Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village (562 Views)

Mutant Calf With 'Human Head' Born Sparking Bestiality Fears In Thailand Village / This New Sea Slug Can Cut Off Its Own Head & Still Live For Months (Pics, Video) / What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village by IdowuRufai: 4:31pm On May 12, 2021
Agberos at Computer Village are something else. I went to fix a phone and get some accessories at Computer Village in ikeja recently, If you frequent CV you will know that there are guys who beacon on cars to park on reserve slots on the road for a fee. So on this faithful day, I parked as usual on the road side and the dude said per hour is #500, I just told him I won’t be long and I will give him something when I’m leaving.

I arrived around 10.30am and unfortunately, before I finished with fixing of my phone and buying some accessories, it took more than 2 hrs. When I came out, I checked my car and I was surprised that my plate number was missing, front and back. I got furious and asked the agbero guy who was always hanging around to collect his pay what happened. The dude told me that POLICE officers on patrol collected the plate number, that he tried to look for me but that he didn’t find me. I was a little bit apprehensive. He now said that they dropped a message that I should come to their station to collect it. I got really angry because I know those guys liaise with these officers who allow them to park cars. Worse case scenario they will settle them. He later told me that he knows an officer who can help us but that the dude will charge as much as 10k.

I just told him we will go together, luckily a friend of mine is a good friend of an area commander where he said the police officers came from. So I placed a call to him to reach out to the officer and help us retrieve it or make the process faster. As the dude saw that I was making a call and obviously heard our conversation, he said I should wait that there’s no need calling people that it can be sorted easily with the patrol guys.

I told him not to worry, that the commander will reach out to the patrol team and we can meet up to retrieve the plate number. All of a sudden, the tune changed, he told me I should wait that actually he was the one that removed it, that I took so long. At the hearing of this I got completely mad, I told him I will arrest him, I raised my voice at him, people around who hitherto corroborated his story when I enquired from them said I should calm down, that he helped me by removing it that if not it would have been taken by the police officers that they actually came, he too begged and said he helped me.

I was so annoyed because he lied, also he wanted to extort money from me and lastly this has taken a lot of time without him telling the truth. If I didn’t know someone, he would have extorted money from me. Last last, he brought the plate number fixed it and I left angrily, I ended up giving him #400. I didn’t want to give him anything but then, I just felt different on the day. Since then I park at the mall at the New Car Park on Medical road which is safe and the rate is cheaper.
Re: Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village by Shellsploit: 4:42pm On May 12, 2021
The niggga wan scam u for broad day light.

My military cap and koboko on my vehicle s dashboard does the job.
Re: Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village by yanabasee1(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2021
With the way people complain about computer village and other crimes in Lagos... Can't the government put this place into other for people to be safe around the area?
Re: Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village by iamyemiakins(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2021
Shellsploit:
The niggga wan scam u for broad day light.

My military cap and koboko on my vehicle s dashboard does the job.

grin grin grin
Re: Be Mindful Of This New Agbero Tactics, My Experience At Computer Village by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2021
Man must chop and live life.

But madness of people is really on the increase.

Theives at every corner.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Messages And How To Fix It? / Elon Musk Becomes Twitter's Largest Shareholder / Chemistry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.