Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? (25884 Views)

Beef The Other Woman? - What Not To Do! / Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Lilimax: There is nothing wrong in being submissive.
It is one major key to winning your husband's heart although some men sha.... lipsrsealed

Lilli baby!!

grin

Your way di mma... Carry on!

1 Like

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
All women who dont submit to their husbands end up like these women

Fat, depressed, desparate and ugly.. In church disturbing God everyday with prayers for a problem they inflicted on themselves.. angry

16 Likes

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Lilimax(f): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
Okija_juju: All women who dont submit to their husbands end up like these women

Fat, depressed, desparate and ugly.. In church disturbing God everyday with prayers for a problem they inflicted on themselves.. angry
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by tintingz(m): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2013

hehehehe... grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by free2ryhme: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Una suRe say una never snif 'sumtin' today so? Wetin we no go Read for NL grin
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Tweety121: I am not as young or as innocent as I look, yet every time I cross the street with any man, whether I've known him 10 minutes or 10 years, they either hold my arm/hand or put a protective hand on my back and lead me to the other side of the road.

Most Western-minded, proudly independent, 21st Century women would be insulted by this because they feel it patronises them; they can cross the street just as well as any man! I don't. I take it as a compliment that a man acts on his natural instinct to protect when he's with me. Some women, because of the aggressive vibe they give out quench this gentlemanly behaviour in guys, but I'd like to think it is because of my sweet, accommodating nature that men are willing to open doors or pull out chairs for me.

Now I know and they know that I can do these things for myself, but that's not the point. I'm a lover of classic literature like Pride and Prejudice because it describes a time when men were men and ladies behaved decently and were treated with care because they were the fairer sex. I am not insulted by this, and I believe that women that are have either been hurt by misogynistic men or were told that a woman is just as good as a man and doesn't need to be treated differently.

Well, its their loss. If a man wants to treat me nicely because I am a woman, let him. I know I am just as intelligent as he is, so why should his chivalry make me feel bad?

There's a difference between a man opening a door for you and a man not allowing you to speak in public. Women in certain Middle-Eastern or African countries have the right to demand more fairness because they are been oppressed, but I'm afraid if women get more fairness in the West they might stop having babies, because if men don't have to do it, why should we?!

So its obvious that I am not a feminist. I thank the Women's Movement for the vote, shattered glass-ceilings and the Pill, but it all spun out of control when:

Women Started Acting Like Men

Some women think that if a man can sleep with 300 women and be admired by his peers, why can't she sleep with 300 men and be equally respected? Well, umm, apart from this being a cry for help, nature discourages it. A man produces trillions of new sperm daily throughout his lifetime, whilst a woman is born with about 400 viable eggs, is able to fertilise only one a month, and then they run out when she's 45. Also, women tend to get pregnant after sex whilst men can walk away if they so wish, and the reproduction game is such that whilst a man shoots and deposits, a woman receives and incubates.

All this means that nature has given men the ease and biological efficiency to have sex-and-go a lot, whilst women have to deal with the palaver of periods, pregnancy and ticking biological clocks. It kinda seems as if 'Mother Nature' is a misogynistic man trying to ruin women's fun doesn't it?

Fact is women are BUILT differently from men and it is not everything they do that we should do. Those that want to out-earn, out-drink or out-burp men may feel emancipated now, but a wise man is not looking for a woman to compete with but a mate to build a life with, and a woman that uses her femininity to compliment a man will have a happier home.

Women Started Demeaning Men

I dislike watching adverts these days because of the trend for women to belittle men. Commercials like Windows 7's Family Photo is one that I actually switch channels to avoid watching. I just get angsty about seeing a woman say things to a man that will cause outrage if the tables were turned. Watch a round of adverts next time you're in front of the TV with this in mind, and you'll see stroppy, domineering women chastising gormless men for being inept. Its never the other way round. Because that would be sexist.

The funny thing is that ad executives are overwhelmingly male, so either they're being funny, or worried that if they don't toe the feminist line there would be backlash. It's probably the latter.

I was watching a show about weddings, where it is the norm for the bride-to-be to complain that the groom doesn't help enough etc and then a 'Fairy God-mother' is called to help. But one episode had a wealthy young man who was outspoken about the fact that he'll pay for the wedding, but the bride should make all the arrangements (he was American. I noticed that their adverts are fairer). The female voice-over and 'Fairy God-mother' were indignant: how dare he be so honest about his disinterest and put the bride in a bad light! Didn't he read the memo? Only the bride can complain; the man should just nod and apologise!

The gender role-reversal in the media probably reflects reality. Today most divorces are initiated by the woman who is encouraged to not put up with any dissent, I mean failings in a man. Of course I know that men can be *%*#*@*, but perhaps women don't try so hard anymore?

Women Started Saying They Didn't Need Men

I used to say this. Back when I was young and drunk on the feminist power Destiny's Child sung about. Sure women can and have raised babies who became well-adjusted adults without the help of men, but should they? It's fine if you have no choice, but to make a conscious decision that you want to raise your child without a father is like cutting your nose to spite your face. Children from such homes grow up with daddy issues because it was never supposed to be that way.

Women also say this to mean they can buy their own houses, cars, clothes, weaves, shoes etc without the help of men. That's fabulous. I'm sure the men are quite happy not to have to pay for all these things too. But I personally want my husband to take care of me and be the breadwinner, and thankfully I'm with a traditional Hausa man who feels that it is his responsibility to provide for his family.

So after we marry I'll take primary care of the children, (since they grew in my body for nine months and were then fed with my body-juice, it seems fair) cook, clean, work and help him be the best he can be, whilst he protects, provides, procures the bacon and loves and respects me as the superwoman-mother-wife-lady I am. He'll probably wash the dishes too sometimes because he's nice like that. But he doesn't have to.

It's old-fashioned and I love it. There's something, wholesome about the natural order of things.

http://hausanigerian..com/2011/04/i-am-submissive-womandoes-that-make-me.html
AT LAST!!
A VOICE OFREASON
PLEASE MARRY ME
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Eneze1(f): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
Babzilla:
AT LAST!!
A VOICE OFREASON
PLEASE MARRY ME

and you have to quote the whole thing for just that, smh

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
Tweety121: Yep. Not every man is deserving of a submissive woman, some will misuse and abuse the power they think they have over you. When a man is worthy of your respect he usually gives it back too (in his own non-ego damaging way).

Correct

1 Like

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Oildichotomy(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
Damn!!!

That's some splendid character write-up right there!

Who says the best marriageable women are not Hausas?
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
Of course women are supposed to submit to the will of men.
Everyone knows that women are mentally rétarded air heads not capable of thinking for themselves so they have to submit to male instructions instead of deciding what to do by themselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Splendid post from an emotionally mature women who knows that submission does not equate being a doormat and letting her man lead is not an admission of inferiority.
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
I so much like this write-up because i agree with every single sentence here.

I have met so many girls of the feminist camp. 25yrs to 29yrs and counting, they find it hard landing a husband who agrees with their beliefs. Though they can be good girlfriends and or bad girls....
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by kandiikane(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2013

Loool!
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by kandiikane(m): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
There is nothing wrong with a woman being submissive as long as the man understands the meaning of it.
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by DrC1: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
Fact is women are BUILT differently from men and it is not everything they do that we should do. Those that want to out-earn, out-drink or out-burp men may feel emancipated now, but a wise man is not looking for a woman to compete with but a mate to build a life with, and a woman that uses her femininity to compliment a man will have a happier home.
This is indeed a wise statement.

Some women, because of the aggressive vibe they give out quench this gentlemanly behaviour in guys, but I'd like to think it is because of my sweet, accommodating nature that men are willing to open doors or pull out chairs for me.
Now I must say I am thrilled by your in-depth analysis. A word is enough for the wise. I recommend this for every lady who seek to build a happy union with a man.
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by everyday: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Long post
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by paranorman(m): 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
Now op, you are a virtuous woman!!
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Eneze1:

and you have to quote the whole thing for just that, smh
YEAH
U SEE THE IDEA WAS TO IRRITATE PEOPLE LIKE U
IF U FEEL IRRITATED THEN HALLELUJAH
MY WORK HERE IS DONE
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by nbright: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
Nice piece
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by DONIZUPRINTS: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
dis wz rily wot i wz discussing wit my galfrnd 2day. She bliv dat b submissive 2 a man mean she be control
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Negation: 12:35am On Nov 28, 2013
Is this really being submissive, or is this what a 'real' (lots of fakes out there) feminist would call being submissive? Wouldn't this be normal in 75-90% of african households? Or am I really dated and out of touch? grin

Either way, there is nothing wrong with being whoever you want to be. I tend to see 2 trends now: Females who call themselves feminists when they really mean they want to have everything (in a relationship) their way, and females who are far from submissive who enter some sort of unwritten agreement to behave as such in exchange for total security. I imagine there's a little bit (or a lot) of overlap between the two.

Anyway, we live in a free world, everyone should do whatever makes them happy.
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Gracyel(f): 1:22am On Nov 28, 2013
All I know is dat respect is reciprocal. U only get submission from.a wife if you deserve it. If you put a smile on her face, then why not. It'll flow naturally.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by MMotimo: 2:21am On Nov 28, 2013
@Topic

Absolutely nothing - long as you did not marry your enemy
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Kanwulia: 5:26am On Nov 28, 2013
Nice write up.
But to whom it may concern. I will die a feminist. . . because A MAN IS THE LEAST of my problems in life.
I have 2! kiss

A HUSBAND. . .and A BOYFRIEND.
Never been without a man in my life o!
I can't wait to gerrrrrrrrrrrrid of them all! kiss

1 Like

Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Kanwulia: 5:28am On Nov 28, 2013
Blazay:

Actually, I am happy for her. Or should I say them.
Taking 'baby' steps to civilization.
It is common for Hausa peeps to lead themselves across the street.
I used to see a few 'bambi-allahs' or 'gbomo-gbomos' do just that while begging for money or trying to kidnap little children in large loin-clothed suffocating cow-skinned bags from street to street.
If the gesture can be extended to women who can see with all hands and feet INTACT. . . I rejoice. Very romantic.
From chopping off hands and feet for adultery to leading their women with protective hands on their backs and buttocks. . .to the other side of the road WITHOUT KILLING THEM or using the women as donkeys or mules THEMSELVES to transport merchandise across the streets while sitting on them? shocked

[size=20pt]Somebarry please shout J-J for Jehovah Jireh!!! [/size]

The only problem?
I wish she will experience that kind of basic 'chivalry' in Hausaland, Nigeria.
Not just in London.
All well and good sha.

Please, rock on. "Awusa" peeps in London. . . you have a lot of catching up to do.

Small-small. . . una go reassssh dia. Amen. cheesy

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrran-ka-de-de ma!!!

mu ha ha ha ha ha ha

Kanwulia aka BLAZAY. . . you nor dey disappoint lai lai!!!
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by babybuzx(f): 6:33am On Nov 28, 2013
Notin is wrong but something is wrong if ur man takes it for gran undecidedted
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by lastpage: 6:50am On Nov 28, 2013
How did this Poster end-up ruining a beautiful write-up (her thoughts) with the cancer of most Nigerians - TRIBALISM?
Is it your intent to infer that only an "Awusaa Nigerian woman" reasons or should think and act in this manner?

What you wrote could better be described as the "essence of womanhood" ..........but just look at the manner in which the "I am Awusa-nism" has distracted from the wisdom of the post itself?

Please, there is "a time and season" for everything under the sun, a time to 'shout Awusa', ..... and a time to just espouse wisdom!

When you mix the two together, what you get is "loss of content and derisson"!

You did bad justice to one of the best write-Ups l've read on Nairaland!

Dont know whether to kiss you...... or smack you! kiss kiss angry angry

But either way, l give you a thumbs-Up! wink wink

Lastpage!

NB: I have saved this piece for some young ladies l am mentoring.
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by Akuneshiobike(m): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
Babe, how i wish i could see u in person, to give u a nice and well deserved peck. Your thread is on point, a thread written with wisdom. I totally agree with every bit of what u said. Let she (not he this time) who has ear, hear. Shikina!!
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by davuvid(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Feminists!!!!.....I detest them so much. Watch well most are products of failed marriages.

Anyway...as for me, I love an understanding woman.

@O.p.......don't stop loving ur man and he won't stop loving you
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by God2man(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tweety121: I am not as young or as innocent as I look, yet every time I cross the street with any man, whether I've known him 10 minutes or 10 years, they either hold my arm/hand or put a protective hand on my back and lead me to the other side of the road.

Most Western-minded, proudly independent, 21st Century women would be insulted by this because they feel it patronises them; they can cross the street just as well as any man! I don't. I take it as a compliment that a man acts on his natural instinct to protect when he's with me. Some women, because of the aggressive vibe they give out quench this gentlemanly behaviour in guys, but I'd like to think it is because of my sweet, accommodating nature that men are willing to open doors or pull out chairs for me.

Now I know and they know that I can do these things for myself, but that's not the point. I'm a lover of classic literature like Pride and Prejudice because it describes a time when men were men and ladies behaved decently and were treated with care because they were the fairer sex. I am not insulted by this, and I believe that women that are have either been hurt by misogynistic men or were told that a woman is just as good as a man and doesn't need to be treated differently.

Well, its their loss. If a man wants to treat me nicely because I am a woman, let him. I know I am just as intelligent as he is, so why should his chivalry make me feel bad?

There's a difference between a man opening a door for you and a man not allowing you to speak in public. Women in certain Middle-Eastern or African countries have the right to demand more fairness because they are been oppressed, but I'm afraid if women get more fairness in the West they might stop having babies, because if men don't have to do it, why should we?!

So its obvious that I am not a feminist. I thank the Women's Movement for the vote, shattered glass-ceilings and the Pill, but it all spun out of control when:

Women Started Acting Like Men

Some women think that if a man can sleep with 300 women and be admired by his peers, why can't she sleep with 300 men and be equally respected? Well, umm, apart from this being a cry for help, nature discourages it. A man produces trillions of new sperm daily throughout his lifetime, whilst a woman is born with about 400 viable eggs, is able to fertilise only one a month, and then they run out when she's 45. Also, women tend to get pregnant after sex whilst men can walk away if they so wish, and the reproduction game is such that whilst a man shoots and deposits, a woman receives and incubates.

All this means that nature has given men the ease and biological efficiency to have sex-and-go a lot, whilst women have to deal with the palaver of periods, pregnancy and ticking biological clocks. It kinda seems as if 'Mother Nature' is a misogynistic man trying to ruin women's fun doesn't it?

Women Started Demeaning Men

I dislike watching adverts these days because of the trend for women to belittle men. Commercials like Windows 7's Family Photo is one that I actually switch channels to avoid watching. I just get angsty about seeing a woman say things to a man that will cause outrage if the tables were turned. Watch a round of adverts next time you're in front of the TV with this in mind, and you'll see stroppy, domineering women chastising gormless men for being inept. Its never the other way round. Because that would be sexist.

The funny thing is that ad executives are overwhelmingly male, so either they're being funny, or worried that if they don't toe the feminist line there would be backlash. It's probably the latter.

I was watching a show about weddings, where it is the norm for the bride-to-be to complain that the groom doesn't help enough etc and then a 'Fairy God-mother' is called to help. But one episode had a wealthy young man who was outspoken about the fact that he'll pay for the wedding, but the bride should make all the arrangements (he was American. I noticed that their adverts are fairer). The female voice-over and 'Fairy God-mother' were indignant: how dare he be so honest about his disinterest and put the bride in a bad light! Didn't he read the memo? Only the bride can complain; the man should just nod and apologise!

The gender role-reversal in the media probably reflects reality. Today most divorces are initiated by the woman who is encouraged to not put up with any dissent, I mean failings in a man. Of course I know that men can be *%*#*@*, but perhaps women don't try so hard anymore?

Women Started Saying They Didn't Need Men

I used to say this. Back when I was young and drunk on the feminist power Destiny's Child sung about. Sure women can and have raised babies who became well-adjusted adults without the help of men, but should they? It's fine if you have no choice, but to make a conscious decision that you want to raise your child without a father is like cutting your nose to spite your face. Children from such homes grow up with daddy issues because it was never supposed to be that way.

Women also say this to mean they can buy their own houses, cars, clothes, weaves, shoes etc without the help of men. That's fabulous. I'm sure the men are quite happy not to have to pay for all these things too. But I personally want my husband to take care of me and be the breadwinner, and thankfully I'm with a traditional Hausa man who feels that it is his responsibility to provide for his family.

So after we marry I'll take primary care of the children, (since they grew in my body for nine months and were then fed with my body-juice, it seems fair) cook, clean, work and help him be the best he can be, whilst he protects, provides, procures the bacon and loves and respects me as the superwoman-mother-wife-lady I am. He'll probably wash the dishes too sometimes because he's nice like that. But he doesn't have to.

It's old-fashioned and I love it. There's something, wholesome about the natural order of things.

http://hausanigerian..com/2011/04/i-am-submissive-womandoes-that-make-me.html
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by troy20(m): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
feminism is deeply tied to insecurity.most women who join the mantra have daddy issues
Re: I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? by iamdsam: 2:03am On Nov 29, 2013
I like a submissive woman must girls of nowadays in Nigeria ain't submissive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Mothers So Loved By Their Children Than Their Fathers? / Nigerian Dad Takes To Crossdressing, Gives Reasons: Video / Should Your Man Tell You He Cheated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.