Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

What Is The Essence Of Intergovernmental Marriage Registration. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Essence Of Intergovernmental Marriage Registration. (961 Views)

What Is The Essence Of This Life? / Follow Law Of Pakistan For Online Marriage Registration In Pakistan / Way Of Online Marriage In Pakistan | Get NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Essence Of Intergovernmental Marriage Registration. by colossalll: 10:58pm On May 12, 2021
Hi all,
I just got married recently about a month back, at the registry, we were asked to sign some documents, with a copy of the certificate issued to us (I and my wife).

Two days ago, I just decided to go through the issued documents, only to see a section stating that we are to register online on a web portal (intergovernmentalmarriagereg.org), and also to pay an amount of ₦5,000.

Please, can someone enlighten me on the importance of this registration.
Re: What Is The Essence Of Intergovernmental Marriage Registration. by sheriffdude: 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
colossalll:
Hi all,
I just got married recently about a month back, at the registry, we were asked to sign some documents, with a copy of the certificate issued to us (I and my wife).

Two days ago, I just decided to go through the issued documents, only to see a section stating that we are to register online on a web portal (intergovernmentalmarriagereg.org), and also to pay an amount of ₦5,000.

Please, can someone enlighten me on the importance of this registration.

I will get married in about a week at a marriage registry in Oyo State and I'm also required by the staff of the registry to pay a sum of ₦5000 to an account held by one elusive and seemingly unlawful Intergovernmental Marital Committee. I have decided not to pay the required amount on ground that the said Committee is not recognised by any known law. It appears that the Committee has merely been set up by local government marriage registrars as a means of extorting members of the public intending to contract statutory marriages.

(1) (Reply)

My Friend In Uniform At Work. / Family Or The State? / What Happened To Seun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.