Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa (67567 Views)

Is It True That 5k Cefa Is Now 10k Naira ? / How Much Is Cefa To Naira Exchange Rate Today Black Market / History Of Nigerian Naira, Symbol, Sign And Worth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by SUPERPACK: 8:13pm On May 14, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Is Nigeria the only country that depend on crude oil? That's a silly excuse.
Who cares?
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by nybol(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I disagree with your points

You forgot to add differences in standard of living.

500 naira will get you a standard hair cut will 500 naira get you standard hair cut in the United states?

How about labour cost.

Iabour is expensive in the United states, labour is cheaper here in Nigeria. A country where labour is expensive, expect higher pay to meet up with the high cost of goods and services.

Food

500 naira will get you an healthy and organic meal here in Nigeria, will 10 dollars get you an healthy meal in the United states

labour is expensive in US because there's dignity of labour. It's here in naija that we capitalize on the economic situation to offer people peanuts and offer one person's pay for 5 people's jobs. There in the us, even people who do seemingly 'low grade' jobs still earn enough for a decent living.

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by WorldRichest: 8:17pm On May 14, 2021
SUPERPACK:
We are just suffering from Dutch Disease. It can happen to any country or state. Our inability to diversify from oil kept us were we are now.
b

But this Dutch Disease just infected you and the lifeless one between 2015 and 2021. Abi? Do brain examination before it's too late.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Gpromise1(m): 8:17pm On May 14, 2021
Funminded:

This is so beautiful. I have never really had anyone make me appreciate Nigeria like this.
But truth be told sha, our Naira is getting more useless everyday.

Have you seen how expensive food has become recently?
seriously
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by brandsoncharlie: 8:17pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

While.we are comparing the numbers of the curency can we also please compare the purchasing power??
We are quick to compare naira to dollar,cedis to naira, cefa,euros, gbp etc and we only do so in terms on figures.

Let me ask you,
I dollar is = 480naira (what is the purchasing power of both?
1 dollar can buy you a cup of coffee in the USA but 480 naira can buy you tea( coffee, lipton,milo and milk) +sandwich
1 dollar can buy you 1 or 2 bottles of water in usa but 480 naira can buy 6 or 8 bottles of water in Nigeria.
500 cefa can only buy you 1 bottle water which is 250 cefa and 1 bottle of malt drink 250 cefa,
500 naira in Nigeria can buy you water, malt,gala,biscuit,bread and akara/eggroll
100cedis in ghana cannot buy you what 9000 can buy in Nigeria, FACT

If not for our lack of productivity as a country we will not be an import dependent country aĺways seeking validation of foreign currency.

Have you considered other factors responsible in the purchasing power of both countries.
Those countries pay higher taxes for stable electricity, water bill and other good living you cannot afford in Nigeria due to corruption.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by WorldRichest: 8:19pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

While.we are comparing the numbers of the curency can we also please compare the purchasing power??
We are quick to compare naira to dollar,cedis to naira, cefa,euros, gbp etc and we only do so in terms on figures.

Let me ask you,
1 dollar can buy you a cup of coffee in the USA but 480 naira can buy you tea( coffee, lipton,milo and milk) +sandwich
1 dollar can buy you 1 or 2 bottles of water in usa but 480 naira can buy 6 or 8 bottles of water in Nigeria.
500 cefa can only buy you 1 bottle water which is 250 cefa and 1 bottle of malt drink 250 cefa,
500 naira in Nigeria can buy you water, malt,gala,biscuit,bread and akara/eggroll

If not for our lack of productivity as a country we will not be an import dependent country aĺways seeking validation of foreign currency.

Mr Economist, do brain test ooo, before it's too late. Purchasing power ko, purchasing Muscle in...
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Kenn55: 8:19pm On May 14, 2021
Lekan239:
i thought there are only guys who don't reason normally on nairaland, every time i see an intelligent post, i always shout WOW

So this is an intelligent post to you. grin

Illiteracy is a disease indeed grin

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 14, 2021
nybol:

labour is expensive in US because there's dignity of labour. It's here in naija that we capitalize on the economic situation to offer people peanuts and offer one person's pay for 5 people's jobs. There in the us, even people who do seemingly 'low grade' jobs still earn enough for a decent living.

It has nothing to do with dignity of labour.

Labour is expensive because of higher standards of living.

So employers will pay salaries to meet up with the high cost of living.

Also don't forget your skillset also matter when getting a good salary
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Grace001: 8:20pm On May 14, 2021
McStoic:

Non..je suis Igbo. Mais j'ai etait au Cotonou quelquel annees ago...Tu connais Sodjeatime, pres Cine Concorde?

Oui je connais sodjeatime bien, acote La Beninesse(brewing company). J’habite a Lom-Nava(along senade)

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by WorldRichest: 8:21pm On May 14, 2021
Lekan239:
i thought there are only guys who don't reason normally on nairaland, every time i see an intelligent post, i always shout WOW

Go and do IQ test, you will score less than Zero.

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by WorldRichest: 8:21pm On May 14, 2021
Grace001:

Oui je connais sodjeatime bien, acote La Beninesse(brewing company). J’habite a Lom-Nava(along senade)

MAD 101: Introduction to Simple Madness.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by WorldRichest: 8:23pm On May 14, 2021
Kenn55:

So this is an intelligent post to you. grin

Illiteracy is a disease indeed grin

An infectious disease for that matter. That's how the lifeless one infected those formerly educated guys working for him.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by WorldRichest: 8:25pm On May 14, 2021
McStoic:

Non..je suis Igbo. Mais j'ai etait au Cotonou quelquel annees ago...Tu connais Sodjeatime, pres Cine Concorde?

MAD 201: Principles and Practice of Advanced Craziness.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by precious1967(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2021
Togo will soon buy Nigeria. How na rice, cement, beans, engine oil in Nigeria?
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by sirblend: 8:30pm On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You can't take 500 naira to the United states because they use dollars but you can take the dollar equivalent of 500 naira to the United states and you will be able to buy only a can of coke whereas, the 500 naira will be able to get you a good meal here.

At the bolded the Naira has no value.

There is no point arguing about the naira and dollar.
Our N1 cant purchase anything valuable in this world.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 14, 2021
sirblend:

At the bolded the Naira has no value.

There is no point arguing about the naira and dollar.
Our N1 cant purchase anything valuable in this world.

The naira equivalent of 1 dollars is 500
The dollar equivalent of 1 naira is 0.0024 dollars

1 naira and 0.0024 dollars can't purchase anything in both countries
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by McStoic(m): 8:33pm On May 14, 2021
Grace001:

Ok. Quand tu va retourne au Cotonou or tu revenir permanently?
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by neurosci: 8:35pm On May 14, 2021
travelwaka:
The moment you realize that an IPhone 12 is 1500 dollars where as it's 500,000 in Naira. You realize this analysis is just wrong. Your analysis only make sense to a Foreigner coming to Nigeria. But imagine a Business owner or manufacturer who used to buy a $100 resources at 15,000 when dollar was 150 naira then all of a sudden the same resources after 5 years is still $100 but it will now cost him and 46,000 naira which is triple the original price.

Whenever your currency is going bad it only favours foreigners coming into your country it doesn't favour the citizens.

From your analysis. A foreigner who can only buy 1 bottle water with 1 dollar comes in and all of a sudden he can buy 6, but you who is supposed to buy 6 goes into the international terrain, you can only buy 1.

Lastly if you are talking about purchasing power , you are supposed to pair it 1 naira to 1
dollar and not 1 dollars 480 naira .

Think about this your analysis again.

I read his analysis and just shook my head. He's talking about purchasing power without considering wages and cost of living. A crate of egg can cost like $2 in the US or a bottle of coke $1, whereas the minimum wage in a state like California is close to $15. That means a California resident can easily afford 15 crates of eggs daily by working only 2 hours. Is the same possible in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by sunboy(m): 8:37pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

Let me ask you,

Thanks for this. They easily compare the number and not the value/purchasing power.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by sunboy(m): 8:42pm On May 14, 2021
BigSarah:
Should we say Nigeria stayed stagnant and Benin Republic caught up or Nigeria Went Backwards extremely.... Now nollywood movies can't even make fun of Cefa anymore...

CEfa is pegged to EURO... its very stable. It is Naira that is going backward pretty fast.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Harpyeagle(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

Yes, I am talking about purchasing power and noone pairs 1 dollar to 1 naira, else we wont be having this conversation.

Read your analysis again..
Lets compare wages/salary rates for both countries and see what's up.
Like for example so so level of worker would work for 2hrs to get 480naira, but similar level of worker could get x dollars.. I think with that our comparison of purchasing/acquisition power could get better.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by sirblend: 8:51pm On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The naira equivalent of 1 dollars is 500
The dollar equivalent of 1 naira is 0.0024 dollars

1 naira and 0.0024 dollars can't purchase anything in both countries

Anyway you interpret it, you are absolutely correct. N1can't purchase anything.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by SUPERPACK: 8:53pm On May 14, 2021
WorldRichest:
b

But this Dutch Disease just infected you and the lifeless one between 2015 and 2021. Abi? Do brain examination before it's too late.
îmbecile.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by deavicky(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2021
aycapri:
It was crazy when I traveled there last December
I had similar experience activity i use to do will less than 400k caused me over a million.
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by chinex104(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2021
SUPERPACK:
We are just suffering from Dutch Disease. It can happen to any country or state. Our inability to diversify from oil kept us were we are now.
This nigerian - dutch disease strong pass [b] covid-19
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by jasonex4(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2021
SUPERPACK:

Oil isn't our problem... Rather the problem is corruption mixed with a touch of clueless leaders

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by obi4eze(m): 9:04pm On May 14, 2021
travelwaka:
The moment you realize that an IPhone 12 is 1500 dollars where as it's 500,000 in Naira. You realize this analysis is just wrong. Your analysis only make sense to a Foreigner coming to Nigeria. But imagine a Business owner or manufacturer who used to buy a $100 resources at 15,000 when dollar was 150 naira then all of a sudden the same resources after 5 years is still $100 but it will now cost him and 46,000 naira which is triple the original price.

Whenever your currency is going bad it only favours foreigners coming into your country it doesn't favour the citizens.

From your analysis. A foreigner who can only buy 1 bottle water with 1 dollar comes in and all of a sudden he can buy 6, but you who is supposed to buy 6 goes into the international terrain, you can only buy 1.

Lastly if you are talking about purchasing power , you are supposed to pair it 1 naira to 1

1000000000000 likes. You killed it sir. Was already frowning at his analysis but became happy when I saw yours.

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by joshuaidibia(m): 9:08pm On May 14, 2021
travelwaka:

Bomboclat

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Grace001: 9:14pm On May 14, 2021
McStoic:

Ok. Quand tu va retourne au Cotonou or tu revenir permanently?

Je vais revenir bientot

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Lonelypacifist6: 9:37pm On May 14, 2021
igbosoupkitchen:

Let me ask you,

What type of faulty analysis is This? Who taught you economics?

1 Like

Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by McStoic(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2021
Grace001:

Je vais revenir bientot

Alors...je peux envoyer toi une pm?
Re: Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa by Ikem11(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They didn't say Nigeria economy is the strongest, they say the largest based on gdp.

Please kindly check economy of Africa by any means necessary you wish and tell me list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM / Dynamics Intelligence Shuts Operations In Nigeria / GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.