Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman (1397 Views)

83% Of Presidential And NASS Results Has Be Uploaded On INEC's Portal / 2019: Why NASS Should Not Reconvene In September – Shehu Sani, Abaribe, Others / APC Adopts Decision Of Govs And Senators On Indirect Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Olominira(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:
The truth is that current structure of Nigeria is inhibiting our growth as country. We need to innovate or die. Therefore, Southern Nigeria Governors Forum and Southern NASS members should follow up their recent RESTRUCTURING resolution with CONCRETE actions.

The following actions are suggested:
1. Commission a broad-based thinktank to design a document that contains how the proposed restructuring should work and how it will take the country to greater heights. At the present, it's all rhetorics. We need a document, a restructuring roadmap proposal.

2. Submit the proposed plan to the president for his information as official proposals and position of Southern Nigeria, which will guide discussion with the North based on their own proposals and stand.

3. Table this proposed plan before Northern Governors Forum and National Assembly leadership as a prelude to roundtable talks.

4. Make it clear that the South will boycott 2023 elections if the North unilateraly reject the restructuring proposal for status quo. Insisting on status quo should be the DEAL-BREAKER

5 Make SMOOTH plans for state and geopolitical government and parliament.

Nigeria doesn't belong to the North. It is a multi-partner project. This is time to enforce active equal partnership or nothing.

3 Likes

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 8:11pm On May 13, 2021
Boycott democratic elections?

Hopefully the south would not be so stupid to do such a thing because those who did not boycott will be counted and will rule you for 4 years!

3 Likes

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2021
Endorsed 1000000%
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 8:16pm On May 13, 2021
Good. You removed the boycott bit!

We do not wish to be ruled by cattle!
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by festacman(m): 8:43pm On May 13, 2021
budaatum:
Boycott democratic elections?

Hopefully the south would not be so stupid to do such a thing because those who did not boycott will be counted and will rule you for 4 years!

To become a president of Nigeria, a candidate must receive a majority of the vote and over 25% of the vote in at least 24 of the 36 states i.e 2/3. The number of states in SS, SW and SE are 17. This means that, in the event of Election boycott, whoever contests the presidential election will NEVER meet the key constitutional requirement as only 19 states are remaining to participate.

Look, we must perish wimpy thoughts and step up like equal stakeholders in Nigerian project. If the whole Southern Nigeria rejects an election and its product, that product can NOT impose himself on the South. Dey never born the person.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 9:01pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:

To become a president of Nigeria, a candidate must receive a majority of the vote and over 25% of the vote in at least 24 of the 36 states i.e 2/3. The number of states in SS, SW and SE are 17. This means that, in the event of Election boycott, whoever contests the presidential election will NEVER meet the key constitutional requirement as only 19 states are remaining to participate.

Look, we must perish wimpy thoughts and step up like equal stakeholders in Nigerian project. If the whole Southern Nigeria rejects an election and its product, that product can NOT impose himself on the South. Dey never born the person.

The whole Southern Nigeria will not boycott an election, nor will everyone in any state. Damn, I can not believe I must be arguing this! Over in Georgia people are fighting those who are trying to take away peoples' right to vote and here is me arguing that you should not throw your right to vote away!

In a democracy, if say the 2 million voters in my state boycott, and I alone number 2 million and one vote, my candidate has won, and I alone would have imposed on the 2 million boycotters, I hope you know that. Now extrapolate that over Nigeria and let me know if you want to be democratically ruled by cattle because you refused to participate and boycotted please.

3 Likes

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by festacman(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2021
budaatum:

The whole Southern Nigeria will not boycott an election, nor will everyone in any state. Damn, I can not believe I must be arguing this! Over in Georgia people are fighting those who are trying to take away peoples' right to vote and here is me arguing that you should not throw your right to vote away!

In a democracy, if say the 2 million voters in my state boycott, and I alone number 2 million and one vote, my candidate has won, and I alone would have imposed on the 2 million boycotters, I hope you know that. Now extrapolate that over Nigeria and let me know if you want to be democratically ruled by cattle because you refused to participate and boycotted please.

Boycotting election means NO election in any polling booth anywhere in the South. Nobody comes out.

By the way, your analysis is too tame. Why are you afraid? Are you from the North and deeply bothered about the suggested boycott? Look, if SW, SE and SS boycott election, it is either the North comes to the dialogue table and we all kiss Nigeria good bye.

6 Likes

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Olominira(m): 9:28pm On May 13, 2021
Ordinarily, you should allow him believe whatever he wants. 50% boycotting elections means no election....are southerners not the ones to run the elections in their respective states and regions? how many southerners still want a country with fulani terrorists in present day Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 9:33pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:

Boycotting election means NO election in any polling booth anywhere in the South. Nobody comes out.
INEC will come out. Election will hold. And one single person at least will vote and impose cattle on you!

festacman:
By the way, your analysis is too tame. Why are you afraid? Are you from the North and deeply bothered about the suggested boycott? Look, if SW, SE and SS boycott election, it is either the North comes to the dialogue table and we all kiss Nigeria good bye.

I tire for you. You refuse to see the flaw in your position so I must be afraid from the North?

I am going to leave you to it festacman, knowing smart people will further educate you. Just know that I am from Yorubaland and I am not afraid at all really because I know that even as bad as our education in Nigeria is, we are not so dumb as to boycott the right to vote that we shed our blood to obtain.

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by festacman(m): 10:01pm On May 13, 2021
budaatum:

INEC will come out. Election will hold. And one single person at least will vote and impose cattle on you!

I tire for you. You refuse to see the flaw in your position so I must be afraid from the North?

I am going to leave you to it festacman, knowing smart people will further educate you. Just know that I am from Yorubaland and I am not afraid at all really because I know that even as bad as our education in Nigeria is, we are not so dumb as to boycott the right to vote that we shed our blood to obtain.

You don't seem to appreciate what it means if the 17 States of the Southern Nigeria and its people reach CONSENSUS to boycott 2023 to pressure for a REVIEW of the current constitution for prosperous and stable country. It means INEC will not be allowed in. NO ELECTION ANYWHERE IN ANY POLLING BOOTH IN SW, SE and SS.

Going by your position, it means that the South is helplessly trapped in Nigeria project. Perish this mentality. Unless you protest, the person standing on your feet stays firmly and blamelessly. Nigeria's Independence did not come by accepting status quo. No!, people agitated and protested before the colonial masters responded.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Olominira(m): 10:53pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:

You don't seem to appreciate what it means if the 17 States of the Southern Nigeria and its people reach CONSENSUS to boycott 2023 to pressure for a REVIEW of the current constitution for prosperous and stable country. It means INEC will not be allowed in. NO ELECTION ANYWHERE IN ANY POLLING BOOTH IN SW, SE and SS.

Going by your position, it means that the South is helplessly trapped in Nigeria project. Perish this mentality. Unless you protest, the person standing on your feet stays firmly and blamelessly. Nigeria's Independence did not come by accepting status quo. No!, people agitated and protested before the colonial masters responded.
Pls stop responding to him

1 Like

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 11:05pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:

Pdp and Apc in my one local government of the Orolu Kingdom can not do consensus but you will do consensus with all the partys in the Southern States of Nigeria? Good luck with that. Just know that INEC is federal and you might have difficulty keeping them from holding elections since someone somewhere will want the elections to hold. And say, no next elections, bubu 4 more years plus his 4+4? Even Sai Bubu me shudders!

Not agreeing with your one single helpless solution of boycott election does not mean the entire South of Nigeria is helpless. And Nigeria got its independence through the ballot you are now asking to be boycotted, you will find.

I would go the opposite of boycott and get even more participation myself. When those promoting what I want get more votes than those promoting what I don't want we will gain power and can then impose our democratically won whatever we want on you boycotters. I just hope its what you like, but if not, sorry but you boycotted so don't expect to have a say.

Please take the time to learn about democracy. And consider joining the Nairaland Democratic Party so your vote counts for us please because we need you to keep the goats out of power. Your vote is far too powerful for you to throw away in a boycott.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 11:07pm On May 13, 2021
Olominira:

Pls stop responding to him

Funny, isn't he. He can't by himself boycott buda but he wants the entire South of Nigeria to boycott elections, lol.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2021
This suggestions by festacman is lame and won't be accepted, they will have to wait till after 2023. Bringing this up now will not work, this is a trick to get SE and SS to support Yoruba presidency in 2023.

You guys in SW can boycott the election, we in SS and probably SE will tame you people like you betrayed GEJ for a Northerner. Stop begging for Southern unity now, it is ill-timed and already dead on arrival.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:30pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:

Why didn't you bring this up during the 2019 general election? Now that you guys have been hoodwinked you are looking for SS and SE to boycott election baa? We won't, to hell with your Southern Unity. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by budaatum: 11:32pm On May 13, 2021
Olominira:
Ordinarily, you should allow him believe whatever he wants. 50% boycotting elections means no election....are southerners not the ones to run the elections in their respective states and regions? how many southerners still want a country with fulani terrorists in present day Nigeria?

Are you believing what you want? Where did you get that from, that "50% boycott means no election"? Can you even get 50% boycott, you who are struggling to get even one single me boycotted?

I'm sure you are very intelligent. Maybe read about past boycotts to see you are not the first to try this failed strategy instead of repeating their mistake.

Parliamentary elections were held in Nigeria on 30 December 1964, although they were not held until 18 March 1965 in some constituencies in Eastern Region, Lagos, and Mid-Western Region due to a boycott in December.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Nigerian_general_election?wprov=sfla1

When an influential secessionist group called on people to boycott Anambra state’s election, many people expected the worst.

Ahead of the governorship poll on 18 November, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) insisted that no election would take place unless Nigeria’s federal government agreed to hold an independence referendum for certain south-eastern states. A week before the election, IPOB supporters stepped up this campaign, marching on the streets and vowing to disrupt the election.

“If you vote you will die. Don’t go out, stay in your house. If you vote on November 18, you will die,” one of the protesters threatened in a video that soon went viral.

Nigerians therefore awaited the November poll with bated breath. IPOB has shown itself to be popular and its calls for a separate state of Biafra have significant support in the region. However, on the day itself, the process went ahead smoothly.
https://africanarguments.org/2017/11/nigeria-their-election-boycott-fell-flat-what-now-for-the-biafra-separatists/
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:33pm On May 13, 2021
festacman:

Speak for the SW we in SS and SE will participate, you can't frustrate our turn to deal with you the way you all did in 2015 by betraying us.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:35pm On May 13, 2021
Olominira:

We in SS and SE want it, it must continue, you guys brought this nonsense in 2015 hoping to man the exalted office thereafter. It won't work. SS and SE will not boycott any election, if you SW want to that's your own
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:40pm On May 13, 2021
2023 is for curing SW that betrayal attitude in-built.

If you think SE and SS will join you in your dream then keep it up.

Did fulani killing start today? Didn't you all re-elected that colossal failure in Aso Rock hoping he will hand over to you guys but since you guys have seen the hand writing on the wall you are looking for who to cow.

Stand alone in your quest to boycott election, SS and SE will vote..... period.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Olominira(m): 11:40pm On May 13, 2021
[s]
deantimes:

We in SS and SE want it, it must continue, you guys brought this nonsense in 2015 hoping to man the exalted office thereafter. It won't work. SS and SE will not boycott any election, if you SW want to that's your own
[/s]
Aboki face front

2 Likes

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:43pm On May 13, 2021
Olominira:
[s][/s]
Aboki face front

An Akwa Ibomite aboki? You must be stup.id, why seeking Southern unity now that your presidential ambition is threatened? Come and rule let's see. Mum.u
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Olominira(m): 11:46pm On May 13, 2021
[s]
deantimes:

An Akwa Ibomite aboki? You must be stup.id, why seeking Southern unity now that your presidential ambition is threatened? Come and rule let's see. Mum.u
[/s]
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 11:52pm On May 13, 2021
Olominira:
[s][/s]

Are you done? Continue. Una.m Iko.t grin

You want who will stand with you and negotiate Yoruba presidency under APC.

Wait SS and SE will do it for you.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by makemoneywbsite: 4:33am On May 14, 2021
[quote author=Olominira post=101662604][/quote]

You really think Fulani would give you restructuring when they can gain all by keeping the country one? The lousy Nigerians already handed the country over to them and they're not taking prisoners.

1 Like

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by SmartPolician: 5:14am On May 14, 2021
festacman:

Budaatum raised an important point. You cannot completely boycott elections in Southern Nigeria. Remember, the INEC that conducts election is a federal institution, politicians will definitely campaign, and people will go out to vote for them (for reasons as mundane as being given a cup of rice).

Besides, the security agencies will be drafted to ensure that the election is free from violence. Soldiers, as always, will be positioned to ensure that nobody foments troubles. Now, who will stop such an election? This means low turnout won't matter; a winner must emerge.

Now, how will the southern governors and other polticians coordinate themselves not to allow their people participate in elections? Mind you, many polticians from the south are northern politicians' asslickers.

For instance, tell me how you will convince Dave Umahi or Hope Uzodinma to tell their supporters to boycott elections in their state on grounds of restructuring? That's not possible because those guys seem to align more with the north at the detriment of their own people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Racoon(m): 5:18am On May 14, 2021
I totally agree with all especially 4 but will the southern sabotuers agree with this noble cause to free the region.Nigerian federation will never work.It is just flogging a dead horse.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Olominira(m): 7:41am On May 14, 2021
Racoon:
I totally agree with all especially 4 but will the southern sabotuers agree with this noble cause to free the region.Nigerian federation will never work.It is just flogging a dead horse.
If elected politicians from south agree on no election including govs, senators, etc. It would be difficult for Nigeria govt to overlook it. In fact, it would be of a great interest to international community. While this is happening, there would be increase in calls for restructuring, separation, and total disregard to Nigerian laws across the south
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Nobody: 7:52am On May 14, 2021
Southerners want restructuring the country because a northern is in power.

When a southern gets power in 2023, they will keep shut and start supporting.

Who organized a confab? A southern president, why didn't he implement the recommendations of the confab when he was in power??

The so called boycott of the election is a pipe dream, if southerners boycott the election then the northern will do similar boycott in another election leading to another choas and blame game by southerners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Racoon(m): 7:55am On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Southerners want restructuring the country because a northern is in power.When a southern gets power in 2023, they will keep shut and start supporting.

The so called boycott of the election is a pipe dream, if southerners boycott the election then the northern will do similar boycott in another election leading to another choas
Then more viscious cycle of the chaos that will leads to self disintegration.Unity without veracity is a conspiracy.
Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by Nobody: 7:57am On May 14, 2021
Racoon:
Then more viscious cycle of the chaos that will leads to self disintegration.Unity without veracity is a conspiracy.

You want viscous cycles of chaos without thinking about the number of people that will die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Southern Govs And NASS Should Demand Restructuring By Festacman by deantimes(m): 8:01am On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Southerners want restructuring the country because a northern is in power.

When a southern gets power in 2023, they will keep shut and start supporting.

Who organized a confab? A southern president, why didn't he implement the recommendations of the confab when he was in power??

The so called boycott of the election is a pipe dream, if southerners boycott the election then the northern will do similar boycott in another election leading to another choas

Tell them, besides why are they calling for election boycott now? It's because their presidential ambition is threatened now they want SS and SE to join their rubbish move, forgetting how they betrayed SS in 2015.

Take for instance when fugitive Nnamdi Kanu called for election boycott, didn't they mock him? Now they want to tow the line of his suggestion.

For we in the SS and probably SE, there will be no election boycott, it's either the SS complete their tenure or North continues. tongue tongue tongue

If you want to know how sincere they are about Southern unity, tell them to clamour for an Igbo Presidency in 2023 and see the real devil in them so they are not sincere, they want to hoodwink the SS and SE into their dream and when they promise them 2023 presidency they will dump the unity project.

E be like this people never betray you before.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Of Onitsha, His Royal Majesty Igwe Achebe Turns 80 / OBAFEMI AWOLOWO INTERVIEW: Twenty Pounds Policy And The Igbos / PDP Youth Leader, Sulaiman Contested For Governor At Age 23 (Throwback Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.