Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem (3699 Views)

Please Advice Am In Love With A Moslem And He Has Proposed / How To Win The Love Of A Moslem Girl Or Woman / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by wee2: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2011
Dear All,

Am a christian and my boyfriend is a moslem he wants us to get married and am so scared what do you all think should i accept his proposal am so confused.
He wants me to remain a christain while he practices his religion and we should be happy in the house without problems. i love this guy so much i need you candid opinion everyone i would appreciate a good response. thanks
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by InkedNerd(f): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2011
What exactly is the problem/question?
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by omega25red(m): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
i dont see the issue
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by esteduca(m): 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2011
I won't take it so easy.
Check his family and be sure he will not be pressed to ask you to convert, if you don't want it.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by MMM2(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2011
No dot marry him,
he will kill u wheñ crisis start in d north.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by wee2: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ inked_nerd ; The problem is i dont know if to marry him and i love him and the question is what do you think about the issue.
@ MMM ; he isnt from the north he is from EDO STATE AUCHI precisely
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by InkedNerd(f): 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2011
wee2:

@ inked_nerd ; The problem is i dont know if to marry him and i love him and the question is what do you think about the issue.
@ MMM ; he isnt from the north he is from EDO STATE AUCHI precisely

Well, since he doesn't seem to mind that you and him retain the religions you practice then I see nothing wrong with that. Now, I'm curious, what do both your families think of each other in terms of your religious beliefs? How do both families feel about both of you retaining your own religious beliefs? And have you factored in children into this equation? If you two are intend on having children, what do you intend to do in terms of how you will raise or not raise your child/children religiously? If he tells you that he wants to raise your child/children within the Muslim faith, would that be an issue for you? If you tell him that you want to raise your child/children within the Christian faith, would it be an issue for him?
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by iv4real(f): 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2011
Thats what they always say you will be free to practice your religion. If you want to marry  him then you have to  keep an open mind because after the honeymoon phase there is a possibilty that he will pressure you to change. And also you have to discuss with him the religion your children will practice. I f you are okay with your whatever both of you agree on, then u can marry him.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by wee2: 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
@inked_nerd ; my mum in question believes in ur love and am old enuf to make my decisions and on one hand she is not particularly happy.
as for his family too some of his siblings are christains they are not biased. truth is am particular about my kids that is what is making me go crazy dont know what to do.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by InkedNerd(f): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2011
wee2:

@inked_nerd ; my mum in question believes in your love and am old enuf to make my decisions and on one hand she is not particularly happy.
as for his family too some of his siblings are christains they are not biased. truth is am particular about my kids that is what is making me go crazy dont know what to do.

Well, on the subject of children that is something you two really need to discuss. Do not sugar coat anything when you have this discussion just because you're in love.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by kenzyma(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
You need to ask yourself if you are happy around him. My candid advice is to follow ur heart. I think religious difference should not be a barrier. So far you are happy with him, which is more important he's your man.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by kenzyma(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2011
You need to ask yourself if you are happy around him. My candid advice is to follow ur heart. I think religious difference should not be a barrier. So far you are happy with him, which is more important he's your man.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by dollz(f): 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2011
Wee .I think deres a portion of the bible dat says do not be unequalled yoked with believers,if ur really born again n not some church goer,I wld counsel u not to accept dis man.u may think dat ur in love but some things in life are better than a man lik ur relationship wit God.ur man destined for u is meant to pray with u and help u in ur walk of faith.if u marry dis man,know dat u ll be drainin urself cos u ll be d man n woman prayin to God.wld have loved to call u but I don't have ur no.mines on my posts,or send a mail to didiwog@gmail.com
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by ethereal(f): 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2011
Used 2 tink i could but their repeated acts of violence esp up North made me change my mind.Its a resounding NO!
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by THEAMAKA(f): 1:06am On Apr 28, 2011
no, because i want my children to be christians.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by Dsense(m): 1:39am On Apr 28, 2011
OP.
I see nothing wrong there . . .At the same time you both need to think well.
I'm muslim and currently dating a christian and so far things are getting cool and will continue to be because we talked it off and agreed on manythings.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by simpleseyi: 6:23am On Apr 28, 2011
I am a yoruba muslim and my wife is a born-again christian ( not a church goer) and I am very sure that we are happier than most couples of same religion. Please note that we muslims are not begging to marry you christians because there is no statistics that shows that christians make better wives. I know that even when you meet a christian, you will say that he does not attend your denomination. One of my friend's wife was suspended from her church because she married from another denomination.

For you those of you that say that the bible says that you should not dwell with unbelievers please state the chapter and verse that says that muslims are unbelievers. An unbeliever is someone who believes that there is no GOD, if you have any other opinion about this please state explicitly. Pastors Chris Okotie's former wife was and is still a christian, but today, they are divorced. Many couples of same religion have divorced over the years. Meanwhile, if a muslim offers you a good job with good pay you will not reget it and say that the bible says that you should not dwell with unbelievers.

Talking about your children, what of if you bring them up as christians and they become adults and convert to islam or ethiests, what will you do? GOD is in control of our lives and destiny, HE knows our end from our beginning. Hand over everything to GOD.

Do you ever wonder how GOD feels seeing HIS children divided over religion? It is the same way you will feel seeing your children fighting over what ought to unit them.

GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by wee2: 7:38am On Apr 28, 2011
@simpleseyi:thanks everyone i really appreciate all that you have all said i never expected all these responses but am so glad. God bless
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by SexyDuby(f): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
Pls do not marry him as problems might arise in future such as he's entitled 2 marrying more dan a wife, wen u give birth,d child's dedication'll be done in a muslim way,& so on. The best thing's for u 2 marry a man wit d same tribe 2 prevent future problems. Besides, d family praying 2geda wont be so effective as u'll pray differently 4rm his religion & vice versa. Just give a good reasoning b4 deciding weda 2 go ahead or not as i have a cousin goin through dis same trauma.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by ektbear: 4:16am On Apr 29, 2011
Just to reverse the question a bit. Would a Muslim woman ever marry a Christian guy? I've not seen this happen very often.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by InkedNerd(f): 6:00am On Apr 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

Just to reverse the question a bit. Would a Muslim woman ever marry a Christian guy? I've not seen this happen very often.

Oooh, good question wink
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by CrudeOil2(m): 6:05am On Apr 29, 2011
Yes.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by african1(f): 6:10am On Apr 29, 2011
My Somali Muslim cousin is married to a Christian Nigerian man!!!! And they are gonna raise the kids Muslims.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by ektbear: 6:12am On Apr 29, 2011
african1:

My Somali Muslim cousin is married to a Christian Nigerian man!!!! And they are gonna raise the kids Muslims.

haha

That is pretty cool. I guess the family must have extracted that promise before letting her marry? grin
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by InkedNerd(f): 6:13am On Apr 29, 2011
african1:

Wow, that's nice. How did your family feel about her marrying a Christian?
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by biilwwu(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2011
Marry who believes what u believe,marry whom both of u can think alike,if u are aiming high dont marry who is aiming low, finally marry who can pray with u.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by Creamish(f): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
Personally I wont date or marry a non-christian . . . . not because they are not human or respectable . . or even husband materials, but because we will most definately have issues bringing up our kids in my faith . . .which is a requirement for anyone getting married in my church . .  I have nothing against non-christians. 

. . . . As per ur concern, think real deep about any decision u have to make cos it will define the stream of ur future with him . . . If its an issue wit ur folks, and you are ready to live according to his dictate (religion-wise), ur good to go . . Y'all need to agree on your kids upbringing right now . . . once ur both in agreement, go ahead and convince ur folks . . . otherwise, its better u part ways . .
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by abu07(m): 6:15am On May 13, 2011
african1:

, walal waa ku salamy , but isn't That xaraam , and how you be sure that The children gonna turn Muslim?
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by hunkyjohn(m): 6:25am On May 13, 2011
I advocate tolerance but I personally would never cross the religious line! I can live in peace with others but will never marry a muslim. I will not even advice anyone to do so either. To me, that is the deal breaker. IMO, marriage involves sharing EVERYTHING. I can conveniently cross the tribal or racial line but religion is a different ball game.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by Bisijohn: 6:09pm On May 14, 2011
Can two walk together except they agree? You need to ask youself the question. If you can not agree on your faith now, which i think is the foundation of happy union, you may not agree on so many things in marriage. You need to agree. My candid advice is for you to quit the relationship except if you know that, you won't mind becoming a Muslim in future.
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by Goldieluks: 6:20pm On May 14, 2011
No ,because i am a Christian and i would not want religion to
divide my family into two different part.

my advise to you,look before you leap,
meaning think twice,you might want to listen to your mum,
although sometimes mum are not always right,but trust me,
mum are right most of the time.
You should also pray about it,so that the spirit of God will lead you to the right part. smiley
Re: As A Christian Can You Marry A Moslem by MrWaters: 8:08pm On May 14, 2011
Yes i can. All I need do is to Christianize her. But for u-Do u want him to be ur bf forever? don't u think 1 day u guys ar gonna marry? i dey laugh o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is More Important, The Marriage Proposal Or The Marriage Proper? / Ladies Do You Fancy Skinny Guys? / Genotype Is Killing Me Oh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.