Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning (1323 Views)

So Sorry I Was Busy Since Morning. Rice Bran / Maximizing Profit In Snail Farming, Ese Temisan Ikponmwonba Ceo, Shell Crop Farm / Palm Kernels Shell Separating Machine For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 5:46pm On May 12, 2021
This my snail has been out of its shell since morning. It is still alive but has refused to enter its shell. What could be the problem?

1 Like

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Kosoco(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2021
Animal Forum will take if to FP sharply
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Folabifreeman(m): 6:02pm On May 12, 2021
Vff
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 6:16pm On May 12, 2021
Folabifreeman:
Vff

Pls what is vff
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2021
I've brought it out of the snail house. It is still alive but looks very sluggish

1 Like

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by overdrive(m): 6:26pm On May 12, 2021
Symptoms of malaria in snail grin

1 Like

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by xpressionx(m): 6:51pm On May 12, 2021
Bros the snail no wan do again abi you dey forbid snail pepper soup? sharply arrange 5 others join am do small pepper soup.
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 12, 2021
Royver:
This my snail has been out of its shell since morning. It is still alive but has refused to enter its shell. What could be the problem?

You won't get any reasonable info here on Nairaland.

Go online and scour the internet until you find out why that snail is acting funny.

Do not depend on nairalanders for answers to stuff like these as they are not very inclined to study nature.

But my two cents, try isolating that particular snail from the rest for now. I used to keep snails as pets when I was little and I think I still remember my dad who used to help me with my snail 'colony', telling me that snails are very prone to diseases.

I think the snail in your picture might be suffering from something and it might be infectious and jeopardise the lives of those smaller ones around it.

But it's still up to you to find out what the problem is. My guess: it might just be some sort of fungus or fungal infection.

Take care of it.

And whilst at it, watch out for your own well-being as well. Some snail diseases can be quite dangerous to humans too.
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by christejames(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2021
Well I think it's nothing to worry about, maybe the specie of snails you rear are fond of doing that...

Below is what I saw online:

"...The consumption of calcium also helps strengthen a snail's shell. ... Wherever they live, all snails must come out of their shells to find food and reproduce."

I think it's either your snail wants to reproduce or eat that's why.
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by christistruth01: 9:00pm On May 12, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Go online and scour the internet until you find out why that snail is acting funny.

Do not depend on nairalanders for answers to stuff like these as they are not very inclined to study nature.

But my two cents, try isolating that particular snail from the rest for now. I used to keep snails as pets when I was little and I think I still remember my dad who used to help me with my snail 'colony', telling me that snails are very prone to diseases.

I think the snail in your picture might be suffering from something and it might be infectious and jeopardise the lives of those smaller ones around it.

But it's still up to you to find out what the problem is. My guess: it might just be some sort of fungus or fungal infection.

Take care of it.

And whilst at it, watch out for your own well-being as well. Some snail diseases can be quite dangerous to humans too.

Sprinkle some bitter leaf water on it and see if it improves
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Lucrativress(f): 9:01pm On May 12, 2021
Royver:
If it seems like blom blom like it is swollen beyond its normal state then your Snail has bloated.
This is either due to excess moisture or indigestion
How soggy is your soil?
Also what's your feed formulation?
If it is not excess moisture then one of the ingredients in your feed caused that.

1 Like

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Lucrativress(f): 9:11pm On May 12, 2021
Royver:
I've brought it out of the snail house. It is still alive but looks very sluggish
Use your hand to massage the part of its skin that seems bloated,do this gently like you're ironing it,see if it presses down,it's eyes has to get slim back or else I'm sorry that snail will die,it's always better to avoid hazards or else get ready for mortalities.
So massage the bloated part and try and see what comes out,if liquid(water) comes out then abeg,get the soil in your Pen drier,already the humidity presently is high due to this Rainy Season so reduce your watering,something tells me its excess moisture though

2 Likes

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 9:26pm On May 12, 2021
xpressionx:
Bros the snail no wan do again abi you dey forbid snail pepper soup?
sharply arrange 5 others join am do small pepper soup.

Lol
I still want make e big small
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 9:28pm On May 12, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Take care of it.

Thanks for this, I've isolated the snail from the others. Was expecting it to have died by now but it's still responding to stimulus. I tried warming it by the fire cos I heard it might be snail pneumonia lipsrsealed

As for the diseases, yeah, washed myhands thoroughly.
Thanks!
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 9:29pm On May 12, 2021
christejames:
Well I think it's nothing to worry about, maybe the specie of snails you rear are fond of doing that...

Below is what I saw online:

"...The consumption of calcium also helps strengthen a snail's shell. ... Wherever they live, all snails must come out of their shells to find food and reproduce."

I think it's either your snail wants to reproduce or eat that's why.

I doubt. Normally if you touch snail it will run back into its shell. This one refused to enter back no matter how many times I poked it.

1 Like

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 7:24am On May 13, 2021
Lucrativress:

If it seems like blom blom like it is swollen beyond its normal state then your Snail has bloated.
This is either due to excess moisture or indigestion
How soggy is your soil?
Also what's your feed formulation?
If it is not excess moisture then one of the ingredients in your feed caused that.

The soil has been quite soggy since the rains started. I used plantain leaves to cover the bottom of the snail pen before adding soil cos I wanted to keep in the moisture during the dry season. So that might actually be a reason.

I don't know about feed formulation oh, I just buy snail feed and give to them, lol. But yeah the rains have been soaking that up as well.

Thanks so much, I'll look into it
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Lucrativress(f): 9:33am On May 13, 2021
[right][/right]r
Royver:

The soil has been quite soggy since the rains started. I used plantain leaves to cover the bottom of the snail pen before adding soil cos I wanted to keep in the moisture during the dry season. So that might actually be a reason.

I don't know about feed formulation oh, I just buy snail feed and give to them, lol. But yeah the rains have been soaking that up as well.

Thanks so much, I'll look into it
Snail's and atmospheric conditions are 5 and 6
Always be ready to alterate your atmospheric regulations during Seasons
You see that their skin ehn, they breath through it,it's like hundreds of breathing molecules,so when the atmosphere changes,their skin absorbs it,either high temperature or humidity or moisture.
Reduce your watering,do some alterations to the plantain leaves,you do not need to retain moisture again,theres enough water vapour in the air.

2 Likes

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Ishilove: 10:21am On May 13, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Take care of it.

Amazing...
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Ishilove: 10:22am On May 13, 2021
Lucrativress:

Use your hand to massage the part of its skin that seems bloated,do this gently like you're ironing it,see if it presses down,it's eyes has to get slim back or else I'm sorry that snail will die,it's always better to avoid hazards or else get ready for mortalities.
So massage the bloated part and try and see what comes out,if liquid(water) comes out then abeg,get the soil in your Pen drier,already the humidity presently is high due to this Rainy Season so reduce your watering,something tells me its excess moisture though
Oh my... Massage that slimy creature?? embarassed
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Lucrativress(f): 11:38am On May 13, 2021
Ishilove:

The specie he has isn't soo slimy grin
And the feel is just a soft rubbery feel,cool and not so drawy
What will you now say about Snail's massaging you grin
Don't say you heard it here but the feel is a rush of thousand tingly sensations erupting within second's, especially when they nibble a bit at your skin grin
It's like soft cold caresses with calmness that gives tingly jolts time after time.
Try a snail massage, you'll understand everything I've just written and nothing short of it grin

2 Likes

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Lucrativress(f): 12:07pm On May 13, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Stop stereotyping, most Nairalanders are way better than who you think they are and you must know researches are not cheap,it is individually funded,if they've not spoken,they don't want to ni,".....inclined to study nature"
If only you know.....
I could have just shut my mouth up like others you know, doesn't mean I don't have a firsthand experience of his problem or "not inclined to study nature"
What you see on the Net are what people wrote there....not Robots wink

2 Likes

Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2021
Ishilove:

It's quite a relaxing feeling, massaging the snail's skin and feeling that healthy sliminess grin tongue
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Royver(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2021
Lucrativress:

Don't say you heard it here but the feel is a rush of thousand tingly sensations erupting within second's, especially when they nibble a bit at your skin grin
It's like soft cold caresses with calmness that gives tingly jolts time after time.
Try a snail massage, you'll understand everything I've just written and nothing short of it grin
grin
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Ishilove: 2:50pm On May 13, 2021
Royver:

It's quite a relaxing feeling, massaging the snail's skin and feeling that healthy sliminess grin tongue
Snails are forbidden where I come from embarassed
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by Ishilove: 2:51pm On May 13, 2021
Lucrativress:

Heh. I'll pass, thanks but no thanks cheesy
Re: Snail Out Of Its Shell Since Morning by MrBONE2(m): 8:41pm On May 13, 2021
Lucrativress:

grin

(1) (Reply)

Complete Sprinkler RPS System For Sale / Easy Christmas Money: Resell Live Broiler And Layer Chickens / Invest In Chilli Pepper Sachet (10gram Rolls) Powder production .(ata Gigun).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.