Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River (8057 Views)

Massive Fish Caught In Idu, ONELGA, Rivers State During Fishing Festival / Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Human-sized Catfish Caught In Niger Delta (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by kindlyheart: 9:58pm On May 15, 2021
this too big for a catfish
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by loiusdthird(m): 10:23pm On May 15, 2021
GoodLord95:
I want to sell jumia log 40k interested buyer hit me up +13615248164 WhatsApp
can u explain more abt d log. Can it be used for normal orders
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by makemoneywbsite: 10:42pm On May 15, 2021
AdaugoChisom:
Is that giant cat fish? She maybe 50 years old

It could more than 200 years old. Fishes have been known to live for more than 300 years
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by julioralph(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2021
That thing is huge shocked

Can easily take on a full grown human one on one.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by GoodLord95: 2:54am On May 16, 2021
loiusdthird:
can u explain more abt d log. Can it be used for normal orders

Yes it can be used for normal orders
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Benwallt(m): 6:26am On May 16, 2021
Look very well, it is a hoax. It is a wood carved in the shape of fish.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Kinematics: 6:29am On May 16, 2021
meobizy:
Yet they speak pidgin English? I thought the language was of Nigerian origin. The Ghanaians who speak it either lived here once or passed it to their children after living here.

Yes, catfish grow that big. It’s shocking yet true.

Cameroonians speak similar pidgin English, have same English accent just like you and me. Remember SW Cameroon was once administered by the British from Nigeria.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Kinematics: 6:34am On May 16, 2021
Joel3:
Catfish is one fish that doesn't stop growing, especially when they are in the wild big water and feed on other fish.

That fish is about 35 to 55 years old. And must have ate millions of fish.

But again they speak pidgin english at the background. So cameroon de speak pidgin english like nigerian accent.

Quite surprising that many Nigerians don't know that there is little or no difference between Nigeria and Anglophone Cameroon.

Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by owobokiri(m): 6:39am On May 16, 2021
Babanah:
This looks like a whale that lost its way into a river.
It should have been rescued and sent back on its way.

Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by owobokiri(m): 6:41am On May 16, 2021
When you allow all these fishes being reared in different fish farms to enter the seas and oceans and mix up with the natural ones there, they breed stuff like this..
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by tayoccu(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2021
kindlyheart:
this too big for a catfish

It’s a catfish alright, some catfish species can grow up to 8ft in the wild the largest that was ever recorded (according to natgeo wild) was 9ft and was said to be as large as a grizzly.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Twelfthman: 7:49am On May 16, 2021
Bro that is huge!
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Rodwave: 7:51am On May 16, 2021
Kinematics:

Quite surprising that many Nigerians don't know that there is little or no difference between Southern Nigeria and Anglophone Cameroon.
Fixed.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Minjim: 8:35am On May 16, 2021
That a shark.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by Kinematics: 8:42am On May 16, 2021
Rodwave:

Fixed.

Some areas in Benue share similarity with Western Cameroon.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by kindlyheart: 9:23am On May 16, 2021
tayoccu:

It’s a catfish alright, some catfish species can grow up to 8ft in the wild the largest that was ever recorded (according to natgeo wild) was 9ft and was said to be as large as a grizzly.

I never knew. we keep learning everyday. thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by SocialJustice: 9:24am On May 16, 2021
niggadee:
That’s a whale shark not catfish
Thank you, a baby whale shark.
Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by SKhanmi: 1:39pm On May 16, 2021
Styluss:
check the video... The fish isn't spotted. I stand to be corrected though

It is. That's not a catfish. It's a whale shark. The signature whiskers in a catfish is missing and the fins look different

2 Likes

Re: Monster Catfish Caught In Cameroon River by tayoccu(m): 12:20am On May 17, 2021
kindlyheart:

I never knew. we keep learning everyday. thanks for the info
you’re welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Me See Wahala O, Which Kind Plantain Be This (pic) / Baby Food - Tom Brown / Food Inflation Rises To 21.79% In February 2021 (Highest In 15 Years)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.