine(m): 12:57pm On May 13, 2021
I enjoyed it
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by felixnkubi: 12:58pm On May 13, 2021
just like people have said, kano carried the movie all through.. the new mk character was boring, wished they focused on Johnny cage instead of whoever that scorpion descendant is
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by ekenzify(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2021
XXBCYY BCYY BC XX AA

RAIN'S BRUTALITY BUTTON COMBO FOR SEGA

GOOD OLD DAYS grin

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by 100naira(m): 1:06pm On May 13, 2021
rex21:

Captain can carry Thor's hammer na. The blunder was him wielding lightening with it
no blunder there, Odin said "Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor".
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by DeAlphaMale(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2021
This people made liu kang a fucking weakling for christ sake...
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by yinkbell: 1:12pm On May 13, 2021
Subzero combo; YYBAX back X.
Still very fresh in my memory
Down forward B = Freeze
Down Y = uppercut
Mortal combat that time.... Oh how time flies.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by etinanguy(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2021
femi4:
Boring, just like the original. They need to work on the story line.
where can i download the movie and watch?
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by etinanguy(m): 1:14pm On May 13, 2021
sslcrypt:
Mr critic make una go direct your own..

I enjoyed the fight scenes, regardless of the storyline.

MK doesn't have a storyline so why is everyone slamming their heads about storyline.

I was there purely for the fight scenes and brutality, and I wasn't disappointed.

Shikena
pls where can i download the movie and watch?
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Incognito403: 1:27pm On May 13, 2021
rex21:

2. Shag tsung was looking more like a vampire.

3. Mighty liu kang was acting like a high school poet.

4. Story line was just wack too,

5. The best characters were jax, sonya blade, kano.

6 the next movie should please be made by another better director.

7. This movie only made headlines due to past glory (the old movie and the video game)

8. Lemme pause here for now to read other comments
I agree with all points except striked out parts.

I think the best characters were Subzero, Kano and Sonya in that order.

The past movies were also disappointing. Only the games had glory.

My opinion though.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by chrizzyace: 1:32pm On May 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I played this game in the late 90s on super Nintendo.

Y block
AAA
XX
YB
YB
YB

Liu Kang brutality.

Forward forward down down A was his fatality.

Only legends can relate.

Hahaha I remember when I used to go to write down combos, brutality, fatalities, friendship, animality and babalities... the days of Sega and Nintendo...

Those memories can never be erased , I'm married with 3 kids and I still play video games lol grin grin
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by 100naira(m): 1:34pm On May 13, 2021
My thoughts.

Having waited over a decade for a mortal Kombat movie since the disaster called Mortal Kombat Armageddon ( guilty pleasure sometimes for me grin ) I watched the movie with little expectations and I... Well the movie is definitely a B movie, most of the actors are C and D list so acting and dialogue was shiit most times. I went to see the movie purely for the fights and enjoyed some of them although some were just meh( Jax v Reiko and Cole v Milenna).

The story is set before the main tournament which makes sense because we need to relate to the characters before they defend Earrthrealm but the movie failed mostly here. Cole young's story was the stale "I'm fighting for my family" crap that we have seen over and over again so I was not invested in the character that was supposed to be a guide to the mortal Kombat universe.

The first 13 minutes of the movie was the best and the last act was crap and rushed. The movie suffered from pacing too much and the "arcana" bullshiit vex me Shaa , so you have to kill before you can get the mark except for Cole young of course who was born with it, imagine Jax being able to magically create his arm when he unlocked his arcana.

Kano carried the movie, the actor of course, Subzero was a boss ,Kung Lao, kabal and scorpion were great, Sonya, Jax and lui Kang were decent. Raiden and Shang tsung were just meh especially Raiden, he couldn't be arsed at all. The fatalities that were hyped had one or two decent fatalities (Kung Lao shredding Nitara into two with his hat was the best).

I really expect them to step up massively in the sequel, maybe hire a more experienced director and writers.

6/10 just on par with the first movie.

2 Likes

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by rex21: 1:35pm On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:

I agree with all points except striked out parts.

I think the best characters were Subzero, Kano and Sonya in that order.

The past movies were also disappointing. Only the games had glory.

My opinion though.

Yea, sub zero was a good character too, forgive me for skipping him, but jax was equally well suited for his role.

The past movies tump this one in comparison though.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Incognito403: 1:35pm On May 13, 2021
bejeria101:
My issues with movies like this. We know the basic story line coming to put what isnt there would just damage everything for the viewers.

Blunder of the century! Captain america carrying Thors hammer. Thor is a god not a human o.
shocked shocked shocked

Have you watched Aladdin that Will Smith featured in? Despite being so predictable it featured many plot twists that spiced up the movie.
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by KingZaddy(m): 1:37pm On May 13, 2021
drLammy:

No be only you Bro
I think there's a thing going on behind the scenes of Nairaland.
Justwise , been removing my post to the extent of banning me on some occasions meanwhile let some people's similar post slide.
they can never stop our moving forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Incognito403: 1:43pm On May 13, 2021
georgee:
The most useless 2021 movie after Coming 2 America

I am a big fan of Mortal Kombat, but this one is the most senseless after the first movie

Mortal Kombat Annihilation was better than this Crap.

If you want to enjoy better Mortal Kombat, please go and watch Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Animation and thank me later)
True, coming to America was horrible. While I won't mention MK and C2A in one breathe, i appreciate that you gave the award of horror to C2A.

1 Like

Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Incognito403: 1:44pm On May 13, 2021
kramer:

You should mention that your post contains SPOILERS!! so you don't ruin it for ppl yet to watch it.. luckily I stopped before going too far, but I know there's a plot twist somewhere angry angry angry

I tried to avoid spoilers in my review but then...
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:44pm On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:
Today, I finally got to watch the much anticipated Mortal Kombat 2021 movie. Here's what I think about this movie.

Firstly, I wonder why there has been no frontpage thread about this movie. I mean, this movie is one of the biggest things this year (at least for Mortal Kombat fans).

Now to my review.

1. I've watched the trailer many times on YouTube but it didn't really impress me. But that still didn't stop me from thinking about this movie.

2. I've watched the two previous movies that were done on Mortal Kombat. I didn't enjoy the first movie but then mortal Kombat, to me, is like pizza (or sex); even when it's bad it's still good. But the second movie (mortal Kombat annihilation) was a lot better in my opinion.

3. Before watching this 2021 mortal Kombat movie, I'd read reviews online and I was surprised to see poor reviews. Many people said the movie wasn't made for everyone, instead it was directed at fans of the MK video game.

4. Personally, I enjoyed the movie. And the part I loved most is the plot twist when Cole was fighting Sub-Zero. It was superb. Then there's Kung Lao's fatality. Liu's dragon. Kano and Sonya's feud was featured. Most importantly was how well the directors used Sub-Zero. He was in top form throughout the movie. Among many others.

5. I do feel the directors deliberately featured big names to appease the MK fans. For example, Goro wasn't necessary.

6. I also feel the directors tried to cramp too many features of the video game into the movie. Many went well but some didn't fit. For example, Reiko didn't do anything significant in the movie.

In summary.
I enjoyed the movie and believe every MK fan will. As for non MK fans, you might be disappointed.

Nairalanders, what do you think?

Under what platform did you watch it?
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by nadleeh: 1:44pm On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:
Today, I finally got to watch the much anticipated Mortal Kombat 2021 movie. Here's what I think about this movie.

Firstly, I wonder why there has been no frontpage thread about this movie. I mean, this movie is one of the biggest things this year (at least for Mortal Kombat fans).

Now to my review.

1. I've watched the trailer many times on YouTube but it didn't really impress me. But that still didn't stop me from thinking about this movie.

2. I've watched the two previous movies that were done on Mortal Kombat. I didn't enjoy the first movie but then mortal Kombat, to me, is like pizza (or sex); even when it's bad it's still good. But the second movie (mortal Kombat annihilation) was a lot better in my opinion.

3. Before watching this 2021 mortal Kombat movie, I'd read reviews online and I was surprised to see poor reviews. Many people said the movie wasn't made for everyone, instead it was directed at fans of the MK video game.

4. Personally, I enjoyed the movie. And the part I loved most is the plot twist when Cole was fighting Sub-Zero. It was superb. Then there's Kung Lao's fatality. Liu's dragon. Kano and Sonya's feud was featured. Most importantly was how well the directors used Sub-Zero. He was in top form throughout the movie. Among many others.

5. I do feel the directors deliberately featured big names to appease the MK fans. For example, Goro wasn't necessary.

6. I also feel the directors tried to cramp too many features of the video game into the movie. Many went well but some didn't fit. For example, Reiko didn't do anything significant in the movie.

In summary.
I enjoyed the movie and believe every MK fan will. As for non MK fans, you might be disappointed.

Adapting Video Games to Movies is not an easy job. Hollywood always try to make what they don't fully understand and will not even try understand, getting directors and writers that are not fans of a property to mess things up. Sadly Mortal Kombat 2021 falls in this category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZEtXx_4T-w

Nairalanders, what do you think?
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Incognito403: 1:47pm On May 13, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Under what platform did you watch it?
I download it. Someone posted a link to it on NL here.

I'll share the link with you.

Edit. Here's the link to the thread where I got the download link.
https://www.nairaland.com/6538337/mortal-combat-2021-movie#101603662
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:47pm On May 13, 2021
Incognito403:

I download it. Someone posted a link to it on NL here.

I'll share the link with you.

Thanks
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Incognito403: 1:48pm On May 13, 2021
Re: Mortal Kombat 2021: What's Your Review? by Juicethekid: 1:56pm On May 13, 2021
I've not watched it but it seems like they didn't add the good sub zero here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Bisola And Her Siblings At Her 4th Birthday (Throwback Photo) / BBNaija 2018 First Saturday Party Time (Photos) / BBNAIJA 2019 : Crowd Storm Portharcourt Audition Center (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.