Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April (14578 Views)

Ten Hag Named EPL Manager Of The Month / Guardiola Named EPL Manager Of The Season / Jesse Lingard Trolls Cristiano Ronaldo On Instagram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by obembet(f): 2:21pm On May 14, 2021
OFFICIAL: Jesse Lingard named EPL Player of the Month for April!

The West Ham United and England forward was recognised by supporters for his outstanding performances in Claret and Blue, which saw him score four goals and assist a fifth in his four appearances.

After being nominated for the award in both February and March, the 28-year-old made it third time lucky, and he was thankful to every supporter whose vote helped him secure the award for the first time in his career.

“It’s amazing," he said. "It’s the first time in my career that I’ve received this award and I’d obviously like to thank the fans for voting, my teammates and staff for helping me get there. It’s been a long road and I’ve been nominated the last two months and even getting nominated was a great feeling for me as I want to be up there with the best and competing for the best awards.

“I definitely think I'm in the best form of my career. I’ve always wanted to work on consistency in my game and I think it’s come at a good time. Playing regular football always helps and I want to improve every game and try and help the team get as many wins as possible.”

The 28-year-old scored four goals in four league games last month, taking his tally to nine for the season since joining West Ham on loan at the start of February.

Lingard had not played a minute of Premier League football this season prior to his Manchester United exit, but has been directly involved in 12 goals since his arrival at West Ham.

Only Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho posts better figures.

Lingard: I came close to 'timeout' from football

The transformation has seen Lingard win back his England place for the first time in two years - ahead of this summer's Euros.

Lingard, who was a regular starter for England at the 2018 World Cup, recently revealed he came close to taking a 'timeout' from football during lockdown, as he battled mental health issues and his mother's depression.

"I was going into games happy sitting on the bench, and that's not me," he said. "My mind wasn't there, I wasn't focused at all."

He added: "I opened up to United and told them what I was going through, what my mum was going through, and they're always there to help.

"I've had other doctors that have helped which has been brilliant and, during the lockdown, I got my head together.

"I feel lockdown has transitioned me in a way. I watch my old games back, the World Cup games and the old games I used to play, and I think, 'yeah, that's the real Jesse Lingard'."

Source: https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1393144062337769473?s=19

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 14, 2021
Congratations boy

5 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Chloraseptic: 3:03pm On May 14, 2021
Just like a case of someone traveling back from America to succeed against all odds in Nigeria..

And Rashford cannot even win Man Utd best player of the day let alone month..

18 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by paulolee(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2021
only iheanacho post bwtter figures and you still went ahead to give the award to lingaard based on which ground??
iheanacho scored 6 goals, was catalyst for taking Leicester to f.a cup final this weekend and also was the key figure dt placed d club ahead of a big Liverpool in d top4 race n you still gave d award to lingaard??
simply because he lost the 2 previous month n you guys jus want to compensate ur "British" player before d season ends to ease his call ups in euros abi??
if a sterling, vardy or kane have the kinda iheanacho stats, can this POTM elude them n be given to that rejuvenated lingaard??
such sentiments hardly happens in other Europe top leagues apart from England n dts why i hardly take their award serious and its also the reason why English players can never win the ballon d or until they stop the spoonfeeding thier own players with hype like babies..
complete d job and give him the epl player of the season na...

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by paulolee(m): 3:12pm On May 14, 2021
supportnija:
Congratations boy
congratulating wat?? I think senior man deserves this award the more...
lingaard had a nice season n had lost 2 potm award n they just want to compensate him before the season ends by giving him this award even if they also know dt iheanacho was better than him..
thats the problem I have with EPL always being baised with British players which takes the players no where...
euros is about the corner and him winning this award for the first time In his life with minor west ham would gv him a better chance of making the cut..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by obembet(f): 3:34pm On May 14, 2021
He commanded the ball to freeze in the air and all the defenders were shocked with his ways. Congratulations to GOAT grin

mynd44 show respect to this man

35 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by paulolee(m): 3:42pm On May 14, 2021
obembet:
He commanded the ball to freeze in the air and all the defenders were shocked with his ways. Congratulations to GOAT grin

mynd44 show respect to this man
seems our madam is also with lingaard winning it instead of iheanacho dt was supposed to win it..
now I see the main reason why lingaard won d award...dt magic no easy sha, dt means neyma go win the award all through the season assuming he played in EPL...
the award was just a compensation for a nice season...dts wat we all know

4 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:01pm On May 14, 2021
This should have gone to ihenacho

Linegard doesnt not deserve it

4 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 14, 2021
that's cool..
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by unity004(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked From Grace to Grass to Grace again

Lord lingard respect

2 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Remember1313: 5:02pm On May 14, 2021
Good for him

Check my post
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Joshintua(m): 5:04pm On May 14, 2021
Well deserved.
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by fasho01(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2021
I'm so happy for him. Truly deserved.

A big lesson that sometimes, we need to leave where we want to be what we want to be

1 Like

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by obembet(f): 5:07pm On May 14, 2021
collinsst:
well deserved

Iheanacho and Greenwood had a better one over Lingard, of course buying place for Euros ain't suprised...nothing special about this lad...Greenwood miles away better
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by PAWG(m): 5:08pm On May 14, 2021
United just dey vex me these days, I wonder who they’ll lose to next angry

Lindgard, like Ighalo didn’t get the chance to strut his stuff.
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by bigdammyj: 5:08pm On May 14, 2021
Noted
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 14, 2021
Nonsense!!!!! Iheanacho deserve it more.

2 Likes

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by PAWG(m): 5:12pm On May 14, 2021
obembet:

Iheanacho and Greenwood had a better one over Lingard, [b]of course buying place for Euros ain't suprised...[/b]nothing special about this lad...Greenwood miles away better

What are you trying to say?
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Bashirkareem31: 5:14pm On May 14, 2021
Congrats,Michael Jackson

1 Like

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 14, 2021
He added: "I opened up to United and told them what I was going through, what my mum was going through, and they're always there to help.

No hard feeling, my guy
Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Federickson02: 5:30pm On May 14, 2021
So undeserving. Kelechi should be taking that award home not the British lad. Nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 14, 2021
paulolee:
only iheanacho post bwtter figures and you still went ahead to give the award to lingaard based on which ground??
iheanacho scored 6 goals, was catalyst for taking Leicester to f.a cup final this weekend and also was the key figure dt placed d club ahead of a big Liverpool in d top4 race n you still gave d award to lingaard??
simply because he lost the 2 previous month n you guys jus want to compensate ur "British" player before d season ends to ease his call ups in euros abi??
if a sterling, vardy or kane have the kinda iheanacho stats, can this POTM elude them n be given to that rejuvenated lingaard??
such sentiments hardly happens in other Europe top leagues apart from England n dts why i hardly take their award serious and its also the reason why English players can never win the ballon d or until they stop the spoonfeeding thier own players with hype like babies..
complete d job and give him the epl player of the season na...
u are pained eyah sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome / Chelsea Suspend Four Fans After Sterling Racial Abuse Row / Breaking News: Fifa Reinstates Nigeria Sacked FA President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.