Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. (1916 Views)

TECNO Eyes Bigger Market Share In India This Festive Season / Alaba International Market Traders Are Criminals. / Buy At Alaba International(phone Accessories, Empty Rewriteable Cd And Dvd)etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by macrodata(m): 2:40pm On May 12, 2021
Good day Nairalanders!

We've discussed about Ikeja Computer Village is a previous to thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6549067/welcome-ikeja-computer-village-kindly
and there is need to talk about Alaba International Market as well.

The essence of this thread is to be vigilant when you are in the market to purchase items, let's discuss our experiences so that others will learn a thing or two. I'll start first.

My Experience
Some years ago my friends & I came to Lagos from the North to pursue a career in music. We decided to visit the famous "Alaba" for sightseeing & purchase a sound system for rehearsals.

We got to the market and different young men approached us with offers of goods & services. They were persuasive, protective & gentle with us even as we walked pompously around looking at various items with snubby nose.

We were lured to a shop, the shop owner gave us chairs, switched on gen & fan. We started talking business. All the items he showed us were expensive compared to our budget but we kept insisting that he sell a particular sound system for N20k, he was pleading for N45k. Finally we accepted, gave him cash & signed the receipt (he insisted we hurry with the goods so that his boss will not turn down the transaction). We signed and he gave us only one loudspeaker.

I don't understand!

He said look at what you signed.
Receipt: One LG sound System Speaker Only!

We complained & he threatened to call us thieves and have us beaten in the market. He said "even if you call Soldier, nothing dem fit do... We don deal people from Cotonou, Ghana & other places. You these Mallams from North think you have sense"

We begged oh! He later added one small Tweeter speaker so we can leave his shop immediately.

Moral: Shine ya eyes in Alaba!

Share your story if you've had any issues in Alaba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by SodO9: 2:44pm On May 12, 2021
grin grin
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by doggedfighter(f): 2:55pm On May 12, 2021
Funny
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by illicit(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by MikeMicheal(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2021
Wahala�
Moral lesson: Before you sign anything, make sure you read it.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by QuinModah(f): 2:58pm On May 12, 2021
grin
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Offpoint1: 3:08pm On May 12, 2021
I'm always strapped
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 12, 2021
Read before you sign lol

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by sunshineV(f): 3:09pm On May 12, 2021
i've never reach here in my life but
i have dis egbon that likes buying
all his stuff in alaba...dem dey
scam dis egbon back 2 back bt e
no dey here word like wen e bought
a tv without the follow come screen, dey hold d tv with brown
tape and cut one thin glass
deir...i was just laughing bt he still
went back to pay for ps4 with one
pad but dey gave him faulty xbox
one without pad but with fifa 20

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Reelmii: 3:48pm On May 12, 2021
Wahala full lagos oo

Who no go no know
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Jokesnice(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2021
Actually if you are going to Alaba to buy something, most especially used tv or any Electronics item that needs testing. Just be extremely careful when signing the receipt. Take time to read the fine lines wella it will do u good. What they usually do is, when u buy let's say a used led TV, they will might sell it to u at a very low price and then when it comes go time to test it. They will hand u off to someone I will call "the washer". The smooth talking mf will now start asking u if u are using it or selling it. See question, lol. Of course he knows u are using it, so when u now reply, he will advise u not to buy that one that it usually has issues and will find a way to find fault with that particular TV prompting u to go back to the seller to ask for another brand of TV which he must have told u that it was the better brand. Now they will increase the price of that one and most often than not u will end up buying a low grade TV at a higher price range whereas the first TV u had earlier bought or wanted to buy was original.
Knowing all this, I went to Alaba to buy a Stabilizer for my freezer. I had in mind to buy Qasa 2000kva which I was told was being sold at 9,500 by a friend then. I went to a shop and we bargained price and he ended up selling it to me at 9k whereas a friend of mine had bought it a 9,500 just two days ago. I was happy, then he suggested I should go for testing to see whether it works. I went with the guy that was supposed to test it for me. This guy keeps telling me that the stabilizer I bought is fake and had only one coil, that I should buy a super master stabilizer that has two coils. I just laughed, grabbed the stab out of his hand and went back to the seller to collect my receipt. The seller kept asking me what's wrong. I told him I don't want to test it anymore, I just want to collect my receipt and go. This guy refused to give me my receipt. OK, package it for me let me go bcus it was brought out of its carton when we went to test it. He still refused. I just carried the stabilizer like that and started going home. When he saw how serious I was, he ran after me and started telling me that the price he gave me is not the actual price and I should give him an additional 500h so he can give me receipt. I didn't even listen to him as I entered bike and went home like that. Has been more than three years now and am still using the stabilizer and it's working perfectly.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Proffdada: 4:43pm On May 12, 2021
macrodata:
Good day Nairalanders!

We've discussed about Ikeja Computer Village is a previous to thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6549067/welcome-ikeja-computer-village-kindly
and there is need to talk about Alaba International Market as well.

The essence of this thread is to be vigilant when you are in the market to purchase items, let's discuss our experiences so that others will learn a thing or two. I'll start first.

My Experience
Some years ago my friends & I came to Lagos from the North to pursue a career in music. We decided to visit the famous "Alaba" for sightseeing & purchase a sound system for rehearsals.

We got to the market and different young men approached us with offers of goods & services. They were persuasive, protective & gentle with us even as we walked pompously around looking at various items with snubby nose.

We were lured to a shop, the shop owner gave us chairs, switched on gen & fan. We started talking business. All the items he showed us were expensive compared to our budget but we kept insisting that he sell a particular sound system for N20k, he was pleading for N45k. Finally we accepted, gave him cash & signed the receipt (he insisted we hurry with the goods so that his boss will not turn down the transaction). We signed and he gave us only one loudspeaker.

I don't understand!

He said look at what you signed.
Receipt: One LG sound System Speaker Only!

We complained & he threatened to call us thieves and have us beaten in the market. He said "even if you call Soldier, nothing dem fit do... We don deal people from Cotonou, Ghana & other places. You these Mallams from North think you have sense"

We begged oh! He later added one small Tweeter speaker so we can leave his shop immediately.

Moral: Shine ya eyes in Alaba!

Share your story if you've had any issues in Alaba.
It's not as bad as it is. If you're friendly with them, they will be honest with you. I've had my experiences though. It wasn't pleasant
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Kondomatic(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2021
So I was in Alaba to buy goods a long time ago. Back then when Keke was new on our roads. That was also my first time using one.

I was very uncomfortable because of my long legs but that was the only option so I said okay, let's do it and then boom!, a bus came out from nowhere and hit the Keke from behind.

The Keke reacted like it was expecting the impact. The thing just made "vruuuuuuim" sound and picked race like person wey thief phone inside computer village.

Took the rider a some seconds to get it under control.

And that was how I developed fear for Keke, I don't use it anymore, e better make I trek if taxi or bike no dey.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Shellsploit: 5:20pm On May 12, 2021
Jokesnice:
Actually if you are going to Alaba to buy something, most especially used tv or any Electronics item that needs testing. Just be extremely careful when signing the receipt. Take time to read the fine lines wella it will do u good. What they usually do is, when u buy let's say a used led TV, they will might sell it to u at a very low price and then when it comes go time to test it. They will hand u off to someone I will call "the washer". The smooth talking mf will now start asking u if u are using it or selling it. See question, lol. Of course he knows u are using it, so when u now reply, he will advise u not to buy that one that it usually has issues and will find a way to find fault with that particular TV prompting u to go back to the seller to ask for another brand of TV which he must have told u that it was the better brand. Now they will increase the price of that one and most often than not u will end up buying a low grade TV at a higher price range whereas the first TV u had earlier bought or wanted to buy was original.
Knowing all this, I went to Alaba to buy a Stabilizer for my freezer. I had in mind to buy Qasa 2000kva which I was told was being sold at 9,500 by a friend then. I went to a shop and we bargained price and he ended up selling it to me at 9k whereas a friend of mine had bought it a 9,500 just two days ago. I was happy, then he suggested I should go for testing to see whether it works. I went with the guy that was supposed to test it for me. This guy keeps telling me that the stabilizer I bought is fake and had only one coil, that I should buy a super master stabilizer that has two coils. I just laughed, grabbed the stab out of his hand and went back to the seller to collect my receipt. The seller kept asking me what's wrong. I told him I don't want to test it anymore, I just want to collect my receipt and go. This guy refused to give me my receipt. OK, package it for me let me go bcus it was brought out of its carton when we went to test it. He still refused. I just carried the stabilizer like that and started going home. When he saw how serious I was, he ran after me and started telling me that the price he gave me is not the actual price and I should give him an additional 500h so he can give me receipt. I didn't even listen to him as I entered bike and went home like that. Has been more than three years now and am still using the stabilizer and it's working perfectly.

Ma niggga
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by ecomalchemist(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2021
Shebi tele tele, lama fo fun won wipe
K’oma wa l’oru, toripe awa ti jade
Amo ni sinyi o,
Ton ba wa losan, ton ba wa loru,
Awa n be ni be, awa o de le fo fun won
Toripe awa Tingasa, awa o de le sa fun won
Aye yi o le o, (Aye yi o le)
Aye lo m’aye le, (Aye lo m’aye le)
Ninu aye lo ti di f’aye, Aye lo m’aye le,
(Aye lo m’aye le)
Aye yi o le o, (Aye yi o le)
Aye lo m’aye le, (Aye lo m’aye le)
Ninu aye lo ti di f’aye, Aye lo m’aye le,
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Olibboy: 5:31pm On May 12, 2021
Dj real the emir of alaba
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Bluehill1051: 7:13pm On May 12, 2021
Alaba tough o!
I was there just last week to buy a sewing machine... Christ! It was horrible.
I ended up not buying the machine, left with a bruised ankle from Aboki truck pusher, wasted transport and time.
Worst thing about that Alaba is that there're too many conners, I SWEAR DOWN! All shops look the same and they're all speaking Igbo.
Yoruba go die for their middle

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Adewale1603(m): 8:14am On May 13, 2021
old story, we've read this particular story before

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by macrodata(m): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2021
Adewale1603:
old story, we've read this particular story before
Please share link or forever be silent. I've better things to do than recycle someone else's writeup. This is not a story, this is my life's experience.
Re: Welcome To Alaba International Market: Share Your Experience. by Adewale1603(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
macrodata:
Please share link or forever be silent. I've better things to do than recycle someone else's writeup. This is not a story, this is my life's experience.
maybe it's just similar

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Gateway Mini Laptop 3g With Sim Slot @ 49k / Brand New Ipad 2 For Sale N110k / E3500 Explosive/bomb Detector Available For Sale In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.