Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) (27975 Views)

38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room / Families That Live In One Room, How Do You People Cope With Privacy / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by RealSolution001: 2:46pm On May 13, 2021
Although nobody can predict the future but there are people who deliberately walk into unfavourable condition. As a writer of this article, age wise I'm due for marriage but I don't give a damn about it not until I'm able to get a good job that can guarantee me at least one bedroom. Besides, the path Nigeria is tilting towards economically demands one to use his head sufficiently when doing things that has future implications. I live in one room apartment as years now since I graduated from the University I haven't been able to find a good paying job. In this compound, we share toilet/bathroom with no specific place to call kitchen. You just have to create a space for your cooking and the gas cylinder returned inside after cooking. In fact, looking at the structure of the building, it wasn't designed to accommodate people in family setting but singles but today, agents and the lawyer have brought so many married people into the place.

Living in one room as family

There are four different married (legally or illegally) people living in the compound as thus:

Family A has husband, wife, 3 children and two relative all living inside I room.

Family B has husband, wife, 3 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the fourth child) and a relative inside one room.

Family C has husband, wife, 2 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the 3rd child) and also a relative living inside one room while

Family D has husband, wife, two children and two relatives and mother in-law living in one room.
Crazy right? While this article is not in anyway intended to make jest of anybody but what I don't seem to understand is people living inside one room and still give birth to multiple of children into same. I mean are these people comfortable with their condition? Are they comfortable with poverty? To me, I think it's crazy. How do they cope? No privacy between the husband and the wife. Even the sex that led to their wives' current pregnancy, how, where and when did it happen when they have absolutely no privacy of their own. Also, these people can disturb. Is it because I'm not married? Always either asking for one thing or the other. "Abeg make I use your gas boil water for Garri. My own just finish". "Abeg you get Garri?" "Abeg borrow me 2k I go give you back". "Abeg u get Maggi?" "Abeg give me your toothpaste". "Abeg make I use your detergent" "abeg give me small pepper" and almost anything else you can think of. Haba! Habatically!! I'm tired please.

In my submission, I think government as a matter of urgency should do something about birth/population control in the country. Already, one of the factors that have given birth to the present state of Nigeria is over population which has led to high rate of unemployment, poverty and consequently, crime. Also, people should try to attend some level of financial comfortability before delving into family way. Me that is not married, no be say I stupid but things must be done right. May God bless me with a good job or capital for business so I can pack out of this place in no time.

Photo source: Google

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Molahnelson(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2021
People must survive no matter the conditions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by donbachi(m): 2:56pm On May 13, 2021
We dey manage..but oneday.we go move into our own mansion.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by 3lovelyflowers(f): 3:05pm On May 13, 2021
donbachi:

Na so we dey always believe but before you know, we reach 30, 40, 50 and above and nothing significant changes.

225 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by RealSolution001: 3:08pm On May 13, 2021
A poor man should not have more than one child. That is ideal.

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by donbachi(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2021
3lovelyflowers:

Na so we dey always believe but before you know, we reach 30, 40, 50 and above and nothing significant changes.
just but oneday.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by SportsHD: 3:15pm On May 13, 2021
The govt should do something about population control.
Govt wey never get its sheet together sef.
And the way poor people reproduce, its alarming. (not all of them)
And relatively well to do folks don't really have much kids (not all of them).
I don't really understand this logic, there's a disconnect somewhere.

You'll born pikin, just to bring him to this world to become an almajiri After he turn 5 or 6, you push him into the streets to fend for himself, no formal education nothing nothing!
He grows up, gets a wife and they repeat the cycle.
Damnit

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 13, 2021
You're talking of family of four. I've seen a family of 9 in one room. 7 children with husband and wife. Though the man later took the room beside them when the tenant there left.

Some women are the cause of this. You know the condition you live in and you'll still be producing children anyhow..

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by seunsiju(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2021
undecided
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Pavore9: 3:51pm On May 13, 2021
donbachi:

Realistically, what percentage of such Nigerian family crawl out of that pit of poverty?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by PuZZyNegro: 3:56pm On May 13, 2021
In Economics, low income families give birth to many children because to them, children are investment goods while high income families give birth to fewer children because to them, children are consumption goods.

To a rich man, children are substitute goods, to a poor man, children are complementary goods.

Factors that affect the fertility rate in Nigeria are

1. Price (cost) of raising children
2. Income of the household
3. Taste and preference
4. Cost of other goods.

Now, looking at the cost of raising children, a man that lives at Lekki will definitely want to have fewer children because the cost of raising one child is high considering the environmental factors like school fees, rent, etc. Unlike a man living at Ijegun that will only need to drop 500 naira at home for the lunch of 5 children. Now, you know why someone living in the low-brow area of the city will most likely give birth to more children? Because it costs him less to raise them. They can go to government school for all that he cares!

Income of the household. Lower income should have mean fewer number of children but the reverse is the case in this country due to lack of education and exposure.

Taste and preference. People with high taste will want to have fewer number of children so to maintain a minimum living standard.

Cost of other goods. The higher the cost of other goods, the fewer the number of children should be.

Nigeria has factors 2 and 4 to help us reduce the population boom but high level of ignorance rather made it to work against us.

If you took your time to read this, please save the society by giving birth to no more than 3 children irrespective of the genders. Whatever 6 children will do for you, 3 children when properly trained can do it.

203 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by RealSolution001: 4:06pm On May 13, 2021
PuZZyNegro:
In Economics, low income families give birth to many children because to them, children are investment goods while high income families give birth to fewer children because to them, children are consumption goods.

To a rich man, children are substitute goods, to a poor man, children are complementary goods.

Factors that affect the fertility rate in Nigeria are

1. Price (cost) of raising children
2. Income of the household
3. Taste and preference
4. Cost of other goods.

Now, looking at the cost of raising children, a man that lives at Lekki will definitely want to have fewer children because the cost of raising one child is high considering the environmental factors like school fees, rent, etc. Unlike a man living at Ijegun that will only need to drop 500 naira at home for the lunch of 5 children. Now, you know why someone living in the low-brow area of the city will most likely give birth to more children? Because it costs him less to raise them. They can go to government school for all that he cares!

Income of the household. Lower income should have mean fewer number of children but the reverse is the case in this country due to lack of education and exposure.

Taste and preference. People with high taste will want to have fewer number of children so to maintain a minimum living standard.

Cost of other goods. The higher the cost of other goods, the fewer the number of children should be.

Nigeria has factors 2 and 4 to help us reduce the population boom but high level of ignorance rather made it to work against us.

If you took your time to read this, please save the society by giving birth to no more than 3 children irrespective of the genders. Whatever 6 children will do for you, 3 children when properly trained can do it.

You nailed it bro. You nailed it. Rightly said, lack of education and exposure.

61 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by michlins(m): 4:13pm On May 13, 2021
Bro you spilled facts and we need to hear them. Going into marriage with the hope of things getting better is wickedness. If you're poor, don't bring someone's daughter and unborn kids into the space.

Work hard until you're comfortable enough before getting married. And when you marry, it's not a must to start making babies. Do so when you get the financial strength to do it. Gone are the days you hope for a better tomorrow. Right now, you imagine that the worse is going to happen and get prepared for it

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by rawpadgin(m): 5:05pm On May 13, 2021
We were 8 in a room! I told myself i won't get married until i can afford at least a one bedroom flat. Now in a one bedroom flat but still finding it awkward to raise a family here.

Man gats build him own mansion abeg!

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by gbaskiboy: 5:05pm On May 13, 2021
That is my neighbor with 4 children with the wife they are 6. And the room they occupy is not upto standard room measurement. That was same place they gave birth to all the children the first child should be around 15. I pity the family though, imagine living in that small apartment with bed and chairs in it. The day I entered their room to say hello to them I almost choke as smell from outside the gutter almost suffocate me. I enjoyed all sort of musical rhythms as mosquitoes takes the centre stage they sucks half pint of blood from me. The available space in the room is just like nairaland comment section. Wish I can do something to assist the family..

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:05pm On May 13, 2021
God, don’t let us know poverty again

6 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Muyiwaipere(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2021
Go Ajegunle you will see 10

4 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Sebastine1994(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2021
punctuation.

12 Likes

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Remember1313: 5:07pm On May 13, 2021
How the couples dey fuvk i wan sabi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by seunlayi(m): 5:07pm On May 13, 2021
4 is still ok. Look around, you will see 8+... Husband, 2 wives, children (s) grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Offpoint1: 5:07pm On May 13, 2021
Got neighbor with 9 and she's pregnant currently... Husband na police with a rank less than than Inspector.

She confidently told me "Na all dey pikin God put for my body I go born, na God dey raise pikin... Tomorrow if dey all become something, na me go enjoy pass"
Worse she's not working, if you see the husband you see frustration. Na only 2 trouser and clothes I dey see am with. Uniform no black, e no yellow, e no brown.

As I dey so any woman I date or go marry I dey let dem no sey na 2pikin I dey born, dey 2 sef na by force... Once 2 don enter I dey go do vasectomy straight
Dey suffer I experience for this life I no wan make my enemy experience talk more of my children.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by PAWG(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2021
E be tinz o undecided
Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Exc2000: 5:08pm On May 13, 2021
cool

Sex is poor man's only entertainment...

My foolish friend also just gave birth to his first child, he's only certificate is ND as he never graduated from the University before cashing out small change in Yahoo and quiting school, his girlfriend a BSC holder used to work in a 15k paying private school, and now with the baby she's jobless

He is also back to his father's house managing one room out of a three bedroom flat, with his parents , siblings, wife and kid

Most sensible guys either use contraceptive while having sex with their girlfriend, or simply have sex with runs girls on pay as you go billing... But the foolish ones would think they are smart and make a mess of their life and girlfriends life

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by Oracleforce: 5:08pm On May 13, 2021
RealSolution001:
Although nobody can predict the future but there are people who deliberately walk into unfavourable condition. As a writer of this article, age wise I'm due for marriage but I don't give a damn about it not until I'm able to get a good job that can guarantee me at least one bedroom. Besides, the path Nigeria is tilting towards economically demands one to use his head sufficiently when doing things that has future implications. I live in one room apartment as years now since I graduated from the University I haven't been able to find a good paying job. In this compound, we share toilet/bathroom with no specific place to call kitchen. You just have to create a space for your cooking and the gas cylinder returned inside after cooking. In fact, looking at the structure of the building, it wasn't designed to accommodate people in family setting but singles but today, agents and the lawyer have brought so many married people into the place.

Living in one room as family

There are four different married (legally or illegally) people living in the compound as thus:

Family A has husband, wife, 3 children and two relative all living inside I room.

Family B has husband, wife, 3 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the fourth child) and a relative inside one room.

Family C has husband, wife, 2 children (currently the wife is pregnant for the 3rd child) and also a relative living inside one room while

Family D has husband, wife, two children and two relatives and mother in-law living in one room.
Crazy right? While this article is not in anyway intended to make jest of anybody but what I don't seem to understand is people living inside one room and still give birth to multiple of children into same. I mean are these people comfortable with their condition? Are they comfortable with poverty? To me, I think it's crazy. How do they cope? No privacy between the husband and the wife. Even the sex that led to their wives' current pregnancy, how, where and when did it happen when they have absolutely no privacy of their own. Also, these people can disturb. Is it because I'm not married? Always either asking for one thing or the other. "Abeg make I use your gas boil water for Garri. My own just finish". "Abeg you get Garri?" "Abeg borrow me 2k I go give you back". "Abeg u get Maggi?" "Abeg give me your toothpaste". "Abeg make I use your detergent" "abeg give me small pepper" and almost anything else you can think of. Haba! Habatically!! I'm tired please.

In my submission, I think government as a matter of urgency should do something about birth/population control in the country. Already, one of the factors that have given birth to the present state of Nigeria is over population which has led to high rate of unemployment, poverty and consequently, crime. Also, people should try to attend some level of financial comfortability before delving into family way. Me that is not married, no be say I stupid but things must be done right. May God bless me with a good job or capital for business so I can pack out of this place in no time.

Photo source: Google

I was raised in one room but now I live in my own duplex...it depends on the couple....there are crosses in marriage....let everyone face his or her own cross.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by kunkelhanspeter(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2021
While growing up our neighbor husband and wife have 6 children, two relative living in one room. While we mom and dad with four siblings sometimes 1-3 relatives in one room in face me I face you . Glory be to God we have our own four bedroom standard bungalow now which my mom is always happy about when its raining.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:09pm On May 13, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:09pm On May 13, 2021
Its one of those things my brother but we the children from those homes those days in Ajegunle enjoy it..infact growing up was fun and catering for us was everyone's business in the compound as well as disciplinary measures. We grow up to better and with healthy competition among ourselves believing our days and conditions will be better than our parents living in that one room apartments.
Today, many self made gents and ladies or even married couples can trace there line to these roots....after former president GEJ told us he used to go to school with torn shorts and bare foot, that may mean he stay in same room conditions in Bayelsa but today the rest is history!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) / Parent Pranks Son With Empty Pack Of Iphone 11 / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.