Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. (28676 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Sister Is Draining Me Financially / Help!!! My New Environment Is Draining Me "FINANCIALLY" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Makemoneywithme: 11:23am On May 13, 2021
Move to Lagos sharpy, else Ogun state will drain your mentality and soon you will start to think like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1cCGjZP_IU
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by oyepaulkay(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2021
There are areas in Lagos that are not noisy and cool.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Nobody: 11:28am On May 13, 2021
ikay00406:

Which area?

Are you interested? I have for let.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by antiterrorism(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

See as u mention the money like say na small change, its not as if I can't afford it but then I will have to empty all the little savings I get and before I know it 1 year don pass and am left with nothing, if things
don't work as planned in lagos
Bro cometo Epe
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by GentlePEACE: 11:33am On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

See as u mention the money like say na small change, its not as if I can't afford it but then I will have to empty all the little savings I get and before I know it 1 year don pass and am left with nothing, if things don't work as planned in lagos

Don't mind him. There are good selfcon for 200k per annum.

I live in a standard mini flat with visitor's toilet and a small dining room for less than 300k per Annum, it's even situated in an Estate on the mainland.

2 bedroom flat sef is like 400k here. Lagos is neat and less noisy if you don't live close to the market. Don't believe everything you read online. I can link you up with my Agent if you wish.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Mobog(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2021
Well, there are some part of ogun state that are very cool, maybe ops got is accommodation in a getto area, And ofcourse all state in Nigeria has that.

I've been staying in ogun state for more than 15yrs, I don't relate with anybody anyhow, I give myself a standard and perhaps who you're really matters alot, I've friends that we grew up together doing fine and educated ones.

I stay in a cool community here in sango ota where there's atleast 10hrs of electricity and comfortable apartment everywhere for you to stay...I got myself a generator n I go to work, nairaland as been killing my boredom n it's really working for me!

The question is are you sure you IQ is high for you to manage the environment?
You should have meet with somebody who understands the type of person you're before getting the accommodation for you!
Maybe you self they do gragra when you arrive!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by cmecproblem(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2021
Come to Nairaland or Twitter and have intellectual conversations.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by FalseProphet1(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2021
Ishilove:
It reminds me of my service year. That year was the most miserable year of my short life as, like you I'm an introvert and I couldn't relate with the locals as they were housewives and cocoa farmers who barely spoke English. Other corp members were a bit of a distance from the village where I resided so I was always alone, battling goats and talking aloud to myself. In that village I realized why goats are called 'stubborn', was toasted by almost every walking male, and of course, for the first time discovered it would be very easy to have multiple boyfriends. I however did not choose that kind of dirty life so I endured intense loneliness.

You have to change your environment because you will be miserable. Don't bother looking for who you can relate with, just change your environment. Change it!!! I speak from experience. Change it!!! I cannot speak English too much. CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!
Haaaa he as heard na, this one you're screaming change it upandan e don do na. sad
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by samshoz(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2021
Bro, we have those vices everywhere. Biko, come to Sango, Ogun State. It's close to Lagos but on the outskirts. Housing is considerably very affordable.

I like your mindset, but you may need a regular job and be fueling your music passion by the side until you breakthrough and start your career full time, as suggested previously by some smart dudes here.

My opinion
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by SeaTrade(m): 12:32pm On May 13, 2021
ogbuefi677:

I swear.
With electricity, internet,money for alcohol and cigarettes, I can stay indoors for 2 months.
All the company a human needs is in the internet nowadays.
You can be online from morning to night on WhatsApp calls with who you want.
Download and play music nonstop with you small bluetooth speaker,watch your football matches with your phone online.The list is endless
obguefi my man grin
I no know say you follow me dey burn cigar ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by papyskinsy: 12:33pm On May 13, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Experiencing same shit in my area too.....i can't even walk the street to the main junction...i have to enter keke napep or bike from the front of my gate. Even those who have small handwork for the street will cum and meet you and be begging money.......there is garage in the main junction full of thugs begging money from any body that passby, some even carry bike enter streets and stop people on the way to beg for money. The thing don too much nowadays.... Hunger dey this country aswear.

Brother I can really relate from your experience.. mehn dis lag na die.. thugss everywhere.. imagine me not been able to buy all this fresh bakery bread.. or holding supermarket nylon.. mehn no even try that one enter my street dem go rush yu.. dey prostrate up and down.. for their mind you be big man.. must everyone eat agege bread? most everyone buy stuff on the street shops.. person no even fit order uber.. that's the worst of all..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Ajiswaggs(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2021
papyskinsy:

Brother I can really relate from your experience.. mehn dis lag na die.. thugss everywhere.. imagine me not been able to buy all this fresh bakery bread.. or holding supermarket nylon.. mehn no even try that one enter my street dem go rush yu.. dey prostrate up and down.. for their mind you be big man.. must everyone eat agege bread? most everyone buy stuff on the street shops.. person no even fit order uber.. that's the worst of all..
I tell you ur bro.... Anytime I go buy something for eatery or go do shopping I dey tell dem to package am inside black nylon, sometimes I dey carry black sak for my pocket go. God knows how this country go be in the next 2 years if it continue like this....Most of them don dey do kidnapping everywhere like this.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by papyskinsy: 12:43pm On May 13, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
I tell you ur bro.... Anytime I go buy something for eatery or go do shopping I dey tell dem to package am inside black nylon, sometimes I dey carry black sak for my pocket go. God knows how this country go be in the next 2 years if it continue like this....Most of them don dey do kidnapping everywhere like this.

bro e dey do me like say we sabi each other.. because na the exact thing wey i dey do be dat.. I get one big black nylon bag I dey carry in and out of the street.. na watin make the hailing reduce.. lol.. now I just give them change based on my mood make dem no go block person for night.. i come. back from work at night

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Ajiswaggs(m): 12:59pm On May 13, 2021
papyskinsy:

bro e dey do me like say we sabi each other.. because na the exact thing wey i dey do be dat.. I get one big black nylon bag I dey carry in and out of the street.. na watin make the hailing reduce.. lol.. now I just give them change based on my mood make dem no go block person for night.. i come. back from work at night
lolz...i remember one day wey my Gf come visit me, as I dey see her off back to main road, I con tell tell her say na one corner corner road we go follow, naso my girl dey vex say me dey hide something for her, I explain everything to her but she no still believe me....So another day she came to visit again, as we dey Waka go again she con say na straight she go follow say she no go follow me enter corner corner... I agree with her, as we reach one joint like this na so this street boys start to dey hail on loud voice con gather around me to drop something, everyone on street just set eyes on me, I feel embarrassed, I con tell one guy I sabi among say I dey come back say I wan use pos for junction.....and na dis shine shine cloth my babe were that day, everyone just dey look us go, naso I cut corner again b4 I go jam another goons on the way....my babe con dey apologise say she don understand why I no dey follow the road again.... Dem even dey tax her too for there....Those guys don turn another thing.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Mcdubai: 12:59pm On May 13, 2021
Guy please come over to magodo/shangisha area very close to marwa garden
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by ofiko123(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2021
Change environment..
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by sylve11: 1:15pm On May 13, 2021
Omihanifa:
Everyone knows you are talking about ijebu ode grin

I nor fit laugh abeg. grin cool
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by armadeo(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2021
Ishilove:
It reminds me of my service year. That year was the most miserable year of my short life as, like you I'm an introvert and I couldn't relate with the locals as they were housewives and cocoa farmers who barely spoke English. Other corp members were a bit of a distance from the village where I resided so I was always alone, battling goats and talking aloud to myself. In that village I realized why goats are called 'stubborn', was toasted by almost every walking male, and of course, for the first time discovered it would be very easy to have multiple boyfriends. I however did not choose that kind of dirty life so I endured intense loneliness.

You have to change your environment because you will be miserable. Don't bother looking for who you can relate with, just change your environment. Change it!!! I speak from experience. Change it!!! I cannot speak English too much. CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!

Lol. That toaster with massive teeth I think. Lol. I remember your chronicles.

Made me laugh back then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Zizicomm: 1:28pm On May 13, 2021
Funminded:

Ah... What has this got to do with your helping my boredom?

Anyway, I work in the health sector.

Sorry O no harmful intentions..job at times they limit our faaji hours. Should try visit some places if your new in Ibadan.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Ishilove: 1:29pm On May 13, 2021
armadeo:

Lol. That toaster with massive teeth I think. Lol. I remember your chronicles.

Made me laugh back then
You have a good memory smiley
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:
I moved from Abuja to a popular local town in ogun, I don't want to mention the name, in order to pursue my music career.

First of all let me explain something, sometimes as human beings to keep the spirit healthy you need people superior to you or people of higher value to draw energy from or to draw inspiration or an environment that excite and brings live to you or make you alive.

Now that's the problem am facing currently, there are no too many well to do young people in my environment, I can decide to stroll from one street to another and like 10 people would have begged me for money, I went to chicken & co ( it's a fast food outlet like kfc or chicken republic) and I was stopped and harassed by police just because I bought food at a fast food joint. They were asking me what I do for a living. What saved me that day was that I was dressed in some faded clothes, i can't dress nicely because everyone will start hailing and begging me for money and as an introvert I hate unnecessary attention, the ones that don't beg for money will try and engage one in some meaningless side talks that will lower your I.Q.

The ones that are okay are Yahoo boys and I can't relate with them. It's really getting depressing, I can't remember when last have had a highly intellectual conversation. Everyone just seems so rigid and unexposed and it's tiring. I am not really sound and exposed myself now imagine people reducing the little I.Q I have. It's so depressing.

Naturally you Will expect me to move from there but the nearest place is Lagos which will have to be on island because I hate noisy environment and you know how expensive that will be. Am so tired and fed up

I thought they said the Yorubas are educated than other tribes
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Labadi69: 1:46pm On May 13, 2021
SeaTrade:
obguefi my man grin
I no know say you follow me dey burn cigar ooo grin

Continue to dey burn the ciga na. No wonder you look like a man in his 60s when you are in your 40s. Just continue angry

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by HEAVEN4444: 1:49pm On May 13, 2021
muyiserra1:
Dude I feel your pain, i return to the country and i live in Ado ekiti as i farm cocoa and honestly its sickening. every person wants money or wants u to improve their life.
you cant have a decent conversation with anyone in the whole state.... man its annoying.
WHere you come from abroad ? USA ?
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by oluwamitomisin: 1:50pm On May 13, 2021
you can really gain popularity from this environment though.
look deeper for more time before you decide to move again.

think about organizing little shows, etc. even you could use such environment to get inspiration for some genre of music.

and remember- every naija musician want to relate with ojuelegba/mushin.
maybe you're in yours too?

then from where you are begin to network with lagos and ibadan.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Galapagous(m): 1:53pm On May 13, 2021
Come obasanjo or industrial estate Ota. Steady light less noise plus everybody is an introvert. Kapish

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by GreenDee(f): 2:02pm On May 13, 2021
Whobedatte:

Bauchi ,Kano are out of it please
hahahaha..I thought as much too,wetin concern Bauchi and Kano in dis matter.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by Litmus: 2:04pm On May 13, 2021
Nigeria is one of the few places in the world if not the only country were wealthy and poor people live in same area and often cheek to jowl as neighbours. Yet some have the temirity to cry, Elites live big or Elite don’t suffer! In subconscious appeal to the West about Nigeria’s supposed class injustices. You’d think we are meant to be the physical manifestation of the communist ideal. I say communist ideal for in reality privilege elites exists in Russia, China and North Korea and even here they do not live in close proximity with the less privilege. Nigeria has many unintentionally great but unrecognised attributes.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by vioment: 2:07pm On May 13, 2021
Just first secure all your important documents and things. Then either change or stay there, of you choose to stay there, then cook up one lie as to why you dey there. Eg. I loose everything, I dey try stand up again.

Dey ask dem if job dey. If you see person wey get skills or potential, relate more with am. Do mumu way small until you get your footing or feel comfortable. If E no do you, clear .
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by damoobaba: 2:31pm On May 13, 2021
Iamdbull:

But it's too difficult securing apartment in lagos

Talk to a reliable agent, he will get u a good apartment in Lagos.U can contact me if you're interested.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by jclassiq(m): 2:33pm On May 13, 2021
You could have moved to Ibadan Instead, or even mowe, or agbara, seeing as you want to avoid Lagos at all cost. Those places are at least close to Lagos and you have better chances of breaking into the music industry via collaborations with established artistes, most of whom are resident here in Lagos.

Be that as it may, you can make the move as soon as your rent expires in your present location. Only this time you have to do your due diligence before moving so you dont just keep running around the country.
Re: Help!!! My Environment Is Draining Me Psychologically. by HEAVEN4444: 2:36pm On May 13, 2021
papyskinsy:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Elder Brother Doesn't Send Me Money Except I Lie / Obituary Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.