Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job (10556 Views)

Should I Keep My Job Or Travel To The UK / Who Is A Scientific Officer In A Teaching Hospital / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by tightpussy156: 7:29am On May 16, 2021
@OP YOU DONT NEED TO BRING THIS TOPIC HEAR.IT COMMON SENSE YOU WANT TO ENSLAVE YOURSELF IN THAT DIRTY MARKETING JOB.WERE YO DO WORK AS U PAY.NO CUSTOMER NO.PAYMENT.YOU GO WAKA TIRE.YOUR SHOE GO FILEE.SUN GO FIRE YOU.SHIRT GO SOAK AND DRY AT THE SAME TIME.THE PEANUT U MAKE DAILY WILL BE SPEND ON.IMOVERISH FOOD AND PLENTY SACHET WATER THEN.YOU.BACK TO SQUARE ONE. GO TAKE YOUR TEACHING JOB AND APPLY FOR BETTER JOB.SEE I HAVE GIVEN YOU BETTER ADVICE THAT WILL HELP YOU.TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.NO.OFFENSE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Peterosky(m): 7:31am On May 16, 2021
Peejayx01:
Thank you for the advice so far. I really do appreciate it. With all these being said, I think I'll go for the teaching job.
.You can take the two jobs.Since the marketing job is based on commission, it means much of your time will not be required in their office. So you use your spare time after your teaching job and weekends. Trust me, you may end up thanking God for making this decision. All you need to do is to see the marketing job as your side hustle, with hard work, you will get the benefits attached to the marketing job while enjoying your salary as a teacher.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Okortor: 7:34am On May 16, 2021
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
BePrepared:

Lol
Funny dear sister, I love you for this, sincerely we believers shouldn't be like the blind we have a God willing to lead us psa 32v8
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Okortor: 7:36am On May 16, 2021
Lolz , schools do..my kid bro, earns 170k taking physics in a big school on d mainland, Lagos while my kid sis, earns 160k taking music in a big school on d mainland Lagos, some schools in lekki ajah pay over 200k to teachers. So all depends on d school, ur qualification n cognate experience on d job.
BePrepared:

If 25k weekly, thats 100k monthly, u De teach Mandarin? Which school wey fit pay that kind moni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by lawrykings(m): 7:38am On May 16, 2021
Dear OP, I'm right in the same shoes with you, somedays i lose interest in both the teaching and marketing and i feel like crying.

life has not been sweet.
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by lawrykings(m): 7:42am On May 16, 2021
brainhgeek:
Chai, may the prosperity of those leaders who are making policies to keep or youth under financial bondage and mediocrity, turn into penury before their very lifetime. May their children be their nightmare and their wealth their mystery. Those who drove us here, those who are driving us now and those who have plan of driving us to this position will not be spared.
I am touched that a job of 25k monthly salary ( i.e. lesser than $50 monthly) is what is demanding national deliberation in this nation.
Anyway this is my advice. The real estate job will frustrate you but it will drill tenacity, zeal and drive into you. Making real estate sales is not easy. Remuneration might not be regular but if you eventually pull a good hit, you can redifine your dream from there.
As for the teaching job, you can stay a few a career. Although the income might be steady (if the management is faithful) but with 25k, you will soon realize that what gulps your salary is more than transport and house rent. You have dreams and some unbudgeted responsibilities to service.
Best bet, take both. You can be doing real estate marketing as side biz but take up the school job.
My final and golden advice is this, 'give yourself a timeline to progress exponentially or abandoned either or both positions'. Dream big!

Thank you sir. �
I'm in same shoes as the OP!
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by enoone7: 8:22am On May 16, 2021
ygowon:
Teaching job - depends on the area and the subject. If Lagos, you might add private tutorship to it. You might end up earning high.

Marketing gives you opportunity to go about and probably meet a better opportunity

BTW, I have taught before and my pay was 25k during goodluck's tenure. 25k was not enough then. I wonder how it will serve now that buhari has taken over.

While I was teaching, I got private teaching jobs but before I knew it, I got a better job and I left everything teaching. While in my new place of work, I discovered that education is actually enslaving graduates more if you have no connection. At that point, I planned going into business and today I'm happy I did.
I'm happy for you as you find happiness in your business. I'm planing to leave the 8 to 5 slavery Please do you have a I dea I can venture into with 400k
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Pravedk: 8:30am On May 16, 2021
Offpoint1:
The only marketing Job I'll ever take is that of company selling Ewa goyin and bread... Or invest 1k and get 100k returns... Anything outside that in Nigeria is grin grin grin
Weyrey
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by lanre88(m): 8:33am On May 16, 2021
Why don't you go for a marketing job that pays you more than commission only and again you don't need to be walking around to sell anything or convince anyone. Marketing has been simplified now and yet you make as much as you can for yourself.

Work smart not hard people, it does not even stop you from doing other things or job.

A word is enough...

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by dazzlingd(m): 8:46am On May 16, 2021
Peejayx01:
Good day everyone, hope our day went well.
I want your honest opinion on a issue bothering me.

So recently I got a teaching job that pays 25k per month, this job also comes with a free accommodation, a stone throw from the school(which means no transport fare). I was offered this accommodation due to the fact that my place is very far from the school.
Also, just today, a friend got a marketing job in a popular real estate company who only pays based on commission meaning no customer, no payment, but it comes with weekly stipends for transport. This has left me at crossroads presently and I'm not sure of the best decision to take right now. Please I need your advise...

Take the teaching job, use that opportunity to read and and continue improving yourself for better opportunities.
Marketing job on commission with transport money?? See, u will regret the day you were born by the time you look like ex convict after 3 weeks.....your clothes will fade, u will sweat under sun, your shoes will chop off....plus the insults u will receive on the injury
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by dazzlingd(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2021
lanre88:
Why don't you go for a marketing job that pays you more than commission only and again you don't need to be walking around to sell anything or convince anyone. Marketing has been simplified now and yet you make as much as you can for yourself.

Work smart not hard people, it does not even stop you from doing other things or job.

A word is enough...

When giving someone advice on what to do, not telling the person the bad sides is scam in disguise....
You only show the prize, why don't you tell him the many frustrations and pains that come with it....plus the success rate...

See how u package the whole thing makes it look so easy as if once he starts, his life problems are over
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Luak(m): 8:55am On May 16, 2021
Solsix:

How much is that?? For how long will they tolerate you if u don't make a sale?? Will that be enough for feeding and transportation?? Marketing involves a lot of movement. I have been there before.
I believe the spare time you will have can be used for side hustle. I bet the private school job will not give you the space to use your creative potentials
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by dazzlingd(m): 8:59am On May 16, 2021
brainhgeek:
Chai, may the prosperity of those leaders who are making policies to keep or youth under financial bondage and mediocrity, turn into penury before their very lifetime. May their children be their nightmare and their wealth their mystery. Those who drove us here, those who are driving us now and those who have plan of driving us to this position will not be spared.
I am touched that a job of 25k monthly salary ( i.e. lesser than $50 monthly) is what is demanding national deliberation in this nation.
Anyway this is my advice. The real estate job will frustrate you but it will drill tenacity, zeal and drive into you. Making real estate sales is not easy. Remuneration might not be regular but if you eventually pull a good hit, you can redifine your dream from there.
As for the teaching job, you can stay a few a career. Although the income might be steady (if the management is faithful) but with 25k, you will soon realize that what gulps your salary is more than transport and house rent. You have dreams and some unbudgeted responsibilities to service.
Best bet, take both. You can be doing real estate marketing as side biz but take up the school job.
My final and golden advice is this, 'give yourself a timeline to progress exponentially or abandoned either or both positions'. Dream big!

As in the thing weak me,

25k per month.....chai!

This country's level of poverty is disheartening...

Why should an adult be earning 25k per month..
A single guy earning less than 300k per month in this country is broke....
Let's be fair, how do you want to live life....when I mean live, i don't mean exist...
Live life, eat decently, dress decently, drive a moderately decent car, pay Bills and house rent and furnish your apartment with extra money to do a vacation at least once a year......with nothing less than 300k per month, you can't live a decent life in nigeria.

Poverty is a ripple effect, it destroys dreams, changes focuses....how can one think right ? When u havent even eating...how can the nation develop when the citizens are impoverished

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by omooajisnooni: 9:08am On May 16, 2021
Peejayx01:

So recently I got a teaching job that pays 25k per month, this job also comes with a free accommodation, a stone throw from the school(which means no transport fare). I was offered this accommodation due to the fact that my place is very far from the school.

25k a month? The thing is, in real estate Marketing the commission is unlimited and it takes the grace of God to make big inflow but then, you must have the product knowledge and skills to seal deals. It might takes months to make sales if you can endure. No connection no better job in this country for 80% of graduate, may God help us. Choose wisely bro!
Also, just today, a friend got a marketing job in a popular real estate company who only pays based on commission meaning no customer, no payment, but it comes with weekly stipends for transport. This has left me at crossroads presently and I'm not sure of the best decision to take right now. Please I need your advise...
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by omooajisnooni: 9:10am On May 16, 2021
Peejayx01:

25k a month? The thing is, in real estate Marketing the commission is unlimited and it takes the grace of God to make big inflow but then, you must have the product knowledge and skills to seal deals. It might takes months to make sales if you can endure. No connection no better job in this country for 80% of graduate, may God help us. Choose wisely bro!

1 Like

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Steveagro: 9:10am On May 16, 2021
Collect the two depending on the flexibility of the marketing job
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by labelle123(f): 9:30am On May 16, 2021
Go for the teaching job
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by ygowon: 10:01am On May 16, 2021
enoone7:

I'm happy for you as you find happiness in your business. I'm planing to leave the 8 to 5 slavery Please do you have a I dea I can venture into with 400k
It depends on your location. What do you think people can't do without in your location and are not readily available?
As for me, I loved to venture into transport, food, energy and communication. Bad economy does not affect those areas much.

Think of what you can start with your available capital. And please, don't use all your capital for the business so u can fall back on something if it doesn't work. Remember, business is risky and do not resign from your job until the business has started picking. So, your job is your plan B and your business plan A.

Warning: Don't rush into a business without doing thorough research about the business. The risks involved, ease of sourcing goods, etc.

I can't tell u a particular business because I don't know your area and may have not been there.
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by ademuyiwa20(f): 11:25am On May 16, 2021
Teaching offcourse. Just get additional side hustle, with time your income go robust.

As for the marketing, nah luck, if person no see customer for the first 2month, how u wan take do am.

MTN data subscription is available, check my signature for details ooo
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Mustiboy(m): 11:38am On May 16, 2021
Nobody should be earning 25k per month. It's not fair embarassed

But the reality is, people earn far lesser than that per month here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by lanre88(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2021
dazzlingd:

When giving someone advice on what to do, not telling the person the bad sides is scam in disguise....
You only show the prize, why don't you tell him the many frustrations and pains that come with it....plus the success rate...

See how u package the whole thing makes it look so easy as if once he starts, his life problems are over

I get your point bro, you could see where I wrote that it does not even stop him from doing other things. I am still involved in other things myself but what I told him is what I would tell any member of my family looking for a job. Marketing pays more, not just the money you make but the links and connect you have which is immeasurable.

My advise to anyone, whatever you do please add marketing to it(not the one you walk in the sun to hawk goods and all). I pray God opens our eyes in this dwindling economy.

1 Like

Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by faithfull18(f): 2:46pm On May 16, 2021
RELAN2446:
Kindly go for the teaching job, but if you know you ve customer on ground for the real estate consider it or else you will just walking up and down until you run mad.
Until you run mad ke, you aren't nice at all.
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by judedwriter(m): 3:01pm On May 16, 2021
From experience, I would advice you to go for the marketing job.

Many go into teaching to escape poverty, but if you are not called as a teacher, you will be frustrated. Teaching job can be very frustrating, especially if you have no business in the classroom.

Marketing is hard no doubt, but With God's favour, you can do much better financially.
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by oshiokpu(m): 4:09pm On May 17, 2021
Marketing is bae. The richest people in the world are sales people. Rich Dad says Teaching will make you poor. Marketing will make you Rich.
Re: A Teaching Job Or A Marketing Job by Neyochy(m): 6:04pm On May 17, 2021
Pls take the teaching job...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knowing People Can Effortlessly Secure You A Job. / High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. / NEW Job Recruitment Company for NIGERIANS, AMERICANS and CANADIANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.