Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,514 members, 7,801,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi (2412 Views)

Show Me One Christian In This Photo. / Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims / Release Evidence Of Christian Boko Haram Members, CAN Tells Zulum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2021
A friend of mine was posted to Kebbi, She complains bitterly that she won't be able to serve in that state. I have to ask her why. She says the State is a Sharia State, she mentions a lot of evil things going on there.
I went online and do a little research and below is what I found out.
The state was created on 27 August 1991 and came under Sharia rule in December 2000. Although it is sometimes referred to as the “land of equity”, Christians, who make up a quarter of the population, say they are treated as second-class citizens.

some examples of discrimination in Kebbi:

• When the state came into existence, three churches were relocated from the heart of the city to the outskirts. The presidential lodge was built where the churches used to stand.

• In the state capital, Brinin Kebbi, all but two churches are located on the outskirts, clustered together in one place.

• Congregations in general find it hard to get permission to build churches.

• While most school compounds have mosques, there is not a single church in government school compounds and Christian students have to meet together in classrooms.

• While Islamic Religious Knowledge is taught in government schools, Christian Religious Knowledge is not.

• Christian programmes are hardly ever aired on state television or radio stations.

• Job opportunities and admissions are mainly given to non-Christians. In offices, Christians are not duly promoted or paid equal salaries. In cases where they do get promoted, these promotions are often not implemented.

• There is no Christian cemetery in Birnin Kebbi. Christians have to be taken to Jega Local Government Area, 20 miles away, to be buried.

• Since its creation, only one Christian from Kebbi has ever been promoted to the State Cabinet.
Please if you are a Christian or someone from Kebbi, kindly educate me on what is going on in that State.
Mod: front page, please.

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 15, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
[s]A friend of mine was posted to Kebbi, She complains bitterly that she won't be able to serve in that state. I have to ask her why. She says the State is a Sharia State, she mentions a lot of evil things going on there.
I went online and do a little research and below is what I found out.
The state was created on 27 August 1991 and came under Sharia rule in December 2000. Although it is sometimes referred to as the “land of equity”, Christians, who make up a quarter of the population, say they are treated as second-class citizens.

some examples of discrimination in Kebbi:

• When the state came into existence, three churches were relocated from the heart of the city to the outskirts. The presidential lodge was built where the churches used to stand.

• In the state capital, Brinin Kebbi, all but two churches are located on the outskirts, clustered together in one place.

• Congregations in general find it hard to get permission to build churches.

• While most school compounds have mosques, there is not a single church in government school compounds and Christian students have to meet together in classrooms.

• While Islamic Religious Knowledge is taught in government schools, Christian Religious Knowledge is not.

• Christian programmes are hardly ever aired on state television or radio stations.

• Job opportunities and admissions are mainly given to non-Christians. In offices, Christians are not duly promoted or paid equal salaries. In cases where they do get promoted, these promotions are often not implemented.

• There is no Christian cemetery in Birnin Kebbi. Christians have to be taken to Jega Local Government Area, 20 miles away, to be buried.

• Since its creation, only one Christian from Kebbi has ever been promoted to the State Cabinet.
Please if you are a Christian or someone from Kebbi, kindly educate me on what is going on in that State.
Mod: front page, please. [/s]

What you wrote here is absolute rubbish.

In my secondary school days no government teaches Islamic religion knowledge but Christian religion all through.

The state is a muslim state and teaching IRK is in order.

If you are in kebbi and want to study crk then go and read your bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2021
Let me tag our mislims brothers who are on their way to go join Hamas

Evil right activists dem

6 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You had to cancel everything just to say this

Don't you think you need your head examined

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 15, 2021
Mikecold:
You had to cancel everything just to say this

Don't you think you need your head examined

If the person writing this is talking about SW states and Edo states with both high number of Muslims and Christian population then it is understandable and will be pursued to logical conclusion.

Kebbi is a full muslim state with minor xtian population.

Stop pushing unnecessary argument to where no issue is existing.

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by yomi007k(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2021
Nonsense.

Is it by force to be there?

Wetin dey Kebbi sef?
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:04pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

In my secondary school days no government teaches Islamic religion knowledge but Christian religion all through.

... From your reaction and post, it means this is what Christian is going through in Kebbi, else you will have put down useful information to help me.

22 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

If the person writing this is talking about SW states and Edo states with both high number of Muslims and Christian population then it is understandable and will be pursued to logical conclusion.

So kebbi Christian's are pork meat abi

But it's ok to go do tatafo for Palestinians abi

Btw remove Edo from your mouth, make you no see wetin pass you this afternoon

20 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 15, 2021
yomi007k:
Nonsense.

Is it by force to be there?

Wetin dey Kebbi sef?
Life is cheap in kebbi

Two for five naira

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 15, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
... From your reaction and post, it means this is what Christian is going through in Kebbi, else you will have put down useful information to help me.

Another trash.

The scenario you painted can only be taken Serious if it is happening in SW states and Edo state plus part of North Central states.

Anything aside these are purely useless and clout chasing.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nbote(m): 1:10pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Another trash.

The scenario you painted can only be taken Serious if it is happening in SW states and Edo state plus part of North Central states.

Wait what exactly is ur point? That it is OK for State in Nigeria to claim to b a Muslim state and as such suppress Christians there but Muslims in Ilorin can protest over a hijab ban in CHRISTIAN skools??

10 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 15, 2021
Mikecold:
So kebbi Christian's are pork meat abi

But it's ok to go do tatafo for Palestinians abi

Btw remove Edo from your mouth, make you no see wetin pass you this afternoon

My statement is clear, the case op painted will be taken Serious if it is happening in SW states , Edo state and some north central states... because these places have a large number of indigenous Muslims .

But in a case of kebbi, look for another issue.. Nothing like that .

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Kebbiprince: 1:13pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Exactly, thank you for defending my state
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Kebbiprince: 1:13pm On May 15, 2021
If you don't like what we do then relocate
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 15, 2021
Nbote:

Wait what exactly is ur point? That it is OK for State in Nigeria to claim to b a Muslim state and as such suppress Christians there but Muslims in Ilorin can protest over a hijab ban in CHRISTIAN skools??

I have already answered that question.

the case op painted will be taken Serious if it is happening in SW states , Edo state and some north central states... because these places have a large number of indigenous Muslims .

Muslims in kebbi nearly looks like none is existing.
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by CodeTemplar: 1:16pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You are clearly unbalanced.

There is no way the state can have so little a christian population that will justify stifling them economically, socially and educationally.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by nzeobi(m): 1:17pm On May 15, 2021
I was posted to kebbi before I redeployed. My PPE was gss tadruga in zuru Emirate.
Zuru is dominated by Christians and you can buy alcohol or see chalets where prostitutes stay.

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Elvictor: 1:17pm On May 15, 2021
Irrelevant thread, go to Kebbi and meet sharia death. Nonsense
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Exactly, thank you for defending my state

I have bookmarked the statement for future purposes when I will link it to your state if such thread arises.

Be ready to open your alternate Monikers to cry foul.
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 15, 2021
CodeTemplar:

You are clearly unbalanced.

There is no way the state can have so little a christian population that will justify stifling them economically, socially and educationally.

My submission is balanced and places I mentioned formally balances it.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by AmuAwusa: 1:27pm On May 15, 2021
All this unknown states in the north with most zero human capital development. Who goes there?!? undecided undecided
When this country finally divides, watch them go into oblivion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

CRK is not allowed to be taught in a government school that use oil money from a Christian State to fund. It is quite unfortunate that I have to share a country with low life good for nothing pig in form of a human being.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Another trash.

.. Because they are the minority, they have no right in their State. I wonder how some of you sleep at night. It is the greedly western world that join us together that I should blame.

9 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I have bookmarked the statement for future purposes when I will link to your state if such thread arises.

Be ready to open your alternate Monikers to cry foul.
grin grin
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

My submission is balanced and places I mentioned formally balances it.
. It is the mentality of the majority of them. I try and make some calls so my friend can be posted to serene environment.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2021
nzeobi:
I was posted to kebbi before I redeployed. My PPE was gss tadruga in zuru Emirate.
Zuru is dominated by Christians and you can buy alcohol or see chalets where prostitutes stay.
, She makes mention of this area but said other places are not safe.
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2021
Nbote:

. When IBO and other Ethnic nationality are demanding self-governed they know why. I have some Moslem friends though learned but with what I am seen, read, heard and that good for nothing president (He is not my president only occupying the seat)is doing there is no hope for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 15, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
. It is the mentality of the majority of them. I try and make some calls so my friend can be posted to serene environment.

Your friend is serving his fatherland why placing calls to shift him from service of his fatherland.
Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 15, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
.. Because they are the minority, they have no right in their State. I wonder how some of you sleep at night. It is the greedly western world that join us together that I should blame.

Do you teach IRK in your own state?

Secondly keep shut if your from the states I mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 15, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
CRK is not allowed to be taught in a government school that use oil money from a Christian State to fund. It is quite unfortunate that I have to share a country with low life good for nothing pig in form of a human being.

How many barrels of oil is your community producing?

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

My statement is clear, the case op painted will be taken Serious if it is happening in SW states , Edo state and some north central states... because these places have a large number of indigenous Muslims .

But in a case of kebbi, look for another issue.. Nothing like that .
Even if it was only one Christian living there, so you deny his/her right because the person is a minority, where is your conscience?

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2021
Juliusmalema:

How many barrels of oil is your community producing?
Enough to feed your entire parasitic good for noting terrorist. Why should you deny them of their right?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

G / BOLA TINUBU AND THE COST OF POLITICAL MISCALCULATION / Who Is The Father And Mother Of Jide Sanwo Olu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.